DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 tory candidate in bi-election
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Fri 17 Aug 20:10

From kingdom radio - There are calls for the Conservative candidate in the Dalgety Bay and Inverkeithing by-election to stand down over inappropriate comments made on social media.

The remarks appear on the Facebook page of Dave Coleman and are dated April 2010.

One makes reference to a derogatory term for a disabled person, while another calls people shopping at supermarket chain Lidl “chavs” and “pikeys”.

There are now calls for Mr Coleman to remove himself as a candidate from the council by-election.

SNP candidate, Neil Hanvey, said: "These offensive Facebook posts by the Scottish Tory candiate are totally unacceptable and not befitting of someone seeking public office.

"Dave Coleman should stand down from the contest at once - if not then Ruth Davidson must remove him."
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: tory candidate in bi-election
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 17 Aug 21:53

Can't comment until I know exactly what the derogatory term was and I'm what context he described lidl shoppers as chavs and pikeys. Dunfermline fans often use derogatory terms about people from Falkirk. Context is everything.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Fri 17 Aug 22:22

Hanvey the worst person ever to represent dunfermline ever, useless. Let the public vote.

Post Edited (Fri 17 Aug 22:24)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Sat 18 Aug 05:45

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/bigot-tory-councillor-exposed-mocking-13097888

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 18 Aug 06:41

Neil Hanvey.....hahahaha....he has no moral high ground....look at the mess of the High Street...join the dots.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Sat 18 Aug 07:16

Quote:

dafc, Fri 17 Aug 22:22

Hanvey the worst person ever to represent dunfermline ever, useless. Let the public vote.

DEFLECTION ALERT
[IP address logged]
 Re: tory candidate in bi-electi
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Sat 18 Aug 07:24

Quote:

Rastapari, Sat 18 Aug 06:41

Neil Hanvey.....hahahaha....he has no moral high ground....look at the mess of the High Street...join the dots.

Surprised at you, would have thought the tory candidates comments deserved some scrutiny from yourself.
Anyway do tell us more on how NH singlehandedly effected the High Street
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 18 Aug 13:22

I know nothing about these guys, TBH. I am too far away from the Scottish political scene to comment. But I do hate it when people go searching for something someone has written online - what is it in this case? Eight years ago?

I would hate to be pulled up on something I wrote on here eight years ago; heck, even eight weeks ago! Things get said in the heat of the moment and can so easily be taken out of context. And of course they can never really be erased. This is one of the real dangers of social media in all its forms.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 18 Aug 14:02

Quote:

OzPar, Sat 18 Aug 13:22

I know nothing about these guys, TBH. I am too far away from the Scottish political scene to comment. But I do hate it when people go searching for something someone has written online - what is it in this case? Eight years ago?

I would hate to be pulled up on something I wrote on here eight years ago; heck, even eight weeks ago! Things get said in the heat of the moment and can so easily be taken out of context. And of course they can never really be erased. This is one of the real dangers of social media in all its forms.

If he said things as a private individual, I'd agree with you to an extent but if he was a public official back then, then he deserves what's coming to him.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
 Re: tory candidate in bi-electi
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 18 Aug 14:23

Quote:

Tenruh, Sat 18 Aug 07:24

Quote:

Rastapari, Sat 18 Aug 06:41

Surprised at you, would have thought the tory candidates comments deserved some scrutiny from yourself.
Anyway do tell us more on how NH singlehandedly effected the High Street

No deflection, I have personal experience of the aforementioned Hanvey, I know his tact.....and where did I say singlehandedly?
At least have the respect to leave the goal posts where they are eh..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sat 18 Aug 19:52

Look at the percentage of Tories who have been outed for this kind of thing in the last few years. Way more than the other parties.

The Tories do seem to attract the scummiest sorts.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Thu 23 Aug 21:08

A tory councillor in fife was banned from teaching for similar stuff. Deflection of Tory attitudes to people less able is rife
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Opelfruitloops  
Date:   Fri 24 Aug 16:27

Trust me. Tory attitudes towards disabled people verges on the fascist. Look at how theyve treated disabled people under the guise of welfare. They were investigated a couple of years ago by the UN and the report was damming. The UN accused them of flagrant abuses of disabled people's human rights. The Tories just ignored the report.

Be true to who you are
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net