DAFC.net
Home 25 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 So Here's to You Mr. Robinson
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Wed 28 Nov 11:30

I have avoided commenting on this topic since Yaxley-Lennon thrives on any kind of publicity, but it has now appeared on the front page of the Daily Record. In a sense he has already achieved his aim whether he attends the upcoming Hearts v Rangers game or not, since he can now play the victim card and claim that The Establishment are trying to silence his patriotic voice.

It might be tempting to lay some blame on Hearts fans for this publicity stunt, but Robinson could probably have attached himself to any club, including our own. We also have links to McCrae’s battalion but have so far been spared the sight of Robinson posing in a black and white football top. The main Hearts supporters’ website has overwhelmingly condemned Robinson’s attempt to associate himself with either McCrae’s battalion or the football club in general.

Robinson is similar to that colourful, Glasgow street ned from the inter-war years, ‘King Billy’ Fullerton, whose name lives on in the ‘Billy Boys’ song. Fullerton’s preferred target was the Catholic population as opposed to Muslims, however the allegations of their being a threat to the indigenous culture and their sexual criminality are depressingly familiar.

Like Robinson, Fullerton was essentially a petty criminal who had no love of the police yet in some confused way saw himself as a defender of the law. He acted as a strike breaker during the 1926 General Strike, affiliated his gang to the fascist Blackshirt movement and later served in the British army. Active service seems to have sated Fullerton’s desire for violence and he lived in obscurity thereafter, although his funeral in 1962 drew a large crowd on the streets of Bridgeton, commemorated in a famous poem by Edwin Morgan.

I can imagine a big turnout at Robinson’s funeral in Luton about forty years hence, although whether he will be immortalised in song and verse is not yet clear.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: So Here's to You Mr. Robinson
Topic Originator: richie5401  
Date:   Wed 28 Nov 14:09

Robinson's criticism's of Islam seem to be more directed to the Qu'ran and the ideology that can drive it.

Billy Fullerton directed his anger not only to catholicism but the followers of it.

It's an important distinction and one as a society we have lost sight of.

Ideas matter.Criticism and debate are essential so we can know what's true.

Debate and criticism are not only being stifled but rapidly being replaced by disagreement= hate speech.

We can still hate an idea but love the individual.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Wed 28 Nov 15:05

Robinson is being backed by some big money from the USA although he was denied entrance recently due to his criminal record. If Robinson is being seen as the saviour of Christian values then the game is well and truly up.

Robinson's theological critique of Islam is like listening to a bar room bigot. If he applied the same scrutiny to the Old Testament he would find advocations of violence therein. If he read the New Testament he would not be whipping up hatred on the streets but more likely kicking over the moneylenders' tables in the Bank of England. As a convicted fraudster, Robinson is unlikely to be going down that road.

I often hear this claim that Robinson is saying what needs to be said, but I am old enough to remember when Enoch Powell was hailed for this very same trait. Powell's forecast of race wars within 20 years failed to materialise, which has been disappointing news for racists ever since. Powell ended up in Ulster supported by a people who had done the very thing he claimed to be against: destroying the indigent culture. Maybe hypocrisy is a bed fellow of 'saying what needs to be said' Since his language lacks of Powell's classical flourishes Robinson's hatred is all the easier to identify. It's just as clearly seen by his exclusive choice of target in relation to sexual crime, which he seems to have linked to the Koran in some way. The sexual crimes committed against children by, amongst others, the occupying armies of the USA and the UK are of no concern to him at all. In fact for a man continually harping on about cultures being swamped he seems pretty keen on white Christians invading other countries.

Robinson's support for the British army but not for the UK police (I think he has a couple of convictions for police assault) is a giveaway for his fascist agenda. He wants the army on the streets doing some serious shooting, not police working within the rule of law. So there is nothing I can think of worth debating with Robinson, a highly paid front man for the same financial interests who thought they could put Hitler in power and control him once he'd smashed cultural marxism.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: richie5401  
Date:   Wed 28 Nov 16:56

That was pretty much my point.It's fine to criticise an idea but you have to replace it with a better one.That not just the fault of Robinson,many have fallen foul of that.

You can't take away an individual's worldview without introducing another idea that will fill the void.

You made some claims against Robinson in regards to being backed by big money and wanting some form of martial law.Is there evidence for this,if there is i would like to see it.I admit it wouldnt be a surprise.

Conflating Enoch Powell with Robinson is a bit wide of the mark.Powell attacked something that was immutable.Robinson argues against an idea.

Just to clarify i'm arguing for the right to criticise in it's broadest sense.Never for the right to harm folks who disagree.The latter is rising rapidly.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net