DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 So, has she lied or not?
Topic Originator: Bertiesback  
Date:   Thu 6 Dec 12:39

Imo there is no doubt she has lied.

You can't make independent inferences that are not substantiated in the written legal text just to gain approval to a deal.

She has no idea how the backstop would play out and her view that it would not be enforced is naive to say the least. As another Tory MP said, even if in the end it is not enforced, that does not mean there will not be a punitive cost to its removal.

What really annoys me even worse though is just how fu---g stubborn she is/has been. She has known for weeks that the backstop had to be misrepresented AND the legal advice kept hidden if she was to get this deal through and yet she has persevered with this flawed deal when she could have been discussing it and finding solutions in that time.

It's like she is insane.

If the backstop WERE to be enforced in a punitive way what comeback have the People against her for effectively lying and damaging the country. None, she will walk away scot free as Bliar did.

She needs to be replaced now, before she makes an even bigger mess of it - although that may be hard to do.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: So, has she lied or not?
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Thu 6 Dec 13:14

I've just listened to her, she has descended below all out lying to desperate nonsensical rambling.
She'll leave this with coin,pension and media fawning.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 6 Dec 13:19

I don't think she has lied as she's never said the backstop would never be implemented she just thought it would be unlikely as she was confident they would arrange a deal in the future. I think that was a bit optimistic to be honest and would potentially weaken our future negotiating position because....

I think what Leave are really worried about is that once the potential for an indefinite back stop is legally in place then it puts significant pressure on the UK to be in some form of Customs Union or the alternative no deal on trade is the backstop for ever so we'd be between a rock and a hard place.

Remain don't really want it either as it's EU rules with no representation in Government.

It's pretty much the worst of option to both sides so I don't think it'll get through.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 Dec 13:20

If you substitute "A bit optimistic" in my post with quite a bit of Rastas my post probably works better.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Thu 6 Dec 13:24

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Captain Desmond Fancey  
Date:   Thu 6 Dec 13:27

I'm almost starting to feel sorry for her.

The abuse she's taking from all sides must be nearly intolerable. And she also just seems to be in an almost blind state of denial.

I think her days are numbered but pray that that doesn't mean we're going to be subjected to Labour government.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 Dec 13:39

Quote:

WORST, Thu 6 Dec 13:24

I’m sure I’ve read that it’s not illegal to tell lies in parliament? So she can say what she wants without fear of any legal action against her.

You're right that it's not illegal but it's not without consequence:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misleading_of_parliament

It would be better if it was illegal but I'm not sure if we'd have a Parliament 😉
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Thu 6 Dec 16:03

Quote:

Captain Desmond Fancey, Thu 6 Dec 13:27

I'm almost starting to feel sorry for her.

The abuse she's taking from all sides must be nearly intolerable. And she also just seems to be in an almost blind state of denial.

I think her days are numbered but pray that that doesn't mean we're going to be subjected to Labour government.

Tories are thick skinned, water off a ducks back
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Bertiesback  
Date:   Thu 6 Dec 16:15

"The abuse she's taking from all sides must be nearly intolerable. And she also just seems to be in an almost blind state of denial."

I agree. It's like she's relishing it. It's like she thinks this is her best chance to stay in the limelight even though she is fu---g the whole job up she's a star.

The signs were all there when TWICE now she has DANCED and the whole world thought she looked laughable the first time. She's a glekit saddo who is relishing the spotlight and doesn't give a f---k what the tab is.

I genuinely think she's not all there.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 Dec 17:09

"I genuinely think she's not all there."

Yep, I'm starting to think that's the case and it's actually becoming quite sad to watch.

However she leads a party of gutless cowards who are happy to stick in the knife but not one of them has the guts to take the job on.

Love her or loathe her, we could really do with somebody like Thatcher in charge right now to see us through this mess.

The good old days
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Thu 6 Dec 18:16

The problem would be that Margaret Thatcher was a supporter of the EU, so would be on the Remainer side.

However she did probably contribute to the Brexit cause by setting in place, for millions of UK citizens, disillusionment with the political process.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 Dec 19:47

Well the left blame her for everything else, so why not Bexit too.

Can also guarantee she would never support the EU in its current guise.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Thu 6 Dec 20:43

Let's face it she is only there to deliver Brexit for those of a tax avoidance persuasion and get us on the same food standards as America for a toxic but profitable trade deal with the aforementioned world police and bigger profits for the newly privatised health service we all need more due to the likes of chlorinated chicken the aforementioned deal allowed into our diet....
Winner winner chicken dinner.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 9 Dec 05:34

I honestly struggle to identify US-made products beyond Caterpillar, Boeing, Harley Davidson and Grape Nuts cereal where you can’t find better products elsewhere. Can you think of any?

Any extended trade relationship the uk would seek with America would surely be commodity and services based and that already is pretty robust and mature.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parbucks  
Date:   Mon 10 Dec 20:49

“The problem would be that Margaret Thatcher was a supporter of the EU, so would be on the Remainer side.”

I doubt that very much.

Thatcher was the greatest exponent of free trade in Europe which is what the EEC was in her time. The EU project was endorsed by Major after the referendum in the 70’s without publicising the political ramifications and hoodwinking the British electorate.

Remember Thatcher: No, No, No and she got the financial rebate. They said then it couldn’t be negotiated.

For the record half the rebate was conceded by Blair in exchange for reform of the CAP. Guess what....the last bit never happened.

Why should the EU be trusted? That’s at the heart of the NI backstop proposal.

Post Edited (Mon 10 Dec 21:01)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net