DAFC.net
Home 14 October 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Faissal
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 08:55

Fais been really poor since joining us. How did he not score that open goal rebound late in second half? Would like to see Ryan giving a long waited run out.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Faissal
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 09:04

Daresay the only thing you'd have put away that came to you that quick would be a bridie. ...

Have you said anything positive on any thread since the game? Maybe the team have to win is that it?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 09:07

I’ve said many good things. We should have won the game. The performance against a top spl team was excellent.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: paraleticmcneil  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 09:12

Quote:

1981par, Sun 19 Aug 08:55

Fais been really poor since joining us. How did he not score that open goal rebound late in second half? Would like to see Ryan giving a long waited run out.

Were you watching a different game? He might not have scored but he gave there defence alot to think about.. We were playing the high ball up to him which should have been bread and butter for there defence but he competed and went in for everything. He put in a proper team player performance which is totally different from the fais a few years ago.. It's only a matter of time before he bags a few..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Turps  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 09:13

Is this a wind up? I'll just ask one question, would you drop him before Hippolyte?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 09:14

This website is full of so much negative nonsense
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 09:16

I prefer Hippolyte over Faissal. Would like to see him paired with Ryan. Ryan deserves his chance as other posters have said and Hippolyte has been better than Faissal.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 09:20

"Hippolyte has been better than Faissal."

I must be watching a different Dunfermline Athletic this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 09:28

Faisal was employed as a lone striker for much of the game and so effective in this that Hearts started to place a forward directly on Robinson to stop his distribution. So an ex international manager can see the threat. For me there was not an individual performance failure in the team.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 09:30

Never said he failed. I said I want ryan to be given a chance. There’s 36 league games. He more than deserves it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 09:33

Had to check my calendar there , thought it was April the first !!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 09:37

Was not the biggest fan of bringing him back , but IMO he has definitely added to the team . Don"t want to be too critical of any player but if someone had to step aside I'd prefer it to be Hippolyte .
Would like to see Faiss starting with Ryan soon .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 09:46

1981 par you could not possibly be more wrong.
He has been phenomenal since returning. He hasn't scored many but he has had several amazing assists. Yesterday he was only denied a brace by the post and an unbelievable save.

Other players get space because he draws so much attention.

The open goal you referred to .... well I think the bridie comment summed that up perfectly.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 09:54

The open goal was from their keepers save from Connolly and he missed he target when the goalkeeper was on the ground? That was in the last minute. Ok maybe I’m getting ahead of myself but I am a big fan of Ryan and he more than deserves his chance. We did pay money for him after all
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 09:58

The ball came at him at pace he was unlucky.

Agree about Ryan, but I'd drop Hippolyte for him.

Post Edited (Sun 19 Aug 09:58)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 10:08

El Bakhtaoui hit the post in the first half yesterday, and produced a great save, with a scissor kick in the second. He didn’t have time to adjust his body with the deflection from Connolly’s shot.

What did Hippolyte do? Don’t remember him working the keeper, or contributing much to the team. As a partnership, I have to agree that they’re not working well together. However, El Bakhtaoui’s work rate and willingness to come deep, run at defenders and create space for others puts him ahead of Hippolyte for me. I do agree that Ryan needs a chance.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Scrimmers249  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 10:17

Andy Ryan couldn't trap a bag of cement. His 1st touch is terrible
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parforthecourse  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 10:17

FeB has been excellent since returning. My only criticism is that he seems to have become very niggly, and I can see lots of yellows coming his way.

Hippolyte has some way to go, but I'd give them another half a dozen games together to see if they can form a partnership.

Totally unconvinced by Ryan in the games I've seen, but I'm fickle like everyone else, so if he scores a few I'll be converted.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 10:22

Op on the wind up surely ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: calum96  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 10:26

Faisal has definitely added to the team since coming back, the amount of chances he creates along with space for other players is unreal, the fact opposition players clearly target him trying to wind him up and kick lumps out of him speaks for itself!

Also say what you like about Andy Ryan, but he absolutely should at least have a run of 3-4 games. Was on less than 5 minutes and almost lobbed the keeper with his first attempt on goal. Definitely deserves a proper chance

Post Edited (Sun 19 Aug 10:28)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 10:50

Quote:

1981par, Sun 19 Aug 09:30

Never said he failed. I said I want ryan to be given a chance. There’s 36 league games. He more than deserves it.

Your opening comment was that he's been "really poor since joining us". Make your mind up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 11:04

"Hippolyte has been better than Faissal."

"I must be watching a different Dunfermline Athletic this season"

Me too.

Hippolyte plods around slower than an elephant, usually with a first touch to match.

Faissal put in more effort yesterday over 10 minutes than Hippolyte did during the 90.

As for the late miss - the keeper blocked the shot and it ricocheted off Faissal in a fraction of a second, could have gone anywhere, he had no time to react.

Was it not Faissal that hit the post in the first half, then had a superb goalbound shot that the keeper saved in the second ?

Post Edited (Sun 19 Aug 11:25)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 11:21

Glad to see Faissal back , sometimes you can see why he didn,t cut it in the top league , but i would certainly have him above Hippolyte anyday, would like to see him and Andy Ryan given a chance.

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jock-par  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 11:30

Boys an entertainer. That’s what we pay to see. If he had scored that volley today, we would have been talking about it for years. Clearly one of our best players and still can’t understand why Dundee let him go. Especially in their current situation

We are Dunfermline, we're on our way back!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: phutupfeet  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 11:37

Why are people saying that he hit the post is a positive? It was a shoot off target and a similar chance to the 1 hearts scored.

As for the chance at the end. Yes it came to him quickly but he has to adjust his body and score. We discussed this last night and we all agreed that Clark would have scored it.

Now is he putting in effort and taking the ball in, yes. However he is not scoring his chances.

Hypolyte is also putting in effort but also not scoring. Since the league season started we have had both our strikers putting in effort but neither look like scoring so on that Ryan does deserve a chance as we need goals. He had the same amount of efforts on target in 10 mins than Fais managed. There is a strong arguement for which striker Ryan replaces as the both offer something but I would hate to see fais kept in the team simply because he runs about
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 11:37

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: preston par  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 11:44

Andy Ryan is the best finished at the club. Deserves a chance. Not sure how two smaller/lightweight forwards would work for us but I say give it a go.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 11:49

"Hypolyte is also putting in effort but also not scoring."

Faissal had two goal efforts yesterday - one struck the post, the other brought out a superb save from their keeper.

Hippolyte (correct spelling) also had two - neither of which were remotely near the target.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 11:57

Quote:

phutupfeet, Sun 19 Aug 11:37

Why are people saying that he hit the post is a positive? It was a shoot off target and a similar chance to the 1 hearts scored.

As for the chance at the end. Yes it came to him quickly but he has to adjust his body and score. We discussed this last night and we all agreed that Clark would have scored it.

Now is he putting in effort and taking the ball in, yes. However he is not scoring his chances.

Hypolyte is also putting in effort but also not scoring. Since the league season started we have had both our strikers putting in effort but neither look like scoring so on that Ryan does deserve a chance as we need goals. He had the same amount of efforts on target in 10 mins than Fais managed. There is a strong arguement for which striker Ryan replaces as the both offer something but I would hate to see fais kept in the team simply because he runs about

"WE" were talking nonsense then.
Cant agree with any of this.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: phutupfeet  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 11:59

Think you are getting carried away with the spectacular save. Spectacular effort yes, save was routine. If that went in serious questions would have been asked about the the goalkeeper.

So our starting 2 strikers had 5 combined efforts yesterday and only forced 1 save from the keeper.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 12:04

Quote:

1981par, Sun 19 Aug 09:16

I prefer Hippolyte over Faissal. Would like to see him paired with Ryan. Ryan deserves his chance as other posters have said and Hippolyte has been better than Faissal.

It’s amazing how clueless some people actually are.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 12:15

As with the Ross County game last week,our attacking threat visibly cranked up as Andy Ryan came on.

Surely we will see Andy up front with FEB at Ayr United?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 12:30

He was excellent yesterday, caused Heart's defence plenty of problems with little service and playing on his own up top second half. He could of done better with the rebound but it was not easy, once he gets one he will get plenty.

Hippo is a real mixture, either seems to be great or awful. He has more of a presence than Ryan hence why he is paired with Fas. He really has to improve his decision making though, currently he is wasting too many promising positions, yesterday he ballooned the ball in to the stand when he had a simple pass to put J Longridge in a great position.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 12:31

I'd like to see Ryan get a start, but the OP saying Faiss has been poor since coming to us is utter nonsense.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 12:42

Obvious 🎣 is obvious

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WheelKing99  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 12:51

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 12:55

Quote:

phutupfeet, Sun 19 Aug 11:59

Think you are getting carried away with the spectacular save. Spectacular effort yes, save was routine. If that went in serious questions would have been asked about the the goalkeeper.

So our starting 2 strikers had 5 combined efforts yesterday and only forced 1 save from the keeper.

Nonsense he pulled off several excellent saves.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 13:07

Its clear the manager rates Hippolyte better than some of our fans. The manager sees him as a striker, but the versatility he provides, with being able to play wide etc, will ensure he continues to start.
I have to admit that I haven't been impressed with Ryan in the games he has started, but that may very well be because he needs a run of games and not just the odd appearance.
In saying that, Ryan looks to be the most natural goalscorer we have though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: paraleticmcneil  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 13:13

'I'm a big fan of Ryan'

What has he shown you since coming to east end that makes you a big fan?? I've seen glimpses at the tail end of last year of what could be but nothing more than that... He needs a chance at some point but the question has to be asked why he hasn't had it before now. We don't see what happens in training. Maybe a lack of application? Maybe AJ just doesn't fancy him.. Either way, hes got alot to prove at EEP..

'Ryan is our most natural finisher'

Is he? He scored alot of goals for Airdrie but I'd say that Fais is the more accomplished finisher.. If you are using his goals at airdrie to justify that statement, think about the Moff, he was free scoring at Ayr, then couldn't replicate it for us..

He deserves his chance in time but I think you'll find that our first 11 will be in stone for the at least the next few weeks with maybe a tweak here and there to the midfield (to accommodate Thompson/Beadling)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Valley Par  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 13:22

git aff the laddie,s back - once he gets one - he,ll be out the traps and he will score against Ayr !
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 13:31

Couldn't disagree with the OP more. Been really impressed with Faissel since he came back. He's linked the play well, taken the ball in tight situations, run at players, drawn fouls and harried the opposition to the point of exhaustion. The only thing missing is a goal and he was unlucky yesterday not to get one. He's had 3 "proper matches" since coming back against 3 teams who are way above the standard he was playing last time he was here and, although he hasn't scored, I've been really impressed with his attitude and ability. Sure the goals will come.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 13:46

What about the almost impossible ball he laid on for James Vincent, some fans need to open their eyes.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 14:04

Why does a thread about one of our strikers have to descend into one slagging off all our strikers?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 14:12

Quote:

phutupfeet, Sun 19 Aug 11:59

I guarantee you that you are wrong. Watch the highlights while practicing your counting and come back and tell us how you got on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 14:29

Faz looks well up for it, I like this new playing with a bit more attitude. He gets stuck in. I have no worries he will start banging them in.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 14:41

Couldn't make the game yesterday but the radio commentary was critical of FEB getting needlessly caught offside a couple of times in the first half if I recall correctly.Was it a valid point or were the commentators talking nonsense?

If Ryan doesn't get a decent run out during the season surely he will be off at the end of the season which would be disappointing given that we paid some cash for him.With FEB off at the end of the season we could find ourselves back to square one looking for 2 strikers for next season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 14:43

His first touch takes defenders out the game, his skills are brilliant!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mr P  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 14:46

When Fiasal came to us he wasn't fit, when he came into the team he wasn't match fit. He is getting better the more games he plays, yesterday against hearts he was excellent and was running the line alone at times, against RC the week before we were punting balls up to him all the time which didn't work because he inevitably couldn't find support.

Yesterday he wasn't alone for too long and support was available.

Hippo gives us the physicality we need at times but was lacking last week, yesterday he was another thorn in hearts defence, Fiasal & Hippo are forming a good understanding and this will pay dividends in the long run.

Although I can't see hippo being a regular goal scorer, I will be proved wrong no doubt, but I think that there is a case for Ryan, he looks a natural finisher and will score goals as we have seen already. So how do we change it?

AJ has an unenviable task picking the right pairing, we saw what happened with Devine missing last week, with our strength up front I can't see this happening and throughout the season I am sure we will see the preferred two score Faisal regularly with the odd one from Hippo and I can see AR as well as CS getting a few too. It is early days in the league and I see everyone will get their chance.

We won't win the league without rotating players, again this will depend on who we are playing or where we are visiting. We look very strong with a 3-5-2 formation and it will get stronger as the season progresses.

We all have our opinions and comments of what we see on the pitch after the game. Like yesterday I thought we lost the game down to not making the changes soon enough, but when I read the comments on another thread I could see it wasn't as easy as I thought after taking on board some comments.

Just give the team a little time and they will, I am confident, they will produce what we are craving, a few goals, a great performance and 3 points.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 15:33

"I guarantee you that you are wrong. Watch the highlights while practicing your counting and come back and tell us how you got on."

Without trawling through the highlights again, that is probably accurate.

Two of our on target efforts on goal in the second half that required their keeper were not from either Faissal or Hippolyte.

Plus the two that Fais did have comes to four - not sure where the fifth one comes from.

That's four more meaningful attempt than Hearts - apart from their goal, Robinson was rarely in serious action from what I mind.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 16:39

Had a wee peruse of the Hearts forum earlier.... They genuinely seemed surprised at our energy levels and how much we were "in their faces" yesterday.
A few compliments about our Bridies too😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 16:58

The OP is obviously at it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 17:16

Pars fans can be right miserable biscuit crunching morons.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WheelKing99  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 17:26

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 17:34

Quote:

WheelKing99, Sun 19 Aug 17:26

Plenty of hob-knobs that's for sure

😂👌👌

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parathetical  
Date:   Sun 19 Aug 17:49

OP wants to stop sniffing the glue & get some help.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: