DAFC.net
Home 21 October 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 La Liga in USA
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Thu 23 Aug 12:01

I'm with the players on this one!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45269974

Support Pars United (costs you nothing) when you shop online with 3100 retailers and insurance firms etc, including Argos, Amazon, John Lewis, Tesco, LV=, O2 etc.
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/parsalive
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: La Liga in USA
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Thu 23 Aug 12:37

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Thu 23 Aug 12:58

Doesn't stop NFL team playing home games in Mexico or London, or NBA matches and NHL. Players are paid £100s of thousands every month and these are the deals that helps their clubs pay those salaries. Don't get the big deal with it at all.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 23 Aug 13:00

Quote:

Sierra Nevada, Thu 23 Aug 12:37

Ye, it's going too far. You can't have a fair competition with uneven home and away games for some teams. I'm sure they will be well compensated for it but that's not the point. Makes a mockery of the league.

The thirst for cash in football is going to end up ruining the game.

Champions league is designed for the greedy big leagues and screw the rest too. Now we end up with repetitive fixtures from the last 16 on-wards every year in that competition. Getting bored of it.

I don't disagree with anything you said, SN, but I'm going to pick some holes in your argument all the same.😃

Two wrongs don't make a right, but we have un even home and away games every year in the Scottish Premiership. Repetitive fixtures are the staple diet of practically every domestic league in the world. It would be great to see some different teams in the knockout stages of the Champions League but it's still compulsive viewing when it comes round, imo, because the very best club sides in the world are involved.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Turps  
Date:   Thu 23 Aug 13:53

Doesn't stop NFL team playing home games in Mexico or London, or NBA matches and NHL. Players are paid £100s of thousands every month and these are the deals that helps their clubs pay those salaries. Don't get the big deal with it at all.

Just because the American sports do it doesn't make it right.

A regular season should involve every club playing each team home and away. Not playing a handful picked at random in a neutral venue. It turns the competition in to a bit of a farce.

Say it's a game like Betis v Real Madrid. Betis home fans and season ticket holders have one less game on their calendar (A highly sought after one at that). Betis lose all home advantage and probably play in the States in front of a stadium full of Real Madrid fans. How is this fair?

It shouldn't happen, but it probably will.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 23 Aug 17:36

It won't happen if the players tell their employers to shove it, Turps.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: