DAFC.net
Home 24 October 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Ayr
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 07:24

Beautiful morning in Ayr, blue skies but a little chilly. Made the journey up yesterday as my nephew is the Ayr mascot to-day.A lot of optimistic noises coming out of the Ayr supporting side of my family.
I feel this will be a difficult game for us. Imagine the angst if both Shankland and Moffat score.At least Ayr supporters recognise the contribution of Moffat to their team and acknowledge that he returned a better player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ayr
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 07:46

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 07:51

Think we will shade it today, kind of game we should be giving Andy Ryan a shot up front with Faiss , 3-1 Pars

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hail2Crail  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 08:19

Giving Andy ryan a shot hahahahaha. Good one. More chance of calum smith starting (for us) than him... ! I'd start him every week tbh.

Post Edited (Sat 25 Aug 08:21)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 08:22

Type of game we should be winning if we are looking at top 4 this year.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 08:50

We're unbeaten in our last 11 down in Ayr winning 8 of them with our last defeat coming in 2009.

They've done well and have assembled a decent squad but I think this is a game we can win and I think odds of 5/4 are quite attractive even though we're away.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 09:04

Quote:

wetherby, Sat 25 Aug 07:24

Beautiful morning in Ayr, blue skies but a little chilly. Made the journey up yesterday as my nephew is the Ayr mascot to-day.A lot of optimistic noises coming out of the Ayr supporting side of my family.
I feel this will be a difficult game for us. Imagine the angst if both Shankland and Moffat score.At least Ayr supporters recognise the contribution of Moffat to their team and acknowledge that he returned a better player.

First and foremost, I hope you enjoy the game more than your nephew, wetherby. ☺

Normally, you'd be looking to beat a newly-promoted team, but Ayr have been doing exceptionally well and will be bursting with confidence. An early Pars goal would pr*ktheir bubble though and if we get it, we can continue our good recent record at Somerset. I agree that we need to keep a very close eye on the ex Pars players, including Geggan. They will be highly motivated and would love to score against their former team, even if the celebrations are muted.

A draw today would be a very decent result, imo.

Eta. Ha ha, Surely it's OK to use the offensive word as a verb, meaning to perforate or burst? 😃

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Sat 25 Aug 09:07)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 10:11

Belly plays for them too!

Shout them on for me chaps - I’ve got the flu so will only be there in spirit.

My junior, McCaigs Tower, is doing the updates today.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 10:19

everything shankland is hitting the now seems to be going in.

I'd take a point as they are still riding on a high from last season, at least we wont be bullied of the ball by their usual hatchet tactics.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 10:25

Berkey wrote:

> everything shankland is hitting the now seems to be going in.
>
> I'd take a point as they are still riding on a high from last
> season, at least we wont be bullied of the ball by their usual
> hatchet tactics.
>
>

Oh Adams is still there
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toumba Libre  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 10:50

Hope we take a big support down and the players turn up. Hit anywhere near the level we did against Hearts and we should win this.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 11:27

Ayr have gone 8 games unbeaten and 7 games in a row without conceding whilst scoring 14.They beat Partick home and away, drew up in Inverness and are coming off a 3-0 win in Dundee last week. Tough game ahead-would take anything. We only won 5 games away in the whole of last season so today would be a good time to change that.We need to take our chances if and when they come.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 11:41

If we have any desire to win this league,then we need to believe that we’re going to beat these wee teams.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 11:46

This is a match so early that defines our season.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 12:04

It would be great to get a win but no game this early defines our season. Similarly I won't join in the inevitable meltdown on here if we lose. It's only our third league game!

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 12:05

Looking forward to this one. Should be an exciting game. I have been maybe a tad over-optimistic in my Prediction League forecast this week, suggesting we will win 5-1.

But, provided we continue the positive approach from last Saturday, we should come through. A lot will depend on how we deal with Shankland and the Moff, of course. But Ayr offer a number of threats.

Having watched two or three of their recent match highlights, they play a neat and clean passing game, not unlike our own. Two guys to watch out for are their number 8 Crawford and 11 McDaid - both are very nippy and will cause problems if not checked. And we can't igore Geggsy.

I think their defence looks very vulnerable and they do leave awful gaps. The defenders seem to back off rather than tackle. That's a big vulnerability and I hope our lads can exploit that.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 12:12

Their defence has kept 7 clean sheets in a row so obviously the gaps haven't been exploited so far! Hopefully it changes today, we have a good record against Ayr.

Post Edited (Sat 25 Aug 12:18)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 12:22

Quote:

parathletic, Sat 25 Aug 11:27

Ayr have gone 8 games unbeaten and 7 games in a row without conceding whilst scoring 14.They beat Partick home and away, drew up in Inverness and are coming off a 3-0 win in Dundee last week. Tough game ahead-would take anything. We only won 5 games away in the whole of last season so today would be a good time to change that.We need to take our chances if and when they come.

We changed that at Tannadice.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 12:26

One swallow doesn't make a summer.We need to pick up points away consistently.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dalgety_Par  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 13:20

We will beat them. Yes, they're on form, but they're a team I'm always confident of beating.

It's common knowledge that Lionel Messi kept a photo of Hamish French by his bedside as inspiration every morning!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc111  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 13:30

How many of the Ayr squad would you take in out team? Probably only 1 or 2 players. We should be winning this game if we are to challenge for the league
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: misspar  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 14:13

Quote:

Hail2Crail, Sat 25 Aug 08:19

Giving Andy ryan a shot hahahahaha. Good one. More chance of calum smith starting (for us) than him... ! I'd start him every week tbh.

Post Edited (Sat 25 Aug 08:21)

You were saying 😉
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parplod  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 14:41

Get well soon Buffy. I’m sure McCaig will do a great job but no one can match your description of proceedings.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hail2Crail  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 15:08

AJ must of read my reverse psychology post...! Reeking start though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 16:45

Reeking finish too
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: