DAFC.net
Home 14 October 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Shankland
Topic Originator: we won the cup in 68  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 21:52

Am I right in thinking we had Shankland on trial last season, said no and signed Ryan instead? We miss Nicky Clark massively.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Shankland
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 21:53

yes.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 22:18

Quote:

we won the cup in 68, Sat 25 Aug 21:52

Am I right in thinking we had Shankland on trial last season, said no and signed Ryan instead? We miss Nicky Clark massively.

Don't understand your post, what's the connection with Ryan and Shankland,

Clark chose to leave as his contract ended
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 22:31

Shankland was on trial and he was rank rotten.

No correlation to signing Andy Ryan though. Andy Ryan came about due to the Rangers cup game windfall.

As I and those I travelled with said today after the game, Moffat has made Shankland like he made Faissal. Neither player have had success without Moff

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: we won the cup in 68  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 22:34

We had Shankland on trial, said no, he turned out to be league one top scorer. We decided to pay cash for previous league one top scorer. It’s not worked out. Listen to what AJ says about Shankland in his interview today. Clark is better than anything we had upfront today.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 23:06

Shankland looked like a different player physically. Has lost a hell of a lot of weight and bulked up muscle wise.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 23:11

One swallow doesn't make a Summer----set successful league campaign. Very early days. This time last season we were whacking everyone. But we do need to start gelling as a team and believing again.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 09:56

I would fully expect Shankland to be sold this week.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 10:11

Date: Sun 26 Aug 09:56

“I would fully expect Shankland to be sold this week.“

Who has the money to buy him- probably looking at in excess of £250k?
Doubt McInness would want to lose face having released him , leaving St Mirren ( they have funds) , Hearts(?) and maybe Dundee but not sure their board would trust McCann with funds.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 11:25

Could end up at Salford!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 11:42

Shankland obviously had a wake up call when he signed at Ayr. Aberdeen has rated him highly but as can happen with a lot of young players he just didn’t kick on there then bounced around a few clubs. We could dig out the old thread on here when he was on trial and see the amount of people who were posting pretty negative stuff about him being here and hoping he wouldn’t get a deal.

They’re all human, and sometimes that kick up the backside a young player gets is enough of a warning to wake up and work a bit harder and make the difference.

Yesterday he was very good but helped by our woeful pathetic defending.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paradox  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 12:51

Not the first player to be a classed as a dud for the Pars only to go onto bigger and better things elsewhere.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 13:13

Quote:

Paradox, Sun 26 Aug 12:51

Not the first player to be a classed as a dud for the Pars only to go onto bigger and better things elsewhere.

Out of curiosity who do you refer to?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 13:23

As much as I’m not a fan of Johnson, you cannot blame him for not signing Shankland. He was a total flop at St Mirren and Morton and no one could have predicted he would go on to do so well. Maybe going to Ayr was the kick up the backside he needed. Last chance saloon and he knew it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Master Class  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 14:00

Simon Peake, Margaret Ross’s boy brought a young Kai kamara to EEP for a trial. He had coached him in America. He was quickly assessed as a dud. He went on to play in the premier league and MLS as well as being an established international, a much higher level than Shankland will likely achieve and I dare say a far superior striker.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paradox  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 14:02

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Sun 26 Aug 13:13

Quote:

Paradox, Sun 26 Aug 12:51

Out of curiosity who do you refer to?

Off the top of my head, Gavin Reilly, Lewis Spence, Shaun Byrne, Sol Bamba, Ross Millen, Tomas Danilevicus, to name a few.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 14:06

Isn’t it amazing how so many who rate Shankland so highly, after one good season, totally dismiss Faissal because he’s only had one good season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 14:49

FFAFF!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 14:59

dd23, I can't see many saying they rate Shankland after one good season. I certainly don't. I do rate him after showing some potential in his loan spell with us (11 starts, 7 goals according to Soccerbase), a good season last year where he looked leaner, sharper and more physical and a good start to this season where he is on 12 for the season already including 2 v Dundee, 3 in 2 v Partick, a hat trick v Morton and a goal and 2 assists yesterday. Compared to el Bakhtaoui's record that is night and day. I'm not saying el Bak won't come good but to claim that there's any similarity or that it's down to "one good season" is so far of the mark it's unreal.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 15:53

I can't be bothered trawling thro the utter garbage posted by all the experts on here in the summer but I would be surprised if I managed to find one post saying we should sign Shankland.

As usual they've all appeared to say I told you so. 3 weeks ago most of them also said we were title favourites - after one game. One.

The way some of you react to the team you claim to support losing a game is staggering and it does make me wonder how you cope with real life.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PAR57  
Date:   Tue 28 Aug 09:15

Just for the record.....when we had Shankland on trial last year, we played him out of position....on the wing !!!!!.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Boston Red Sox  
Date:   Tue 28 Aug 10:42

AJ doesn't do that does he?

Same rules apply
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: