DAFC.net
Home 20 October 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 3-5-2
Topic Originator: KilsythPar  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 13:45

Given that our current 3 central defenders are all decent but ordinary, I feel that we look more solid in a 3-5-2 system. Although last season we had a good defensive record with only 2 centre backs, that was because in Callum Morris we had in my opinion the best centre back in the league who had pace, power, good in the air and could read the game well. With the current incumbents, we need the security of that extra centre back. Yesterday reinforced my opinion on this as I thought Johnson changed the system too early in the game. Our lack of pace in central defence will be constantly exploited in a flat back 4.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: 3-5-2
Topic Originator: Toumba Libre  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 14:16

We were getting ruined at 352 yesterday. The pitch. Was heavy and Ryan/jacko were being forced back constantly. Changing it was correct imo but too many players were having a mare that it don’t really matter what we did. The three centre backs put in an embarrassing display and after the moff pulled ashcrofts pants down I was hoping Ryan was going to grab him, give him shake and shout at him like the the ross county game. Beadling cannot come back soon enough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 16:16

If Williamson plays at right back I think you have to play Higginbotham. That means one of the central midfielders is dropped or moved. At the moment I'd move Longridge into a number 10 type position with el Bak ahead of him. We've tried a few pairs up top and it hasn't worked. I know they've had an extra year but the movement and understanding between Moffat and Shankland yesterday was night and day from our two. Hopefully Beadling is back soon and it'll be interesting to see if Joe Thomson comes back in - I wasn't too impressed at Dens but he was superb in the second half at Tannadice. What I know for sure is that we need to get the three centre halves agreeing on who has responsibility for what/who and we need to get back into making proper challenges rather than just letting people walk through us or brush us off the ball.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 16:40

the 3 is the only option with what we have but they could as kelty suggests change whats in front of it, certainly got enough options in there.

my gut feeling right now is Johnston will go back to his 4132 next week despite that lack of pace in the centre halfs
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 16:52

We can’t play a flat back 4 as we don’t have a competent right back or a quality centre back with pace to cover, a good reading of the game and who can talk the Williamson through each game.

A back 4 with durnan and Williamson in it makes me shudder! At least aj wouldn’t be stupid enough to play them next to each other! And durnan would be dropped in a 4 surely!

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 17:00

Berkey .
Im starting to think Williamson stole something from you 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 17:03

Quote:

Rigger Al, Sun 26 Aug 17:00

Berkey .
Im starting to think Williamson stole something from you 😀

Nat's away so he needs someone to pick on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 17:03

Has Durnan taken over from Nat as Berkey's official scapegoat for the new season?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 18:02

If we don’t bring anyone in this week, has AJ ****** up another summer with signings by not replacing key players ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LesliePar  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 19:07

He's back😂😂 No internet last week berkey? Or just absolutely devastated that Ryan had a good game?😂😂

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 21:30

That must be it. Couldn't think of anything negative to say last week.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 22:22

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 27 Aug 08:15

It’s no secret I don’t think Williamson’s is anywhere good enough defensively. I think we all underestimated how much morris did to walk him through the games particularly against the better sides.

I hope wing back would be the making of him, this reduces his defensive responsibilities as he’s obv much better going forward.

Looking increasingly like we haven’t got the quality central defenders to play a 3-5-2.

Not sure where the pars go from here tho....

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: