DAFC.net
Home 19 November 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Michael Moffat
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Mon 27 Aug 15:08

Quote after Saturdays game :revenge was sweet: I wouldn’t say I left there on the best of terms.Makes you wander why we let him go 100 percent trier made openings for teammates ,thought it was the travelling he wanted back to the west.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Michael Moffat
Topic Originator: KilsythPar  
Date:   Mon 27 Aug 16:04

He left for two reasons. One, he didn't score enough goals and Two, his age.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Mon 27 Aug 16:52

Any player released when it wasn't their wish is going to feel that way no matter what club it is.
There is no easy way for the manager to say you're not wanted anymore when you've had camaraderie with your teammates for a few years.
I liked Moff and he offered much more than goals but yes he could have scored much more.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Mon 27 Aug 17:10

He left because he chose to.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Mon 27 Aug 17:53

Agree with the above. Maybe he was offered a deal but choose not to stay like many other players.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Mon 27 Aug 17:57

he chose an offer that was on the table and not wait any longer on one that might not come at all, not the only one that has done so since Johnston took over.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 27 Aug 18:07

That is right GJS. And if I remember correctly, he was kept waiting for a contract most of the previous summer too.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Mon 27 Aug 18:09

I noticed him having a chat with Faissal in the centre-circle after the game.

Moff was tapping his forehead and pointing to areas of the pitch. I can only speculate as to what he was saying - probably "what were you getting yourself booked for with that challenge?", but possibly he was offering his old striking partner some other advice.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Mon 27 Aug 22:30

What a difference it might have been with Moffat feeding Fas rather than opposing him.One of our managements worst ideas letting him go.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 27 Aug 22:53

He's gone... Let it go min 😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Mon 27 Aug 22:55

Whoah wait a minute.

Michael Moffat came to us with a 30 goal a season track record and in his three seasons with us had one decent season.

For Dunfermline his goal return was poor, very poor. The amount of easy chances he missed was beyond belief.

It was the right decision to move him on.

He's happy at Ayr, back home, allowing him to focus on his personal training business too, and probably prove a point that he was simply unable to do here.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRFC_no1  
Date:   Mon 27 Aug 23:57

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Tue 28 Aug 06:58

rossmcno1, the Ayr fans all accept he has returned to them a different player - he's no longer the 30 goals a season man but an all round forward who scores, provides, creates space for others, works hard and occupies the opposition. They think he's come back a better player and I'd agree. Pars fans were blinded by the fact that he didn't score 30 odd goals a season for us but many missed what he actually did for the team and el Bak in particular. I'm sure the Morrocan would have loved to have Moffat supplying him and it's no coincidence Shankland is enjoying the best form of his life playing alongside him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Boston Red Sox  
Date:   Tue 28 Aug 07:19

^^^^This

Same rules apply
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: chewie  
Date:   Tue 28 Aug 07:38

Anyone that bases Moffat's contribution at Dunfermline on his goals tally need some to give up football. While he missed a few sitters, his overall contribution more than made up for it. Virtually everything positive we did went through him. One of the best link up players I have seen, who dragged defenders all over the place. Ayrand Shankland now benefitting instead of us. Difference is they appreciate it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parforthecourse  
Date:   Tue 28 Aug 07:49

Moff was excellent and I wish he was still at EEP.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 28 Aug 08:39

Moffat was hounded on here for being p!sh just like was slated at games we were winning so wasnt as vocal as the Clark bashers. Probably the same people.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Taxipar  
Date:   Tue 28 Aug 09:13

The fact was Moff was always going back to Ayr his girlfriend at the time moved back down to Ayrshire 6months earlier and if we can’t fine another player like moff Fass will not score 8 or 10 goals this season and that’s fact.

A par since 1985
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dalgety_Par  
Date:   Tue 28 Aug 13:17

Quote:

Taxipar, Tue 28 Aug 09:13

The fact was Moff was always going back to Ayr his girlfriend at the time moved back down to Ayrshire 6months earlier and if we can’t fine another player like moff Fass will not score 8 or 10 goals this season and that’s fact.

Commas and full-stops. This post needs one or two.

It's common knowledge that Lionel Messi kept a photo of Hamish French by his bedside as inspiration every morning!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: