DAFC.net
Home 20 October 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Man U v Spurs
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 27 Aug 19:26

Looking forward to this, but fear it may turn out to be a damp squib, especially if United score first. Spurs record at OT is pitiful and Jose will have his team sit in if they go in front and that'll be that.

Apparently, Man U scored the first goal in 21 games last season and won the lot. Quite a stat.....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Man U v Spurs
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Mon 27 Aug 20:38

Spurs denied a pen there.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Aug 20:49

Decent game for a 0-0 so far.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Mon 27 Aug 20:54

Spurs maybe could have had a penalty even if it would have been soft United have mostly dominated the first half how Lukaku doesn't score i still don't know
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Mon 27 Aug 21:30

Long hard season for United. Mourinho gone before Christmas.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rmcallister-qh  
Date:   Mon 27 Aug 21:45

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Mon 27 Aug 21:49

Ed Woodward is the person to blame for this it was clear that this defence needed improving i can't fault Mourinho for any of this
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Mon 27 Aug 21:52

Pleasing watching united get gubbed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mcfc-par  
Date:   Mon 27 Aug 21:55

dafc-chris1 wrote:

> Ed Woodward is the person to blame for this it was clear that
> this defence needed improving i can't fault Mourinho for any of
> this

Remind me, who signed Bailly and Lindelof - weren't they supposed to improve the defence?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Aug 21:55

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Mon 27 Aug 21:49

Ed Woodward is the person to blame for this it was clear that this defence needed improving i can't fault Mourinho for any of this

Ed Woodward is definitely one of the major factors if not the most. Started to fall flat on it's face when he took over from Gill.

Mourinho hasn't helped matters with his whole demeanour, think he's just falling out of love with the sport as he was just as miserable in his second term with Chelsea.

Post Edited (Mon 27 Aug 21:55)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 27 Aug 22:14

Mourinho spent more than £75 million on Lindelof and Bailly so he isn't exempt from blame for their poor defence.£90 million on Lukaku,£90 million on Pogba-180 million that could've been spent much more wisely imo. I can see why the board are reluctant to give him more cash.A good manager works with the players he has and improves them. Mourinho doesn't seem to get the best out of players anymore. Sanchez has done nothing since he's gone there.Where has their well renowned youth system disappeared to? Their development squad got relegated last season. I reckon he might go very soon.

Pocchetino was the first manager in Premier League history to sign no players in a summer window and yet you hardly hear him complain.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Mon 27 Aug 22:21

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Mon 27 Aug 21:49

Shame they couldn't get an "Equaliser" 😂

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Aug 22:42

Quote:

parathletic, Mon 27 Aug 22:14

Mourinho spent more than £75 million on Lindelof and Bailly so he isn't exempt from blame for their poor defence.£90 million on Lukaku,£90 million on Pogba-180 million that could've been spent much more wisely imo. I can see why the board are reluctant to give him more cash.A good manager works with the players he has and improves them. Mourinho doesn't seem to get the best out of players anymore. Sanchez has done nothing since he's gone there.Where has their well renowned youth system disappeared to? Their development squad got relegated last season. I reckon he might go very soon.

Pocchetino was the first manager in Premier League history to sign no players in a summer window and yet you hardly hear him complain.

Woodward spent that money did he not? Don't think Mourinho has any major part in price of players really. He'll have gone to Woodward with the players he wants in order of preference and it's up to Woodward to get them, there will then be dialogue about how realistic getting all the signings in are and would likely dictate throwing more money at clubs.

In my humble opinion ofcourse :)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Tue 28 Aug 06:01

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Tue 28 Aug 06:44

I actually thought Utd played quite well for long spells last night. For me 3 players made the difference, Spurs 2 centre halfs and Kane. Put they 3 in the Utd team and they win quite comfortably last night.
To be 6 points behind liverpool, chelsea and Spurs already and 4 behind City is not acceptable though. I'm not sure Jose will survive this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Aug 07:00

I don't want to come across as a smart ass, but I did say when Jose was touting himself for the OT job like some desperate hooker, that I didn't think he was a good fit for Man U and that they'd missed out on two ideal managers in Pep and Klopp. Cue all the Man U apologists on here pouring scorn on my posts, that Pep and Klopp were pretty much useless and would get shown up as such. Yes, I can see that now............

Man U fans were spoiled under Fergie, so much so that many of them had forgotten the barren years which preceded his time at the club and others hadn't even been born. Mourinho may have won a lot of trophies in his managerial career, but his teams play a practical, often cynical game, where the accent is always on winning and to hell with entertainment. That's why he was shown the door at Madrid, even though he was quite successful. The fans want to see their team win, but with style and panache.....

As others have alluded above, Jose has now adopted a negative mindset. Whereas in his first spell at Chelsea, he was quirky and mischievous, he's now surly and bad tempered. Any failings by his team are never his fault. It's either the refs, the players, the club failing to bring in the right players and even the media with their pro-Liverpool bias. Really?

Last night's comprehensive mauling showed United are light years away from a title winning side and how far they've regressed since Fergie retired. How much longer can they afford to continue with a lame duck manager?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Aug 07:03

''I actually thought Utd played quite well for long spells last night. For me 3 players made the difference, Spurs 2 centre halfs and Kane. Put they 3 in the Utd team and they win quite comfortably last night.
To be 6 points behind liverpool, chelsea and Spurs already and 4 behind City is not acceptable though. I'm not sure Jose will survive this season.''

I wouldn't disagree with your post, DJ, but to lose 3-0 at home, to a side which is unlikely to be anywhere near the title, is unacceptable to every Man U fan.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Tue 28 Aug 07:59

Totally agree GG. I would classify myself a Utd fan and getting beat 3 nil is never acceptable. On last night alone though, I felt if Utd had the quality at centre half that Spurs do (yes, all Jose's fault) and the quality of Kane over Lukaku then Utd would've won quite comfortably.
What may save Jose this season, is the lack of options available to take over the managers position.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Tue 28 Aug 08:37

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Tue 28 Aug 16:14

If Lukaku had scored when he had that great chance to make it 1-0 it might have been different result. For much of the first half thought Utd dominated. A much better second half performance from Spurs, some sloppy defending from United and good finishing saw them win 3-0. While he apparently was injured Evans didn't have a great game and Herrera in back 3 probably didn't help. Mourinho was fine in his post match interview and generally pleased with the effort from his players. Wonder what happened between that interview and the subsequent press conference where he was back to being surly and had a meltdown demanding respect before walking away! How can he motivate his players to perform by berating some of them individually every week, and being so negative and surly?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Tue 28 Aug 17:21

Long may the decline continue .

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Tue 28 Aug 17:35

I concur wi him ^^^^😂

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Aug 17:58

Quote:

widtink, Tue 28 Aug 17:35

I concur wi him ^^^^😂

Boys, boys, has no one ever told you it's not very Christian to gloat at the misfortunes of others ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Aug 18:06

Nope 😂
I love to see them suffer.
It's fantastic.
I'm pretty sure by the end of the season they will be there or there about... This is just a blip... Let me enjoy it while I can.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Tue 28 Aug 19:30

Quote:

GG Riva, Tue 28 Aug 17:58

Quote:

widtink, Tue 28 Aug 17:35

I concur wi him ^^^^😂

Boys, boys, has no one ever told you it's not very Christian to gloat at the misfortunes of others ?

I've had to put up with the jibes for years now. Payback time is worth it. :)

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Aug 19:45

^^^^^
I concur.... Again 😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 28 Aug 19:53

I used to love watching Man U play Their if you score 3 we will score 4 approach was great to watch But sadly this man Jose is a megalomaniac He has destroyed individual players confidence and when asked a pertinent question about the latest defeat he answers by telling everyone what he has achieved... I think his team selection against Spurs especially the way he lined up the defence was a told you so to Woodward
I also thought applauding the Man U supporters strange in that he is nearly always down the tunnel with a minute or so to go ....A sign maybe that he is on his way out but think he will drag the club down with him
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Aug 20:39

Quote:

Buspasspar, Tue 28 Aug 19:53

I used to love watching Man U play Their if you score 3 we will score 4 approach was great to watch But sadly this man Jose is a megalomaniac He has destroyed individual players confidence and when asked a pertinent question about the latest defeat he answers by telling everyone what he has achieved... I think his team selection against Spurs especially the way he lined up the defence was a told you so to Woodward
I also thought applauding the Man U supporters strange in that he is nearly always down the tunnel with a minute or so to go ....A sign maybe that he is on his way out but think he will drag the club down with him

Jose demands respect - what's that all about? You'd think he's old enough to realise that respect has to be earned. The way he treated Luke Shaw, for example, suggests that there's plenty of scope for improvement in his man management skills. Are the players knocking their pan in for him? I seriously doubt it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 28 Aug 20:55

Correct GG he has lost it .....It is every ones fault except him
As an aside Were you in North Berwick last week ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 29 Aug 07:17

To be fair, I thought Luke Shaw was their best defender on the night and played well.
He looks leaner than he has done and I'm sure he has said that Mourinho's tough love made him knuckle down to be the best he could be?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 29 Aug 07:30

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Wed 29 Aug 07:17

To be fair, I thought Luke Shaw was their best defender on the night and played well.
He looks leaner than he has done and I'm sure he has said that Mourinho's tough love made him knuckle down to be the best he could be?

I'm all for tough love if it's going to benefit the recipient, but I draw the line at public humiliation. Why could Jose not have laid into Shaw privately, instead of broadcasting it to the nation. "He doesn't know where to stand on the pitch. He looks at me and I have to tell him."

Really? An England international who cost Man U, what? £27m?

Buspass, it wisnae me. It wiz him tae. Don't tell me there are two ruggedly good looking versions of me in God's ain country?

Eta. I see Jose is 8/11 fav. to be the 1st EPL manager to be sacked this season. I don't think he will be but either the bookies know something we don't, or a lot of folk are putting money on it.

Post Edited (Wed 29 Aug 07:54)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: