DAFC.net
Home 16 November 2018 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 No idea
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 1 Sep 23:19

What was the plan today?

541 first half with Thomson at left midfield (I thought he had a good game in terms of drive and effort but he’s not a wide player)

Fais up front on his own against big defenders. Constantly punting the ball forward to him, even if he did win it, there is no one around for the flick on

AJ seems stuck on playing this 3-5-2, well if I was any of our back 5, I don’t need to worry about having a bad game as there is no competition for the places. Ashcroft, Durnan, Devine can be as hopeless as they want, they will get a game next week.

Second half after we lost a couple of goals he brings higgy on for Williamson and Ashcroft doesn’t seem to know where to go. No right sided defender on the pitch and then Caley have free rein of that side.

Connolly comes on and runs around in the middle looking lost

I wonder what they do all weekend in training as no one seems to know what they are doing or where they are playing.

The last part of last season, we were solid playing a 442 diamond midfield with the wide players coming in. We have the players now who would be more suited to this, why is AJ trying to play systems that he has no idea how to execute.

Ill admit though this thread is as much all over the place as the team today 🙈
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: No idea
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Sat 1 Sep 23:48

Quote:

nick_dafc1, Sat 1 Sep 23:19

What was the plan today?

541 first half with Thomson at left midfield (I thought he had a good game in terms of drive and effort but he’s not a wide player)

Fais up front on his own against big defenders. Constantly punting the ball forward to him, even if he did win it, there is no one around for the flick on

AJ seems stuck on playing this 3-5-2, well if I was any of our back 5, I don’t need to worry about having a bad game as there is no competition for the places. Ashcroft, Durnan, Devine can be as hopeless as they want, they will get a game next week.

Second half after we lost a couple of goals he brings higgy on for Williamson and Ashcroft doesn’t seem to know where to go. No right sided defender on the pitch and then Caley have free rein of that side.

Connolly comes on and runs around in the middle looking lost

I wonder what they do all weekend in training as no one seems to know what they are doing or where they are playing.

The last part of last season, we were solid playing a 442 diamond midfield with the wide players coming in. We have the players now who would be more suited to this, why is AJ trying to play systems that he has no idea how to execute.

Ill admit though this thread is as much all over the place as the team today 🙈

Don't think they train just at the weekend
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 09:00

Can't believe we are back to the desperate lumping high balls up to a small forward with little support, with no obvious advice to stop that coming from the sidelines.

We seem resort to that frequently which indicates a shortage of ideas, leadership, or ability to communicate.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 10:16

Every team does that when theyre low on confidence. Inverness did it regularly in the first half

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 10:23

Quite a lot of balls were played to Faiss on the ground but he lost possession as often as not. I'm sure punting it long isn't a 'tactic'. It's what players tend to do when they are under pressure.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 10:42

Still doesn't make it any good though.

Should only be used when chasing a game in the last ten minutes or so imo.

I've seen it so often from the Pars in last two seasons, almost from the kickoff, that I can only assume it's done to instruction.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 10:53

I didn't say it was any good. I was saying it's what players tend to do under pressure, not as a tactic. One good thing about Nat, despite his lack of mobility, was his ability to find a team mate even when under severe pressure. He seldom punted it long.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 10:55

That is true about Nat.

We look like a bunch of panic merchants now, instead of using the loaf.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 11:34

That is why I regret the fact that Nat was allowed to go.

It was galling to watch that shambles yesterday knowing what Nat could offer.

On another thread parathetic bemoans the lack of players running themselves into the ground and playing for the jersey.Yet we had Super Joe as we ran riot 5-1 v Inverness a year ago.

We have frail defenders(everyone agrees) yet big Jean was discarded.

Yes things will get better,Faissal will come into his own once Robbie is fully fit, and Tom Beadling will transform the midfield.

AJ will know he has to revert to Higgy and James Craigen and our successful 442 diamond formation.

He can experiment next Saturday to his heart's content.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WheelKing99  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 23:33

I preferred Nat to Vincent. Vincent is like a man down at times. He's obviously more mobile but he's not a great tackler or a competent passer. He doesn't even really get stuck in.

Form is temporary, Class is permanent
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dalgety_Par  
Date:   Mon 3 Sep 08:04

Vincent seems to be the managers favourite right now. He does a lot of running, but this often leads to massive gaps where he should actually be. Craigen should be playing instead of him, every week. Allan Johnstons "Mr Invincible" by the look of things

It's common knowledge that Lionel Messi kept a photo of Hamish French by his bedside as inspiration every morning!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JohnnyW  
Date:   Mon 3 Sep 08:27

I have a feeling we won’t be seeing Beadling anytime soon, came in played a game hasn’t been seen since and then we go and sign Martin in an area we’re already well stocked....

------------------------------------------------------------
Best tweet ever:

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 3 Sep 08:49

I was thinking the same thing, Johnny. It could be a long-term injury, which would be a great shame for the lad.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: