DAFC.net
Home 16 November 2018 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Partick v Morton no goal decision
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 06:17

The linesman should be sacked on Monday morning it just doesn’t get any worse than this.

https://twitter.com/partickthistle/status/1036025973798588417?s=21
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Partick v Morton no goal decision
Topic Originator: JnrB  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 07:54

As should the ref.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 07:55

That’s absolutely ridiculous. It hits the back of the net for goodness sake. Linesman never raised his flag, Morton players went to go to restart and jags were celebrating. Throw in? Aye the towel mate.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hummingbird Harry  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 07:56

Probably the most bizarre decision Iv ever seen anyway
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 08:11

The linesman did raise his flag, after running back from the corner flag - no idea for what offence.

Why the goal was disallowed, and why play was restarted with a throw in is baffling.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 08:17

I remember the same thing happening about 20 years ago. I'm sure it was at firhill as well. The ball was in, a defender even picked it up. No goal and not even a penalty was given 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 08:26

Quote:

allparone, Sun 2 Sep 08:17

I remember the same thing happening about 20 years ago. I'm sure it was at firhill as well. The ball was in, a defender even picked it up. No goal and not even a penalty was given 😂

Well remembered, allparone. Partick v Dundee United. The visitors scored with a rasping shot which hit the stanchion supporting the net and flew back out. The ref waved play on, ignoring United celebrations, thinking the ball had come back off the post. As a result of this, the stanchion were modified so that they are now no longer attached to the ground.

As for yesterday's incident, was play brought back to the point where the assistant deemed the ball to have been out of play, earlier in the game, but if so, why didn't he put his flag up earlier, or did he and it went unseen by the ref? Either way, it's a total cockup.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 08:36

I reckon the assistant was flagging a throw in for what happened after the goal (i.e. he thought the ball was still in play). The ref probably thought he was referring to something that happened before the goal and so disallowed it.

If the stupid players hadn't crowded them when they were talking about then they might have realised what had happened.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 08:39

I couldn't remember who benifitted. If it was Partick then that's just the football gods evening things out surely?

Was it Les Mottram who was referree that day?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 08:52

I think it was a Dundee Utd 'goal' so it does indeed even things out. Or maybe the assistant was a kid in the Utd end that day and has waited 25 years for his revenge. Or maybe Les Mottram is a cyborg who will soon be sent back in time to even things out
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steviethepar  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 09:03

No idea how they didn’t see that fact even Morton players reacted to a goal

Also Morton player boots the ball away out of play it was thistle’s throw in and they didn’t get that right
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 09:47

sometimes an official's decision or performance sticks in your head so when he appears again you remember him or her better....the linesman involved is one of those for me after a reserve game 2 years ago funnily enough against Partick, giving an offside decision against Cardle after he knocked the ball past the full back and ran on to it himself with no player offside before or after he got the ball.

that was bad but that yesterday and you got to include the referee as well is a totally different level to that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 09:51

Note that the linesman is totally bald, explains the whole thing!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: chewie  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 10:02

It's clear the linesman didn't see it go in and is giving a throw in from when Morton booted it out after the goal.

Same top corner of the same end of the Utd one years ago.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: average white par  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 10:16

Mind the one when we got cuffed by Hibs some years ago under JJ ? Their 4th "goal" beat Chris Smith, came back off the bar and bounced down about 6 feet away from the goal... Goal given... that Partick one in the OP is just bizarre though...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 10:21

Quote:

chewie, Sun 2 Sep 10:02

It's clear the linesman didn't see it go in and is giving a throw in from when Morton booted it out after the goal.

What ended up happening? The ref signalled for a throw in but the video doesn't show what actually happened. Was a throw in taken or was it a free kick?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 10:26

Help ma boab, that's the worst decision I've seen in years. Totally incredible that a throw in was given.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 11:18

Ref: OP hot link

Thanks for that Westies. Reading that Jags thread and watching the vids was very entertaining, a good antidote tae the Pars blues. There IS another world out there!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 11:46

"Well remembered, allparone. Partick v Dundee United. The visitors scored with a rasping shot which hit the stanchion supporting the net and flew back out. The ref waved play on, ignoring United celebrations, thinking the ball had come back off the post. As a result of this, the stanchion were modified so that they are now no longer attached to the ground."

There's more to this than just that GG - Thistle's Martin Clark caught the ball and hand it to keeper Andy Murdoch who played on.

Fast forward to 1:17 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKuLtLXl7FI

Why is Jim McLean running over to the senior cop and giving him verbals ? Maybe he wanted the officials arrested !!!

BTW - congrats on winning the 50/50 third (?) place - a nice little earner.

Now you are able to pay the club back for sneaking into that Celtic game 50 years ago !!!

Post Edited (Sun 02 Sep 11:48)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 11:55

"The ref probably thought he was referring to something that happened before the goal and so disallowed it."

The "goal" came from a corner on the side opposite of the park from where the throw in was taken - and the linesman was in the correct position for that kick.

It doesn't add up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 12:20

Quote:

chewie, Sun 02 Sep 10:02

But they also gave the throw to Morton, after the Morton player booted it out.

Complete shambles. It’s not even like it was debatable whether the ball crossed the line or not. No excuse for the linesman missing that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 12:31

Quote:

allparone, Sun 2 Sep 08:17

Was Paddy Connolly if i remember correctly (Aidan Connolly's dad). That makes me feel old!

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 12:45

Wow. Just wow
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndBoy  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 13:12

Quote:

chewie, Sun 2 Sep 10:02

Thats exactly what happened. You can see him signalling for a Partick throw as the camera pans around.

You could just about accept that mistake but for the ref to then forget that the a goal was scored is really quite astonishing.

...ken?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 13:46

Presumably the linesman managed to convince the ref the ball hadn't crossed the line!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 13:49

Incredible
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 15:29

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sun 2 Sep 11:46

"Well remembered, allparone. Partick v Dundee United. The visitors scored with a rasping shot which hit the stanchion supporting the net and flew back out. The ref waved play on, ignoring United celebrations, thinking the ball had come back off the post. As a result of this, the stanchion were modified so that they are now no longer attached to the ground."

There's more to this than just that GG - Thistle's Martin Clark caught the ball and hand it to keeper Andy Murdoch who played on.

Fast forward to 1:17 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKuLtLXl7FI

Why is Jim McLean running over to the senior cop and giving him verbals ? Maybe he wanted the officials arrested !!!

BTW - congrats on winning the 50/50 third (?) place - a nice little earner.

Now you are able to pay the club back for sneaking into that Celtic game 50 years ago !!!

Aye, I'd forgotten that bit, VEE. Jolly Jim should have lamped the cop and then the ref. Imagine the notoriety he'd have achieved....... Oh wait a minute.

My brother said he'd heard my name announced at half time. Dunno the sum involved but it must be for Lifeline and very welcome too, the last time I won anything was £50 when Jimmy Calderwood was manager. It won't be enough to settle my 50 year old debt. £2k you calculated, wasn't it?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 15:29

Looking at it again, I have no idea what is going on.
The ref doesn't react at all after the goal and it is almost like he is waiting for the assistant to flag for something. Weird.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 15:32

"But they also gave the throw to Morton, after the Morton player booted it out. "

The linesman gave a throw in to Partick. There is a Morton player near the ball towards the end of the video but he ends up underarm throwing it up the line for a Partick player to gather and take the throw in.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 15:40

Quote:

kelty_par, Sun 2 Sep 15:32

"But they also gave the throw to Morton, after the Morton player booted it out. "

The linesman gave a throw in to Partick. There is a Morton player near the ball towards the end of the video but he ends up underarm throwing it up the line for a Partick player to gather and take the throw in.

That clears that bit up at least. The video doesn't show as far as that. It would be interesting to see the views that the two officials had. They cannot have been able to see, in which case they cannot award the goal. It wouldn't have happened with the old pegged down nets lol.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 18:10

"The ref doesn't react at all after the goal and it is almost like he is waiting for the assistant to flag for something. Weird"

Are the officials mic'd up at this level for direct comms ?

Looking at the referee's stance as he moves away from the goal area it appears has had a message from the linesman who parks himself in line with the penalty spot and raises his flag.

No offence is evident - and restarting the game with a throw in (regardless of which team takes it) is absolutely the wrong decision.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 18:18

yes they are mic'd up, even at reserve level.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 3 Sep 14:22

Hopefully this will be viewed all over the world so that they can see just how crap our officials are.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Tue 4 Sep 17:12

When you watch the link on the BBC website it runs for longer to the point where the games restarts with a throw into Thistle.
It gets more and more bizarre each time you watch it.
I trust the SFA have called this pair into explain what was going through their minds and why the ref made such a seemingly crazy decision.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Tue 4 Sep 19:28

Scottish match officials in c*ck-up shock!

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Tue 4 Sep 22:18

After the ball comes out of the net, a Morton player boots the ball out. Can only assume the linesman thought it hit the bar then cleared, but surely the ref saw the ball hit the net.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: