DAFC.net
Home 25 September 2018 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Highlights + AJ + Devine Inverness CT
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 09:01

https://dafc.co.uk/fixture.php?SID=First%20Team&D=2018-09-01&ID=1116&h=1

Match highlights up now
AJ to follow at 11am.

2mx: http://2mx.co.uk

Post Edited (Sun 02 Sep 11:15)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Highlights Inverness CT
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 10:41

Higgy did ok from the highlights. Something that I have seen us do often and annoys me intensely , our kick off and 5 seconds later the ball is with ICT. Ball retention is awful. Who said that possession of the ball is all important and it must be guarded carefully- Stein or one of the greats.

Where was the marking for the second ,we had three defenders near the scorer but no one actually close enough.

The third is just ridiculous.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 10:51

Losing headers in the 6 yards box - this was worse than I thought, and last week was awful when it comes to defending
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 11:01

We had 54% of the possession, of the 14 shots we had only 3 Were on target. Strikers need to do better than that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 11:11

The strikers get hardly any decent service to score goals.

Most of the off target shots yesterday were from the midfielders outside the box
[IP address logged]
 Re: Highlights + AJ + Devine Inverness CT
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 11:17

AJ up now and Danny Devine at 1pm

2mx: http://2mx.co.uk
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kingseat par  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 11:34

Complete bodyswerve from AJ when questioned about the lack of defensive cover.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 12:35

Those goals are harder to watch. 1st goal Robinson just needs to catch the shot then the cross looked a foul but another free header. The 3rd goal is shocking but by that time the game is finished. Please AJ 4 at the back on Saturday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 14:27

Not a word from AJ about poor tactics.

It was all individual errors in his view.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 17:31

Inverness version, camera behind the goal as well for a different view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QegqweydwiI
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bournetobeapar  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 18:05

Wetherby, I think it was Brian Clough who reckoned possession of the ball was important, stops the opposition scoring.

Never steal; the govermnent hates competition
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 18:19

The defender looks even worse than I thought seeing it again. This is just tragic.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 19:16

Which defender?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 20:39

These interviews are just cringeworthy. I’m not saying he should be grilled mercilessly or anything but at least put some sensible questions to him, like the 3-5-2 formation, or the fact that we’ve conceded so many goals.

Im not saying that Pars TV should give him a hard time but at least try to get some answers to what everyone is asking.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 22:39

To be fair dd23, the guys at Pars TV are just volunteers and fans doing the interviews with the manager and players, where they already have a bit of a relationship with. Grilling them half an hour after the game where not only are the players hurting, so are the interviewers and cameramen! We also don’t know what the club has briefed the Pars tv guys on what they can and can’t ask....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 22:42

All a bit cosmetic then, just to hear some feeble responses, covering over big deficiencies.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 23:01

dd23 and mach1, why don't you volunteer to do the post-match interviews?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafcburty  
Date:   Mon 3 Sep 01:16

Quote:

rossmcno1, Sun 2 Sep 22:39

To be fair dd23, the guys at Pars TV are just volunteers and fans doing the interviews with the manager and players, where they already have a bit of a relationship with. Grilling them half an hour after the game where not only are the players hurting, so are the interviewers and cameramen! We also don’t know what the club has briefed the Pars tv guys on what they can and can’t ask....

I can assure everyone that the club isn't telling ParsTV to ask anything specific or not speak about certain subjects.

As has been said, questions need to be asked that the fans want to hear - and that we feel are relevant to be asked, too, especially when results and performances are poor: at the end of the day, we would rather be bringing positive news and promoting the Pars' on-park heroics. At the same time, we have to weigh up our emotions and not overstep the mark with our questions - it isn't just a case of letting rip because you are annoyed at the result and / or performance and hoping the interviewee takes it in their stride... We aren't the BBC or Sky or BT or The Sun etc etc; it matters to us, as Ross has rightly said above, who we speak to and how. We have a lot of young guys in our team and a lot of new signings as well. If you dent their confidence more by quizzing them intently only minutes after the FT whistle, it ain't gonna help the situation tbh, IMO at least.

While grilling the manager and players may be seen as the easy option, and I'm not saying hard questions or topics should be avoided, it may not be the time and the place. ParsTV has a strong working relationship with the manager and the players and we want to continue that togetherness where everyone feels involved. The guys are happy to give us 5 minutes of their time after a game - even after a defeat and they're down in the dumps - as there's a mutual respect that we ain't gonna stand there and publicly vilify them and embarrass them on camera. By all means, ask their thoughts on what's wrong and how to improve and things like that but we can't destroy the good working relationships we have, or, when results and performances do turn, they'll be less willing to be involved and help out in the future.

Sorry for rambling on but I'm just trying to provide a wee insight into what guys like myself have to consider before we press record and speak into the mic. We must remain level-headed and calm, but also passionate and speaking as far as we can on behalf of the fans.

The other thing I would say is, we can ask as much as we like but we can't determine the answers in which we are provided to us. Dave asked Lee Ashcroft after the game vs Ross County for example about trying to encourage the lads on after we conceded the goals (as his frustrations were seen by all, particularly to Ryan Williamson after the second goal) and he gave us an explanation on why he did this and how he hoped it'd help etc. Whereas, when AJ was asked yesterday about the defensive cover within the squad, his answer was more generic: we can't really go asking the same question again or they'll get a bit disillusioned. These guys are under immense pressure and sometimes if you take an approach where you respect their feelings and try to be as constructive as possible then they'll be more willing to open up and chat. Some guys say more than others - but I don't feel that'd be because the interviewer was good, bad or indifferent. Maybe I'm biased but I don't feel we can do much more than at present. We must ensure we keep professional while also trying to provide the product the customers (fans) want. If you listen to the press interview on COWS, I doubt you'll hear many differing questions or answers by AJ, e.g.

I appreciate this may come across as really defensive and in a way it is. What I'd say though is that we are open to constructive criticism and feedback and if you feel ParsTV needs to try ask different questions or whatever then let us know and we can try doing that within the limitations we have. It isn't easy standing in front of a person you respect and asking them to explain themselves to the world and how they got things wrong and how much pressure they are under etc. The lads aren't daft, they know when fans aren't happy; they know if they've had a bad game or made a horrendous mistake. Sometimes it is best sticking to the positive and /or being as contractive as possible, and then letting everyone move on. Hopefully we can all do that, starting on Saturday!

https://jordanburtfootball.com
bringing you up-to-date Interviews, Match Reports and much more!

Post Edited (Mon 03 Sep 01:27)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 3 Sep 02:04

Thanks for that explanation Burty. I well understand the restrictions you are working under. Whether those restrictions are defined or not, they certainly exist for Pars TV in a way that they don't for MSM. You have to face these guys week-in-week-out, so obviously, there is nothing to gain from getting too shirty with the manager or a particular player. It could well rebound.

The main problem is AJ himself. He is not a particularly animated or articulate human being; he is no John Robertson or John Hughes or Jim Duffy, so I doubt you will ever manage to extract more than the regular well-worn platitudes.

And that's a shame because it just adds to the fans' frustration at times like these, but like it or not, that is the way it is.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Sep 08:21

To respond to wee eck above, I have no desire to be an interviewer and in response to above, I think the team who put together the coverage do a good job.

Our Manager's sanguine or non-committal at times, interview responses are what I find frustrating. Personally, I'd like to believe that he is passionately angry after such shoddy performances,

But I suppose I need to learn on this forum that just about any criticism is taken almost personally by some of the members.

Footnote: sanguine probably the wrong word used by me there. Another reason for me not doing interviews. Vocabulary and word definitions are important.

Post Edited (Mon 03 Sep 08:25)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Sep 09:42

Burty, that was an informative, articulate insight into the club interviewer's job.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Sep 14:03

Quote:

OzPar, Mon 3 Sep 02:04

Thanks for that explanation Burty. I well understand the restrictions you are working under. Whether those restrictions are defined or not, they certainly exist for Pars TV in a way that they don't for MSM. You have to face these guys week-in-week-out, so obviously, there is nothing to gain from getting too shirty with the manager or a particular player. It could well rebound.

The main problem is AJ himself. He is not a particularly animated or articulate human being; he is no John Robertson or John Hughes or Jim Duffy, so I doubt you will ever manage to extract more than the regular well-worn platitudes.

And that's a shame because it just adds to the fans' frustration at times like these, but like it or not, that is the way it is.

You're right OzPar. When I first began post-match interviews for ParsTV, it was easy as we had JJ as manager and he'd analyse the 90 minutes in one question so it was great. Whereas, AJ maybe keeps things more reserved and in-house which is fair enough, I respect that - at the same time, we have a duty to provide post-match interviews and Allan respects that too. As I said, it can be a two-way street if you are mutually understanding of each others position.

Another thing is, for the match-day programme; I can interview someone for the 4-page spread and ask them 10 questions and get 1,000 words out of them.... I could ask similar questions to another member of the squad and only get 100. Everyone is different - some are confident, some are shy. Some embrace being quizzed and talking about their careers while some would rather stay out of the limelight and keep their head down. As an interviewer you have to ask the questions which you feel are relevant but you can't force the answer you want: you can maybe word the question in a way that leads them down a certain path, but, again, it comes down to trust where you don't want them to say anything controversial which hampers the harmony within the squad, comes across in the wrong way and makes them look silly or whatever, while also in the knowledge you can't paddle round the outskirts of some topics so have to try word the questions in a way which sounds constructive rather than just coming out and saying "the 3-5-2 is rubbish, eh?" or "player x had a shocker today, didn't he?"... maybe along the lines of "you stuck with the 3-5-2 formation today, did you feel it worked?" or "player x was brought off today, was that tactical?" - it gives the manager or the player the opportunity to discuss, analyse and explain their feelings and thoughts without throwing them under the bus.

If you worked for the MSM, you'd probably not consider all of these factors and that is where it differs at ParsTV. As I said, we are happy to take any constructive criticism and feedback on board so please keep it coming; while I'm trying to explain the situation and our boundaries here, that doesn't mean we haven't acknowledged what has been said and we have dismissed it, as that isn't the case.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 3 Sep 14:28

Burty, I think you and the rest of the team do a great job and I agree, you have to be clever with your questions, especially after a defeat. If you give them a grilling, they may not give an interview next time ? I’m pretty sure they are not contractually obliged to do so?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Sep 14:50

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Mon 3 Sep 14:28

Burty, I think you and the rest of the team do a great job and I agree, you have to be clever with your questions, especially after a defeat. If you give them a grilling, they may not give an interview next time ? I’m pretty sure they are not contractually obliged to do so?

I'm not sure if they're contextually obliged to or not, but, either way, like I said, it is a 2-way street: you help them, they'll help you. When the going gets tough, stick behind them. When the good times come, they'll never shut up! That's the hope at least!! 😂🙈👀

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Thu 6 Sep 14:01

Thanks Burty. You guys do a great job that is appreciated by many especially those of us 10,000 km away.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: