DAFC.net
Home 16 November 2018 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Big bubble bursting down Wembley way
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 8 Sep 20:32

Sack the manager? The great England team are staring at 3 defeats in a row, which hasn't happened for 30 years. That's media hype for you.

Post Edited (Sat 08 Sep 21:03)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Big bubble bursting down Wembley way
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 8 Sep 21:47

A very watchable game - England played their part but Spain had too much class for them.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sat 8 Sep 22:55

I was there, and agree with GG, technically Spain were miles ahead. You probably got a better view than me, but was it a foul on the Spanish keeper for the disallowed goal? And how badly injured is the England player who got a head knock?

Support Pars United (costs you nothing) when you shop online with 3100 retailers and insurance firms etc, including Argos, Amazon, John Lewis, Tesco, LV=, O2 etc.
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/parsalive
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 8 Sep 23:52

https://youtu.be/RKtuwZZuUOY

Personally I thought De Gea made a hash of it but you do see free kicks given for contact on keepers all the time so the decision maybe isn't out of step with modern refereeing.

I wouldn't want refs to give fouls when a keeper comes out and tries to go over players then drops it unless they've been deliberately obstructed but it seems to be the way these days.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Sep 23:53

Luke Shaw has posted he's doing fine as well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: millwallpar  
Date:   Sun 9 Sep 00:11

No the referee was right. It was in the goalkeepers hands and was headed out of them, that is a clear foul.

Dunfermline by birth, Millwall by adoption
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Sep 00:24

Wasn't headed out of his hand at all. Welbeck ducked out the challenge and De Gea came over the top and dropped it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sun 9 Sep 01:30

Have to confess that I thought the ref was very bad. The free kick and booking of Stones was obviously wrong and the disallowed goal at the end should have been given De Gea just made a pigs ear of it and dropped the ball.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: