DAFC.net
Home 16 November 2018 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Chairmans Statement
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Mon 10 Sep 07:47

The Chairman made a few important points in his statement. The trip to Boreham Wood may have cost tbe club financially but I would agree it is great for the supporters. I am sure many will have great memories of the trip. I also think that the benefit extends to players having the opportunity to get to know each other personally after only spending a short time together. There is also the opportunity to gauge the team against different opposition with different styles of play and physical presence. It may not be an important cup but it is an important learning experience with a bit of adventure thrown in. For small clubs like ours there is the opportunity to win trophies regardless of what they are. That small measure of success breeds pride in the club, generates interest and new support and long lasting memories for the management, players and supporters. It is just reward for supporters who pay their money every week, and management and staff for their daily efforts keeping the club going.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chairmans Statement
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Mon 10 Sep 09:15

I agree with the team building exercise and the away trip would have been a fantastic outing for the fans ( I was in London too, but couldn't go to the game)
What really rips my knitting is clubs losing money while the tournament sponsors are making millions in profits.
IMO, sponsors should be ensuring that clubs don't lose money to play in their tournaments. I'm not saying that clubs should make a profit out of every game, but they shouldn't lose money to help advertise for sponsors. I'd go one step further and say that sponsors should organise travel and accommodation for teams playing in their tournaments too.

I know some will say that it'll balance itself out as teams progress, but revenue would have been lost if we had been knocked out at the weekend.

Joab done though, so here's hoping we get a money spinning home game in the next round.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: