DAFC.net
Home 16 November 2018 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Steve Clarke - Saint or Sinner?
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 13 Sep 18:40

Steve Clarke may not be the most jovial Scottish manager ever, but it's difficult not to feel some sympathy for him after the SFA charged him with bringing the game into disrepute for voicing his opinion publicly, in what is basically an attempt to gag him and others in the game:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45497797

Even the Daily Record has come out in support of the Killie manager:-

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/its-one-rule-steven-gerrard-13238159

If anyone is bringing the game into disrepute, it's the SFA themselves, with their ''one law for the rich and another for the poor'' approach.

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Thu 13 Sep 18:44)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Steve Clarke - Saint or Sinner?
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 13 Sep 18:52

As much as I don't like Craig Levein but did he not have something similar back in the day and took the SFA to court and had a ban over turned by the Court of Session?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars no1  
Date:   Thu 13 Sep 19:08

Similar to Rafa Benitez facts rant a few years ago.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 13 Sep 20:28

The SFA have dug a hole for themselves big time here.
Steven Gerrard should have been hauled up for his comments about being historically hard done by from referees.
He wasn't.
Steven Gerrard publicly admitted McGregor deliberately kicked an opponent.
No action taken.
Yet again, Rangers. Morelos red card overturned to a yellow.

Then we have Killie and Aberdeen with clear evidence of harsh red cards.

Not overturned and at least one manager (till now) facing a fine and possible ban for telling the truth.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Thu 13 Sep 20:31

Red card wasn’t overturned. Right or wrong decision. Who knows. But he brought the game is to disprepute. Should get punishment. Simple
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 13 Sep 20:42

Quote:

1981par, Thu 13 Sep 20:31

Red card wasn’t overturned. Right or wrong decision. Who knows. But he brought the game is to disprepute. Should get punishment. Simple

No its not simple as Rangers manager was not brought up for similar bringing the reputation of referees into disrepute.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Thu 13 Sep 21:09

Clarke had a go at the Panel saying they threw out his challenge as Collum had the old firm match, so he was saying the independent Panel are cheating. He deserves whatever punishment comes his way.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 13 Sep 21:21

''Clarke had a go at the Panel saying they threw out his challenge as Collum had the old firm match, so he was saying the independent Panel are cheating. He deserves whatever punishment comes his way.''

I can't argue with the first sentence of your post, dafc, but your conclusion could be called into question because the SFA do not appear to be treating all cases in an even handed manner.

When the Daily Record calls them out over their three wise monkeys approach to Stevie Gerrard's rant, you have to think something is far wrong. Was Gerrard not questioning the integrity and competence of referees? He also implied that this anti-Rangers stance has been around for years.

Funnily enough, many fans of every other Scottish club are convinced that there's a pro-Rangers bias in the Scottish footballing establishment............

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theweepar  
Date:   Thu 13 Sep 21:23

Quote:

dafc, Thu 13 Sep 21:09

Clarke had a go at the Panel saying they threw out his challenge as Collum had the old firm match, so he was saying the independent Panel are cheating. He deserves whatever punishment comes his way.

He deserves nothing. He's voiced an opinion ( and a correct one at that)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 13 Sep 21:47

''Red card wasn’t overturned. Right or wrong decision. Who knows. But he brought the game is to disprepute. Should get punishment. Simple''

It's not quite as simple as you would have us believe though, 1981. Clubs are not allowed to attend their own appeal hearings to put their case forward and the identity of the three man (woman?) panel remains secret. Wtf? Are they all masons?

Steve Clarke is not the only manager who's hacked off at this. Derek McInnes was similarly seething about this earlier this week.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 01:11

I assume the identity of the panel members is kept in confidence because of the bampots who live in the goldfish bowl of Scottish football, and who would make the lives of the panel members hell if they found out who they were.

Remember McCoist tried to whip up a frenzy a few years ago because the SFA panel members identities were not revealed.
"“Who are these people? I want to know who these people are. I’m a Rangers supporter and the Rangers supporters and the Scottish public deserve to know who these people are, people who are working for the SFA."

Support Pars United (costs you nothing) when you shop online with 3100 retailers and insurance firms etc, including Argos, Amazon, John Lewis, Tesco, LV=, O2 etc.
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/parsalive
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 06:00

''I assume the identity of the panel members is kept in confidence because of the bampots who live in the goldfish bowl of Scottish football, and who would make the lives of the panel members hell if they found out who they were.

Remember McCoist tried to whip up a frenzy a few years ago because the SFA panel members identities were not revealed.
"“Who are these people? I want to know who these people are. I’m a Rangers supporter and the Rangers supporters and the Scottish public deserve to know who these people are, people who are working for the SFA."

Indeed. The same thought occurred to me, Stanza. I recall the former Raith chairman, Turnbull Hutton RIP, received death threats within hours of McCoist's tirade. I wonder how his private contact details suddenly became public knowledge and plastered all over social media?

Remind me, was Superally ever charged with bringing the game into disrepute and if not, why not?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 07:08

SFA keeping control and manipulating to suit their own ends. Scottish footballs other shame as in do as your told regardless of real justice.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 07:10

Until every club manager backed by every BOD member stands up and calls for clarity and change, nothing will happen.

The only folks speaking out are the ones in the firing line. When they do speak out alone they could by treated as hard done by malcontents.
It's time every club in Scotland spoke out on the blatant injustices and favouritism that obviously going on.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 07:10

Gerrard is going to get an easy ride up here...and you all better get used to it.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRFC_no1  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 07:50

Why cant managers questions decisions and abilities of referees? This is why Scottish refs are so f**king awful because their ability can never be questioned without a manager facing punishment from the SFA. Its about time the SFA got its head out its @rse and stopped trying to dictate what can and cant be said. The inconsistency shown as well over the years is making a mockery out of the system as well
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 08:38

So Clarke is saying that the independent members of the panel believe that the ref card should be overturned but are willing to compromise their integrity because Collum was going to referee an old firm match?

Turn on, Tune in, Drop out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 09:03

Directors of the SPFL clubs make up the various SFA committees so if they're not happy with things they can change them.

Isn't it the constant reinterpretations of the Laws of the Game, which are outwith the control of the SFA, that are the main reason for the apparent inconsistencies in recent decisions of the disciplinary panel?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 10:34

"Why cant managers questions decisions and abilities of referees? This is why Scottish refs are so f**king awful because their ability can never be questioned without a manager facing punishment from the SFA"

So should referees speak out about players ability? You will find in a large % of cases the players do not understand the laws of the game. Appreciate the SFA have made things difficult with some recent decisions however in many of the things fans/players shout etc are simply embarrassing.

This is not a new issue, remember back to 2007 when we appealed a Scott Wilson Red card during our relegation fight and SFA's response was along the lines of "thanks for the £1000 donation" as they didn't even look at the video again.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bencrawfordd  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 16:26

My thoughts on the recent SFA Appeals System fiasco ⬇️

https://youtu.be/PHY-_bLAoq0

Pars Review: http://www.parsreview.org
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1BVIChsK6v-iTyJnKNf7Eg
Pars Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thedunfermlineway/
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 17:04

Be so typical of posters on this forum to quote "rules" and not worry about what's right or wrong.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theweepar  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 17:19

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Fri 14 Sep 17:04

Be so typical of posters on this forum to quote "rules" and not worry about what's right or wrong.

This
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 19:10

Would take him as Scotland manager, no questions asked.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 Sep 09:38

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Fri 14 Sep 08:38

So Clarke is saying that the independent members of the panel believe that the ref card should be overturned but are willing to compromise their integrity because Collum was going to referee an old firm match?

Aye, his logic has me baffled there, TOWK. Why could the panel not overturn the red card and leave him in charge of the Sellick-Sevco match? All it would mean was that they thought he'd made a mistake in giving the red. Is there any game in which the ref gets every decision right? I very much doubt it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 15 Sep 12:34

Managers would gain a lot more credibility if they acknowledged that sometimes poor refereeing decisions go in their favour but you only ever hear them complaining after a poor result. Even Brendan Rodgers was complaining last night that the ref was wrong to send off Ntcham when all the commentators, including ex-Celt Pat Bonner, agreed it was a definite red card (or rather two yellows).
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 Sep 12:49

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 15 Sep 12:34

Managers would gain a lot more credibility if they acknowledged that sometimes poor refereeing decisions go in their favour but you only ever hear them complaining after a poor result. Even Brendan Rodgers was complaining last night that the ref was wrong to send off Ntcham when all the commentators, including ex-Celt Pat Bonner, agreed it was a definite red card (or rather two yellows).

Its about consistency though in the case where there is clear video evidence.
I don't think Steve Clarke is necessarily complaining about the decision but the fact he feels the decision was decided before the hearing because the ref was due to do the Celtic vs Rangers game.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: