DAFC.net
Home 21 November 2018 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Formation v Alloa
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 08:00

Ironically the 3 central defenders was proving very leaky of late given how well it had worked pre season and against Utd.
Reverting to a back four they gave Borehamwood very little last week bar a couple of off target shots. However that was a one off game against a very direct side will it be back to three centre backs tomorrow?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Formation v Alloa
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 08:37

For all the merits of 3-5-2 there is little point playing it if only some players understand it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 08:53

Don't think we'll need 3 centre-halves at home to Alloa. I reckon they will play with primarily one up front. I may even be tempted to play 3-4-3 with 2 wide men up top to try and stretch them and create some chances which we haven't been doing. Reckon it will be 4-4-2 though. Ultimately formation shouldn't matter if the players all put a performance in.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 08:58

Didn't AJ say after last Saturday's game that the change of formation was as much down to the availability of players as to a change in tactics?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 09:02

4-4-2. Flat centre midfield. Supplying wingers and getting loads of crosses in the box for the two forwards. Nice and simple played at high tempo. No farting about.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WheelKing99  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 10:48

4-1-3-2 .

Form is temporary, Class is permanent
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 11:10

Agree with SN re flat midfield.If they are playing one up why have 5 defensive players?

I think the holding midfield player is over-rated. There are some decent exponents of it (Makelele and Kante were the ones that sprung to mind) but it's rigid and over used now IMO.It's better to have central midfielders with a bit of know how who can interchange and work with each other and sit deeper or advance as the game situation develops. It makes it easier for the opposing team to defend against central midfielders if they know which one is likely to be further forward. A central midfielder should have the engine and legs to go box to box if necessary IMO.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: preston par  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 11:25

Robinson

Williamson
Ashcroft
Devine
Longridge

Higgy
Craigen
Vincent
Connolly

Longridge
Muirhead

4-4-1-1

Back 4 with two out and out wingers in Higgy and Connolly. Craigen and Vincent in centre mid with Longridge floating around in the space between their defence and midfield. Muirhead up top.

Time to drop Durnan and El Bak in my opinion.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 11:37

AJ hinted that a few players had 'niggles'. I'd imagine Higgy was one of them having been subbed early last week. Devine also missed last week through injury. I would think Malaury Martin will start as soon as he's considered fit enough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 11:40

9-0-1

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafcburty  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 12:18

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 14 Sep 11:37

AJ hinted that a few players had 'niggles'. I'd imagine Higgy was one of them having been subbed early last week. Devine also missed last week through injury. I would think Malaury Martin will start as soon as he's considered fit enough.

Williamson also has a niggle according to COWS.

https://jordanburtfootball.com
bringing you up-to-date Interviews, Match Reports and much more!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 12:31

Malaury Martin has been posting "feeling good, cant wait for Saturday" on twitter that sounds like a starting xi post.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hay Fever  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 12:53

Heard Higgy was in a for a small Groin op midweek. Not sure how serious but probably out tomorrow
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 12:55

Is Malaury Martin an attacking midfield type player?

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 13:08

I was impressed with Martin against Borehamwood - I wouldn't call him attacking, but he was looking to make himself available for a pass, clearly 'wanted' the ball, and was calm in possession. Reminded me a bit of Alex Burke (who I know got pelters on here from a folk), who I always thought was a good stabilising influence in midfield.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 13:53

Anyone who does as well for us as Alex Burke did would get my backing all day long!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 14:45

Was fairly impressed with Martin in general play although he blotted his copybook slightly with an awful corner which he followed up with an even worse attempt at a cross when the ball fell back to him. Seemed quite calm though and (as they all did) he took his penalty well. Think he'll start tomorrow, whether that's in place of Vincent or whether there's a bigger reshuffle (i.e. Craigan was at right back - does he stay there or does Williamson go back in there and Craigan moves back into the middle; what about Thomson; where does Louis Longridge play etc) I'm not so sure. It's very difficult to pick a team for tomorrow, as well as a formation. Think there may be a few surprises.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: