DAFC.net
Home 13 July 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Who still backs the manager?
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Sat 15 Sep 22:05

Lost a few more after today I guess

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Who still backs the manager?
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 02:17

Vast majority of fans want him gone. Won't happen though, unfortunately.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 06:56

When he has a fully fit Tom Beadling,Ryan Williamson,Higgy,Lewis Martin,Malaury Martin and Robbie Muirhead,we will be a very different proposition.

It must be galling for Allan to have lost four key players to richer clubs.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 07:05

Quote:

Sliema Par, Sun 16 Sep 06:56

When he has a fully fit Tom Beadling,Ryan Williamson,Higgy,Lewis Martin,Malaury Martin and Robbie Muirhead,we will be a very different proposition.

Money wasn't the only reason a few left, as had been alluded to in previous threads last season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 07:49

I still back him as do my Family,friends and servants.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 08:07

Very few want him to stay I think, just going by what was said round about me yesterday and the txts and calls I had from pars fans last night.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsdaft  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 08:10

Ross McArthur
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 08:10

Quote:

What a lot of sh*te. He’s had a fully fit higgy, ryan & Williamson for the whole season bar the odd game. He’s repeatedly chose not to play higgy because he clearly doesn’t think he’s good enough. Lewis Martin? Really? He’s only ever played well at left back and he’s not replacing Jackson longridge so he will have no effect on our season. Stop making excuses. The only player we are missing is tom beadling, he’s not the saviour everyone’s hoping he is though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 08:12

I'll back him.

As frustrating as it is for the support it's a lot more for the manager. IMO - He has the players but just needs to find the right combination. Let's not turn into Dundee Utd with a ridiculous expectation & a lot of moaning fans. Remember the atmosphere of the first game you could smell the fear of the home support and that doesn't help the team on the park.If we give them our full support at least we will have played our part.

Saying that this situation cannot continue.

AJ has to find some answers tout suite!

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 08:51

The manager has run his course at DAFC. The team has not been developed our improved in any way over the last two years. The standard of football at home over the last 3 matches is simply not acceptable. I honestly can’t see AJ taking us any further and he needs to be replaced. We need a new management team with fresh ideas.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 09:00

I still back him.
Last season we saw a similar track of form.
Some bad defeats followed by a string of goalless draws to stop the rot and then an impressive late run.
Let's hope the form picks up earlier this time.
A win or two will restore the confidence.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: thenatural  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 09:07

Me. This is a tough spell but we’ll get through it. Johnston’s shown strength of character and nous before when things got hard. He’ll do it again.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 09:09

Having a wee dig at the Boo boys in the Mail this morning , saying its a "young team " most of these guys have been about for a while , does he seriously think this crap is acceptable as we are a young team , get a grip A.J.

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 09:18

Quote:

Bamba-Daft, Sun 16 Sep 08:10

Quote:

What a lot of sh*te. He’s had a fully fit higgy, ryan & Williamson for the whole season bar the odd game. He’s repeatedly chose not to play higgy because he clearly doesn’t think he’s good enough. Lewis Martin? Really? He’s only ever played well at left back and he’s not replacing Jackson longridge so he will have no effect on our season. Stop making excuses. The only player we are missing is tom beadling, he’s not the saviour everyone’s hoping he is though.

He chose not to play higgy because of the injury he has.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 09:22

Quote:

gordi-b, Sun 16 Sep 09:09

Having a wee dig at the Boo boys in the Mail this morning , saying its a "young team " most of these guys have been about for a while , does he seriously think this crap is acceptable as we are a young team , get a grip A.J.

We seem to have this discussion every season but can you point me the evidence that booing the team, however young or old makes them play better?

It just puts them on edge afraid to make a mistake hence punting balls up the park instead of trying something different and taking a risk or two.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 09:23

Don't think he has two key things for a good football manager.

Tactical awareness and the ability to change things during a game and good man management skills.

The latter opinion comes from a few things I have heard from former players as well as just general observations during a game along with his responses after some games.

It's a pity, but he just doesn't inspire people and it seems many fans have just about had enough hard luck stories.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 09:23

"It must be galling for Allan to have lost four key players to richer clubs"

certainly Morris and Clark, the other two arguably not as much and that's the problem not missing the likes of Mvoto, Wedderburn or Cardle.

"A win or two will restore the confidence"

it would but where is the next goal coming from firstly? Morton away, Partick at home on a Friday night, I cant see us getting anything from those 2 games right now.
mid September and its a case of when the change is made, not if, end of those 2 games could be the time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 09:42

He has to be given a few more games. Money isn’t the reason. Yes Ross County and Dundee United have bigger budgets but surely we have a large budget to attract quality players. I am sure some of our guys are well paid so not buying in to this ‘larger budget’ shouts any more.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 09:47

I want him gone, and he can take Hippolyte and Durnan who is apparently a defender.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 09:52

I will support him & the current players. Honestly can’t see the board terminating his contract. The club probably couldn’t afford to pay him off & bring in another manager. Not that a new manager would guarantee success, AJ turned out round last season when we were struggling and I’m sure he can manage to do it again.
I agree it’s been a terrible start to the season but as bad as we’ve been we’re still only 7 points behind ICT so it’s not the end of the world yet.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 10:12

It's amazing AJ has managed to stay in football management as long as he has with no tactical awareness, no man-management skills and no ability to inspire players. Despite these failings he has won a couple of titles and a Cup I think, turned round losing runs in the past and I don't think he's ever been sacked.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 10:13

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 10:18

You're right, it is amazing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 10:32

Wee Eck is AJ. We're not fooled.

Post Edited (Sun 16 Sep 10:34)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 10:33

Quote:

The problem is not in injured players. It is a manager who does not know his best team, the formation to play them in, how to change a game when things aren't working, tactics to use and how to motivate. We will never win this league with him in charge because of the above. We might have good spells but we have no consistency and that is what is required to win a title. Johnston is simply not good enough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 10:34

''Money wasn't the only reason a few left, as had been alluded to in previous threads last season.''

Alluding something on dotnet is hardly a cast iron guarantee of accuracy, Berry.

More money was the main reason Morris, Clark, McManus and Aird left - and by some distance at that. If you're alleging that the main reason they left was because they didn't like the manager, think again. Players want to play every week. The only ones who will have issues with the manager are those who feel they should be in the starting XI and are repeatedly on the bench or not even stripped, which is quite understandable.

"I'll back him.

As frustrating as it is for the support it's a lot more for the manager. IMO - He has the players but just needs to find the right combination. Let's not turn into Dundee Utd with a ridiculous expectation & a lot of moaning fans. Remember the atmosphere of the first game you could smell the fear of the home support and that doesn't help the team on the park.If we give them our full support at least we will have played our part.

Saying that this situation cannot continue.

AJ has to find some answers tout suite!"

Good, reasoned, well balanced post, Angus.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 10:41

''Wee Eck is AJ. We're not fooled.''

If I was AJ I wouldn't be anywhere near this forum.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 10:43

The game is up lol!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 11:01

I back him on the basis that I think it will be better for the club to give him a proper chance to get it right with this squad. I'm as peeved about the football on show as the next man but changing so soon into the season after he's been allowed to recruit a dozen or so players is just wrong.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 11:03

The most alarming thing is he has yet to sign a balanced squad in the summer...we've always got too much of something and not enough of another.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 11:12

Memo to all Pars fans “Booing doesn’t help “so remember to applaud every misplaced pass and every calamitous decision next week. You couldn’t,make this up

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 11:39

If that's the case my hands would have been stinging yesterday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 12:06

Big three games coming up. Morton, Partick and Falkirk are all obviously in the bottom half and have all had worse starts than they probably anticipated.

A decent set of results against those sides and we begin to move back on track. As mentioned earlier we're only 7 points off the top despite the poor start and 4 off the play offs. We're not dead yet.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 12:08

Willing to give him a chance.He is not stupid, but surely him and clark,between them must realise the balance in the team is wrong.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swifty  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 12:49

I was totally frustrated by the result yesterday. Aĺloa set up well against us and their pressing the ball plan over the pitch worked a treat. On the odd occasion when we passed the ball quickly we got into some good positions but our final ball was very poor.

The management team have assembled our squad during the past 9 months. On paper we have strength and depth in most areas, albeit a few injuries have denied us the opportunity to play our strongest team. On reflection I think we should back the management team. From a financial perspective it is probably a non-runner to pay them off anyway. They have turned our season around before. It’s a tough league nobody is going to run away with it. COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 13:00

We'll see where we are after the next three games, if we are winless by the end of them I'd imagine the board will be forced to act. I don't think he's a manager who will get us to win this league, the 2 year deal by the board was absolute lunacy unless it's got a favourable break clause.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: paraleticmcneil  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 15:09

The squad is good on paper. They will gel once injured players return. We might not win the league but we will be fighting come the end of the season. With the forward line we have, we should be scoring goals.

I actually think you'll see the best of us in the coming months.

I actually think he's a solid tactician and can see what way AJ is trying to take the team. It's just taking a while for them to gel.

Too many players not hitting form yet.. Fais, Vincent, Williamson, Durnan, Thompson and Robinson all need to be better (and they are better players than they are showing). Craigen, the Longridge bros and Devine are the guys that have pass marks for me so far..

Martin, Muirhead and Beadling when back will definitely strengthen us.. Also gutted higgy got injured. I feel he was yet to get started proper this year..

Make no mistake though.. We need to go and get a result at morton..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 15:33

Amazing that s couple of weeks ago folk on here shouting for McKinnon ,how is the
change of manager working out for Falkirk?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 15:58

Quite annoying saying when Beadling comes back it’ll all be solved, aye he’s a good player but still pinning our hopes all on a guy who has barely kicked a ball since April is a bit much
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars no1  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 16:12

Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu like | nolike
Date: Sun 16 Sep 15:33

Amazing that s couple of weeks ago folk on here shouting for McKinnon ,how is the
change of manager working out for Falkirk?

He's only had 1 competitive game in charge.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Clarko  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 16:34

“I actually think he's a solid tactician...”

Seriously..???
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 16:59

I’m starting to wonder if bringing in so many new players he’s killed the team spirit? From what I’ve seen hippo and faz play for themselves and are not that keen on a pass when they could shoot whenever they 30 yards out even if 3 boys crowding them out. Faz already rejected us a few years ago and hippo is questionable due to history of diving/cheating etc.

However I thought the likes of nat were not good enough on the park they seemed to be good for morale around the place.

Maybe the balance gave tipped? Not enough good characters in there to pull everyone along with them, certainly not enough leaders on the park.

AJ just signs boys with no idea how to fit them in, guessing he doesn’t check on there mentality either.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Boston Red Sox  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 17:09

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 17:26

'bogus workmen'? Is that the latest in phrase from pundits or a typo?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 17:32

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WheelKing99  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 17:33

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 17:36

"Amazing that s couple of weeks ago folk on here shouting for McKinnon ,how is the
change of manager working out for Falkirk?"

I literally cannot remember one single mention of McKinnon as a potential manager for us on any website let alone this forum. Having said that, he's taken over a team bottom of the league and winless, who had scored 1 league goal all season (and none in the previous 3) and had them ahead 2-0 at half time at a place we were lucky to only lose 4-1. A couple of individual mistakes later and with their confidence shot they went on to lose but although he has a squad full of dross they at least showed a bit of fight and scored a few goals. I'd imagine he'd do very well with our squad tbh.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 17:37

Oh, I see. At least it's a variation on 'wage thief' or 'waste of a wage'.

In the last few games I'd say Louis Longridge has lost his early-season form and always seems to overrun the ball or take the wrong option now.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 17:40

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 17:59

No, he should be able to control the ball and pass it regardless of the formation. Some folk love to complicate the game of football.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 18:03

'' A couple of individual mistakes later and with their confidence shot they went on to lose but although he has a squad full of dross they at least showed a bit of fight and scored a few goals.''

I've seen it all now. A Pars' fan making an excuse for a Falkirk defeat on a Pars' forum. Imagine the reaction on here if we'd thrown away a two goal lead!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 18:23

I note some comments that Alloa seemed more determined. This seems to be a player issue rather than the manager. Again comments about players not taking responsibility. These are full time professional players. If they were not putting in the effort and taking responsibility on the park I would be concerned. I don't really think that age is an issue. You get 18 year old soldiers who are sent to fight in places like Afghanistan. People if they pay their money are entitled to boo the team. Personally I think its counter productive. It is an emotional response that is understandable paricularly if you care about the club. AJ has done a good job on the basis of where we were a few years ago. He deserves a break. Events may have conspired against him with injuries etc. Its early in the season. Promotion this year will be tough. Changing manager now will also be counter productive. I will continue to support him and the players if they are putting in the effort. The checkpoint review for me will be January.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 19:31

Not making excuses wee eck, just pointing out that at least McKinnon has a team full of absolute nobodies and impostors looking more like a team after only a couple of weeks in the job. We were hammered by Ayr, and barely laid a glove on them. He got Raith to the play offs, had Dundee Utd in a better position than his successor managed, assembled a decent squad at Morton and now has managed to get that gang to at least score 2 goals (they had only had 2 shots on goal at home to Queen of the South - who had more than 20 - sound familiar?) yet someone was claiming that he was somehow a bad appointment for Falkirk. Now that is bizarre.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 19:37

His record in football management sounds as good as AJ's.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 20:00

I've seen some ***** on this forum but trying to defend our local rivals manager after surrendering a 2 goal half time lead absolutely takes the biscuit. Well done kelty_par

Their fans will be chuffed as fk with your glad tidings.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 20:23

Some sanity at last.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 21:10

Again, for the hard of thinking, I'm not defending Falkirk or McKinnon for losing a 2 goal lead. I'm saying he's clearly a better manager than Hartley, both in terms of his record in management and his ability to build a squad. If you speak to any Falkirk fans, you'll find they are a lot happier already with McKinnon than Hartley albeit they know that their squad is full of dross. Thanks for playing anyway though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BlackLight  
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 00:57

There are players in the squad that have only been at the club a couple of weeks. Also, AJ has been more exploratory on formations at the start of this season than I've seen before (which a lot of fans would have supported up front).

I think AJ needs to finalise his ideal formation and line up quickly, but once that clicks into place we'll start to string some performances together.

Anyway, the guy's got a contract. Fans would be better using their energy supporting the club and the players than getting worked up on here.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 01:15

It astonishes me how fickle football fans can be, and how irrational they can behave. We are talking about a bunch of adults kicking a bag of wind about a patch of grass. Anyone would think its a major disaster to lose a few games against similar opposition.

Im not so daft to ignore the fact we have been poor over the last few weeks but what a friggin over-reaction.
Maybe some of you should have a wee look round the world and get some realistic perspective on this "Disaster".

We lost a few games because we played badly. Other teams in the league have done likewise and they and us will continue to do so. Its a game min. We will lose sometimes. If we all sacked managers for a few poor performances every team in the league would be bankrupted paying compensation.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Perkins  
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 08:34

"I actually think he's a solid tactician and can see what way AJ is trying to take the team"

Can you explain the way he's trying to take the team to me please because I've no idea after watching the last few games
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 08:38

[Post Deleted] -Swearing will not be tolerated on this site as per the rules
Admin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 13:18

Who said anything about him being a better manager than AJ? Seriously, you need to read things, take your time to form an option then re-read what you type because all you've done so far is coke across as a total buffoon who has steam coming off their keyboard from making so many nonsensical comments.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WheelKing99  
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 14:52

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 15:11

Quote:

kelty_par, Mon 17 Sep 13:18

Who said anything about him being a better manager than AJ? Seriously, you need to read things, take your time to form an option then re-read what you type because all you've done so far is coke across as a total buffoon who has steam coming off their keyboard from making so many nonsensical comments.

How long til you edit this word soup?

It's blatantly obvious you're comparing him with our manager.

Post Edited (Mon 17 Sep 15:20)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 15:46

Looking through the fans suggested team for the weekend the majority picked the same system and same players.

Anyone ever thought the players we have are just simply not good enough as a unit?

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 16:18

That's a very good point about the majority of us picking the same players and system.

I think they are good enough but Jackson said on the interview that following some performances that they acknowledge have been below what is expected by the fans, and by themselves, they have maybe become a bit edgy and taking 1 touch too many. As he says, they need to sort that out.

I think that is an honest response to the question and I would suggest encouragement rather than continued criticism might help.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 16:39

I'll walk you through things da_no_1, since you seem to have little idea what's happening here.

1. saltonsgonagetu asked how changing the manager was working out for Falkirk
2. I suggested that they seem to have picked up, going by the comments from Falkirk fans I know and that they scored 2 goals against Ayr when they had only previously managed to score one in their previous 5 league and cup games.
3. You claimed that I compared McKinnon to Johnston and had a rant that he was a "rat" that "shat on" Morton.

Honestly, there's no shame in just admitting you've made a Noel Hunt of things and chill out for a while. Read a book, watch something on Netflix, bake a cake, do something but do it away from here.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 17:12

Perfectly chilled kelty thanks. If you consider my post a rant then I'd hate to see what you think when I do get going. I don't know any Falkirk fans but the facts are there. They lost again. Even worse that they blew a 2 goal lead. It doesn't seem clear to me that they've turned any corners at all. I read P&B and the majority of the falkirk fans on there are just as desperate as we all are about their current predicament. Fair comment about the ones you've spoken to but they seem to be in the minority.

It seemed to me and others that running through their new managers success story (or lack of it) on a thread about our manager could be construed as comparing the two. Thanks to your detailed explanation I now realise I was completely wrong and your use of the term buffoon is totally justified.

Apologies

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: chewie  
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 17:29

McKinnon will do fine at Falkirk in the long run, but not until he can bring in some players. Their current predicament is down the the players that Hartley signed - some of whom he apparently had never seen play.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 17:43

If we were to play Falkirk tomorrow, I certainly wouldn’t fancy us to win after what I have witnessed this season.

It’s a crazy argument when the guy has only had two games to try and turn things around.

AJ has had a poor season, followed by a mediocre season (which was only saved by a 94 min goal) and now a shocking start which compares quite well to the Kenny era. But these people are now saying McKinnon hasn’t done anything to turn Falkirk around. He’s had two games for FFS!

If you gave me a straight swap for McKinnon just now, I’d take it.

The writing is on the wall I’m afraid. The next two games and that’ll be about it.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 18:27

So 5th in our first season back in the Championship was a poor season and making the play-offs last year was mediocre. We didn't win it with a 94th minute goal by the way, we won it over 36 games. I seem to remember losing an added-time goal at Greenock at the start of that season but I don't suppose that was unlucky.

The expectations and lack of patience of some fans considering our current financial status are ridiculous. There are probably 5 or 6 clubs this season hoping for promotion and most of them have more money to spend than we have. With a maximum of two teams going up there are going to be a lot of disappointed people at the end of the season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 18:27

Quote:

The Boss, Mon 17 Sep 17:43
If you gave me a straight swap for McKinnon just now, I’d take it.

Well it's just as well you're the boss in name only then. I'd be suprised if even 10% of .net punters agreed with you and, believe me, that's sayin somethin.

Post Edited (Mon 17 Sep 18:28)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swisspar  
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 18:28

In over 50 years of going to EEP, Pars fans have never been easy to please. I don't doubt that some players decide to go elsewhere because of this.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 18:37

Fair play da_no_1, you're all right.

I watched the highlights incidently, and Falkirk were moving it about with a confidence you would not expect given their predicament, at least in the first half. I have no idea what happened at half time though, they looked pretty poor again in the second 45 and the goals they lost (particularly the third) were laughable. Not a good time for fans on either side of the Kincardine Bridge at the moment.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 18:43

I've been going to eep for over 50 years as well , and I'm trying to remember when I last saw such an inept performance as Saturdays .
I know there have been some grim days but Saturdays must be down there amongst some of the worst .
The opening post was asking who still backs the manager ?
Not me , but I suppose we're stuck with him . A long miserable winter ahead .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 18:51

Personally I think the manager has taken us as far as he can. I think we need new ideas to take us to the next level.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 19:13

Swiss par your spot on.Have been watching them since 65.We are very intolerant, but I suppose all fans at any club are the same.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swisspar  
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 19:44

Cheers twinpar, I'm also guilty of abuse to players, but ironically, directed to the fan's favourite rather than the culprit. I remember Stevie Morrison getting abuse, then his position in the team was changed, he then became ZICO!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 22:30

Our current financial status was mentioned above as a reason for not having too great expectations.

What exactly is our current financial status and when if ever will it change for the better?

We are unlikely to get many more season ticket sales. We are also unlikely to get much more from the Centenary Club source.
Nor can we look forward to any substantial transfer fee income anytime soon.

Short of a good cup run, we are unlikely to generate more income through the gate.

The only way we can generate more income and thus have higher expectations seems then to be by getting into the top flight.

So, if we don't get there, our current financial status is unlikely to improve much and by the logic of the post above, we should not have high expectations.

Catch 22 springs to mind!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 22:39

We're always going to be up against teams getting relegated who have the benefit of parachute payments and clubs with rich benefactors. Promotion won't be impossible (see Livi) but it's always going to be difficult. One possible windfall would be if we unearthed a talented youngster who moved on to a higher grade of football. That has helped Dundee United, St Mirren and Hamilton.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 22:45

Swiss par . Remember stevies goal at forfar,Classic.Still on you tube.

Post Edited (Tue 18 Sep 07:17)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: delboi  
Date:   Tue 18 Sep 01:35

I dont back him .said weeks ago i wont be back at another game until he has gone.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paradox  
Date:   Tue 18 Sep 06:51

Quote:

mach1, Mon 17 Sep 22:30

Our current financial status was mentioned above as a reason for not having too great expectations.

What exactly is our current financial status and when if ever will it change for the better?

We are unlikely to get many more season ticket sales. We are also unlikely to get much more from the Centenary Club source.
Nor can we look forward to any substantial transfer fee income anytime soon.

Short of a good cup run, we are unlikely to generate more income through the gate.

The only way we can generate more income and thus have higher expectations seems then to be by getting into the top flight.

So, if we don't get there, our current financial status is unlikely to improve much and by the logic of the post above, we should not have high expectations.

Catch 22 springs to mind!

I don't think it's the money coming in that's the issue tbh. As you rightly say, we are unlikely to significantly increase revenues from ST sales or the Lifeline, if anything they would be more likely to level off or decrease IMO.

A big part of the problem is the cost of running and maintaining EEP I think. We are already reliant on a large taskforce of volunteers and goodwill from local suppliers to keep the stadium fit for use.

Playing in the top flight for a season at least would surely help as well though?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Murphy  
Date:   Tue 18 Sep 07:22

"A big part of the problem is the cost of running and maintaining EEP I think. We are already reliant on a large taskforce of volunteers and goodwill from local suppliers to keep the stadium fit for use."

Just out of interest, I wonder if there is an actual breakdown anywhere, of what the individual cost are. I'm probably a bit clueless in understanding everything involved, but I would think the stadium actually generates a reasonable amount of income if you consider the various suites, Legends, Charlie 'D's, hospitality and the catering all taking in income on a typical match day.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Tue 18 Sep 10:37

Quote:

delboi, Tue 18 Sep 01:35

I dont back him .said weeks ago i wont be back at another game until he has gone.

And sadly I think many others will be of the same opinion very soon

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: delboi  
Date:   Tue 18 Sep 22:38

[Post Deleted] - Intimidating or offensive message
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 Sep 22:53

I'm trying to get my head round that post Delboi. I cant begin to imagine how your mind works.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 Sep 01:58

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 Sep 06:19

Topic Originator: delboi like | nolike - 1
Date: Tue 18 Sep 01:35

''I dont back him .said weeks ago i wont be back at another game until he has gone.''

So, do you support the Pars or Allan Johnston? I'll back AJ as long as he's our manager. I want him to do well because I want the Pars to do well.

Topic Originator: delboi like | nolike - 1
Date: Tue 18 Sep 22:38

It is sad but true. For example you could spend your money at the odeon and enjoy watching something or go to east end get peed off watching the heartless efforts and then go home and kick feck out the wife.

Ooft! I'll be generous and say that was a p*** poor attempt at humour. You can't really compare watching live football with a film. Before you go to the cinema, you'll have a fair idea of what your chosen film is about and know that you're likely to enjoy it. With football, there's no such certainty. Sometimes, what looks like a great game on paper turns out to be dire and vice versa.

It's precisely the uncertainty of football which keeps us returning for more, in the hope of seeing an exciting and thrilling game each time.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 21 Sep 18:34

Quote:

Murphy, Tue 18 Sep 07:22

"A big part of the problem is the cost of running and maintaining EEP I think. We are already reliant on a large taskforce of volunteers and goodwill from local suppliers to keep the stadium fit for use."

Just out of interest, I wonder if there is an actual breakdown anywhere, of what the individual cost are. I'm probably a bit clueless in understanding everything involved, but I would think the stadium actually generates a reasonable amount of income if you consider the various suites, Legends, Charlie 'D's, hospitality and the catering all taking in income on a typical match day.

I'm pretty sure the accounts for Pars United (EEP) will be available via Companies House.

There is undoubtedly money generated on match day, but on the non match days, there will be significant overheads to cover.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Murphy  
Date:   Fri 21 Sep 21:29

"I'm pretty sure the accounts for Pars United (EEP) will be available via Companies House.

They are but they don't break down the costs to that level of detail.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Fri 21 Sep 22:06

Murphy, if you can make it then come along to the next Supporters' Council meeting (Date TBA) and ask your questions about the finances. The Chairman and other Board members will be there, and should be able to give you satisfactory answers.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters' Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 22 Sep 03:49

There have been lots of good and constructive comments in this thread. Though I think we could have done without the reference to domestic abuse. That said, I am of the view that if we don't get at least four points from the next three matches, then we must bring in a new management team.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Sep 10:20

Quote:

OzPar, Sat 22 Sep 03:49

There have been lots of good and constructive comments in this thread. Though I think we could have done without the reference to domestic abuse. That said, I am of the view that if we don't get at least four points from the next three matches, then we must bring in a new management team.

I think I would agree. I am still in the "AJ - sort it out" camp. But we are running out of games to turn things around and avoid getting cut adrift.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Sep 13:14

Me

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steviethepar  
Date:   Sat 22 Sep 17:46

How many more games ??

Patrick next week is without doubt a must win
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Sep 17:46

Nonsense. That was a massive improvement.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Sep 17:50

It is impressive. 2 goals for in 6 games, not won at home in the league and sit 3rd bottom in a league of 10. Get him signed up on a new deal.

You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Sep 17:52

Its not impressive but I still believe it will get better. Certainly not a sacking issue yet.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Sat 22 Sep 18:20

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sat 22 Sep 18:26

Every team will drop points this season. There isnt much between any of the teams. We have to keep plugging away.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Sep 18:28

Is the improvement by luck or by design?

Keeps trying a different team until something works
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Sat 22 Sep 18:29

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sat 22 Sep 18:36

No faith in him, it's going to be another long struggle
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Sep 18:40

Another game without a win
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Sep 18:42

Thought it was a reasonable performance today.

Thought The Longridges played well, Louis was getting well stuck in - bit of fire about time! Really liked Martin he is a different kind player than The other midfield options. Plays a lot of short precise passes. Vincent also had a good game. The front two were okay but could have made more of their chances. Fais is always dangerous and can get in behind defenders. Ryan did take his goal well.

Unfortunately it was 2 points lost through an error but hey ho! Baby steps - We are improving.

We need to speed things up in the final third. Far to timid in front of goal, second half with the wind - Hit it! It will move in the air - ask Robinson😀

Should have had Beadling on after we scored, midfield was starting to tire & struggle.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Sep 18:46

Me

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Sep 18:49

How Mulrany lasted 90 minutes I will never know. He was sublime but completely shattered
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Murchadh  
Date:   Sat 22 Sep 18:59

The Boss sums is up perfectly. AJ out!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Sep 19:00

Me

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Sep 19:01

I agree: Malaury looked a class act.

Best of all ,AJ had jettisoned the deadwood today.

If you add a fit Tom Beadling to that team today,the future looks more promising.

AJ has turned things around before.He will do it again.Last Week I felt like kicking the cat(I haven't got one).

That was not true today.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Sep 19:15

Quote:

Perkins, Sat 22 Sep 18:28

Is the improvement by luck or by design?

Keeps trying a different team until something works

So what would you do if results and performances were poor, Perkins?

Stick with the same team? Seriously?

If you can answer that you'll be able to answer your own initial question.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 22 Sep 20:06

"Best of all ,AJ had jettisoned the deadwood today"

presume that's aimed at Thomson and Hippolyte given the comment about Muirhead at the start and those were the changes today, ridiculous to class someone as deadwood after 11/12 games.

"Patrick next week is without doubt a must win"

a win would be good but its a must not lose for Johnston.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big Marcus  
Date:   Sat 22 Sep 21:54

I've not really been a fan of AJ since the start. What I will say though is - he actually turned my thinking around. I've never thought he was the man for the job but he (happily) make me eat my words plenty of times so he earned my full backing from then on.

Things change in this big bad world that we live in. . .

I am back to the think of. . . "Na mate, you've squandered a good squad, there have been too many players let go and replaced with overpaid nonsense."

The squad has been ripped apart season after season to no avail. Yes. I hear you saying 'but. . .We've got better players now! We've got this and that etc. . .' Na, I'm not having it. Sorry.

It's time to cut ties and bring in a new man to really sort this squad and team issue that's going on.

That's my thoughts anyway.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Sep 22:17

Quote:

Big Marcus, Sat 22 Sep 21:54

I've not really been a fan of AJ since the start. What I will say though is - he actually turned my thinking around. I've never thought he was the man for the job but he (happily) make me eat my words plenty of times so he earned my full backing from then on.

Things change in this big bad world that we live in. . .

I am back to the think of. . . "Na mate, you've squandered a good squad, there have been too many players let go and replaced with overpaid nonsense."

The squad has been ripped apart season after season to no avail. Yes. I hear you saying 'but. . .We've got better players now! We've got this and that etc. . .' Na, I'm not having it. Sorry.

It's time to cut ties and bring in a new man to really sort this squad and team issue that's going on.

That's my thoughts anyway.

We lost three key players through no fault of AJ though in the summer.

Yes , we can argue about Cardle deserving another contract but Clark, Aird and Morris we could do nothing about.

I'm happy to give him this season to prove his faith in his selection of players.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Sep 22:28

I hear you but in my opinion, we lost more important players before your mentioned names. There just seems to be no balance or ever a settled squad within plenty of time before the season starts.

I'm just not feeling that we're gonna end up good before its too late and that's gonna be our story for years to come.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Sep 22:51

Quote:

Big Marcus, Sat 22 Sep 22:28

I hear you but in my opinion, we lost more important players before your mentioned names. There just seems to be no balance or ever a settled squad within plenty of time before the season starts.

I'm just not feeling that we're gonna end up good before its too late and that's gonna be our story for years to come.

I think long term is looking better now.
Until this season we very rarely offered two year contracts.
Result of that was very decent players leaving for nothing.

Obviously the club are ready to go up now but it might not happen just like that.

I'm happier we have this bad spell now than later given that we know these players can actually perform.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 00:10

I'd rather we didn't have a bad spell at all.

If we continue getting draws, we'll end up about third or fourth bottom.

I don't think we have a better squad than last season at all. Our player retention has been poor for a long time and it is showing in so many disjointed performances.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 00:12

I just don't think that us going through another season of a horrendous run is acceptable. It's every single season that we have a patch like this. . .This year is the swansong at a bare minimum - otherwise, we're gonna end up with a team that needs to pick black pepper out of faeces while wearing boxing gloves. On the last day of the season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 00:31

"Topic Originator: GG Riva
Date: Sat 22 Sep 19:15

If you can answer that you'll be able to answer your own initial question."

The point is that I expect the manager to know his best team by now. He's signed all these players and works with them every day.

The constant changes in line up and system suggests he has no idea.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 00:48

In your world no one gets injured or suspended and no one loses form. Even if he could choose the same team every week someone would be questioning why he signed the other players who couldn't force their way into the team. Football's a squad game nowadays. Few clubs play the same team every week.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 00:48

Quote:

Big Marcus, Sun 23 Sep 00:12

I just don't think that us going through another season of a horrendous run is acceptable. It's every single season that we have a patch like this. . .This year is the swansong at a bare minimum - otherwise, we're gonna end up with a team that needs to pick black pepper out of faeces while wearing boxing gloves. On the last day of the season.

Point is like it or not, we have improved every season under AJ and if that day changes then fair enough for calling for someone new.

I dont think anyone will run away with the title this season, at least not in the same fashion as St. Mirren did.

We all knew this months ago it is a tight league.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 02:45

I do think AJ has been a fairly good manager in his time here but it is extremely worrying that we seem to go through extended runs of poor results and performances in his time here. He should have been sacked last Season when we went through that chronic time of it in the winter going into the spring, it was only that incredible run of ten games without defeat that scraped us into the Play Offs. A Decent result today but no league win since the opening day should have alarm bells ringing at board level.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 06:05

He has my support.

Today was very different from the insipid performance of last week.

Not only is the team beginning to gel, but we will soon have a fully fit Robbie,Tom and Malaury and we will be a very different proposition then.

I would hope that James Craigen and Louis Longridge are offered two year contracts soon.We need stability and the prospect of a juicy big transfer bid later in the season which would help our finances.

Both Jackson and Tom could play at a higher level.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 08:06

Quote:

Perkins, Sun 23 Sep 00:31

"Topic Originator: GG Riva
Date: Sat 22 Sep 19:15

If you can answer that you'll be able to answer your own initial question."

The point is that I expect the manager to know his best team by now. He's signed all these players and works with them every day.

The constant changes in line up and system suggests he has no idea.

I think the real point is that you've avoided the question.....☹

Without defending AJ, he tends not to change a winning team, but he made a number of changes yesterday after that uninspiring performance v Alloa. Would you not have done the same? If you're a fringe player, you'd be hoping to be considered for a start when the first choice players don't play well in the previous game.

As for your point about AJ not knowing his best team, wee eck covered that pretty well. Remember too, that AJ sees the players in training all week and is in the best position to see who's showing good form and who isn't. It's also naive to think your "best team" is the right one to put out in every game, without taking into account the qualities and tactics of the opposition.

Ironically, if there's anyone who has no idea, it would appear to be you.....

Post Edited (Sun 23 Sep 08:26)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 09:24

You seem to be in quite a sarcastic mood today.

I'll keep it simple.

Do you think this season's performances are acceptable?

No in depth analysis or raking around for reasons or excuses. Just a simple answer yes or no.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 09:35

I remain in the little faith in AJ camp .
Obviously hope yesterday's improvement will be continued in forthcoming games , but so far this season we have failed to follow up our rare good performances with a second .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 09:46

Quote:

mach1, Sun 23 Sep 09:24

I'll keep it simple.

No in depth analysis or raking around for reasons or excuses. Just a simple answer yes or no.

You dont pay attention at all. Or you just ignore what is said.

None of us so called happy clappers have suggested results so far are ok. We all seem to be in agreement about that.
We simply do not agree that a change of manager is justified YET.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 09:54

Criticised him in the past , made big changes yesterday and got us back to playing our passing game on the deck , hopefully another improvement on Friday with the same team .C.O.Y.P

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 09:54

Well that's not quite a yes or no.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 10:43

OK, I'll bite. We've played 13 competitive games - 5 in the League Cup, 6 in the League and 2 in the Challenge Cup. I'd say all the performances in the LC were good and on another day we could have beaten Hearts. Of the 6 league games I'd say Tannadice and Cappielow were good but the other 4 were poor. I wasn't at either of the Challenge Cup games but we're still in it and the performance at Inverness from a scratch side was generally accepted as exceptional. I think a draw against a National League side away from home is acceptable.

That's 4 poor performances out of 13. I don't think things are nearly as bleak as some would have us believe.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 11:06

Quote:

mach1, Sun 23 Sep 09:24

I'll keep it simple.

Dunno if this was aimed at me, mach1, but there's no intended sarcasm in my post, although I could understand the last sentence in my previous post being interpreted as such. It was borne out of frustration at Perkins apparent failure to grasp the intrinsic difficulties of football management than any attempt to humiliate or belittle him.

To answer your question, I'd echo wee eck - some have been more than acceptable, especially v Hearts, I thought. Other performances, at home to Ross County, ICT and Alloa and Ayr away have not been good enough.

Eta. I don't think you can lump every game together into a simple yes/no, as you appear to imply.

Post Edited (Sun 23 Sep 11:08)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 11:16

The league table doesn’t lie. We’re 3rd bottom for a reason. Doesn’t matter how people try to serve it up.

If Johnston is to stay, we’ll be having the same arguments in 2 years time. He’s a top of League 1/mid table championship manager.

It all depends though if the club actually want to go any further. It seems to me they’d be happier for us to remain in the championship. It’s a Raith Rovers scenario.

You like black and white
Run run away

Post Edited (Sun 23 Sep 11:22)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 11:29

mach 1 asked if this season's performances were acceptable. He didn't specify League performances but, inevitably, someone singles them out to show the manager in the worst possible light. 'Alternative facts' aren't confined to politics apparently.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 11:42

The League results are what matter most. Cup runs don't get you promoted.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 11:47

The question was about acceptable performances this season. The Cup performances showed what the squad is capable of. They shouldn't be totally disregarded.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 11:51

JK at Liverpool has taken 3 years to assemble a team to challenge the league.

AJ has had to build a new team virtually every year - not an easy task on our budget. Surely giving him a 2 year deal was a good move, we need some stability to build on.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 12:00

Quote:

The Boss, Sun 23 Sep 11:16

The league table doesn’t lie. We’re 3rd bottom for a reason. Doesn’t matter how people try to serve it up.

If Johnston is to stay, we’ll be having the same arguments in 2 years time. He’s a top of League 1/mid table championship manager.

It all depends though if the club actually want to go any further. It seems to me they’d be happier for us to remain in the championship. It’s a Raith Rovers scenario.

The idea the board dont want to go up is nonsense, but I would not be too bothered if we were in this league for a couple of years yet. So long as we are in the top part and at least challenging, I think that is our level just now. In time we will progress but hopefully that will be when we can afford to assemble a team that won't get tanked every week and come back down. We will get there. Just maybe not as quick as some want.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 14:09

“The idea the board dont want to go up is nonsense, but I would not be too bothered if we were in this league for a couple of years yet. So long as we are in the top part and at least challenging”

We’ll have to agree to disagree concerning if we want to go up. Also you say “as long as we’re challenging”We didn’t challenge for the league our first season back in the championship, we never challenged last year as St Midden were runaway leaders and we aren’t going to challenge this year. So when is this challenge going come?

You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 14:39

Well it seems from some of the posts that a few fans are not as unhappy with the performances this season as others.

I did ask for a simple yes or no, and some pointed out that it is not that simple, giving their reasons and thoughts on it.

Well for me it is that simple and my answer would be no.

There have been a few silver linings, but sadly too many clouds at this early part of the season, but maybe things will get better and AJ will be exonerated again.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 14:52

'Exonerated'? What an interesting choice of words!

Why does it have to be a straight 'yes' or 'no'? What would justify a 'yes' answer? 13 good performances out of 13?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 15:15

Exonerated seems a perfectly acceptable word to use .
What do you find so interesting about it Eck ?

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 15:21

'Exonerated' has connotations of criminality and guilt for me. 'Justified' would be more appropriate in my opinion.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 15:31

I take slight issue with the idea that all the cup performances were food - we were pretty good at Dundee which is say is ok, Brechin we demolished but the two home games? The Peterhead game was still 1-0 heading towards the 90th minute and we went in at half time behind to Stirling Albion. I'd say we were reasonably decent in the group stage but it helped that Dundee were and are a shambles. I wasn't at the Hearts game but by all accounts we were good so I'll give you that.

As for the league - Tannadice was pretty good (although I don't think we were brilliant) and it's always a hard place for us to go. Morton yesterday was pretty good too. Ross County was poor but the other three? I'd say poor would be generous. Inverness, Alloa and Ayr were all horrible performances with barely a shot across the three games.

So I make it three good oerfoamces (Dundee, Utd, Hearts), three decent enough (Peterhead, Stirling, Morton) and four that were poor or worse, including some of the worst laugh out loud defending I've seen for many a year.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 15:42

3+3+4=10. You're 3 short.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 16:17

"Topic Originator: GG Riva |
Date: Sun 23 Sep 11:06

"I think the real point is that you've avoided the question.....☹

Without defending AJ, he tends not to change a winning team, but he made a number of changes yesterday after that uninspiring performance v Alloa. Would you not have done the same?"

Of course I would have changed that team. Mainly because there were players in it that I don't rate at all.

"Remember too, that AJ sees the players in training all week and is in the best position to see who's showing good form and who isn't."

The last few weeks suggest this is something he is not particularly good at doing. Picked at team for Inverness and the performance was awful, changed it round for Boreham and the performance was awful, changed it again for Alloa and it was awful again. More changes for Morton and somehow thankfully it works for him.

"Ironically, if there's anyone who has no idea, it would appear to be you....."

That's okay. The club's scarce funds aren't being paid to me to keep blindly guessing what might work and give contracts to players who can't play
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 16:22

You could add boreham wood to the pretty poor list .
That game was bereft of quality . Both teams .
Inverness in the same cup is hard to categorize . Pretty makeshift team who got a great result despite a hacks to the walk performance . Can't think of the other game kelty's missing

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 16:27

Quote:

The Boss, Sun 23 Sep 14:09

“The idea the board dont want to go up is nonsense, but I would not be too bothered if we were in this league for a couple of years yet. So long as we are in the top part and at least challenging”

We’ll have to agree to disagree concerning if we want to go up. Also you say “as long as we’re challenging”We didn’t challenge for the league our first season back in the championship, we never challenged last year as St Midden were runaway leaders and we aren’t going to challenge this year. So when is this challenge going come?

Good grief, be serious if you can. Did you expect to challenge for promotion 2 years ago? I'm obviously talking about the present.
We did Challenge last year and we outplayed Utd in the playoffs but unfortunately lost. I consider reaching the playoffs challenging for promotion.
So far as this season is concerned I'm hopefully we can turn it round and at least reach the playoffs again.

You are wrong about the board not wanting promotion regardless of how you see it.

Post Edited (Sun 23 Sep 16:28)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 16:42

Did Livingston not get back to back promotions?

Why is it inconceivable that we shouldn’t have challenged first season back.

You also don’t know that for a fact about the board. That’s the problem with “happy clapping” in general. You can’t challenge anything going on at the club.

You aren’t always right Parrot, even though you think you are.

You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 16:46

Question. Are the fans ready to go up. Increased prices etc. ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 16:47

That’s a good question blackandwhiteblood.

You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 16:48

Quote:

The Boss, Sun 23 Sep 16:42

Did Livingston not get back to back promotions?

Why is it inconceivable that we shouldn’t have challenged first season back.

You also don’t know that for a fact about the board. That’s the problem with “happy clapping” in general. You can’t challenge anything going on at the club.

You aren’t always right Parrot, even though you think you are.

Yes they did but how often does that happen.
Try being realistic.

I know I'm not always right, but I'm not always wrong either. I'm not wrong when I say you expect too much too soon. Dad on with the enthusiasm for the club you obviously love though. Nobody can fault you for that.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 16:52

Livingston won back to back promotions with a decent manager. Something we don’t have.

You can also dad on with thinking everything is rosy in the garden. We’ll just have to wait on the results to see the facts.

You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 17:31

We can try this again Boss. Are you listening now.....
For the umpteenth time I am going to very clearly state that I do not think everything is rosey, and I have been concerned about some recent performances just as you have.

My, "Dad on" comment was not intended to provoke you, it was a concession that despite our disagreement I understand you have the best interests of your club at heart.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 18:17

Quote:

Perkins, Sun 23 Sep 16:17

"Topic Originator: GG Riva |
Date: Sun 23 Sep 11:06

"I think the real point is that you've avoided the question.....☹

Without defending AJ, he tends not to change a winning team, but he made a number of changes yesterday after that uninspiring performance v Alloa. Would you not have done the same?"

Of course I would have changed that team. Mainly because there were players in it that I don't rate at all.

"Remember too, that AJ sees the players in training all week and is in the best position to see who's showing good form and who isn't."

The last few weeks suggest this is something he is not particularly good at doing. Picked at team for Inverness and the performance was awful, changed it round for Boreham and the performance was awful, changed it again for Alloa and it was awful again. More changes for Morton and somehow thankfully it works for him.

"Ironically, if there's anyone who has no idea, it would appear to be you....."

That's okay. The club's scarce funds aren't being paid to me to keep blindly guessing what might work and give contracts to players who can't play

OK, let's go through this like two civilised people and first of all, apologies for the tone of my earlier post.

I've suggested that he's better placed than anyone to see who's doing well in training and who isn't and because the team he's put out haven't got a good result and/or performed poorly,. You think he's not very good at doing this (sending out his best XI.) We don't know that any other combination would have produced better results/performances. Surely a manager has to keep tinkering with his team and formation until he's happy with it?

You criticised AJ for constantly changing the team after a succession of poor performances, yet you admit you admit you'd have done the same. I'm confused.

You appear to think the management game is simple and straightforward. If only. Players are not robots. They lose form and/or confidence from one week to the next. They make mistakes. Before you know it, they lose the winning habit and go out fearful of another defeat. Yes, it's the manager's job to turn things around, but it can be damn difficult. Opposing teams will approach game differently when they face a tram on a poor run. One good result can be all it takes to turn a corner. That's why good and poor results tend to come in sequences.

I don't think AJ is untouchable or irreplaceable, but I do think he should be given more time to steady the ship. He's proved his ability to do that last season and the one before. None of us are happy at the team's present league position. There's no guarantee a new manager coming in will be able to wave a magic wand in any case......

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 19:04

No need for an apology. All taken in good spirit.

You make fair points. I just feel that we should have seen better performances thus far.

I actually don't think we should change manager at this time either. He's made some decent signings but overall I think there are other managers who seem to be able to do better with similar or less resources at this level.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 20:19

Quote:

Perkins, Sun 23 Sep 19:04

No need for an apology. All taken in good spirit.

You make fair points. I just feel that we should have seen better performances thus far.

I actually don't think we should change manager at this time either. He's made some decent signings but overall I think there are other managers who seem to be able to do better with similar or less resources at this level.

Cheers, Perkins. I'm pleased you've not been offended by my posts. It may be true that some managers have done better with similar or less resources, but there are so many variables, it's well nigh impossible to draw any valid conclusions. We don't know AJ's budget for starters and we can only guess at that of other managers in this league. Plus, if budget was all that mattered, it would be easy to forecast who was going up and who'd be relegated.

We probably should have seen better performances (and arguably results) in at least some games. It may be the manager's fault, or it may be a failing by individual players, a bit of bad luck in a game, or even down to a bit of brilliance by opposing players.

At least it's early in the season, giving AJ time to put things right. We had a great start last season, but it wasn't enough to secure promotion. Perhaps this season a poor start will not necessarily rule us out of the promotion race, but we need to get back to winning ways and soon.

Friday would be perfect.....☺

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 20:26

When are fans going to start believing and believe we should be challenging for promotion unlike scraping In the playoffs. I’m tired of fans thinking it’s acceptable of this dross.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 20:41

Quote:

1981par, Sun 23 Sep 20:26

When are fans going to start believing and believe we should be challenging for promotion unlike scraping In the playoffs. I’m tired of fans thinking it’s acceptable of this dross.

I put £50 on us winning promotion. I didn't do that because I think we cant do it.
That in turn doesn't mean I want the manager sacked because we had a few bad performances.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 21:12

With the budget. We should be challenging. St Mirren and Livingston did it on a smaller budget.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 21:42

Quote:

1981par, Sun 23 Sep 21:12

With the budget. We should be challenging. St Mirren and Livingston did it on a smaller budget.

Do you have inside knowledge on the budgets of all these clubs, or are you doing a 'back-of-a-fag-packet, finger-in-the-air' guess-timate, based on average attendances of said teams?

Although we bring in decent cash through season tickets, gate receipts, the Lifeline and various donations from fans groups, there are still significant overheads to be covered.

We have one of the largest stadiums in the division, and yet it is rarely more than a third full on match-day, and is largely redundant the rest of the time.

Should we be challenging? Absolutely. I think the squad we have is good enough, on paper at least.

Problem is, all the teams currently above us probably feel the same way.

Biggest problem we have just now is a crisis of confidence from a run of poor form and results. If we put that right, the rest will follow, irrespective of budget.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 23:03

How many times does that have to be explained?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Sep 23:12

Quote:

1981par, Sun 23 Sep 20:26

When are some fans going to realise we have no define right to win matches. Its no surprise that the two teams who have changed their team least are at the top. That's not down to the managers who have to change players every year. Its to do with freedom of contract, rich sugar daddies and greed.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Sep 07:00

"3+3+4=10. You're 3 short."

Add Brechin to the first group. I wasn't counting the Challenge Cup games but if you want me to, the Inverness game was OK (backs to the wall for long spells but did well to get the result - Although it's hard to draw any conclusions when both sides made so many changes) and Borehamwood was poor - a game bereft of any quality whatsoever and another one when we barely troubled the keeper. One save I think he made, and that was an easy one in about the 80th minute. So it stands now at 4/4/5.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Sep 07:18

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Sep 08:59

Wow, says an unbiased opinion.

I am equally sick of supporters who constantly criticise those who dare to be pi**ed off by inept performances, bad decision making off the park, losing some of layers to rivals and determining what is and isn't acceptable to post on this fans forum.

I am sick of the constant, we have no money arguments. It's time that the club showed some real desire to move upwards and not be hamstrung by constant chat of, we're lucky to have a team, or remember where we were a few years ago.

I am sick of excuse after lame excuse.

If our expenditure is so big then we need some innovative ideas from those who run the club to do better in terms of trimming budgets, or increasing income.
And no, I do not know, how to do that. I am not privy to all the facts and it is not my job in any case.

Clubs who have recently done well, have not done it all because of sugar daddies.

We should be able to compete in football terms with Livingston, ICT, Ross County, Hamilton Academicals, St. Mirren, Ayr United, Falkirk, Morton, Partick Thistle, Alloa to name some.

All of these teams bar two are currently above us in League standings.
I do not find that acceptable, but I will be there as at most home games again on Friday.

It is time for us to improve.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Sep 09:04

^^^^^
".....And no, I do not know, how to do that. I am not privy to all the facts and it is not my job in any case".

Well said. The ONLY relevant point in your whole post.

Just in case you missed it AGAIN.

We have improved every year under AJ.

Post Edited (Mon 24 Sep 09:06)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Sep 09:07

You've just confirmed my argument, instead of actually responding to my other points.

Let's just try to take the pi**.

Keep clapping, or should it be flapping.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Mon 24 Sep 09:28

“Clubs who have recently done well, have not done it all because of sugar daddies.

We should be able to compete in football terms with Livingston, ICT, Ross County, Hamilton Academicals, St. Mirren, Ayr United, Falkirk, Morton, Partick Thistle, Alloa to name some.”

The problem is, a few of the clubs you name above have got sugar daddies, or have been in the premier league recently or there are other extenuating circumstances.

Ross Co, Hamilton, Ayr all come under the bracket of a rich owner or generous sponsor.

ICT, Ross Co, Hamilton, St Mirren, Partick have all been in the Premier league

That leaves

Livingston
Falkirk
Morton
Alloa

All of whom we have finished above or are unbeaten against in the last few years. So we are competing with them.

The only team out of that whole group to truly overperform in my opinion are Livingston.

This league is tight, all teams much of a muchness, 3 wins and you can genuinely go from 8th up to playoffs - and that’s true of later in the season too.

Be careful what you wish for = see Falkirk FC.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Sep 09:43

Quote:

mach1, Mon 24 Sep 09:07

You've just confirmed my argument, instead of actually responding to my other points.

Let's just try to take the pi**.

Keep clapping, or should it be flapping.

I really don't see how.
If anyone is flapping it certainly isn't me.
Please dont take my comments too seriously, its just banter and its awfy easy to fall out with folk on here ;)

Why don't you have a wee read of the man of the match thread. It might cheer you up a wee bit.

Post Edited (Mon 24 Sep 09:47)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Sep 09:55

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Mon 24 Sep 09:58

My eyes! 😩

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Sep 10:06

Great post mach1. Sums it up pretty well.

You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 24 Sep 10:18

Alloa have rich benefactors.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Sep 10:25

Some Pars' fans seem to have an unbelievable sense of entitlement which I think is one of the worst traits of many football fans.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Sep 10:30

Quote:

The Boss, Mon 24 Sep 10:06

Great post mach1. Sums it up pretty well.

If you are in a shrinking minority.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Mon 24 Sep 10:53

I am going to reply to all of this.
The board in my opinion, have done and are doing a great job considering the state we were in Now, we have an excellent Chairman & Accountant who both work tirelessly to keep the club in check. Both season ticket holders.
We have a minimal paid staff who do a great job as well.
Now, let me focus on the VOLUNTEERS. The ground maintenance volunteers are in every Tuesday and Thursday either, painting, clearing the stands to make sure the place is ready for the home games, cleaning the seats, etc . etc.
AND, we have the Volunteers in the DASC DONATION SHOP/ MARV'S TEA ROOM.
1. We have a team of at least ten people we can call on at any given time for assistance.
2. All the items in the shop are donated .
3. All the food served is donated.
4, Tea bags, Coffee, Sugar, Hot Chocolate , Soft Drinks etc are all donated.
5. We do all our own cleaning.
6. And as some of you may have seen we had a donation from one of our regulars a cheque for £500 last week.
Last but not least THE MANAGER & PLAYERS.
A few of you keep bleating on about the players who left from last season. Most of those players wanted to leave . We replaced almost a full squad, and with the games v DU and especially Hearts we were superb. What has gone wrong? Well, none of us have that privy info so we must try to back the players and the manager in the hope this comes good again. We are only about two months down the line, so please try to be more positive.

BTW, I am DEFO NOT A HAPPY CLAPPER.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Sep 12:23

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Sep 12:38

“If you are in a shrinking minority”

That’s you at it again Parrot. Not all pars fans post on this forum you’ll be surprised to know.

You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Sep 12:58

Yes but that works both ways.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 17:35

I guess few more will join the "no me" camp after another home defeat.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 17:37

Still think he will turn it around. Always does. It's magic.

Please don't book me Admin, it will ruin my life.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 17:54

I think he's all but had it now. That was quite a vociferous protest at the end. He needs to turn it round over the next few games or I dont think the length of his contract will save him.
Things would have been so different if we won today, but we lost. He will need to find that rabbit over the next few games.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dalgety_Par  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 17:56

He needs to start with playing his best player. If beadling isn't fit, then he shouldn't be in the squad, if he is fit then it is inexcusable that he doesn't play

It's common knowledge that Lionel Messi kept a photo of Hamish French by his bedside as inspiration every morning!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 18:21

Nobody wants anyone to lose their job
I don't think rants from fans will have any influence !! If we don't start winning that will dictate his fate
If you think about our horrific home record i bet you even Falkirk will be desperate to play as at home
So let's see what be t week bring his us
Right now I dread to think about it
I'm not a happy man with my team just now
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net