DAFC.net
Home 10 December 2018 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Supporters Council Call.
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 06:52

I think we need a meeting of the Supporters' Council.

This week last year one was called.

The difference is we had 13 points then.Today we have 4.We had scored 18 goals then to 5 now.

We had Joe Cardle on 9 goals and players the calibre of Nat Wedderburn and Jean Yves MvOto.

I am not suggesting a rammy.Our Gate, yesterday, on a mild day, was down 11% on a fortnight ago and has nothing to do with the away support which,as ever,was derisory.Attendances are our life blood.

Ross is the most transparent Chairman our Club has ever had.Allan is as pleasant and approachable a Pars Manager as I have met.These meetings are intelligent,articulate and well meaning.

But one is needed now.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Supporters Council Call.
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 06:56

To be honest think you've outlined the reasons why we shouldn't be having one right now.

Club have a big enough problem to deal with at the moment, would rather their full focus was addressing that than appeasing our fans at the moment.

You're right though, attendances starting to dwindle will cause problems in the long run, typically it's the die hards that go to these council meetings though and those are the ones that tend to commit to ruin their weekends.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 06:59

I am disappointed at a few fans' comments that Allan does not appreciate the Support.

In my experience he thanks the fan base after every match and has often expressed surprise at the average attendances.

However,with those gates comes a greater burden of expectation and added pressure.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 07:27

Quote:

Sliema Par, Sun 16 Sep 06:52

I think we need a meeting of the Supporters' Council.

This week last year one was called.

The difference is we had 13 points then.Today we have 4.We had scored 18 goals then to 5 now.

We had Joe Cardle on 9 goals and players the calibre of Nat Wedderburn and Jean Yves MvOto.

I am not suggesting a rammy.Our Gate, yesterday, on a mild day, was down 11% on a fortnight ago and has nothing to do with the away support which,as ever,was derisory.Attendances are our life blood.

Ross is the most transparent Chairman our Club has ever had.Allan is as pleasant and approachable a Pars Manager as I have met.These meetings are intelligent,articulate and well meaning.

But one is needed now.

The same Wedderburn that is largely ineffective in league 1, the same M’Voto who is still without a club and the same Cardle playing national league?

I’m struggling to find anyone who doesn’t agree (except you) that our squad of players are talented and stronger than last year. Granted there’s an issue somewhere and it may be a management issue? This squad which performed so well in the Bet Fred games, Hearts, Tannadice etc haven’t turned into bad players.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 07:41

With players the calibre of FEB,Craigen,Beadling,the Longridges,Vincent,Martin,Williamson,Higgy,Robinson,etc no one disputes the fact we have a talented squad.

They have yet to gel and,yes,the Hearts performance was superb.These are early days.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yvb-par  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 08:17

Far from it to be pitch forks and torches meeting. When I was involved in setting up the meetings their was a September meeting. We now have a SLO whom I think is chairing the agenda meetings, maybe others who are still involved can confirm?

I personally think a meeting should go ahead and one might well be being planned right now. There is no way the BOD will ask AJ to attend as they will not want him left out to dry.

These meetings are fantastic and the support from the board is second to none especially with attendance and openness in answering questions.

When is the next meeting planned for?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kaiser Chief  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 08:32

There is usually a Supporters Council meeting September/October. A planning meeting for such is already arranged for next week.
Yvb-par, if you'd still like to be involved in planning this please drop me an email.

Post Edited (Sun 16 Sep 08:43)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 08:41

The fans have a right to hold this meeting and get their concerns heard.

I am bitterly disappointed in the way we conduct our transfer business. Calum Morris and Nicky Clark should have had their contract offers on the table in January. The amateur dealings have hurt us yet again.

Jo Cardle is still head and shoulders above hippolyte. The national league has some decent football players in it. Super Jo got man of the match yesterday. The lad was gutted when we didn’t offer him another year at the club.

The clock is clicking down on AJ. There needs to be a marked improvement over the next couple of matches. Falkirk match only a couple of weeks away.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yvb-par  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 08:50

Good news Kaiser Cheif, kind of thought that one would be in the process of being arranged.

I would imagine that there will be a good attendance at the next one.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: halbe  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 09:02

“I’m struggling to find anyone who doesn’t agree (except you) that our squad of players are talented and stronger than last year”.

Don’t think you’ve looked very hard - did you watch that yesterday? Morris , Aird, Cardle, Mcmanus, Clark would walk into that team and need a bit of convincing that Wedderburn and wouldn’t do the same. Stronger than last year … never!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 09:09

JamesAndrew74: Joe Cardle,Nat Wedderburn and big Jean were head and shoulders above three players in our team yesterday.

The fans around me in the SW Stand,clearly,agreed.

Where are you looking?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 09:11

"Calum Morris and Nicky Clark should have had their contract offers on the table in January"

which they wouldn't have signed even if it was before January so that is irrelevant imo, however those two are the biggest misses in this squad.

"With players the calibre of FEB,Craigen,Beadling,the Longridges,Vincent,Martin,Williamson,Higgy,Robinson,etc no one disputes the fact we have a talented squad"

players in there that replaced Wedderburn and Cardle…..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 09:16

Have to say that from what I've seen, this squad is no better than the one we had.

The Hearts and Dundee United games apart, they have not done any more than our former squad woold have done.

There may be potential, but it better transform into reality soon before we get stuck at te wrong end of this league.

Don't think a meeting will resolve anything though as there is not the will to see some drastic action taken. Nobody wants to offend anybody else and so they tone down the questions and just acquiesce to whatever answers are given.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 09:17

The player who replaced Joe Cardle is not.....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJTRUPAR  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 10:50

Who replaced Cardle?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 16 Sep 20:29

Ask AJ at the next meeting.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 01:00

Interesting that when or if said meeting is called 90 % of those wanting it will not be there

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 09:09

"The fans have a right to hold this meeting and get their concerns heard."

with all due respect to the supporters council getting Boaby the barman or old Doad from the council who both "had trials" in their youth back in the 60s/70s asking the manager of a professional football club why the goalkeeper keeps kicking the ball to the best header of a ball we have on the park is just an absolute embarrassment.

Have been to a few of the meetings and there is much more good than bad in them. The behind the scenes view you get on whats happening with sports fitness co-ordinator etc as well as what GG and the team do with schools engagement is excellent but the manager Q+A piece is always one where you watch with hands over your eyes. Armchair mourinhos who base what they read on here as fact and challenge the manager on it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 09:30

I can imagine. They are embarrassing enough on here. Mind you its mostly misguided passion and hot air. Most of them don't have the baws to confront AJ personally. They know they would get their totties if they did.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 10:28

AJ couldn't give my bairns their totties.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tribbiani  
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 10:36

Quote:

PARrot, Mon 17 Sep 09:30

I can imagine. They are embarrassing enough on here. Mind you its mostly misguided passion and hot air. Most of them don't have the baws to confront AJ personally. They know they would get their totties if they did.

I think you're talking about a different AJ...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 12:18

Pfffftttt! If the are your bairns they"ve had their chips. ;)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 16:04

My bairns are grown up adults now and don't follow football.

The grandchildren are Pars fans though and they don't get much chance to follow football either lol.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 16:13

Ah now, what you actually meant to say there is your kids don't watch football because they are grown up adults.

Yep. I get it ;)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LesliePar  
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 16:14

"I am bitterly disappointed in the way we conduct our transfer business. Calum Morris and Nicky Clark should have had their contract offers on the table in January. The amateur dealings have hurt us yet again."

How do you know they weren't?

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swisspar  
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 19:51

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Mon 17 Sep 01:00

Interesting that when or if said meeting is called 90 % of those wanting it will not be there

Correct.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 Sep 07:43

The point has been made that these meetings do not feature "pitch forks and torches".

Ross and the Board are always responsive to those who attend.

If those who hide anonymously behind their keyboards choose not to attend, they are as disenfranchised as those who do not vote, then moan at a General Election result.

All questions, in my experience, get answered even if they are distinctly uncomfortable or awkward.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Oct 07:55

A fortnight has passed since we were assured a planning meeting was in place.

Many would like to hear the Board view of the seemingly poor Championship TV deal.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 5 Oct 08:41

Quote:

Sliema Par, Fri 5 Oct 07:55

A fortnight has passed since we were assured a planning meeting was in place.

Many would like to hear the Board view of the seemingly poor Championship TV deal.

A meeting is planned in the next month or so. Drew will have to liaise with the rest of the BoD and others to come up with a date. Probably early November. The point was made that it's usually held on a Thursday evening which doesn't suit everyone, so that may change.

An agenda has been agreed, but if anyone has a burning question they want the club to address, they will have an opportunity to ask it.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Fri 5 Oct 09:15

Also looking at some tweaks to format in order to encourage participation in the meeting, and get better feedback on a range of topics.

I'm sure an announcement will be made soon.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 5 Oct 09:48

"If those who hide anonymously behind their keyboards choose not to attend, they are as disenfranchised as those who do not vote, then moan at a General Election result."

Disenfranchised ?

From what exactly ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Oct 10:08

There must be a lot of people who cannot attend for a variety of reasons.

If even 10% of the fans turned up, obviously the venue would be far too small, so there is a physical limit.

But not attending does not mean that anyone should not hold opinions and feelings if they would like to question things relating to the club, far less be disenfranchised, which as vee asks, from what.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Fri 5 Oct 15:13

"There must be a lot of people who cannot attend for a variety of reasons."

That is obviously true. Some posters on here don't live near Dunfermline or on any particular evening are perhaps ill, working or on holiday.

I think on a couple of occasions we have had just over 100 fans present, most times there are 60-80 in attendance.

There are perhaps 3000 people who regularly attend matches to support DAFC, so it's easy arithmetic to see that the overwhelming majority of Pars fans don't think it worthwhile or important to attend the Supporters' Council.

That's a pity, as the Supporters' Council is built into the club's governance procedures, with the purpose that fans can give their opinions and feelings directly to the Board and get an immediate response. However, even some of those who do attend are reluctant to take that opportunity in a large gathering, while others are very vocal and dominate the questioning.

We hope the format for the next SC meeting will address these issues, but it takes a bit of planning and co-ordination of Board members' diaries. Just as importantly, it will need a lot of fans to turn up and participate - so as soon as a date is announced please get it in your diary and plan to attend (if you can, of course!)

Support Pars United (costs you nothing) when you shop online with 3100 retailers and insurance firms etc, including Argos, Amazon, John Lewis, Tesco, LV=, O2 etc.
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/parsalive
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Oct 16:11

Where would it be held, if say 3-400 did think it worthwhile and wanted to attend?

Unlikely, but just asking, as one of the meetings I was at, there were people standing at the back, which for us old guys is not too comfortable for two hours.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Fri 5 Oct 18:38

First point is that there shouldn't have been a need to stand at the back. I'm pretty sure that at every meeting I've been at there have been empty seats at the front - if not then that was a failure on the night by those of us responsible for managing the meeting, as it should have been possible to (a) move the top table and speakers further back in the room, and (b) brought in more seats.

If it looked likely that a huge crowd was going to turn up (this would probably become clear if the Purvis Suite was filling up well before the start time) then I guess the above option could be taken, followed by standing room** in the corridor at the hospitality suites.

**For those who want a "safe standing" area at EEP .... :)

Sadly, I think it's unlikely - even in the days of financial crisis when the very existence of DAFC was at stake, there were no more than a couple of hundred fans who attended the meetings - although many more put their hands in their pockets and donated money to save the club. Even much larger clubs than DAFC, with long-established supporter councils, parliaments etc, struggle to attract more than a small percentage fans to become involved other than on matchdays.

Support Pars United (costs you nothing) when you shop online with 3100 retailers and insurance firms etc, including Argos, Amazon, John Lewis, Tesco, LV=, O2 etc.
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/parsalive
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 17 Oct 07:28

Gosh,it is taking a lot of planning..........
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 17 Oct 08:56

Thanks for the reply from Stanza.

Only asked, because, the fans are often urged to turn up and raise pertinent questions.

The last time hundreds of fans gathered at East End to raise issues, was in protest and we certainly don't want that again.

Any word on dates for the next meeting?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Wed 17 Oct 10:47

Quote:

Sliema Par, Wed 17 Oct 07:28

Gosh,it is taking a lot of planning..........

Think they are waiting on some input from you to help with the planning or you could just keep on sniping from the sidelines

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 17 Oct 11:03

It was a bit of devilment; not sniping.

The Supporters' Council meetings are excellent and superbly organised.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 17 Oct 12:25

few points about the numbers of people attending. The key thing for me and as i had raised before is the demographic of people attending. Most 40+ with a handful of guys mid 20s upwards. the disengagement or disinterest in such events from a large % of our support should be alarming.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steviethepar  
Date:   Wed 17 Oct 19:00

Think I prefers the days when we protested outside the main stand after one to many p@&h result
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: