DAFC.net
Home 20 October 2018 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Happy enough
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Sun 30 Sep 07:05

I'm happy enough to believe that we may be on to the start of our league campaign now. It wasn't the best of performances on Friday night, but the job was done, the three points were collected, and our teams confidence will surely have been lifted.

If we can get the three points in our next game we will hopefully go on a run of good performances and points.

AJ appears to be finding a non losing formula that we can only hope has now turned into winning one, even if we still performed poorly.

This could well be our league season starting now folks.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Happy enough
Topic Originator: chewie  
Date:   Sun 30 Sep 09:00

Don't think so. Defence has tightened up but we are still bottom 3 or 4 in this table for a while to come I think. Last 3 games we have played 2 teams as bad as us and one who has lost all their games away from home. We are where we are, no point being too down after a defeat nor too excited after a win. It's just dull.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sun 30 Sep 09:48

With the greatest of respect that's what happens in a league. The games we have in this run of 3 or 4 games are the games against sides who've had a relatively poor start like ourselves.

A win and Saturday and it's highly likely the way the fixtures pan out next weekend that we'll be out the bottom 4 and then we've got another game at home to QoS which if we can collect another 3 points will more than likely leave us just outside the play offs.

I won't be piling cash on us over the next two games but there's room for a bit of optimism if we're starting to keep more clean sheets.

Post Edited (Sun 30 Sep 10:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Sun 30 Sep 09:57

Having averaged losing 3 goals a game for the first 4 games, yes we do look better now. Not convinced we will be in a playoff spot by the end but I am feeling more confident we will not be in the bottom 2.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sun 30 Sep 10:27

Thanks for the optimism and positivity Worst. I believe once we get Ryan back at right back, Craigan in midfiield with Beadling Martin and Vincent , (Thomson etc) we will have a formidable engine room to get the balls quickly forward to the strkers. Also, Aidan and Loui playing a bit wider, yes we have the players to do this and I can foresee us picking up by Christmas. Cheers.

Post Edited (Sun 30 Sep 10:39)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 30 Sep 10:36

We are much better defensively but bar a defensive mistake it would have been another 0-0. Partick were not much better than Alloa.

We have so little going forward and we seem to have everyone out of form. Our tactics are wrong for the players we have.

It might get better once Martin, beadling and muirhead are fully fit.....it will need to.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: obiwanyouknowme  
Date:   Sun 30 Sep 11:00

We are 8 points behind Ayr and I’m no sure that they can sustain that form as the season goes on.

To have as bad a start as we have and to be only 6 points behind the title favourites Ross County ain’t great but it ain’t bad.

Was the lucky break for our goal on Friday the kick start we needed.

I hope so
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 30 Sep 11:08

We need to start scoring goals... and a hell of a lot of them.

Currently, after just seven games, teams like QOS, Ayr and Ross County have +12, +13 and +14 goal differences on us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 30 Sep 11:42

"Currently, after just seven games, teams like QOS, Ayr and Ross County have +12, +13 and +14 goal differences on us."

Doesn't help when you have the worst equal goals against in the league - same as the bottom club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 30 Sep 13:52

Quote:

Berkey, Sun 30 Sep 10:36

We are much better defensively but bar a defensive mistake it would have been another 0-0. Partick were not much better than Alloa.

We have so little going forward and we seem to have everyone out of form. Our tactics are wrong for the players we have.

It might get better once Martin, beadling and muirhead are fully fit.....it will need to.

And bar an unfortunate mistake we would have had 2 more points at Morton.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Sep 14:08

Quote:

chewie, Sun 30 Sep 09:00

Don't think so. Defence has tightened up but we are still bottom 3 or 4 in this table for a while to come I think. Last 3 games we have played 2 teams as bad as us and one who has lost all their games away from home. We are where we are, no point being too down after a defeat nor too excited after a win. It's just dull.

The other way of looking at that is. The higher up teams played the lower teams before we did so got points before we did and pulled away.
We played the poorer team and got points to close the gap a bit.
Top 4 play each other next round and we have the bottom team , who they have all already played.

The gap may close a bit more.

I'm sure we will do better against teams above us in the next quarter.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 30 Sep 14:27

I am much more optimistic now for much the same reasons as Steau outlines.

We will have the established back four once Ryan returns.

That will allow James Craigen to rejoin the engine room of Tom Beadling,Malaury Martin,and James Vincent.

Up front we have AndyRyan,FEB with Louis Longridge,with Robbie Muirhead fit again and offering something different.

Malaury,Tom and Robbie are quality.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 30 Sep 14:45

It was pretty average on Friday night but we dug a win out and in this league I'll settle for that. Ayr and Ross County are riding high but they'll hit a sticky spell at some point. Just need to stay in touch for now

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Sun 30 Sep 20:26

Re the calls for Williamson to return. Why tamper with a defence that has been tighter than a ducks a*** for 4 games. If you also take into account the fact that Craigen was right back at Tannadice, can you not build a strong case for saying that we're better when he's our right back?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Sep 21:09

Absolutely Craigen stays right back.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Sep 21:24

I agree with parrot.
Fridays starting line up should be allowed to grow together. Let's see where they can take us.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: chewie  
Date:   Sun 30 Sep 21:46

There is no problem at the back. Conceded 1 goal in 4 games and that was a goalie error. Ryan and Devine will need to wait for their chance to get back in.

The problem is further up the park. There are no chances being created and we lack a cutting edge.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 30 Sep 22:07

I'm very happy with, now that we've closed the gap on some of our rivals.

Looking forward to the next two games, after which we could be in the top four, maybe even third.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 30 Sep 22:15

Tightened up the defence admirably , creating chances that are not being taken will be our undoing

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Sep 22:23

A big test for our defence, could be how we cope with Dobbie, if he plays as we know he can.
May need to put someone tight marking on him as he does do a bit of switching from side to side, looking to create openings.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Sep 22:27

Isn't this what we have been saying for ages. We need a quality right back to let Ryan go on his runs. How does it work if Ryan plays a bit further forward?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sun 30 Sep 22:59

Exactly. Like he does for Scotland u21s
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 30 Sep 23:02

If Tom Beadling is fit, perhaps he should get a gig in front of the back four man-marking Dobbie. We will certainly need someone strong and pacey to keep the QOS striker well pinned down.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sun 30 Sep 23:04

Double up on him and stop his supply. Seen it done so many times on our better players.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Oct 07:59

Topic Originator: OzPar like | nolike
Date: Sun 30 Sep 23:02

If Tom Beadling is fit, perhaps he should get a gig in front of the back four man-marking Dobbie. We will certainly need someone strong and pacey to keep the QOS striker well pinned down.

-----
But who would you drop though, Oz? Vincent and Martin did a good job on Friday night, and IMO, they will improve given more game time together.
It's not an easy decision to make, but I think Fass needs benched to try a different pairing up front. Is the laddie Muirhead fit yet?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 1 Oct 09:10

"And bar an unfortunate mistake we would have had 2 more points at Morton."

Not Nitpicking PARrot but think that evened itself out pretty quickly with the goal we got on friday night. Our goal was very fortunate and only after we hit the net did we look to have any real belief going forwards.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Oct 09:23

Oh stop being negative. Do the Monty Python thing on the cross lol.
Reality is, we're not playing well and need any breaks we can get.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Oct 10:16

Quote:

Playup_Pompey, Mon 1 Oct 09:10

"And bar an unfortunate mistake we would have had 2 more points at Morton."

Not Nitpicking PARrot but think that evened itself out pretty quickly with the goal we got on friday night. Our goal was very fortunate and only after we hit the net did we look to have any real belief going forwards.

Yes i know. My comment was to balance a previous comment saying we only got 3 points because of an error.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Mon 1 Oct 10:37

If it was me I would put Craigen against Dobbie
He did a great job in the role of marking Naismith in the hearts game snuffed him out the game ,
so if everyone is worried about Dobbie thats the way to go
but it would be better to stop whoever is supplying Dobbie if he doesnt get the service of good balls into him he cannot score ,
would also like to see us adopt the tactic Livi used against the Gers
Get right in their faces and stop them playing
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 1 Oct 10:47

Why are we obsessing about Dobbie? We don't play QoS until the 20th and, anyway, we've played them a few times when he's been pretty anonymous.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Mon 1 Oct 10:48

The football recently has been dire,lets hope that’s the break we need to kick on.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: polski par  
Date:   Mon 1 Oct 10:52

wulliepar has got it spot on.craigans man marking of naismith was something to behold(even if i was sitting there telling everyone thomson was doing a wonderful job)anyone else get them mixed up?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Oct 18:52

As much as I rate Williamson he shouldn't walk back into the starting line up. Our defence is keeping clean sheets right now, so I say leave it alone.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: