DAFC.net
Home 20 October 2018 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Falkirk game.
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 09:08

After our improved performance and yet another clean sheet on Friday I think we'll get a result on Saturday.
There was a marked improvement in our attacking prowess on Friday, and after getting the win I feel our teams confidence will be far higher. Add the Longridge bros getting into the game this time (IMO, they were both way under par on Friday) and I think we'll be strong enough to bring the three points back to Fife.

If we win this game I'm sure it'll mark the start of a good haul of points for us, and we'll start climbing the table.

Anyone else feeling more positive about this game/season?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk game.
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 09:34

Really just a bit dull watching Pars at the moment and I finding it a bit of chore going to games in all honesty.

I think we will get better though. Still think we can get a promotion play-off place this season but not near good enough to win the league. I would easily take that now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 10:14

It has been dull at a few games but the gradual improvement has my interest.
Saturday could be a decent step forward as we finally start to climb back up the table, or a huge disappointment if we lose.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 10:32

I thought the improvement came in the last 10 minutes but apart from that it was dire stuff from the two teams again.
Whilst the in last 10 we played better we rode our luck in that period as well.
I'm surprised by a few teams in the Championship this year I thought they'd be better, Morton,Partick,Falkirk,Utd and Alloa all look very ordinary.
There's play off spots to be won for sure if we can up our game.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 10:47

We have improved gradually over the last 3 games I would say. It didn't show in the first 75 against Partick, but once we got the goal the nerves went and we played with more confidence.
Lets hope we can carry that forward.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 10:52

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Tue 2 Oct 10:32

I thought the improvement came in the last 10 minutes but apart from that it was dire stuff from the two teams again.
Whilst the in last 10 we played better we rode our luck in that period as well.
I'm surprised by a few teams in the Championship this year I thought they'd be better, Morton,Partick,Falkirk,Utd and Alloa all look very ordinary.
There's play off spots to be won for sure if we can up our game.

Westy can you not see that because we are all a similar standard we kinda nullify each other. Shankland and Dobbie seem to make a diff with a bit of flair. Other than that its stalemate in most cases.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 10:58

Any player in a Dunfermline jersey who needs to be motivated for a Falkirk game is in the wrong sport!

We have lost 1 goal in 4 games compared to 12 in 4 games just one month ago.

We will soon have the entire engine room available with James Craigen,Tom Beadling ,James Vincent and Malaury Martin.

With Ryan back ,the back four now picks itself.

Up front ;with Andy complementing FEB ,and with Louis offering an endless supply of accurate defence splitting English style crosses ;is taking shape too.A fit again Robbie will add something else.

In 2018 our squad has changed a lot but AJ and Sandy ,clearly, know the strongest starting eleven now.It is not just "Strictly" which removes the deadwood in October.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 11:33

Improved performance on Friday ?

We were very poor until the gift goal.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 11:41

You watch something completely different to me Sliema.

Happy to write off Thomson and Hippo as deadwood but full faith in Andy Ryan and Muirhead?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I was in World War Two they'd call me spitfire
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bencrawfordd  
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 12:03

What is an English style cross in comparison to a Scottish one?

Pars Review: http://www.parsreview.org
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1BVIChsK6v-iTyJnKNf7Eg
Pars Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thedunfermlineway/
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 12:25

I was wondering about that too, Ben!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 12:40

Presumably an English style cross is one that goes horizontally across the pitch at the goal-line, whereas a Scottish style one is more diagonal, angled more towards the penalty spot?

Support Pars United (costs you nothing) when you shop online with 3100 retailers and insurance firms etc, including Argos, Amazon, John Lewis, Tesco, LV=, O2 etc.
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/parsalive
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 12:43

Scottish one never gets past the first man it seems.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 13:18

Quote:

veteraneastender, Tue 2 Oct 11:33

It was an improvement on shipping several goals

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 13:50

Topic Originator: veteraneastender like | nolike
Date: Tue 2 Oct 11:33

------

You don't feel we improved at all then?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 13:59

Friday showed the difference that getting the first goal makes - something we have failed to do for the majority of the league season.

We were, Martin aside, absolutely brutal in possession for the first 3/4 of the match. We get an absolute freak of a goal and suddenly the players begin to combine well, Louis Longridge finds some space and becomes a football player again, the movement of the whole side improves and everyone looks like they want the ball.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Edited (Tue 02 Oct 14:00)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 14:05

^^^^ so an improvement then?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 14:12

I wasn't at the Morton game. I've no idea if it was an improvement.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 14:23

It was.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 14:27

The last 15 minutes was a huge improvement. The teams confidence rocketed and we should have got atleast another one. Play like that on Saturday and we’ll win by atleast 2.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 15:41

Well I hope we win..obviously but if the confidence is fragile and we go a goal down? Then I suppose we will see what they are made of.

AJ won’t make many changes, if any.

I really want to see Muirhead and Mcann together. It won’t be on Sat though.

I would take a point now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 15:54

We should continue our 'improvement' and win a close fought game.

Top four beckons.

Unfortunately I can't make the game due to other commitments, golf in morning, closing bowls in afternoon and function, later and into evening.

Will keep tuned into the internet for scores to get a boost after I lose at the golf as per.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 17:09

You just can't help yourself can you "mach1"?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 18:28

I'm sure he'll be giving us his thoughts on Saturday night/Sunday.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 19:55

you can't really blame mach1, or anyone for being a bit sceptical after Friday, or even cynical about how our team is performing.
The team has hardly given us reason to think that our last win was anything more than a flash in the pan, and we could easily come apart like a cheap watch on Saturday. We collapsed right after a performance against hearts that had us all bursting with pride in our lads, and have huffed and puffed ourselves back to what many of us feel is an improved performance on Friday.
Mach1, and many others may feel differently if we win away to falkirk, but I personally don't blame some for still doubting that we could be getting our mojo back.

The expectations of the fans must put huge amounts of pressure on the players, and they still managed to grind out a result in a very quiet EEP. Our fans love a game in Falkirk and the atmosphere we create there and in Kirkcaldy is totally different from any other away ground we visit. With the fans singing their lungs out and our very slight upturn in performances, could well give us the result we need to start our ascent back up the league.

This weekends game is feckin massive for DAFC, and I really believe we'll win it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 20:11

"It was."

If you mean the performance was an improvement on the Morton game then I can't agree. For about an hour in the Morton game we passed it around well and looked OK. Once we scored Morton started to take control but I'd say overall the performance at Cappilow was better than that against Partick, which was only really passable for about 10 minutes.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 20:26

Quote:

kelty_par, Tue 2 Oct 20:11

"It was."

If you mean the performance was an improvement on the Morton game then I can't agree. For about an hour in the Morton game we passed it around well and looked OK. Once we scored Morton started to take control but I'd say overall the performance at Cappilow was better than that against Partick, which was only really passable for about 10 minutes.

Yes I read that wrong. I thought he meant was the Morton game an improvement.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 20:33

An English style cross is one that lots of people think is good but it’s actually crap
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 20:57

It has nothing to do with the respective flags.

I have noticed,on the rare occasions I watch a match in England(Portsmouth before you ask) ,there is a far greater tendency to whip in a fast low cross.

The benefit beng that either it hits someone and you get a corner.Or a striker meets it and slams it home.

Louis Longridge,for example, did this repeatedly v Partick Th but the man most likely to get on the end of one was Andy ,and he was Subbed.

Watching "MOTD"it is common in the Premier League too.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 21:48

"Topic Originator: da_no_1 like | nolike
Date: Tue 2 Oct 17:09

You just can't help yourself can you "mach1"? "

The irony here is unbelievable.

Between yourself and wee eck, you are unbelievably sensitive to what I post.

Chill out and just accept the opinions of others. It's only a game.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 23:10

Why the need to add inverted commas to improvement?

Were we better on Friday night than recently? Your post suggests you think not. Why not just say so.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Oct 23:19

''Between yourself and wee eck, you are unbelievably sensitive to what I post.''

What an honour - a mention in a mach1 post. Enjoy yourself at the golf and bowls on Saturday. I'll be supporting the Pars.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Wed 3 Oct 01:41

I think I speak for most of us as to where and why the sudden loss of confidence came from when we started the season with an absolute bang.

I don't have the answers to that but admit I was concerned Higgy getting dropped due to his suspension and subsequent victory was a factor for me.

I've backed AJ's strategy of keeping a winning team mostly but I thought he should have ditched it this season.
Higgy and Williamson have a great partnership and these things are so important in football.
Andy Ryan has also been incredibly short changed due to this strategy the last year or so.
He deserves a good run in the team without question.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Wed 3 Oct 08:01

Motivation for Saturday?

Release the bats.

Cue : Ride of the Valkyries.

Its Falkirk...........

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Oct 08:12

I will enjoy those things wee eck and I will as always be supporting the Pars.
Not of course, with my presence at the game.

But sometimes it's good to have other interests in life.

For da_no_1, the inverted commas were indeed to indicate that overall I did not think last Friday's performance was any better than e g. the Alloa game.
The result was and hopefully will give us a boost going forward.

It may not sit well with some, but I am always able to distinguish between performance and result.
As I've said earlier, I really enjoyed the way we played against Hearts, even though we lost the game.

On to victory at Falkirk I hope.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Oct 09:18

I was going to say it wasn't an improvement on the Alloa match but the last 3 have been better than the games prior to them.
It was an improvement though.
Against Alloa we didn't have the last 15 mins.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Oct 10:37

Yes. there was a season where MAN U won the league thanks to a number of one goal wins, mainly down to Cantona.

I would really like us to win all our games 1-0 and win promotion that way. Naturally, I'd prefer more goals, but it is results that bring success.

Note: No inverted commas this time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Wed 3 Oct 11:19

Couldn't make the Morton game , but from what I heard from mates who were at both Morton and the Patrick game . There was no improvement from the Saturday to the Friday .
I was at the Patrick game and we were pihs for abt 80 mins but got a result .
Eck , Parrot etc . I wish you would stop jumping ap and down like little Hitler's telling us what we should or should not post .
We've been overwhelmingly crap this season so far but there's time to to turn it around , and I'll be happy to join your wee "everything's lovely " band if we do .
Precious little sign of that happening tho .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Oct 11:39

"You don't feel we improved at all then?"

If Friday was an improvement on the Morton game then we must have been totally and absolutely gash at Greenock.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Oct 13:06

I'm sure PARrot can speak for himself, but I've never told anyone what to post. However, to say 'we've been overwhelmingly crap this season so far' ignores the fact that we won our League Cup section, went toe to toe with Hearts and won at Tannadice after going a goal down. The loss of that early season form is what makes the recent run disappointing.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but much of the criticism on here is way over the top and not always based on the facts.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Oct 13:11

Quote:

veteraneastender, Wed 3 Oct 11:39

"You don't feel we improved at all then?"

If Friday was an improvement on the Morton game then we must have been totally and absolutely gash at Greenock.

Apologies. The last game i attended was Alloa which was awful. I think we were a lot better on Friday night against arguably stronger opposition.

Happy to help

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Wed 3 Oct 13:46

Played better at Morton than on Friday however that might simply be the level of the teams, Morton look very poor.
In the Morton game we were very comfortable, we created a few half chances for Ryan and had the majority of play. On Friday we created very little in the first 80 then had to ride our luck late on to hang on to the 3 points.
The reserve win for all its worth is a sign that there is some needed competition for places, Saturday team selection really ought to see some changes.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Oct 16:25

Quote:

Parsweep, Wed 3 Oct 11:19

Couldn't make the Morton game , but from what I heard from mates who were at both Morton and the Patrick game . There was no improvement from the Saturday to the Friday .
I was at the Patrick game and we were pihs for abt 80 mins but got a result .
Eck , Parrot etc . I wish you would stop jumping ap and down like little Hitler's telling us what we should or should not post .
We've been overwhelmingly crap this season so far but there's time to to turn it around , and I'll be happy to join your wee "everything's lovely " band if we do .
Precious little sign of that happening tho .

Never told anyone what they can or cannot post.
I will respond when I disagree with a post.
Only ever jump up and down when the Pars score or I need a pihs.
I am telling you now though, I object to being called a little Hitler and I am telling you this time not to post carp like this.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Oct 17:46

"I am telling you now though, I object to being called a little Hitler and I am telling you this time not to post carp like this."

Sounds a bit fishy to me !!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Wed 3 Oct 17:48

Oh for cod sake min!!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The-Pars  
Date:   Wed 3 Oct 18:03

Anyone know the prices?

Super Joe
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 3 Oct 18:05

£20

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Oct 19:33

£20 for a carp?

Lets no be Koi about this.

That's a Whale o a price for a carp!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Oct 22:59

There must be a batter plaice for this kind of post.

The thread is breaming with so many fish, there is quite a tench, but I don't want to sound too crabby.

Any more for any more?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Oct 00:01

This thread is Bowfin 😂

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Oct 00:12

I'm just sitting on ma perch saying nothing smart in case i make anenome.

Yes I do know btw!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Oct 00:14

https://youtu.be/xL7xt53rEBE

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Oct 09:21

Now that the fishyness has floundered a bit, who fancies predicting the score for this game?
I think we'll win 0-2.

Anyone else?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Oct 09:27

0_1, but 1_1 if Bauben plays.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Oct 10:08

Quote:

WORST, Thu 4 Oct 09:21

Now that the fishyness has floundered a bit, who fancies predicting the score for this game?
I think we'll win 0-2.

Anyone else?

If you have a better fish pun... Just let minnow 😏

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Oct 10:56

Ok now you are just taking the pesce.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Oct 10:58

You pair are talking utter fish.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 4 Oct 11:27

Hopefully sting Ray Mckinnons's momentum. It's a shame Cammy Gill isn't likely to play. I heard Sammy the Tammy is travelling with the team so if things aren't going well we can bring Salmon.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Oct 11:28

Ach it's nearing the weekend min so I thought I'd clownfish around a wee bit😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: StuPar82  
Date:   Thu 4 Oct 15:41

I feel this game is the proverbial six-pointer for us on Saturday and could be pivotal in how our season pans out from here.

Whilst we cannot slip further down the table on Saturday, a Falkirk win would bring them within two points of us. If both Falkirk and Alloa were to win then we’re just two points from the bottom. Conversely, if we win then, looking at the fixtures, Morton, United, Thistle and Alloa all have tough fixtures (on paper). Potentially we could propel ourselves from eighth to joint-fourth (fifth, technically on goal difference) and in a much healthier position, back to back victories and unbeaten in five (all comps). A win would naturally help build confidence, as would a goal for Faiss or Ryan (or Muirhead, for that matter). A loss would only serve to compound the pressure already on the players and management staff and, if truth be told, the board would surely need to be considering what the next steps are (even if the one they exercise is to give AJ time for now). The subsequent three games are all at home (one cup, two league) which potentially could make EEP a pretty nervy and hostile environment for AJ and the team.

A draw wouldn’t be the end of the world, but equally would do little to alleviate the frustration of the fans.

The defence are looking slightly more robust as a back four unit – Durnan in particular – and evident in the drop in our goals conceded, but we still looking like we’re one pass away from calamity. Ashcroft though looks fragile and I am unsure of whether that’s the captain’s armband weighing him down, loss of confidence or he’s missing Morris’s influence and organisation. It may be coincidence, but we were equally as fragile at the back in the first season back in the Championship until we signed Morris and even though he was rated, I still actually think he was underrated (if that makes sense). Would like to see Williamson back in if fit as he offers another attacking dimension if we can get him forward.

In terms of midfield, hopefully we can look to get Martin on the ball and let him find the right passes. He really was a standout against Partick and looked a class above anyone else on the park. Would be great to see Beadling make an appearance, which I would imagine would come from the bench given he must be some way off match fitness.

If Ryan and Faiss start again then I hope they’ve been working on their understanding on the training ground as they looked like two left feet last Friday. Faiss is still the most natural technician I can remember seeing at EEP, but we either seem to be playing long, high balls or he’s having to drop deep to collect and both are rendering him ineffective. Ryan didn’t do too much to impress me last week, but in his defence I don’t remember us getting the ball to him in areas where he can do damage and, similar to Faiss, he’s having to come look for the ball. More composure across the back four and midfield will come with confidence (hopefully) and hopefully that will result in both of them being able to concentrate on finding space in the box to accept a pass than having to go source it themselves.

All fingers crossed for Sat, sure the players and fans on both sides will be well fired up for it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Thu 4 Oct 15:48

Agree StuPar. It's a pivotal game at this early stage of the season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Inchkeithpar  
Date:   Thu 4 Oct 16:51

Is it PATG or ticket only ? Also what’s adult and concession prices
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Oct 16:52

Quote:

StuPar82, Thu 4 Oct 15:41

I feel this game is the proverbial six-pointer for us on Saturday and could be pivotal........

Best read I've had on here for ages.
Well balanced informative.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Oct 16:53

If you think about it, all games are 'six-pointers'.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Oct 19:34

To be really pedantic, they are only six pointers if they finish with a winning team. :)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: StuPar82  
Date:   Thu 4 Oct 21:07

Quote:

WORST, Thu 04 Oct 19:34

To be really pedantic, they are only six pointers if they finish with a winning team. :)

It’s a prospective term, Stevie, based on the potential swing of six points (i.e. Dunfermline could be eight points ahead best case or two points ahead worst case). The result doesn’t actually result in a six point benefit or loss regardless of win, loss or draw.

Post Edited (Thu 04 Oct 21:08)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJTRUPAR  
Date:   Fri 5 Oct 07:01

Any word yet on a cash gate?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Oct 08:43

Its is stated on the notice board outside the ground the you can PATG. They alway have PATG for our games.

Falkirk fans at work think we are going to pump them tomorrow, I agreed. 😃

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Slevin Kelevra  
Date:   Fri 5 Oct 09:10

How far is higgy from fitness?

We got style and we got grace
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Oct 10:17

Hope you are right WORST, but Falkirk will be looking for a follow up to their only win and with a new manager onboard, I think it will help to make it a close game.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Oct 10:33

As long as it's close in our favour neebs. 👍

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Boston Red Sox  
Date:   Fri 5 Oct 10:56

Anything, as long as it’s in our favour

Same rules apply
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Oct 20:14

Topic Originator: WORST
Date: Thu 4 Oct 09:21

I think we'll win 0-2.

Anyone else?

--------

Called it 😎

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 6 Oct 20:18

Quote:

WORST, Sat 6 Oct 20:14

Topic Originator: WORST
Date: Thu 4 Oct 09:21

I think we'll win 0-2.

Anyone else?

--------

Called it 😎

Nailed it.
Oot the park.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dalgety_Par  
Date:   Sun 7 Oct 08:29

Quote:

Slevin Kelevra, Fri 5 Oct 09:10

Think he's a couple months away

It's common knowledge that Lionel Messi kept a photo of Hamish French by his bedside as inspiration every morning!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sun 7 Oct 08:36

Quote:

Dalgety_Par, Sun 07 Oct 08:29

Quote:

Back for QOTS match, been running since Tuesday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sun 7 Oct 09:16

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Sun 7 Oct 08:36

Quote:

Dalgety_Par, Sun 07 Oct 08:29

Quote:

Back for QOTS match, been running since Tuesday.

Running since Tuesday !?
That's a long time to be running . I hope he's no overdoing it .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: