DAFC.net
Home 10 December 2018 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Messi Masterclass
Topic Originator: WheelKing99  
Date:   Wed 3 Oct 20:43

Absolutely phenomenal performance from Messi in the first half against Spurs. He is the best passer of a ball I’ve ever seen.

Form is temporary, Class is permanent
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Messi Masterclass
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 3 Oct 21:01

Quote:

WheelKing99, Wed 3 Oct 20:43

Absolutely phenomenal performance from Messi in the first half against Spurs. He is the best passer of a ball I’ve ever seen.

You obviously never saw wee Alex Edwards, wheelie.... 😃

I'm watching Napoli v Liverpool. Superb first half, with both teams counter attacking at every opportunity. Napoli unlucky not to be ahead, but Liverpool are playing their part.

Incredibly it's still goalless, the Spurs game appears to be over as a contest.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Oct 21:09

Before my time GG 😂

I’m tempted to switch over to the Liverpool game . I think Spurs might get a goal and turn it back in to a contest so I’ll hang fire.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Oct 21:13

Game on now...

Messi up one end hits the post... Spurs up the other , tidy finish from Kane. Goal

Post Edited (Wed 03 Oct 21:13)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JnrB  
Date:   Wed 3 Oct 21:16

Messi has been unplayable tonight. Absolutely amazing to watch.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Oct 21:17

Messi . There are no words .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Wed 3 Oct 21:34

Too wee and past it imo.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Oct 21:55

And this is a guy that’s not in the top 3 best players in the world . I’m a massive Ronaldo fan because he played for Utd but Messi is miles ahead of him and every one else for that matter.
That’s a fact not an opinion. Stats back it up .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Wed 3 Oct 23:01

He’s the most complete player there has ever been, of that there is no doubt.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 3 Oct 23:21

Makes the game look simple. Streets ahead of Ronaldo. A team player.
A joy to watch tonight

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Thu 4 Oct 00:32

He’s the most complete player there has ever been, of that there is no doubt.

I think there is some doubt, although Messi will be remembered years from now as one of the greatest ever attacking inside forwards. In that respect he needs to be compared with Kempes who played in a similar role, rather than Maradona who was as much a playmaker as a finisher.

But the most complete? Roy Barry, in a fair physical challenge, would have cut Messi in half. A complete player needs to be more than just a sublime artist, so I would I would put the all round genius of di Stefano, ( a great engine and strong tackler) Cryuff (the quickest brain on two legs)and Beckenbauer (grace when attacking and defending) above Messi.

sammer

Post Edited (Thu 04 Oct 00:35)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 4 Oct 01:00

Messi is the standout player of this generation; good though Ronaldo is, he shows too much overt arrogance in comparison with the unassuming Argentinian. And therein is the difference between being simply superb and simply sublime.

The Brazillian Ronaldinho always dazzled me with his ball skills, technical brilliance, general gameplay and his ability to turn a game on its head, but he rarely if ever gets a mention amongst the names above, which I think is a little unfair.

diStefano was a beautiful player to watch - and was the footballing role model of many young lads of my generation - but I think he would struggle with the sheer speed of the game today. I would agree on Cruyff though; he was about as complete as it is possible to be. Summed up in one word: supreme.

Of course, today, neither di Stefano nor Cruyff would be allowed near a football club dressing room as they were both heavy smokers...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Thu 4 Oct 01:31

Ozpar,

I think Brazilian Ronaldo, Pele and Eusebio are the three most explosive attackers I have seen, although the present day Mbappe might soon be at that level.
They were all marvellous instinctive players with terrific speed and shooting power, the kind of players who have the crowd on its feet as they receive the ball.

Maradonna, Messi, Cryuff, Platini, Zidane were all thinking players, capable of the unexpected, but also outstanding team players who could bring others into play. As for di Stefano lacking pace, he was described when in Columbia as 'the fastest thing on two feet' so he had real acceleration along with his razor sharp brain and terrific stamina. In terms of all round player he has to be up there with the best ever.

sammer

Post Edited (Thu 04 Oct 01:35)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 4 Oct 06:11

A few minutes before the end of the Napoli - Liverpool match, I was going to post that it was the best 0-0 draw I'd seen in a long, long time. Lorenzo Insigne then turned in a glorious, richly deserved winner and the fans celebrated in a manner not seen since Alex Edwards rolled in a 90th minute winner v Kilmarnock in a SC quarter final tie at EEP in the mid 60s............ :-)

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Thu 4 Oct 08:22

For all the (deserved) praise Messi is getting, the goal by Rakitic was one of the best volleys I’ve ever seen!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Thu 4 Oct 09:19

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rPi1t_3EHSQ&feature=onebox

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Thu 4 Oct 10:22

Messi was amazing last night but spurs didn't bother at any point to get close enough to him. Spurs paid them far too much respect and backed off.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Thu 4 Oct 12:15

Or not enough respect. They should have had a man following him everywhere. Or 2 or 3 men, not that it would stop him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Thu 4 Oct 13:18

He was a joy to watch, there is very few players I would pay to watch or even look forward to watch but he is one player you never get tired of watching. What is even better out of all the outfield players who played 90 mins, he was about 2km less than every other player as well. Smart as well as gifted.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Thu 4 Oct 19:28

Thanks Stevie - I could watch that Rakitic goal for hours.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: