DAFC.net
Home 13 July 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Are you bovvered ?
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 19:32

I must start by saying I wasn't able to make today's game so it's a lot easier to be philosophical in defeat.

I really can't get worked up about the Irn Bru Cup. In fact, I'm almost glad we're out so there's no longer a chance one of our key players can pick up an injury and AJ and the squad can devote all their attention to the main task of winning promotion. I'd happily throw in an early SC exit in exchange for guaranteed promotion, but would obviously prefer a decent cup run as well.

Is anyone seriously bothered that we were knocked out today? Might have been even better if our reserves had lost in Inverness.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Are you bovvered ?
Topic Originator: Toumba Libre  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 19:45

Obviously want to win every game we are involved in but was over it within about 30 seconds and couldn’t care less now.
Much more important games to worry about and if it means we don’t have a fixture build up and instead have fresher players to concentrate on the league then good.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 19:47

Yes,that was the full team out there diddy cup or not.
beat at home by the mighty Alloa is not good enough.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 19:56

GG Riva making more excuses. We got beat of Alloa with another awful performance but who cares it’s only the diddy cup
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 19:56

Bovvered that our recent improvement has reversed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 19:59

I’m surprised Beadling, Gill, Williamson, Hippo and Muirhead all didn’t start today. It would have been good to see them get a chance in a game we should be winning. This is the only cup we have a realistic chance of winning at the moment, so I’m very disappointed to be knocked out after two much harder ties in the last rounds.

Post Edited (Sat 13 Oct 19:59)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRFC_no1  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 20:01

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 20:01

Can see where you are coming from GG but it is the manner of the defeat and performance which is utmost to loyal Pars fans ......Aye ah was there today and it was not pretty
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 20:16

Williamson is away with the under 21s so there was no way he was ever starting.

I don't think the performance was as bad as some are making out. It was much better than the performance in the 0-0 draw a few weeks ago and was only marred by a couple of individual errors which cost us two goals. We were in control for most of the game and put them under much more pressure than we did a month ago. That's the way I saw it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 20:17

Some of the players who were let go bothered me, and I'm not talking about the ones who signed for our competition. I will not point towards any of the current team, but in my opinion the squad that we won the first division is better than the one that we have now.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 20:23

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Sat 13 Oct 20:17

Some of the players who were let go bothered me, and I'm not talking about the ones who signed for our competition. I will not point towards any of the current team, but in my opinion the squad that we won the first division is better than the one that we have now.

Dont think many will agree

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ReturningParsFan  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 20:23

Personally, this was only my third game of the season and it was one I was sure we would win. The way we lost both goals really annoyed me and I was pretty disgusted when I left the stadium. I was certain we would lose the penalty shoot-out. What worries me is that I have no confidence we'll be good enough to beat QOS and especially United in the next two home games. In answer to your question then, GG, I was and still am very bovvered.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 20:24

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 13 Oct 20:16

Williamson is away with the under 21s so there was no way he was ever starting.

I don't think the performance was as bad as some are making out. It was much better than the performance in the 0-0 draw a few weeks ago and was only marred by a couple of individual errors which cost us two goals. We were in control for most of the game and put them under much more pressure than we did a month ago. That's the way I saw it.

Totally agree. Two errors and a sleepy start. The rest I thought was good.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 20:25

Had it been a squad that had some reverses mixed in I probably wouldn't have been as bothered but that is the second time we've been unable to beat these boys who have their work the following f'ing day with our first team.

Absolutely hammered them all game and their second goal was just a complete embarrassment.

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 20:31

Diddy cup...
Couldn't care less.
That is all 😏

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 20:36

Yes I am bothered, as a fan having traveled to Inverness and Borumwood this season and Buckie last year it would appear I take this cup more seriously than the management.
AJ who is criticised every week for his late substitutions decided to day at 2-1 up that the game was won and time to pretend its a friendly, just as annoying as the team he put out last year against Falkirk.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 20:37

Parsloyal98
your right with what you say but it's not just the 2nd goal we gave away being an embarrassment when it should have been well and truly cleared
apart from the odd occasion when we have looked okay in games it pains me to say since our win against Dundee United our team has been totally embarrassing to watch too many individual errors , we don't see any other teams making the same mistakes week in and week out !!
We should be beating teams like Alloa week in and week out but its not happening
and apart from a lucky win against a Poor Partick team which is our only win at home in the league campaign we are absolutely dire and i think its enough said
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bod1004  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 20:46

I just think we are a mid table team at best, we have a forwards that are no way going to score enough goals to get us in a play off / top off the league, the midfield cannot create, and when we do cross it, nobody in box to attempt to score, the next 2 games are going to be a struggle me thinks
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 20:50

we have forwards that couldn't score in a brothel
hope i am proved wrong but just now it doesn't look like it
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 21:01

We've scored four in the last two games, wullie.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 21:05

Not bothered about being out of this cup competition. Bothered by yet another inept performance.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 21:11

yes 4 goals in the last 2 games Eck I cannot disagree with the facts
but how many goals should we have scored ??
we have missed a few good chances of late and that is the difference between a win and a Loss
always hoping it will come good Eck
With my comments i was pointing out right now we do not have out and out prolific strikers who can see us over the line when required
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WheelKing99  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 21:30

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parbucks  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 21:34

Bovvered?

Yes. We should be winning games like this at home even in the diddy cup.

Look at our home record so far this season.

If you don’t get the points at home in the league forget any thoughts of promotion or even contention.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 21:41

Bothers me. Only because I wanted a good away trip in the next round though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad123  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 21:45

I think we need to look at the bigger picture here.

Before a ball was kicked this season, I personally thought we were weaker on paper than we were at the end of last season. I thought Morris was going to be a huge blow and I thought losing Clark was equally as damaging. Say what you want about their weaknesses but they are quality players at this level and the players we have brought in to replace them are not close enough to their ability levels.

The Betfred Cup games were encouraging, especially the win up at Dundee where we performed admirably in the new look 3-5-2 formation. J Longridge in particular excelled in that position, and we looked very creative going forward and relatively organised defensively. Then there was the first league game at Tannadice. A great team performance, going in at half time 1-0 down against the run of play, we turned the game on its head and fought back and in the end, we should’ve won by more than one clear goal. That score line flattered Utd.

Ever since that game, Hearts aside, we’ve looked like a completely different team. Lacking in confidence, shape, concentration and the fundamentals of basic passing and moving.

I can’t pinpoint a specific moment or turning point as such. Did we just peak very early? Did we just play really well and the wins developed confidence further? I’m not so sure - but in my opinion - we just aren’t good enough in certain areas and that is the real reason behind our recent form.

I always thought Ashcroft looked a far more composed player beside Morris and even when he would make an error, the pace of Morris would be able to recover it. Therefore you would think the obvious thing to the manager would be to obtain a centre half with decent legs to compensate for the lack of pace of Ashcroft. Durnan and Devine do not fit the bill and are nowhere near Morris’s ability levels.

Equally up front the goals of Clark were always going to be hard to replace, Faiss has shown he is not the answer up front and I am not convinced Andy Ryan is either.

To put bluntly, the team is weaker than last year and I don’t believe the manager has the tactical awareness required to implement different systems depending on the opponent and is naive when it comes to identify the areas of the team and required attributes of the players he is needing to bring in. We do still have a decent level of quality and I feel a better coach would get more out of the current group of players currently at his disposal. I also believe that despite it being 13th October, the manager still doesn’t know his strongest starting 11 or indeed the best positions of the players he has.

Today wasn’t a good result but there is a bigger picture of issues and for that reason I think we’ll finish outside of the top four this season.

I think the club has, for lack of a better expression, become quite stale and it is time for change. A new freshness and someone with new ideas and experience who can do better with the tools at his disposal.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parbucks  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 21:51

^^^^this post is too objective and sensible!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 21:52

The club (any club) should not enter a competition unless they intend to take it seriously and try to win each fixture.

They were certainly asking fans to pay near normal prices to attend.

We got to this stage on the back of a penalty shoot out lottery having been unable to score against a non league side in the previous round.

At least today we managed to score in normal time, but it was Alloa’s turn to win the lucky dip spot kick decider.

As others say, it doesn’t look too promising for upcoming league games.........we can’t play Falkirk every week.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 21:56

Quote:

parsmad123, Sat 13 Oct 21:45

I think we need to look at the bigger picture here.

Before a ball was kicked this season, I personally thought we were weaker on paper than we were at the end of last season. I thought Morris was going to be a huge blow and I thought losing Clark was equally as damaging. Say what you want about their weaknesses but they are quality players at this level and the players we have brought in to replace them are not close enough to their ability levels.

The Betfred Cup games were encouraging, especially the win up at Dundee where we performed admirably in the new look 3-5-2 formation. J Longridge in particular excelled in that position, and we looked very creative going forward and relatively organised defensively. Then there was the first league game at Tannadice. A great team performance, going in at half time 1-0 down against the run of play, we turned the game on its head and fought back and in the end, we should’ve won by more than one clear goal. That score line flattered Utd.

Ever since that game, Hearts aside, we’ve looked like a completely different team. Lacking in confidence, shape, concentration and the fundamentals of basic passing and moving.

I can’t pinpoint a specific moment or turning point as such. Did we just peak very early? Did we just play really well and the wins developed confidence further? I’m not so sure - but in my opinion - we just aren’t good enough in certain areas and that is the real reason behind our recent form.

I always thought Ashcroft looked a far more composed player beside Morris and even when he would make an error, the pace of Morris would be able to recover it. Therefore you would think the obvious thing to the manager would be to obtain a centre half with decent legs to compensate for the lack of pace of Ashcroft. Durnan and Devine do not fit the bill and are nowhere near Morris’s ability levels.

Equally up front the goals of Clark were always going to be hard to replace, Faiss has shown he is not the answer up front and I am not convinced Andy Ryan is either.

To put bluntly, the team is weaker than last year and I don’t believe the manager has the tactical awareness required to implement different systems depending on the opponent and is naive when it comes to identify the areas of the team and required attributes of the players he is needing to bring in. We do still have a decent level of quality and I feel a better coach would get more out of the current group of players currently at his disposal. I also believe that despite it being 13th October, the manager still doesn’t know his strongest starting 11 or indeed the best positions of the players he has.

Today wasn’t a good result but there is a bigger picture of issues and for that reason I think we’ll finish outside of the top four this season.

I think the club has, for lack of a better expression, become quite stale and it is time for change. A new freshness and someone with new ideas and experience who can do better with the tools at his disposal.

You need to either go out on a Saturday night or get a bird
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 22:07

The line up tells you that the manager wanted to win this game. The worry is another pretty poor display and a momentum stopper.
I think we should be worried

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad123  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 22:09

It’s funny because I’m guessing none of these things appeal to you or you wouldnt be reading and replying?

Either that you’ve nae pals or your burd is $hite in bed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 22:10

You need to either go out on a Saturday night or get a bird

You being a new man have sent your mum to the bar?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 22:16

Doesn't matter what competition your in,you should do your best and be bothered.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: macaroon  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 22:30

Thought there would be issues this season. The manager has failed to keep the good players at the club. He has had plenty of time and resources to bring in talented players and yet failed miserably again. I have no faith in this manager and there is now nothing entertaining about this team.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 22:39

That's the worst thing for me. The lack of decent football, individually or as a team.

Just little evidence of this group of players gelling, or of the manager being able to inspire them to anything greater.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Helmsdale Par  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 22:44

Yeah not that bovvered, wouldn't want our name on that Mickey Mouse cup, at least we kept our good cup record of not losing to an English team 😊
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 22:52

I think a quick review of this thread will give you the answer that most feel GG.

Frankly I'm disappointed that you even need to ask the question. Good teams want to win every match they participate in.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 23:33

Quote:

Kessel, Sat 13 Oct 21:05

Not bothered about being out of this cup competition. Bothered by yet another inept performance.

That's my opinion too.

Some bright sparks in that game but the overall level of performance was poor.

The only thing that really annoyed me was that the keeper could still be facing penalties now and not saved one. Too busy clowning around.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: broontroot  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 23:41

Diddy cup ..... move on
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Perkins  
Date:   Sat 13 Oct 23:50

"I really can't get worked up about the Irn Bru Cup. In fact, I'm almost glad we're out so there's no longer a chance one of our key players can pick up an injury and AJ and the squad can devote all their attention to the main task of winning promotion. I'd happily throw in an early SC exit in exchange for guaranteed promotion, but would obviously prefer a decent cup run as well.

Is anyone seriously bothered that we were knocked out today? Might have been even better if our reserves had lost in Inverness."

You are not bothered about not beating one of the worst teams in the league at home because it means we can focus on getting promoted? Promotion seems pretty far fetched at the moment
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 02:37

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: oakley_pars  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 03:01

Wee Eck, PARrot and Widtink the only ones who think today was acceptable and should be swept to the side without a second thought.... who’d have thunk it!!

Surely you can’t see today as any bit of improvement or a sign that we can seriously challenge for anything??

And as for the OP, yes I’m bothered. Why wouldn’t we want to win a tournament we have entered? Give me an alternative of a trophy DAFC are capable of winning in the next 10 years....

it only takes one tree to make a thousand matches, it only takes one match to burn a thousand trees
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 07:08

I simply said the performance wasn't as bad as some are making out. FWIW, I didn't see any evidence that the players or the manager didn't want to win the game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 07:57

There was an elephant in the room.The colour of the elephant was white!

This competition was a tedious irrelevance with the Football authorities creating a Trojan horse to get Celtic into the Premier League.Scottish Fans are being treated with contempt.

1469 attended yesterday on a mild day.The Average League Gate last season was 5312.
The prices were beyond belief.

The competition,created to give little clubs a competition they could win, has been handed,like a hot potato,from B and Q to the Scottish Government to Petrofac to Irn Bru.We have seen young Old Firm clubs involved and folk still did not turn out.Then the arrival of clubs from around the British Isles has resulted in £90K of desperately needed Scottish sponsorship cash haemorrhaging outside Scotland.We have Irish clubs playing English clubs in a Scottish competition.

We could now being going to darkest Flintshire, rewarded by £3500 and risking injuries or suspensions.We are well shot of it.The only pity is Gill,Devine,Muirhead,Hippo,Beadling,Keana etc were not all fielded yesterday.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 08:10

Quote:

1981par, Sat 13 Oct 19:56

GG Riva making more excuses. We got beat of Alloa with another awful performance but who cares it’s only the diddy cup

I wasn't at the game, so I can't comment on the performance. I merely expressed an opinion that the Irn Bru Cup is a competition of minor importance for the simple reason that the top clubs do not play in it.

Nowhere in the OP did I say I wanted the Pars to lose the game, just that I wasn't too bothered we were out of that cup. Far more tragic, imo, was the loss of 2 pts to Alloa in the league. Nobody will give a toss about the Irn Bru Cup if we win the next couple of games.

I just want us to concentrate all our efforts on winning promotion this season. Until Livi showed us it can be done via the play offs, I thought the only realistic way to go up was by winning this league. That will be tough for any team this season. We've got a fair bit of ground to make up and good form to find to be in contention for the title, but the top 4 is still well within our grasp. Sometimes, but not always, being in a number of different competitions can work against a team - injuries, tiredness and suspension can take their toll and the team ends up failing to reach its prime target.

For that reason, I'm not too bothered we're out of this minor tournament, but I sympathise with those who were at the game and were obviously hoping for a better result. As I said in the OP, it's a lot easier to be philosophical in defeat when you weren't at the game.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 08:32

The competition we were playing in is irrelevant. What is important is that we have lost again at home to a team we should be beating. To talk about concentrating on the league is a joke because we are no better in that competition either. Another few defeats there and will that become a diddy league too? The only diddy here is the guy that is managing the team. Face facts, he isn't good enough. Some people are a bit slower than others to realise things.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 08:54

Had we lost playing a shadow team or a mixture of first team players and reserves/youths or had we given players returning from injury or on the fringes like Hippolyte, Beadling and Gill then I wouldn't be bothered. The issue for me is that we played our strongest side available - presumably the same XI would have been picked had it been a league game - and we still couldn't a) beat Alloa at home and b) couldn't hold on to a lead quite late on. These are the sort of issues which will prevent us challenging at the top end this season. We play Queens at home next who are in a dreadful run and lost at East Fife, so I should be looking forward to next week's game with confidence. I'm really not. That speaks volumes.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 09:21

I'm bovvered .
I wasted £15 on a ticket wasted money on petrol getting there and an afternoon watching tosh .
If I thought we weren't going to bovver I would have saved my cash and gone for a pint instead .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 09:42

Biggest concern was to lose after fielding our strongest team.

The red mist has lifted :

AJ needs to be bolder - As others have spotted we had Muirhead on the bench & his injection into the game at 2-2 could have made an impact. Unfortunately we will never know. When JC was manager he was fearless in this respect, he would go 2 at the back & throw everything into attack. It didn't always work but at least you were left with ".....at least we had a go!". Nothing ventured.

We did play some nice stuff at times but we have to be quicker.

The attack needs to be sorted out - by the management.

AR & FEB need tealt! Don't let them make it up - tell them what to do.

We need a win next week.....

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 09:55

I wouldn't let AJ near another Summer transfer market...doesn't know how to balance a squad and most of the squad are pointless...they'll never play.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 10:02

I think the question needs to be asked to Ross and the BOD why they handed out a 2 year deal to AJ
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 11:00

Parsmad123 nails it for me. Very good post and basically sums up how I feel about the situation.

The last part about the club becoming stale is correct. My main worry is we are now losing fans because of AJ. Speaking to a mate at work, he says he won’t be back until AJ is gone. He can’t justify paying to watch the football on show under AJ.

It’s a little different for me as I’m a season ticket holder. So the club already have my money. I’ve missed a few games already though due to holidays and other commitements but I can’t say I’m overly bothered. It’s a sad day though when you feel so unmotivated going to games.

Something has to change in my opinion.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 11:07

Probably because year on year he's improved us. How he does this season is obviously still to be seen but at the moment we're 5th with just over 3 quarters of the season to play and anything is still possible.

I started watching us in the 92/93 season and we've never ever taken this tournament seriously any year we've been in it. The performance is a bit of a concern especially as it was a home game but the next two home games are far more important. 2 wins there and the league might very well have a different complexion.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 11:11

I’ll definitely not be back until there are changes. I used to stick up for AJ but there’s not much you can defend now. Why do we go to football matches? Why do we pay for overpriced tickets? To see a winning team? Not especially. So what is it then? To be bored to tears? To be pissed off? Because that what we’re getting. We’re paying for garbage. So I’ll keep my money and spend it on something that’s actually worth it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 11:33

The question has to be is AJ the manager to get us promoted, I would say currently he is not. Our aim has to be promotion either this season or next and the club should be set up to gain that. We know money may still be an issue, but the amount of season tickets sold over the last few seasons shows that the fans are still backing the club, but that won't last forever if we don't get promoted.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 11:47

Yes, a bit.

I was hoping for a trip to Ireland. The Hitchers are playing a few rare gigs that weekend and justifying going that alone would have been difficult. I think I could have swung it for a gig and a game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 12:24

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 13:15

I think that this is a competition you would want to be in. If nothing else it gives fringe players the opportunity to play first team games. Winning is a habit and develops mental resilience. From that perspective it is a concern.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 13:38

Quote:

oakley_pars, Sun 14 Oct 03:01

Wee Eck, PARrot and Widtink the only ones who think today was acceptable and should be swept to the side without a second thought.... who’d have thunk it!!

Surely you can’t see today as any bit of improvement or a sign that we can seriously challenge for anything??

And as for the OP, yes I’m bothered. Why wouldn’t we want to win a tournament we have entered? Give me an alternative of a trophy DAFC are capable of winning in the next 10 years....

You got all that from my "Diddy cup, couldn't care less" post?
You ever thought of becoming a journalist?.... I'm sure you would do well with those kind of assumptions. 😏

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 13:54

Would love to see someone fresh coming in. New ideas. New formations. BOD have to take the blame here as we are now becoming a mediocre club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 14:00

I’m bothered we lost yesterday & so will the players, management & directors be

For most fans it was an embarrassment, for players & management it should much more, professional pride should see to that

2015/16 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 14:06

For long spells yesterday we played some good stuff. The moves for our goals as an example. Had we won that game 3 or 4 -0. It would have reflected the overall play. Two horror errors stopped that, but some on here can't or won't really reflect on the whole game. Incidentally the guy missing yesterday who has been the victim of the keyboard warrior's, in some cases before he played his first game Durnan, was badly missed.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 14:25

Quote:

Blackandwhiteblood, Sun 14 Oct 14:06

For long spells yesterday we played some good stuff. The moves for our goals as an example. Had we won that game 3 or 4 -0. It would have reflected the overall play. Two horror errors stopped that, but some on here can't or won't really reflect on the whole game. Incidentally the guy missing yesterday who has been the victim of the keyboard warrior's, in some cases before he played his first game Durnan, was badly missed.

Spot on. Unfortunately he was injured and defensive errors cost us the match. I'm certain had he played we would have won that comfortably.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toumba Libre  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 14:36

We didn’t play nearly as bad as some are trying to insinuate.
AJ getting the blame as usual but how can he stop basic individual errors and lapses in concentration?
Lee Ashcroft needs dropped imo.. he’s been pretty dire without Morris and to think some weren’t bothered about losing him.

Finally, it seems our support is so extreme with there emotions and opinions and struggle to stay calm or consistent throughout the game or online.
Grown adults actually having melt downs when we retain the ball by going backwards or sideways (due to there being no space) and then if we go long and lose it.. the same people lose there sh1t again. Seriously, how do you lot make it through the rest of the week and everyday life?
People need a reality check and realise what level we play at.
It can be pretty toxic at EEP and on dot net and to think some of you have been laughing at Falkirk fans.. it’s pretty embarrassing at times and god knows what the players and management must think.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 14:49

Not surprisingly, the vast majority of Pars fans are "bovvered " at being knocked out of a competition we had a decent chance of winning. Those who were at the game, are bound to be hurting more than those who weren't.

Toumba Libre's post, above this one, appears rational and objective. I didn't really expect anyone to be happy the Pars are out of the Irn Bru Cup, but I did ask the question. It's OK to be bovvered and OK if you're not, but I'm positive that if we put together a few good results, every Pars fan will put yesterday behind them very quickly.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 15:03

As it was pointed out too many folk always blaming the manager
But once a player goes over that white line the manager cannot do much , he can change systems yes ! change personnel during a game but one thing he cannot legislate or take the blame for is the amount of individual errors we have committed already this season that has cost us dearly ,I hope Iv'e seen the last of them this season and we start progressing as a team and up the table , we have a good squad they just need to start producing the goods, next 2 home games are vital that we win both to keep us in the mix both at home so they are winnable even though our home record is abysmal lets get behind the team and see them over the line

cmon ye pars

PS And yes i am bovvered about some of our recent performances
As I know we are better than some of the crap we have been served up of late
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 15:08

Until the next poor result then, we go forward, without complaint or change.

When I was employed in Engineering, we had various goals and objectives, both short term and long term.
What was realised was that when our short term performance wasn't good enough, we'd struggle to meet long term aims.

Regular meetings were held, sometimes too many it seemed, but a pressure was maintained to try to maintain targets. Open discussion and criticism of shortcomings were encouraged and changes made when required.

Honesty and openness was welcomed and very rarely was there any bad feelings.

On this forum, if you dare to criticise poor performance, you get named a glory hunter, or having unrealistic ambitions and ultimately the we're lucky to have a club gets put in the ring.

Let's just get real and see us for what we are.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 15:10

And it wasnt Alloa strogest team .
Sad when the Alloa's of the world dont field their strongest team against the Pars at EEP .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 15:11

Quote:

mach1, Sun 14 Oct 15:08

Until the next poor result then, we go forward, without complaint or change.

When I was employed in Engineering, we had various goals and objectives, both short term and long term.
What was realised was that when our short term performance wasn't good enough, we'd struggle to meet long term aims.

Regular meetings were held, sometimes too many it seemed, but a pressure was maintained to try to maintain targets. Open discussion and criticism of shortcomings were encouraged and changes made when required.

Honesty and openness was welcomed and very rarely was there any bad feelings.

On this forum, if you dare to criticise poor performance, you get named a glory hunter, or having unrealistic ambitions and ultimately the we're lucky to have a club gets put in the ring.

Let's just get real and see us for what we are.

Good fair post
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 18:33

Next Saturday the gate will be more than three times larger.

Mark Durnan should return.

And the match will mean something.

We can't really assess the team till we have played every club once.That is next Saturday.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 18:37

The match yesterday meant something to some of us !
Even if we play well and win next week it won't alter my opinion that the first quarters displays have been mainly poor .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 19:11

Quote:

Parsweep, Sun 14 Oct 18:37

The match yesterday meant something to some of us !
Even if we play well and win next week it won't alter my opinion that the first quarters displays have been mainly poor .

Fair post. Whether some of us care about the Irn Bru Cup or not, the team which goes out should always give every game their best shot. Of course, the opposition usually usually does its best too, so there's no way both sets of fans are going to be happy in a sudden death cup tie.

Should we reasonably have expected to beat Alloa with home advantage? Undoubtedly yes, but at least no league points were dropped. Promotion is our sole aim.

Eyes on the prize......

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WheelKing99  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 19:21

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 19:57

A wee run in the Scottish Cup would help financially as well, in case we fail to get promotion again.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 20:02

Quote:

Rigger Al, Sun 14 Oct 15:10

And it wasnt Alloa strogest team .
Sad when the Alloa's of the world dont field their strongest team against the Pars at EEP .

It was the strongest team they could play, 3 loan players couldn’t play as cup tied.

Not a case at all of Alloa choosing to play an understrength side
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 20:28

”and the match will mean something”

What a ridiculous comment from Sliema.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Sun 14 Oct 20:36)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 21:52

Sliema goes around making the same ludicrous statements week on week. If he had a bow, it would have very few strings it would seem.

I'm not that fussed about going out this cup though. I also thought we played reasonably well for the first 70 minutes or so. Their 2nd goal was a bit out the blue - and I'm led to believe a bit of a mistake from Devine (I missed that part as I was trying to keep my wee daughter entertained at the time).

He's not first choice and, if it had been a league game, I don't think Martin goes off the pitch and I think we would have won the 3 points.

I think some people are so intent on wanting AJ out and will pounce on any negative scoreline and call for his head. I think it is very much the minority at the moment though and largely due to attention span. This is his 4th season and that's a rarity in football. Some folk just need a change to energise themselves it would seem.

I'm pretty sure that our board will be looking at the longer term trends though and he'll be safe enough given that our league position has improved every year. I'd imagine Utd and County both have a much bigger wage bill than us, so I think 3rd is our target for the year, with anything higher a bonus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we don't sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna score in every game 'til Christmas,
And every touch is goal la la la, it's goal la la la,
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 22:12

Our target should be promotion.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 22:25

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 22:28

Quote:

renegade master, Sun 14 Oct 22:25

DA go, promotion is the target this year, we have to go better than the play offs was the call of the board!

Ain't going to happen with that comedian in the dugout as manager.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 22:30

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 23:12

Quote:

mach1, Sun 14 Oct 22:12

Our target should be promotion.

I'm sure it is.
Maybe not this year though but soon.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 07:13

If my comments about the Challenge Cup are ludicrous; my defence is the derisory attendances.Fans are not so easily conned!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 07:48

Irrespective of what cup it is it is still a bad result. I am sure the manager snd players would say the same. Also fans turn out and pay money to watch. First and foremost we support the team but want to see good performances and victories as much as possible. Winning builds confidence and lifts the fans and players. Agreed the focus should be the league but as a squad game this is one you would still want to win.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 08:25

"DA go, promotion is the target this year, we have to go better than the play offs was the call of the board!"

If we finished 3rd and got through a round of the play-offs, I'd be extremely surprised if the manager lost his job. I'd also be surprised if there's a quote anywhere from the chairman that even hints that AJ goes if we don't get promoted this year.

Sliema, it's not just the Irn-Bru Cup comments. I just find you type the same thing over and over again about the same few things. It just grates a wee bit. It's a forum though and you're entitled to express an opinion an I'm sure it's all well intentioned.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Edited (Mon 15 Oct 08:39)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 08:37

Quote:

Indiapar, Mon 15 Oct 07:48

Irrespective of what cup it is it is still a bad result. I am sure the manager snd players would say the same. Also fans turn out and pay money to watch. First and foremost we support the team but want to see good performances and victories as much as possible. Winning builds confidence and lifts the fans and players. Agreed the focus should be the league but as a squad game this is one you would still want to win.

Absolutely, Indiapar. There's no way any of us can pretend that was anything other than a poor result. The time taken to get over a poor result usually depends on the calibre of the opposition and the competition. While I'm disappointed we couldn't see off Alloa at home, I was able to put it behind me almost instantly - probably because I wasn't at the game, but also because it was in a minor tournament.

Where a number of folk who were at the game appear to differ is in their evaluation of our team's performance. Some say we were gash, others that we were nowhere nearly as bad as some have made out. As always, the truth is probably somewhere in between. Win the next couple of league games and the current gnashing of teeth will stop.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 09:23

Manager, team, board all getting stick after Saturday. Questions raised about the clubs attitude to the challenge cup.
1400 odd fans their on Saturday shows at least two thirds of our fans don't bother about it.
Most of that game we played reasonably well. Two poor mistakes cost us.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 11:48

Doesn't matter how it cost us, the damage is done.

Do you think that people who complain do so because they want to, or because they feel annoyed at the poor football on display, leading to poor results?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 12:11

I think some people complain as it is the hobby that keeps them going through the day.

They probably don't realise this though.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 12:54

Social media has been a godsend for life's moaners. Everyone's an expert nowadays.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 12:58

Not every one . I can name a couple of non moaners Eck lol

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 13:33

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 14:07

That's not moaning. It's encouraging them to be better versions of themselves...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 14:15

Now that smacks of arrogance, worse by far than moaning.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 14:56

Where does completely missing a light-hearted comment sit in your league table of vices?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 19:17

I agree GG Riva.

If people are moaning they pay their money so entitled to a view. Its important too that we can be realistic factual and fair. I think that is reasonable
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 19:35

Take penalties out of it we're on a run of six games unbeaten.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 22:31

That's a fantastic run.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 22:38

It certainly is . I for one would like to retract all my negative posts lol

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net