DAFC.net
Home 17 November 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Be Brave
Topic Originator: coventrypar  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 01:05

Come on the DAFC Directors. Be brave. Mid table looking likely. Maybe a push for play offs at very best. Enough quality to keep clear of bottom spots. Be brave. Change the manager ... if we lose 500 fans a time because of the poor performances then that £10k x home games left ... more than enough to pay AJ his monthly wage till he gets another club... no need to pay a lump sum. Get him gone and get some fresh hope. It’s not too late to win the league now .. it will be come December or January if we don’t get an immediate upturn.

"If you have no kind words to say you should say nothing more at all"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Be Brave
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 01:21

😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 03:01

On the sauce maybe.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: YankeeDollar  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 11:50

And who would the DA get to replace them?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 12:07

Yankee ... I would hope the board are constantly keeping an eye on managers doing well or available and be in a position to speak with a few if the need arises. I would take Jim McIntyre back. I would have loved the current DUFC manager.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 12:25

I think we are stuck with who we have for the immediate future.

We are constantly told there is no money, so we have to accept that constraint as well.

So as AJ is putting his next Walter Mitty post match assessment together, we the fans will just have to hope for some kind of turnaround in our fortunes.

Keep believing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 12:28

What if they get rid of AJ and it all goes pear shaped for a new manager.
Jim Duffy is often touted on here as a decent manager but the longest he has ever lasted at a club is 4 seasons at Morton.
Let's say he came in and things go the way they did under Davy Hay ( highly regards at the time)
The 500 less supporters could soon become 1000 or more less.
Things are not great at the moment but you would throw the whole thing up in the air with the hope it would turn out right.
It could very easily go much worse than where we are currently.
It is certainly not a risk I want us to take when we are still very much in the mix with a squad who are certainly good enough but underperforming just now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 12:31

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 12:39

too late, Robbie Neilson said this week he was waiting for the right club that being one with ambitions to get promoted. Dundee Utd have got him and I must say I'm disappointed. He would have been here in a minute I'm sure with Craw already in place to be his assistant!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 12:44

I wonder if the Board gets as panicky or has the same expectations as some of us. It wouldn't surprise me if they are prepared to settle for mid table to the end of AJ's contract. Because he seems to be a good fit off the field? Which would compensate for middling status on it? Plus, taking a leap for new management they would have to be confident of improvement.

I don't think they will press the button unless we are in danger of relegation. I doubt they will do it just because we don't get promoted. Because, financially we are not the Pars we were. I think the Board's expectations will be lower and they will be more patient and cautious.

It's not weakness on their part. I think, from their perspective mid table is a pass mark for us.

The magic we keep hoping for is hard to achieve. Livi have done it because of all-round excellence at their club? Ayr similarly at the moment. Happy, spirited, good team players, good management. In those categories, very good marks at Livi and Ayr? At EEP currently, just - fair. Perhaps capable of better. But that's not sackable.

We made our 'marriage' with AJ, I think the Board will keep faith with him to the end of his contract unless there's a crisis.

I WILL get pelters but I think it's us who need to be brave. Our post-administration sojourn could last longer and be more painful than we imagined.

Hey, but that's love!

Post Edited (Sun 14 Oct 12:53)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 12:54

There is a group of Fans on the Forum who,after any disappointment,want to see AJ and Sandy sacked.I don't.

The time to judge this season comes next week when we have played every club once.After the disappointing start this season,we could still be on 14points.

One year ago, inspired by Super Joe,we had 17,not a huge difference.

This is the most difficult Championship to get promotion from in years.Clubs like Dundee Utd and Ross County,Inverness and Partick have far greater resources.

The line up, one year ago, had one player ie Lee Ashcroft who played last week.That is a huge turnover and does not lead to stability.

I doubt the BOD could have done anything about Clark,Aird,Morris and McManus going.(I am bewildered about Super Joe,big Nat and Jean).

I am concerned that we are not as strong as a year ago.Though,like "Strictly", the deadwood is visibly being pruned now.Glory Hunters are following the wrong club.I am sticking with AJ and Sandy.They will turn things around.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 13:11

Be brave!

Keep taking our medicine

Pass the humble pie

Pie and medicine

Tastes horrible

But we'll scoff the lot

Till we're back at the big table.

Post Edited (Sun 14 Oct 13:12)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 13:18

Quote:

Sliema Par, Sun 14 Oct 12:54

There is a group of Fans on the Forum who,after any disappointment,want to see AJ and Sandy sacked.I don't.

The time to judge this season comes next week when we have played every club once.After the disappointing start this season,we could still be on 14points.

One year ago, inspired by Super Joe,we had 17,not a huge difference.

This is the most difficult Championship to get promotion from in years.Clubs like Dundee Utd and Ross County,Inverness and Partick have far greater resources.

The line up, one year ago, had one player ie Lee Ashcroft who played last week.That is a huge turnover and does not lead to stability.

I doubt the BOD could have done anything about Clark,Aird,Morris and McManus going.(I am bewildered about Super Joe,big Nat and Jean).

I am concerned that we are not as strong as a year ago.Though,like "Strictly", the deadwood is visibly being pruned now.Glory Hunters are following the wrong club.I am sticking with AJ and Sandy.They will turn things around.

Excellent post. Same guys every time, every manager.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 13:34

There are no glory hunters supporting the Pars that I am aware of, but there are plenty who are unhappy with the dismal standard they are watching with a manager who seems to stumble from game to game.

If you call fans who expect a higher standard, glory hunters, you surely have got the wrong definition.

I've been a fan for more years than I care to remember and can only recall a handful of truly glorious moments.
I enjoyed them and moved on.

Glory hunters? Sorry, but that's the wrong term to apply to disgruntled fans, but I'm sure that won't stop you.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Perkins  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 14:07

"Topic Originator: Sliema Par |
Date: Sun 14 Oct 12:54

This is the most difficult Championship to get promotion from in years.Clubs like Dundee Utd and Ross County,Inverness and Partick have far greater resources."

Absolute nonsense given the teams in the championship in recent years. Rangers, Hibs, Hearts, Falkirk under Houston and Raith under Mckinnon. Also, Ayr currently sit top with a team assembled on a very tight budget.

"Though,like "Strictly", the deadwood is visibly being pruned now"

You are classing AJ's signings as deadwood, and then giving him the credit for casting them aside?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 14:20

We are 5th in the table. 3 points behind a play off slot with a game in hand.
I thought we played well yesterday against a well drilled determined defence apart from the first 15 minutes.

I understand the concerns a few weeks ago but I thought yesterday wasn't bad. Just 15 sluggish mins and 2 awful individual errors, both of which resulted in goals.

I can see why the guys who made those errors would be criticised but I really cant see why the sack AJ club are at it again.

Lets hope we can pick up and get back to collecting league points.

Why all the hullabaloo about Neilson?
His performance at his last club found him out without Levein, who has continued to improve Hearts without Neilson.

Oh Aye he just beat that pihs side we got no accolades from our "fans" for beating.

Post Edited (Sun 14 Oct 14:21)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 14:39

Again. When are fans going to stop being happy in scraping a play off spot. I want to see us challenging at the top. We should be with our budget
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 14:46

Let's wait until next week. If the goal scoring machine that is Dobbie runs riot with our defence then I think that questions have to be asked about our recruitment, tactics, players that weren't offered a contract and the manager.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 14:55

Parrot sees things from a different perspective.
Must be a bird's eye view from high on a perch lol.

He just keeps on insisting that things are OK, possibly more easily pleased than others, or maybe he is a friend or relative of AJ.

" I thought yesterday wasn't bad."

I hope he is still happy scrapping for a promotion spot again and watching some of the turgid football we are getting.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 15:29

Quote:

mach1, Sun 14 Oct 14:55

He just keeps on insisting that things are OK, possibly more easily pleased than others, or maybe he is a friend or relative of AJ.

I hope he is still happy scrapping for a promotion spot again and watching some of the turgid football we are getting.

Mach 1. Sorry but font agree yesterday was anything but ok .
We had almost full team out there against Alloas part time second string .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 15:34

No, I agree RA.

The quote I put in was from Parrot's post above.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 15:46

I think there is a difference in being brave ( making a bold decision when it doesn’t have to be made) and making a change because push met shove up a dark alley. And I repeat my original post headline. It’s time to be brave.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 16:23

Quote:

1981par, Sun 14 Oct 14:39

Again. When are fans going to stop being happy in scraping a play off spot. I want to see us challenging at the top. We should be with our budget

So do I, and I think we will challenge. I'm confident it will come together and if we dont win the league I think we have as good a chance as the others in the playoffs.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 16:24

Quote:

mach1, Sun 14 Oct 15:34

No, I agree RA.

The quote I put in was from Parrot's post above.

Ok mate appologies ...been traveling
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 16:27

Quote:

mach1, Sun 14 Oct 14:55

Not so much easily pleased. I can see the flaws and the room for improvement. More a case of less easily displeased.
I can see the steady improvement and when certain players return I can see more improvement. All from my lofty perch. I do sympathise with you ground dwellers. You miss so much. 😉

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 16:37

I appreciate that a few fans point out that,in recent years,the Championship contained major clubs which were a shoe in to win the Flag.

The difference is that today there are nine teams, in all seriousness ,who could make a challenge.Look at the Bookies odds.

Now,turning to "deadwood".AJ and Sandy can only play the hand they are dealt.Clearly,they wanted to build on last year's squad including Clark,Aird,Morris and McManus.

They have brought in some superb recruits ie the Longridges,Martin,Muirhead ,Durnan,Beadling,Vincent,FEB in the Summer; others less so.

Jimmy Calderwood had the cream of players but even he discovered there are clots in cream.

As for this Saturday,if James Craigen nullifies Dobbie ,like he did Naismith,we will be alright.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 16:37

Very good.
Maybe I'm more of a cave dweller!

Anyway, must fly. Oh no, that's you lol.

I'll just lumber on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 17:12

"As for this Saturday,if James Craigen nullifies Dobbie ,like he did Naismith,we will be alright."

East Fife managed to keep him quiet yesterday. For all the goals he's scored they've only won 2 games this season and one of those was Falkirk.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 21:56

We've had a decent wee run in the league recently, then we go out of the challenge cup to a team in our league and the wailing begins.
Apart from Alloa how many teams from our league are left in the cup ? One I think. Ross County.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 22:02

That makes it alright then.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 22:25

Can't believe the folk on here want McIntyre ,this guy has been overlooked by numerous teams since he was binned ,even though he was meant to be a sorted for the Utd job ,must be something about him ,in the football world

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 22:28

never go back! McIntyre has does nothing!!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 22:46

Quote:

1981par, Sun 14 Oct 22:02

Makes you all wrong then.
Your either on the wind up with all your posts, or you support another team.
I've read your posts for weeks now and negativity is the recurring theme.
I have a disablement and haven't been able to go to matches for four years until this season. I have watched the Pars from 1954 and have seen many worse teams and managers than we have now. The set up since administration is second to none, no debt, bills paid and eventually it will pay off.
Folk like yourself seem to love stirring things when in reality there's nothing to stir. Maybe football manager computer games are where your reality lies.
Everybody is entitled to their opinions of course, but few are as negative as you are.
I'm inclined to think you don't really support the Pars, after reading what you write.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Oct 23:04

Quote:

Blackandwhiteblood, Sun 14 Oct 22:46

Quote:

1981par, Sun 14 Oct 22:02

Makes you all wrong then.
Your either on the wind up with all your posts, or you support another team.
I've read your posts for weeks now and negativity is the recurring theme.
I have a disablement and haven't been able to go to matches for four years until this season. I have watched the Pars from 1954 and have seen many worse teams and managers than we have now. The set up since administration is second to none, no debt, bills paid and eventually it will pay off.
Folk like yourself seem to love stirring things when in reality there's nothing to stir. Maybe football manager computer games are where your reality lies.
Everybody is entitled to their opinions of course, but few are as negative as you are.
I'm inclined to think you don't really support the Pars, after reading what you write.

Excellent post.

BTW. It is alright. It isnt perfect but it is alright and it will get better. Chin up 81 old chap.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 08:20

Having no debt, bills paid is the norm, not something to crow about.

Excuse the avian crossover PARrot. I assume your bill is paid btw.

Seriously though, I've seen worse teams than this too, but that was not pleasant watching, anymore than today.

I'm glad that some supporters are content with what we have, but I'm also glad that others want improvements.
I certainly don't see that as being negative.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 08:32

As a successful, experienced and educated man wrote on the other forum - there's nothing inherently brave about sacking the manager. In the face of criticism and calling for his head (albeit a minority) it is perhaps braver to wholeheartedly back the man you put in place and leave him to do his job. Unless something catastrophic happens, the time to evaluate is at the end of the season.

Last season should be a reminder for everyone. It's wasn't the time to be extending contracts last October on the back of a great start. Similarly, it wasn't the time to be handing out P45s in January after a bad run.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I was in World War Two they'd call me spitfire
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 15:53

Quote:

mach1, Mon 15 Oct 08:20

Having no debt, bills paid is the norm, not something to crow about.

Excuse the avian crossover PARrot. I assume your bill is paid btw.

Seriously though, I've seen worse teams than this too, but that was not pleasant watching, anymore than today.

I'm glad that some supporters are content with what we have, but I'm also glad that others want improvements.
I certainly don't see that as being negative.

Had a good chuckle at that, well played.
Ye better duck if I see ye though 😉

Post Edited (Mon 15 Oct 15:54)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 16:42

As long as we can laugh at the end of the day.

I'll try to duck, but I might be on the wings of a dove, groan!

I better stop or I'll get pigeon holed and that might be painful!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 16:47

I'm sure you're a pheasant plucker in real life, mach1.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 18:08

I've never been near a pheasant sir. At least not a live one.

Much as I like the feathered beasts, I rarely get a birdie and never an eagle or an albatross.

I did actually have a sea eagle on my arm on a day at a bird of prey centre. Very heavy after ten minutes I can assure you.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 18:57

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 21:46

Some of you nuggets have a fowl sense of humour.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Nov 20:44

They weren’t brave. Now it’s needed. Thanks for the good times.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: