DAFC.net
Home 13 July 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Robinson
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 01:18

Had some good saves on sat but can see him getting red carded on of these days.he could have been yellow carded before the penalties,a bomb scare at times I wonder if Murdoch will ever be back.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Robinson
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 07:20

Thought that at the time . He got away with absolute murder in the penalty shootout at borehamwood.
A quick booking (maybe a bit too quick ref) put his gas at a low peep on Saturday .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 09:13

Or maybe, just maybe the ref at Borehamwood actually had a sense of humour..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 09:17

More concerned that he's not managed to save any of the 10 penalties that have been on target across the 2 shoot outs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we don't sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna score in every game 'til Christmas,
And every touch is goal la la la, it's goal la la la,
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 09:32

If he'd saved one on Saturday I was expecting the ref to order a re-take. Antagonising the referee at a penalty shoot-out is bad psychology I think.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hummingbird Harry  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 10:01

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 10:03

Just by being ex-Rangers, HH.

Didn't need to do anything specific.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 10:08

Banging posts, delaying the kick. Fixing socks. Moaning at referee. Said this in last post. Just concentrate on saving the god damn penalty. He is a good goalkeeper but too erratic for me. Be careful what you say. DAFC90 will be on here soon
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hummingbird Harry  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 10:11

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 10:26

I wonder what his career average is at saving penalties, I certainly don't have any confidence he will save one, a bit like ,Ruitenbeek, a very good goalkeeper in many areas but when it came to penalties I don't think I ever saw him save one,ref might as well just have awarded a goal and be done with.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 12:08

Maybe he should try to concentrate on just diving one way or the other rather than acting like a t*ss*r.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 12:48

Quote:

steaua, Mon 15 Oct 09:13

Or maybe, just maybe the ref at Borehamwood actually had a sense of humour..

Whether the referee had a sense of humour or not , Robinson acted like a clown of the highest order and I found nothing amusing abt his antics in England

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 13:32

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Mon 15 Oct 09:17

More concerned that he's not managed to save any of the 10 penalties that have been on target across the 2 shoot outs.

In that respect he's no better than Murdoch. I don't think he made one save in either of his shoot-outs either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 13:50

Strange, the ref down there was having a laugh with our goalie.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 15:25

Did big Marco not save one of Larsson's penalties at parkhead?
I think he put it out for a corner which they then scored from 😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 15:28

sure did Ladswell another 5-0 result through in the west

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 15:39

One concern I have about Robinson is his propensity to create a flashpoint by barging players out of the way when gathering the ball and looking to launch a counter-attack. Often the player reacts, and then Robinson reacts to the reaction, flicking out. There was a similar incident on Saturday, when he was challenged by an Alloa player, Robbo reacted and it looked to me like the player flicked out a boot. The ref did the sensible thing by having a word and calming things down; other referees might reach for a red card.

The other issue is penalties (and his failure to save one). I know during the regulation 90 minutes, most keepers will pick a side (perhaps guided by the way the player runs up or places his standing leg) and will dive fractionally early. It seems that an expert taker is able to wait for the keeper to commit then steer the ball away from the keeper.

I’ve seen some stats that say 83% of penalties in regulation time are scored, 13% saved and 4% missed (that’s from the EPL).

Penalty shoot-outs are different, I think, for 3 reasons.

1. The psychology is often different. There is more pressure; one side may feel they have already blown a chance to win
2. The physiology is different. Players have given their all over 120 minutes, then they are hanging around in the centre circle getting cold and nervous, and their body cannot react as well as a fresh body would
3. The competence is different – some of these guys never take penalties, for good reason.

I often think that if I were a keeper in a penalty shoot-out, I wouldn’t go early, but would wait and try to save it. Some pens will be badly hit (and some will be straight down the middle) – for those I would have a chance. If it’s a well struck penalty into the corner – well, well done, I wouldn’t have saved it anyway.

I note that in the World Cup finals, about 70% of kicks have been scored in shoot-outs.

Of course, the rules in the Challenge Cup (and the League Cup group stages) mean penalties are after 90 minutes, rather than 120. It seems that more are scored (but that is just anecdotal) so maybe the situation is more like a regulation penalty than a “normal” shoot-out.

I thought Robbo was lucky not to be booked at Borehamwood – it seemed he was having a moan about the ball position every time. What would have happened if he had carried on on Saturday (or if he had been booked for that earlier incident), I’m not sure. I don’t think I have ever seen a keeper sent off for dissent in a shoot-out before.

I do remember Paul Smith going in goals as a sub-keeper for a shoot-out in a pre-season game (replacing Jim Will, I think).

I also remember Andy Rhodes trying the mind-game of shaking the taker’s hand as he placed the ball on the spot.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 17:57

Sean aint going to be back this season if at all so im afraid we are stuck with Robbo , some keepers save penalties some don,t doesn,t make you a bad keeper if you don,t , Lee does a good job for us and i,m quite happy to have him as our keeper,

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 18:25

That's bad news if your facts are correct Gordib. It is ominously quiet on the subject.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 18:32

By the Laws of the Game he should have been booked at Borehamwood.

Refs up here do know the players and the tricks they play - so he rightly got carded early doors as he was clearly taking the absolute Michael!

He was I thought lucky not to get a second yellow the amount of times he had to be warned by the ref.

Gamesmanship v Sportsmanship. I'd suggest at penalty shootouts with Lee not saving one yet, it's an area he might well require further work on. :)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 18:59

Was pretty embarassing watching his antics .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: seagull1  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 21:42

Paul Smith went in goals once against Dundee. Our keeper got sent off & we had no sub goalie on the bench. He actually did ok, although Dundee managed to put one past him. If my memory is correct it turned out to be the only goal of the game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WheelKing99  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 21:52

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 21:58

Yeah, it was an injury. I'm sure Smith watched the ball go sailing over his head for the game's only goal.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 22:14

Van de Kamp stretchered off. Paul Tosh scored the goal low hook shot across goal from edge of box right in at the post. Van de Kamp wouldn't have saved it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 22:42

I reckon Van de Kamp saves it. I can't find any footage of it though so we'll have to agree to disagree.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big Marcus  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 23:08

Austin McCaan was the best goalie we've ever had.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 23:11

It's on the champions video - not sure if anyone has converted to youtube yet.

If I see it I'll make sure you can see it DA-go and we can then agree than I'm right ;-)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 23:49

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Oct 23:56

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 16 Oct 09:30

also an educated guess, takes a good player to whip a ball right footed into the bottom left corner. lots can be seen from body language and position as they place the ball about where they will look to place it. could argue that disrupting the taker is actually disrupting yourself.

Also give yourself an advantage. A water bottle in the net, place inside the "reach" area. May be silly but a player will aim for it as a focussed target not knowing its actually set-up in the keepers favor.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 16 Oct 09:52

Personally I think that clearing your boots of mud is not a yellow card offence. Does anyone else remember that Rab Douglas everytime he played always defaced the 6 yard line with his studs, that way he knew where the goalposts were. Is that not worse than a keeper trying to get a better grip.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Oct 14:11

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Boston Red Sox  
Date:   Tue 16 Oct 14:16

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net