DAFC.net
Home 04 July 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Lineup for QOS game?
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 16 Oct 06:21

There have got to be changes.

In defence, Danny Devine was a bomb scare on Saturday and if Durnan is still injured, then Tom Beadling would be a sensible replacement at fullback. Ashcroft, Craigen and Jackson Longridge are fine and that back four should be capable of coping with Dobbie & Co.

I doubt that we will see Ryan Williamson at right back again, especially now that Higgy seems to be out long term. His partnership with Louis Longridge on the right just didn't seem to click.

On paper, there is not an awful lot wrong with our current midfield. However, in the centre, it seems to lack the penetration that allows forwards freedom to operate around the penalty area, rather than constantly having to drop back seeking scraps.

Of the two in the middle, Malaury Martin has been a revelation. He is an excellent engine room, providing a focal point, calmly holding up the ball and accurately spreading play. James Vincent hasn't done a lot wrong either, but Joe Thomson comes across as more attack-minded and should better link with the front two.

Out wide, Aiden Connolly deserves his berth on the left. Much of our best play in recent games has been generated by his efforts.

Despite his two goals last game, Louis Longridge is still something of an enigma. On the plus side, he poses a goal threat, though largely from distance. However, his work out wide is sketchy. He drifts in too often, sometimes to the point where he is actually doubling up with Connolly on the left. I don't know if this is indiscipline or if it's something AJ is asking him to do, but either way, it isn't working and loses us our attacking balance.

We are certainly missing Ryan Williamson's lopping strides on the overlap and those whipped-in crosses that panic an opposition's defence. For this reason, I would like to see Williamson tried out at right midfield. We all know his defence is suspect, but his offensive work is his strength and let's be honest, that's why he got picked for the Scotland u-21s.

And so we come to our attack... where to begin?

I don't like the Faissal/Andy Ryan partnership. As individuals they both have qualities, but together, please no. They are both too short to play together as strikers.

Given the choice, I would retain FEB in the side, simply because of his work rate, which is good. If he could just drop that tendency to selfishness, he would be a far better and more effective player.

That leaves us with a slot for either Myles Hippolyte, Robbie Muirhead or Aidan Keena...

For the QOS game, I would give Myles Hippolyte another chance. He often gets himself into scoring positions and I detect a bit more confidence since his strike at Falkirk. Again, he is prone to selfishness too, but given our management team comprises three experienced forwards, you would think that this is something that training could and should address.

And come on AJ, let's use our subs. Let's see Muirhead and Keena given some game time in the second half, no matter the score.

Here's my preferred lineup:-

Robinson

Craigen-Beadling-Ashcroft-Longridge

Williamson-Thomson-Martin-Connolly

El Bakhtaoui-Hippolyte
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Lineup for QOS game?
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Tue 16 Oct 07:05

Quote:

OzPar, Tue 16 Oct 06:21

There have got to be changes.

In defence, Danny Devine was a bomb scare on Saturday and if Durnan is still injured, then Tom Beadling would be a sensible replacement at fullback. Ashcroft, Craigen and Jackson Longridge are fine and that back four should be capable of coping with Dobbie & Co.

I doubt that we will see Ryan Williamson at right back again, especially now that Higgy seems to be out long term. His partnership with Louis Longridge on the right just didn't seem to click.

On paper, there is not an awful lot wrong with our current midfield. However, in the centre, it seems to lack the penetration that allows forwards freedom to operate around the penalty area, rather than constantly having to drop back seeking scraps.

Of the two in the middle, Malaury Martin has been a revelation. He is an excellent engine room, providing a focal point, calmly holding up the ball and accurately spreading play. James Vincent hasn't done a lot wrong either, but Joe Thomson comes across as more attack-minded and should better link with the front two.

Out wide, Aiden Connolly deserves his berth on the left. Much of our best play in recent games has been generated by his efforts.

Despite his two goals last game, Louis Longridge is still something of an enigma. On the plus side, he poses a goal threat, though largely from distance. However, his work out wide is sketchy. He drifts in too often, sometimes to the point where he is actually doubling up with Connolly on the left. I don't know if this is indiscipline or if it's something AJ is asking him to do, but either way, it isn't working and loses us our attacking balance.

We are certainly missing Ryan Williamson's lopping strides on the overlap and those whipped-in crosses that panic an opposition's defence. For this reason, I would like to see Williamson tried out at right midfield. We all know his defence is suspect, but his offensive work is his strength and let's be honest, that's why he got picked for the Scotland u-21s.

And so we come to our attack... where to begin?

I don't like the Faissal/Andy Ryan partnership. As individuals they both have qualities, but together, please no. They are both too short to play together as strikers.

Given the choice, I would retain FEB in the side, simply because of his work rate, which is good. If he could just drop that tendency to selfishness, he would be a far better and more effective player.

That leaves us with a slot for either Myles Hippolyte, Robbie Muirhead or Aidan Keena...

For the QOS game, I would give Myles Hippolyte another chance. He often gets himself into scoring positions and I detect a bit more confidence since his strike at Falkirk. Again, he is prone to selfishness too, but given our management team comprises three experienced forwards, you would think that this is something that training could and should address.

And come on AJ, let's use our subs. Let's see Muirhead and Keena given some game time in the second half, no matter the score.

Here's my preferred lineup:-

Robinson

Craigen-Beadling-Ashcroft-Longridge

Williamson-Thomson-Martin-Connolly

El Bakhtaoui-Hippolyte

Higgy is playing for the reserves today and should be in contention for QOTS.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Tue 16 Oct 08:01

Higgy is a major factor in our side, as soon as he is back and the teams form will change, Ryan Williamson will return to the side and the entertainment value will increase

We have missed his creativity dreadfully, I know there are some who don’t like his style and he is prone to the odd stinker yet he never hides and always looks to play positive, attacking, entertaining football
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Tue 16 Oct 08:37

I am so looking forward to seeing Faissal and Keena up front. Does anyone know if Keena is fit?

Just read his article on COWS, looks like he is ready to play.

Post Edited (Tue 16 Oct 08:43)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Tue 16 Oct 08:44

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Tue 16 Oct 10:20

Whatever the lineup a key factor will be stopping Dobbie, if he plays to form.

If we do that, I think we can win. After all Darren Young's East Fife saw them off.

Where's Gary Mason when you need him lol?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: polski par  
Date:   Tue 16 Oct 11:05

get craigan to man mark dobbie.he did it to perfection with naismith.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 16 Oct 11:22

The interview with Keena on COWS says he can't play for the reserves because he has already played for Hearts reserves. Is that the case with loanees?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafcburty  
Date:   Tue 16 Oct 11:38

Quote:

mach1, Tue 16 Oct 10:20

Whatever the lineup a key factor will be stopping Dobbie, if he plays to form.

If we do that, I think we can win. After all Darren Young's East Fife saw them off.

Where's Gary Mason when you need him lol?

A main part of Dobbie's success is obviously getting the ball in the first place to allow him to score goals - of course, he's a player that'll almost always score at this level due to his high-level of finishing ability and can score goals out of nothing, but according to Queens supporters following Saturday's match vs East Fife, QoS struggled to play football and lumped the ball long, which suited the Fifers' defence.

A big reason in this change in style of play, they believe, is because of the injury to Gary Harkins, who is out for the next 3-4 weeks with a hamstring injury... Again, I'm not saying he's the only guy that's good enough to feed Dobbie, but, IMO, he's clearly their best creative outlet. With him unavailable, it must give us a boost. We can't forget how dangerous guys like Lyndon Dykes and Andy Stirling are, either. However, I would say Harkins being injured must be a psychological boost for Dunfermline as they prepare for Saturday's match.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Tue 16 Oct 11:58

I was about to say that one of the main ways to stop Dobbie is to stop the service that Harkins provides.

Glad to read Burtys post that Harkins is out for a couple of weeks.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 16 Oct 12:08

I like Higgy, but I don't think he should walk straight back into the team after injury. Subs bench.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SAP PAR  
Date:   Tue 16 Oct 12:45

Keena certainly is a strange signing given he can’t play in the reserves having already turned out for Hearts reserves.
I would also like to see Craigen man mark Dobbie given his nullifying of Naismith.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Tue 16 Oct 12:49

We are going to have a very impressive subs bench soon

Higgy
Hippo
Muirhead
Williamson
Keena
Devine
Martin
Gill/ Murdoch
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 16 Oct 12:56

He'll stick with Devine. He's played 150 games or so in the Premier League so should have the calibre to hack it at our level once he gets up and running.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we don't sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna score in every game 'til Christmas,
And every touch is goal la la la, it's goal la la la,
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Tue 16 Oct 13:10

Robbo

Craigen
Ashcroft
Beadling
J.Longridge

Connolly
Mal Martin
Joe Thomson
L.Longridge

Fais
Ryan/Hippo

Drop Vincent go for pace, ball on the deck this game. wingers running at full backs.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Tue 16 Oct 13:13

Lewis Martin, beadling, higgy, Thomson and muirhead all starting for the reserves today.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Tue 16 Oct 13:50

Quote:

SAP PAR, Tue 16 Oct 12:45

Keena certainly is a strange signing given he can’t play in the reserves having already turned out for Hearts reserves.
I would also like to see Craigen man mark Dobbie given his nullifying of Naismith.

Its only the Reserve cup he can't play in.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: obiwanyouknowme  
Date:   Tue 16 Oct 13:59

My team would be

Robinson
Craigen Durnan Ashcroft Longridge
Longridge Martin Vincent Connolly
Feb Ryan

Only change for me is dropping Devine, for me the reason we were rotten at the start of the season was due to playing 3-5-2 and him, his mistake for the second goal on Saturday was shocking.

I don't think Higgy or Williamson deserve to walk back into the team but no that we have returned to 4-4-2 they are our strongest partnership on the right.

I think our strongest team would be when fit and up and running

Robbo
Williamson Durnan Ashcroft Longridge
Higgy Martin Vincent/Beadling Longridge

2 of either Feb/Ryan/Muirhead

Muirhead not really been given a chance yet so as said above the Keena decision does seem strange.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: thenatural  
Date:   Tue 16 Oct 14:04

Lewis Martin’s injury was a real blow. The leap in confidence and performances of real quality were there for all to see during the good run towards the end of last season. Great to hear he’s on the mend. He offers options right across the back. I think he can kick on and develop into a really good centre back. I realise he’s had a few bad games there but the progression he showed when he got in the team give cause for optimism.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Tue 16 Oct 15:31

Will be the same team as usual barring an injury. Must be really frustrating to be on our bench knowing the starting 11 won't change.
I wouldn't have said Devine was a bombscare on Sat, yes he made a mistake for the equaliser but overall he was ok.
Personally I would make a couple of changes, I would bring in Hippolyte and Muirhead for Longridge and Faissal.
Joe Thomson must be wondering when he'll start again, defensively he's not as good as Vincent and playing him with Martin would leave the centre of the park light.
Once Higgy, Beadling and Williamson are all match fit it will be interesting to see who AJ considers his first choice.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SAP PAR  
Date:   Tue 16 Oct 15:42

Ah ok that would make more sense 😀. I was going by the comment on COWs ‘His appearances for Hearts reserves mean that he cannot play for Dunfermline reserves.’ It didn’t specially say cup only.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Tue 16 Oct 16:39

Robbo

Craigen.Durnan.Ashcroft.J Longridge.

Vincent M Martin L Longridge

Higgy.FEB Ryan.

If Craigen has the sort of game marking Stephen Dobbie he had controlling Steven Naismith we will be okay.I do not wish injury on any player but the omission of Gary Harkins is a boon.

Robbie Muirhead and Tom Beadling would walk into the team when fully fit but are they?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bencrawfordd  
Date:   Tue 16 Oct 17:45

I’m sorry Sliema but Robbie Muirhead should not be walking in to our starting eleven any time soon. He looks off the pace, and that was going by today’s reserve game, so a very recent example.

Pars Review: http://www.parsreview.org
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1BVIChsK6v-iTyJnKNf7Eg
Pars Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thedunfermlineway/
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Tue 16 Oct 19:31

I'd be tempted to go 4-2-3-1 but I'm not sure if any of our forwards can play as a lone striker.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 17 Oct 07:44

bencrawfordd:I did say Robbie could not be considered till he is fully fit.

It must be frustrating AJ and Sandy that he and Tom are taking quite so long.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Wed 17 Oct 08:48

When we say that players would walk into a team when fully fit, it must be galling for those who they would be replacing to hear that.
Unless we are talking of truly great players like Messi, Ronaldo, etc.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 09:55

Never gonna happen due to fitness levels but I’d love to see.....

Robinson
Williamson
Ashcroft
Beadling
Longridge

Higgy
Martin
Craigen
Longridge

Fass
Keena
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 10:10

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 10:12

Apart from Andy Ryan with FEB,so would I.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 12:03

Robinson

Williamson
Ashcroft
Durnan
Longridge

Beadling

Martin
Vincent

Longridge

Faissal
Ryan

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net