DAFC.net
Home 14 October 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Utter urine
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 16:59

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: UTter urine
Topic Originator: WheelKing99  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 17:07

[IP address logged]
 Re: Utter urine
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 17:23

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 17:25

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 17:48

Quote:

WORST, Sat 20 Oct 17:23

Too weak in the middle, too casual at the back. That blond lad run the ball down way too many times, and our lads allowed it time and again.
We fecked about with that tippy tappy stuff at the back and were caught....again.

Not bloody good enough imo, but I expect the usual few posters to say otherwise......again.

Not this one. Not this time. That was entirely his doing. I'm still wondering how it all happened. Utterly baffling.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 17:51

Just to confirm Parrot, you thought we were poor today ?
I’m on holiday so if you think it was rotten I’ll take it as a given.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 17:55

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Sat 20 Oct 17:51

QOS were garbage as well. We didn't deserve to lose but the performance was well below average. Huge parts of the game where neither team did anything at all. It was heading for another 0-0 result until they scored with their 2nd chance in the game when the best player in the park, Martin, lost the ball and two touches later it's in the net.

Terrible result

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 18:06

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Sat 20 Oct 17:51

I think we were better than them all match but never looked like scoring.
We didn't deserve to lose. That was once again down to an individual error. You could say Martin was waning and should have been subbed earlier.
We raised the tempo and seemed to be getting near to what's expected and the crowd were responding well but then, well I think AJ has to take full blame. Subs were all wrong. Total disaster. It was difinately his fault today. I feel sorry for the players getting booed.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dalgety_Par  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 18:08

Agree with you PARrot, we were the better team on the ball, but never looked like winning. Don't think we looked like losing either, until that one error.

From the first 10 minutes, it looked like it was going to be 0-0

It's common knowledge that Lionel Messi kept a photo of Hamish French by his bedside as inspiration every morning!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 18:17

We were at home to a poor opposition, we let QOS stifle us. Our players do not make the killer pass or shoot when the that option is the best. I left EEP feeling rotten, caught AJ eye and gave him the thumbs down. I never boo the team, others seem to think that’s right when it’s as bad as the tactics we have at present. Hopeful that the correct move will be made by the BoD or AJ just walks away from the club.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 18:18

We were the better team, and with a quality striker the game should of been wrapped up early in the 2nd half. Christ knows how the players feel but since last season they have got significantly worse at the basic skills of football. Some of the passes were a joke.
Dundee have destroyed FEB, trying hard but no just can’t get a break. And he always seems to be out on the wing instead of in the box. I’m sad to see him struggling as he was a player that promised so much.
The rest of the team aren’t much better & no progression since the end of last season. I’d rather watch last years team any day of the week.
I’m no looking forward to next week that’s for sure. My UTD supporting mate is gonna be ripping the p£&h oot me!
[IP address logged]
 Re: Utter uriine
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 19:43

Unless my arithmetic (sitting in a hotel in Mallorca) is out, that’s us played all clubs in the division for 2018/19.

We played well at Tannadice, however that clearly was a false dawn. That apart our league form has been not much above poor - a rub of the green v Partick and a win at worse than useless Falkirk not withstanding.

Football reality check has landed in south west Fife.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimMcDAFC  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 20:09

Well I think this defeat is definitely down to the manager. Martin was tiring very badly and was cought out doddling on the ball and was robbed of it twice before the fatal one and should have been subbed before this happened. Have to agree with Kirkliston par about Fais, still got very quick feet that beats opponents in a sixpence but that apart he seems a shadow of the player he was here before and before anyone mentions the seaside league who can forget the goals he scored against Dundee. Need to get back to using wide players and players that are prepared to run at defenders and commit them, Higgy comes to mind but team keep trying to pass their way through and are so slow doing this it usually ends with a hump up the park.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 20:16

I don’t think anybody who booed at the end was necessarily booing the players.

I give you a guess who it was aimed at......A........?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 21:32

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 21:34

I have never been so bored watching the Pars in over 20 years. Dross
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: d3monstrate  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 21:48

We are only 4 points behind 3rd... However, if we looked like we could win games then that would be fine. But we are also 4 points above 9th... Only saving grace is that Falkirk are terrible and Partick can't buy a win. Alloa are picking up points as well.

I've seen people saying AJ saved himself in the January transfer window last season. We also had a much better start, so we don't have until January any more. Change needs to happen quick, and if the manager won't change the team, then the manager needs to change
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 22:30

It's not really about changing the team. It's almost irrelevant which players AJ puts on the park because the problem is he is so tactically inept he can't get them playing worth a toss.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 13:05

Many Pars fans booed as the players left the field, some clapped I certainly did. The crowd focused on AJ as he reached the home end and he was bewildered by the response from the Main Stand and the Norrie. He even remonstrated at comments from the Main Stand, he looked to the Norrie, I caught his eye and gave the thumbs down, he knows the fans are hurting, just a pity the players were subjected to the booing that agreed was aimed at AJ in particular. Never booed the Pars and never will, not my style but wish others would think about the players, would you want to walk off to that kind of reception and its likely to get worse if AJ does not go.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 13:26

It's been said so many times about crowd booing and raging.

I'm afraid it comes with the territory.

Joiners and sparkies don't get booed if they mess up a few jobs, they just get sacked!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 13:43

Not saying it will be the same again this season but the top 4 at the end of the first quarter last season were the still the top 4 at the end of the season. We aren't scoring, are conceding silly goals and still don't have a settled team after 9 league games.Ross County are already on almost double our points already. I certainly wasn't expecting to win the league this season but by the same token I didn't expect to be writing us off completely half way through October.We won't end up top 4 because amongst our other deficiencies we don't have anyone who is going to score on a regular basis to fire us up the table.

I did think after the player turnaround in the summer it would be a 2 year job to rebuild but it's the performances and uninspiring nature of AJ as much as the results that have changed my mind.

Results aside the performances have, in the main, been terrible which reduces any cause for optimism.The manager deserves criticism but the players need to take a long hard look at themselves too.The games I've seen I've witnessed some players coming off at the end looking fresh as a daisy. The best way to get fans onside is to go beyond the call of duty, chase everything down and put a shift in-I honestly haven't seen that.Players worth their salt should be grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck showing some pride in their own performance despite the ineptitude of the manager.Some of the players are equally as culpable as the manager IMO. If we were losing and I was seeing some attacking football combined with maximum effort by the whole team it would make it marginally easier to swallow and I would be looking forward more positively.

There is probably no way back for AJ now-the fans are already voting with their feet and those that have continued to attend are now becoming more vocal with their opinions. The examples of managers turning around a situation like this are few and far between. Shoogly peg doesn't even cover it.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: