DAFC.net
Home 04 July 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 How much to get aj out
Topic Originator: forever black and white  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 18:18

How much do you think it would actually cost to get rid of aj .
£50000 , £75000
Just wondering
And How much will the pars loose if he stays , middle of the league ,lower crowds- less money from the turnstiles ,poor cup run .etc
That's the call the chairman needs to make now me thinks
Oh and by the way ,don't even get me started on the two year deal .THAT WAS MADNESS.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: How much to get aj out
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 18:42

Probably on £50k a year so will be around 80k mark ouch!

Said this last season and everyone shot me down. Why we gave a 2 year deal to a man of a failure last season is beyond me.

No doubt the centenary lifeline will pay his settlement. I for one will be cancelling mine. Dross
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 20:53

Managers, especially at our level, don't get the full contract paid up if they are sacked. There's usually an agreement that they get a few months paid up (maybe as much as 6, especially since our own manager has about 18 months of his still to run). So it won't be anything like 50 to 80k.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 21:03

Let’s have a whip round then....remember there are two incompetents...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 21:09

I doubt they would have to pay the full whack up front. Say he’s on £1000 per week, sack him and keep paying him £1000 per week. And there’s probably a clause that if he gets another job we stop paying him.

That’s all guesswork btw but it seems pretty logical.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 00:38

As I said on another post,who’s to say there is not a performance review clause?

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 01:07

Just over a year-and-a-half left of a ludicrous 2 year contract. Our boardroom must have padded walls if they're making decisions like that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 01:24

Quote:

1981par, Sat 20 Oct 18:42

Probably on £50k a year so will be around 80k mark ouch!

Said this last season and everyone shot me down. Why we gave a 2 year deal to a man of a failure last season is beyond me.

No doubt the centenary lifeline will pay his settlement. I for one will be cancelling mine. Dross

You say a lot of stuff that's absolute nonsense so getting shot down is hardly a big deal. A broken clock is right twice a day.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 02:56

Read the OP & thought the thread was about starting up a collection!!!

2015/16 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 05:32

Unless your going to pay it then this post is pointless. It will cost a fortune to sack AJ and Clarke nevermind bringing in 2 better replacements. we made our bed and we need to lie in it.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 07:33

Unless Jim Duffy becomes Manager and AJ becomes Director of Football till May 2020.

Problem solved financially.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 07:49

Lost our chance with Macca joining Dundee imo. Very few candidates left sadly
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 08:54

We cannot afford to terminate the management contract, but what happens if we lose income by retaining them.

Don't think we can afford that either.

It's not a good place for the BOD to be right now, but this bed that we've made and have to lie in, is becoming increasingly lumpy and uncomfortable.

What I hear off this forum is a regular trickle of fans saying they can't be ar**ed and often choosing to do other things on matchdays.

Meanwhile some of those who do go every game are being condemned when their disgust at the performances blow over into anger.

Like many others I keep looking for the team to do something that will lift me and apart from maybe ten minutes yesterday, there was nothing. Even then AJ killed it with his odd to say the least subs and reorganisation of those players up top.

Something needs to change, to help stop that trickle becoming a steady flow.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 10:43

Problem we have is that we have some "fans" who love to see us get beat so they can give their usual 2 pence worth get the manager out etc etc . It's not great but unfortunately the way the clubs finances are now we can't afford to take the risk and after all it is a risk of sacking someone for someone who might or might not do a better job. I've said it before the players have to take some of the blame imo. Can they say that they have given 100% every game I don't think they can. The fact is that we will stick by the club through thick and thin and this isn't ideal but it's a hell of a lot better than loosing our club which was a scary reality not too long ago.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 11:00

OK, so let's say the BoD decide enough is enough and show AJ the door in the next week or two. What happens next? Obviously, they spin the roulette wheel and take a gamble on another manager. Will they ask dotnet for a poll on who they should bring in and how much we should pay him?

Seriously though, what guarantee can the new man give that he'll be a significant improvement on AJ who knows the players inside out?

So we could spend a fair bit of money to pay off AJ (and presumably SC) and some more to bring in a new man and his assistant, or we could save some cash by promoting from within, like we did with Potter and McCann.........

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 11:31

That's nonsense cammypar. No fan I know has ever wanted the Pars to lose.

What's your take then GG? You're obviously in with the grassroots.

Maybe we didn't need to spend money on that gym, maybe we don't need a sports coach, or a goalkeeping coach, maybe we could reinstitute, something like the old Paragon club.

Maybe we could more actively promote hiring out the facilities for weddings, funeral receptions, birthday parties, anniversary parties etc.
Many golf clubs ans bowling clubs well with this kind of revenue.

Or maybe we just maintain the status who and see more unpleasant demonstrations like yesterday and just accept the argument, fact, that we can't afford things to change.

Maybe we'll go and beat DU next week and all the moans will stop.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA_NO1  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 11:34

maybe not wanting pars to lose but will but will be on berating AJ all week and when we win not a peep.

Did I miss the unpleasant demonstration ?

"a picture paints a thousand words"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 11:37

Think you know what I mean, it's been well commented on about shouting and swearing at the end of the game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 11:43

Quote:

mach1, Sun 21 Oct 11:31

Maybe we didn't need to spend money on that gym, maybe we don't need a sports coach, or a goalkeeping coach, maybe we could reinstitute, something like the old Paragon club.

Maybe we could more actively promote hiring out the facilities for weddings, funeral receptions, birthday parties, anniversary parties etc.

Or maybe we just maintain the status who and see more unpleasant demonstrations like yesterday and just accept the argument, fact, that we can't afford things to change.

We didn’t spend money on a gym, or stadium for that matter. PUEEP funded that in its entirety with generous donations from benefactors.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsclub  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 11:44

Bring in billy Mckinlay

HF05
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DeeMan  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 11:45

I feel the same about missing out on Neilson and ending up with Macca instead. Wish you guys (or us) had moved sooner.
Out of interest, as Big Ears seems to persona non grata at Dens who did McIntyre have as his assistant at East End? I remember Declan somebody but think he got punted along with Stephen Kenny.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AB Loyal  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 11:45

You canni just say “don’t sack him because a new man might do a worse job”😂😂😂that’s mental patter

The Prophet - 12/07/18, 13/06/19
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 11:46

Quote:

Do you know that the cost of employing staff and opening up EEP on nonmatch days creates enough revenue to cover the cost of hosting a funeral etc? I’m involved in a local golf club and the reason it works for us is our staff are in place already. We would certainly never open or bar or facilities for a funeral to make money commercially. I know for a fact the club have run the numbers too....

You strike me a typical poster who writes without thinking.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 11:49

Quote:

Then you obviously didn't hear the guys behind us then as soon as the first misplaced pass was made it was negative dribble oozing from the stands and as soon as the goal went in the posts of ai out was getting typed raises the question that some people want to be negative at every opportunity simple as that.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 11:49

Quote:

DeeMan, Sun 21 Oct 11:45

I feel the same about missing out on Neilson and ending up with Macca instead. Wish you guys (or us) had moved sooner.
Out of interest, as Big Ears seems to persona non grata at Dens who did McIntyre have as his assistant at East End? I remember Declan somebody but think he got punted along with Stephen Kenny.

Gerry McCabe, sacked before from you guys so presume that’s a non starter
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 11:59

"You strike me a typical poster who writes without thinking."

And you strike me as someone who is prepared to insult those you don't even know.

I also know that golf clubs take on extra temporary staff for functions and they do make money out of most of the non golfing events that they host.

Oh and since you know so much maybe you could enlighten us with the numbers you say the club have run.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 12:04

Quote:

mach1, Sun 21 Oct 11:59

"You strike me a typical poster who writes without thinking."

And you strike me as someone who is prepared to insult those you don't even know.

I also know that golf clubs take on extra temporary staff for functions and they do make money out of most of the non golfing events that they host.

Oh and since you know so much maybe you could enlighten us with the numbers you say the club have run.[/

Quite straightforward really.

What’s your next commercial moneyspinner?

Post Edited (Sun 21 Oct 12:42)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 12:27

Once again your sarcasm exceeds any points you try to make, but then you're with the biggest golf clubs in the area.

I know for a fact that smaller golf clubs actively encourage and welcome social events even taking on temporary staff if necessary.
They would not do that if it did not supplement the club's income.

Bowling clubs are the same.

I see you seem stuck on golf clubs. Any thoughts on other points I put in my post.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net