DAFC.net
Home 14 November 2018 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 AJ Post match
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 18:43

Can’t wait for this one. Shall I get the tape recorder and press play?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: AJ Post match
Topic Originator: Bod1004  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 18:46

Its another classic, played well, got to take the chances etc, etc,
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 18:47

A wee dig at how hard it is with fans getting on your back probably. He likes that deflection tactic.

Post Edited (Sat 20 Oct 18:48)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 18:50

He needs to give the fans something to cheer about.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 18:52

Quote:

mach1, Sat 20 Oct 18:50

He needs to give the fans something to cheer about.

Yes if he says I resign, that should do the trick

Post Edited (Sat 20 Oct 18:52)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 18:54

Biggest laugh of the interview were no far away what a statement.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 19:26

He's right. I think we are one change away from getting it right.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tribbiani  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 19:28

Quote:

Sierra Nevada, Sat 20 Oct 18:47

A wee dig at how hard it is with fans getting on your back probably. He likes that deflection tactic.

Beat me to it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 22:13

Basically the same interview every week, why doesn,t he just admit he got it wrong again.

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 22:30

Should of won it. That’s bloody obvious but once again we didn’t because either the players aren’t good enough or they have lost their way under AJ’s management/tactics.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 22:43

There was only one team who looked like winning in the second half and it wasn't QOS

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 22:46

I think we may well of won if AJ didn't make his tactical change. Sucked the momentum out of us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 01:29

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sat 20 Oct 22:43

There was only one team who looked like winning in the second half and it wasn't QOS

And I thought it was just me.....

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 01:51

We wur brulliant eh
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 06:40

Quote:

1981par, Sat 20 Oct 18:43

Can’t wait for this one. Shall I get the tape recorder and press play?

You're so predictable, 1981. I've read AJ's interview and can't find much wrong with it. Did you expect him to say we were rubbish and deserved to lose the game? You seem to have an almost pathological hatred of the manager, so much so that you actually pounced on his post match interview before it was released, no doubt thinking you were very witty in your OP. You have every right to feel angry and disappointed by our poor start in the league, but your constant persecution of our manager does you no favours.

Interestingly, Huddersfield' s manager said in his post match interview on MOTD, that he has now given the same interview in the last 7 games - his team has played well and created good chances but failed to take them and ended up losing.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 09:02

To say that only one team looked like winning it is pointless, because, even if true, the other team did win it.

Those after match interviews are also pointless, because obviously, the manager will attempt to defend his patch.

But even in the privacy of the dressing room, he can hardly speak a bit harder, because many of the shortcomings are his own fault.

Every manager who gets sacked, probably feels hard done by, that is human nature, but it is, as has been said so often, a results based business and poor results are why they lose their jobs.

Tough as it may seem that is the nature of the business.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA_NO1  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 09:08

It wasn't the best game yesterday but we were the better team and looked like the team wanting to win the game.

individual mistake has cost us again.

I don't think we are far away either tbh, we could win the next to game and be sitting in the top 4 its that tight.

"a picture paints a thousand words"
[IP address logged]

GG are you comparing us to Huddersfield who are over achieving??

His post match are now laughable. Come out and say I got the subs wrong. Always an excuse.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  

I've never understood the 'we looked the only team that was going to win'.

If QOTS tactics was to sit back and defend well countering on the break then they were never going to look like they would win...

End of the day they won.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 09:41

Same generic interview its those bad fans again , is this guy for real

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swifty  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 09:43

It’s a tough call to make. We have dominated games but our finishing in the final third has been poor, on occasions the ball has not broken for us and lots of good defending has denied us.

The managers substitutions are also baffling. To a person yesterday in the stand we were saying Martin (albeit good on the ball all day) had ran out of steam. He is dispossessed and Queens solitary shot on target all day hits the net!

The management team watch training all week so you would think they would know who is fit playing better and who deserves to be in the team etc. With the pool of players/talent we have at our disposal we should not be at the wrong end of the table.

Maybe time is running out for the management team. The Board may decide to give them another couple of games to turn the season around. There is no doubt about it an SPL play off place is looking increasingly unlikely.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 10:22

Quote:

1981par, Sun 21 Oct 09:08

GG are you comparing us to Huddersfield who are over achieving??

His post match are now laughable. Come out and say I got the subs wrong. Always an excuse.

No, I'm not. I merely pointing out that their manager admitted that he's saying the same thing after every game on a weekly basis and is obviously frustrated by it. I'm sure AJ would like to change his tune, too, but he can hardly do that if the results and performances are similar from week to week.

As a matter of curiosity, how did you come to the conclusion that Huddersfield are over achieving whilst the Pars are under achieving?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 10:31

Quote:

mach1, Sun 21 Oct 09:02

To say that only one team looked like winning it is pointless, because, even if true, the other team did win it.

How can something be pointless, when it's true. Would you prefer the manager to publicly berate his team for not pressing home their territorial advantage?

Those after match interviews are also pointless, because obviously, the manager will attempt to defend his patch.

I'm sure AJ would happily not bother with those after a defeat, especially at home, but the club obviously requires him to give them.

But even in the privacy of the dressing room, he can hardly speak a bit harder, because many of the shortcomings are his own fault.

Unless one of the players comes out and tells us, we cannot know how rough his tongue is in the privacy of the dressing room.

Every manager who gets sacked, probably feels hard done by, that is human nature, but it is, as has been said so often, a results based business and poor results are why they lose their jobs.

Tough as it may seem that is the nature of the business.

Can't argue with that, but it's also true that clubs who regularly change their managers are statistically less successful, though of course, that's a chicken and egg situation.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 13:38

You must have been a good defender GG, because you seem not to concede many points without resistance.
Quite right too.

Unlike yourself, I don't know the stats for clubs who change their management, but I've got to assume that they have Boards who have made the decisions in the belief that change was needed.

Otherwise, the number of times it happens would mean that clubs are full of directors with poor judgment.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 16:42

All we need from him is "I resign" none of his usual bollocks.!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Scrimmers249  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 16:44

Will be the same usual crap tonight. How about he just ***** off once and for all
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 16:53

Dunfermline were the stronger team certainly in 1st half.
Pretty unlucky to lose today, need to start taking chances Ryan last few minutes shows that.

Please don't book me Admin, it will ruin my life.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 17:13

Are you on the windup, or does Parstv distort reality?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 18:07

Slightly better in the first half, gifted them a goal. Then, again, failed to show up second half while having a comedy show in defence. A better team than utd would've scored 5 or 6.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 18:57

Quote:

mach1, Sat 27 Oct 17:13

Are you on the windup, or does Parstv distort reality?

Nope. We definately were stronger than them in the first half. Still had nothing to get excited about though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: InschPar  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 19:07

Thought he sounded very subdued and defeatist in his post match interview, I think he is awaiting the tap on the shoulder and the handshake !!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 19:21

same old excuses to cover up hes ran out of ideas....if he had any in the first place before anyone else says it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 19:27

Personally I thought Dundee looked comfortable. Should have been 3-0
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DayMan  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 19:22

In Gerrards post match interview today, after losing to Aberdeen, the 1st thing he said was that he takes full responsibility for the loss and the performance.
I'd love something like that from AJ.

Fighter of The NightMan. Champion of the sun.
He's a master of karate & friendship for everyone.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 19:23

You will have a very long wait....

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 19:27

''In Gerrards post match interview today, after losing to Aberdeen, the 1st thing he said was that he takes full responsibility for the loss and the performance.
I'd love something like that from AJ.''

Managers who do that are usually deflecting any criticism away from the players.

If AJ came out and said that, it wouldn't make the pain of defeat any less for me, even if it was honest and true.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 19:30

But it would still be nice to hear GG Riva instead of the same old rubbish? Don’t you agree?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 19:41

I would agree with you 1981par. It should have been a comfortable 3-0 win. Up front the pars have been ineffective and at the back we have given away easy goals. First job seems to me to be to tighten up defensively at home. We are not winning games at home so at least stop losing games. 0-0 draws will do at this stage. I personally dont think the squad is good enough to win promotion this season. Better teamwork is needed for sure and that would get us into the playoffs.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 19:48

Quote:

1981par, Sun 28 Oct 19:30

But it would still be nice to hear GG Riva instead of the same old rubbish? Don’t you agree?

It's always good to hear someone being completely honest, 1981, but perhaps AJ is being sincere as he sees it, even if you obviously don't agree with his views.

What I would say is that the manager of any football club is in the best position of knowing all the facts and therefore able to make the most honest assessment. Some managers will be completely honest, others will try to shift the blame....

Which camp do you think Jose Mourinho belongs to?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 19:57

I don't know about Jose, but I've never once heard AJ accept any fault for poor performances.

I'd have more respect for him if he occasionally admitted some things he got wrong.
Saturday's subs coming on with no warmup time e.g.
Or last week's being bemusing to most spectators.

But he can't open up too much, or he could talk himself out the door.

He should know he is safe though, as we can't afford to pay him off, so a wee bit honest realism would be nice and maybe endear him to some who are always on his case these days.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 20:33

It’s becoming really hard to find any positives to help AJ

My honest opinion is that he must get a win on Tuesday or it’s time up I’m afraid, the season is becoming lost and the fans are rightly becoming more and more frustrated with the standard of fare on show, especially at home
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 21:35

I dont know about a must win at Inverness. That's a tough one.
Alloa though could be the beginning of the end if not the end. That is a must win.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cmonpar  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 22:16

Are these questions scripted. Why not ask, why were the subs not warming up? How did you think the subs were going to change the game? AJ gets an easy ride post match and the same questions every week.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Oct 06:52

Quote:

cmonpar, Sun 28 Oct 22:16

Are these questions scripted. Why not ask, why were the subs not warming up? How did you think the subs were going to change the game? AJ gets an easy ride post match and the same questions every week.

They might not be scripted, but I'd imagine the manager might ask to look at them beforehand and any he did not wish to answer would be taken out. This is fairly common practice throughout football.

We've all seen managers storm out of interviews because they were asked some awkward questions. Anyone remember Jolly Jim McLean's last post match interview at Tannadice? 😃

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Oct 07:46

I remember when he threatened to punch an interviewer because he didn't like the question being asked.
Don't think AJ would go that far though.
He'd have to take his hands out of his pockets lol.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Oct 07:53

He did punch him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7P7XJxATAA

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Mon 29 Oct 08:03

opic Originator: GG Riva like | nolike
Date: Mon 29 Oct 06:52

Quote:

They might not be scripted, but I'd imagine the manager might ask to look at them beforehand and any he did not wish to answer would be taken out. This is fairly common practice throughout football.

We've all seen managers storm out of interviews because they were asked some awkward questions. Anyone remember Jolly Jim McLean's last post match interview at Tannadice? 😃

———-
If that the case, GG, I’d post up the questions he refused to answer too. In fact just thinking about he or any manager refusing to be asked certain questions sickens me. IMO, they should be answering questions about their tactics and what their plans were when making changes after the fact.
I hope the BOD are asking these questions?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Oct 08:11

Incidentally. Not one Pars fan I’ve spoken to since Saturday has backed AJ, everyone I’ve spoken to has said they want him gone.
Even some of his backers on here are changing their tune, and finding it more difficult to defend him.
I have backed this BOD since they took over the helm, and I’ll still back any decision they’ll make in running our club. If that means AJ staying, then so be it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Oct 08:15

The interviews on parstv are just to round off the highlights.

No offence meant, but they are just not ever going to put the manager under pressure by asking anything too awkward or embarrassing.

Just a tepid wee rounding off of the package.

Need to get Tam Cowan or Cosgrove in if you want searching questions asked.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 29 Oct 08:30

The guys have to be careful in what they ask. Remember they have to keep the club sweet so that they get to film.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 29 Oct 08:30

Not so long ago Jordan Burt (dafcburty), who often does the post-match interviews, gave an excellent explanation of the constraints which apply in carrying out these interviews.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 29 Oct 08:37

Correct. Burty recently explained on here the rationale behind his line of questioning.

I don't watch AJ's post match interviews anymore and I am sure others choose not to do so too.

Post match, I prefer to watch Ben Crawford's excellent vlogs which offer a fresh perspective from the stands.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Oct 08:53

Appreciate it from your point of view Oz.

I rarely watch the post match interviews or Ben's vlogs tbh.
I sit less than twenty yards from Ben so I am surrounded by the atmosphere anyway.

Don't want to be reminded lol.

Well done to all who make an effort though before I get panned for being discourteous.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Mon 29 Oct 09:58

They often ask good questions but AJ just gives the same answer, need to defend better, score goals, put wins together blah blah
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Oct 10:11

''If that the case, GG, I’d post up the questions he refused to answer too. In fact just thinking about he or any manager refusing to be asked certain questions sickens me. IMO, they should be answering questions about their tactics and what their plans were when making changes after the fact.
I hope the BOD are asking these questions?''

Careful not to put words in my mouth Stevie. I didn't say AJ refuses to answer any or some questions he doesn't like. I was just making a general point re managers. Some are very clear on what they are prepared to discuss post match. Jose and Fergie are two, high profile managers, who spring readily to mind. I'm sure there are plenty of others.

Also, as EEAP alludes further up, if you alienate a manager by asking too many awkward questions, you risk losing these interviews altogether. I'd be surprised if it's in AJ's contract to give them.

''They often ask good questions but AJ just gives the same answer, need to defend better, score goals, put wins together blah blah''

What would you expect him to say, Nick? The questions tend to be much the same every week, tbf - just dressed up slightly differently. If we lose a game, as we did on Saturday, because we conceded poorly defended goals and failed to convert any chances, what exactly can the manager say?

If he made some extravagant claim, which was palpably untrue, we'd all be on his case....... He tells it as he sees it and you're still not happy.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 29 Oct 10:15

<<What would you expect him to say, Nick? The questions tend to be much the same every week, tbf - just dressed up slightly differently. If we lose a game, as we did on Saturday, because we conceded poorly defended goals and failed to convert any chances, what exactly can the manager say?>>

If Yogi gets a gig here, you might want to reframe that answer, GG...

:)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Oct 14:59

Apologies, GG. I was still half asleep when I posted that. I didn’t mean it to sound the way it did.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 29 Oct 15:11

I find AJ (and a few others) very difficult to listen to. Maybe petty but the way he always starts a response with a "no" then goes onto agree with the point being made is pretty irritating.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: petrie_pants  
Date:   Mon 29 Oct 16:53

Quote:

GG Riva, Mon 29 Oct 06:52

Quote:

I'd be very surprised if the manager was screening the questions. No journalist worth their salt would allow that to happen.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Oct 17:21

Quote:

petrie_pants, Mon 29 Oct 16:53

Quote:

GG Riva, Mon 29 Oct 06:52

Quote:

I'd be very surprised if the manager was screening the questions. No journalist worth their salt would allow that to happen.

You've obviously never heard interviews where the manager has cut the interview short, with a parting shot along the lines of "I told you I wouldn't be answering any questions relating to....." It's understandable when the interviewer wants to stray off the game and asks about a different issue. Jose's particularly good at that, but he's by no means the only one.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FergPar  
Date:   Mon 29 Oct 17:31

Aye but it's Allan Johnston, not Jose Mourinho.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: