DAFC.net
Home 13 July 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Embarrassing
Topic Originator: kozmanout  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 20:08

Today I was ashamed by events at east end park, not by what happened on the pitch but by a small minority of our fans who decided to abuse our management team as they left the pitch.
Yes today and this season has been disappointing so far but that in no way mitigates the bile thrown at AJ and Sandy today.
Do I think we need a change, yes.
Do I think that booing the players and management team off the pitch will improve things, no.
Before the game today I told both my sons how important it was too support the team through bad times, that's what supporting your local team is all about, I've just watched Huddersfield get beat again yet the fans stay with them.
Is this what supporting Dunfermline is all about?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Embarrassing
Topic Originator: DAVEDAFC  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 20:10

Quote:

kozmanout, Sat 20 Oct 20:08

Today I was ashamed by events at east end park, not by what happened on the pitch but by a small minority of our fans who decided to abuse our management team as they left the pitch.
Yes today and this season has been disappointing so far but that in no way mitigates the bile thrown at AJ and Sandy today.
Do I think that booing the players and management team off the pitch will improve things, no.
Before the game today I told both my sons how important it was too support the team through bad times, that's what supporting your local team is all about, I've just watched Huddersfield get beat again yet the fans stay with them.

Pihs, Huddersfield are overachieving to even be in that league. Dunfermline as a club as underachieving almost every single week.

Talk Scottish Football, podcasts and interviews from the wonderful world of Scottish Football.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-QlR0WEDhHA2uxOa5I8FBw
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 20:14

What a load of tosh. We pay our money and are entitled to express our opinion.

Every single person who booed after that debacle was entitled to ....and it was well justified.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 20:20

It's the only way the fans have to let the club and the Board know how unhappy they are with events and how much they would like change.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 20:26

Small minority l think not!

OP on the wind up I think.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 20:37

Quote:

kozmanout, Sat 20 Oct 20:08

top post mate.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 20:45

Yes.Top post.Its hard being a pars fan at times like today.But I won't resort to abusing players or management. Don't think any of them are enjoying it .Things are not working out, but hopefully it will be sorted. I'll stick with them.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 21:07

So will the vast majority of those who gave vent to their feelings.

I suggest those like AAPS actually go to a few games before passing judgement on fans who have nearly had it with AJ and his poor management, judgement, substitutions, tactical non awareness and more.

Top post my back passage.

Sick of the sanctimonious preaching from those who don't like criticism.

It is the only way the fans can get their message across that what we have in place is not good enough. I don't do it, but I cannot condemn those who do.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 21:08

Quote:

twin par, Sat 20 Oct 20:45

Yes.Top post.Its hard being a pars fan at times like today.But I won't resort to abusing players or management. Don't think any of them are enjoying it .Things are not working out, but hopefully it will be sorted. I'll stick with them.

Poor deluded you if you think hopefully it will be sorted
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 21:14

Quote:

mach1, Sat 20 Oct 21:07

So will the vast majority of those who gave vent to their feelings.

I suggest those like AAPS actually go to a few games before passing judgement on fans who have nearly had it with AJ and his poor management, judgement, substitutions, tactical non awareness and more.

Top post my back passage.

Sick of the sanctimonious preaching from those who don't like criticism.

It is the only way the fans can get their message across that what we have in place is not good enough. I don't do it, but I cannot condemn those who do.

That's fair comment. I'm just waiting for the alternatives from AJ

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 21:19

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 21:32

If "the only way "that some Fans can put across to the Board that they are disappointed and expect change ;is by profanities and by abuse; then heaven help us.

I think the Board,Management and Playing staff are only too well aware tonight that the dam has burst.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 21:34

I remember Stephen Kenny getting stick, I actually felt sorry for him. Also I remember the treatment dished out to Jock Scott. Possibly because of my age I don't like booing and swearing at managers or even the team. Last season I stopped going to games, my empty seat was how I made my feelings known. I am almost at that stage again however last season it was the cup tie in January when I stopped going. Hopefully we will get a change before I leave my seat vacant again.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 21:35

Sliema par we are failing massively. Get the Googles off
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 22:05

Like the vast majority of Pars fans, (I think) I left EEP this afternoon feeling disappointed, frustrated, bewildered and even a little angry.

I wasn't surprised at the angry reaction after the final whistle and I wouldn't imagine AJ and his management team (and the players) were either. Most fans wear their hearts on their sleeves and emotions run raw when expectations are not met.

I don't want to pass judgement on those who shouted abuse at the management team and the players today, but it's not something I've ever indulged in, in 55 years as a Pars fan and I don't see me starting now.

That doesn't mean I was happy with today's result or performance, just that I don't see what good it would do either me or the team I support (including the current manager) to shout out a load of abuse. Players and managers hate losing games as much as any fan. There's clearly a confidence issue with the team just now, but that's by no means the only reason results have been poor.

The BoD will be hurting, too. After every poor result, they need to decide whether to give AJ more time or not. Knowing the decent folk they are, it will not be an easy decision for them to make, if they decide to dispense with his services. Not only that, they'll be gambling on the new appointment coming in and doing a better job, with a squad of players he does not know and perhaps does not want......

Is this a risk they'll want to take? Some fans have no doubts, but I have plenty of reservations. The best time to bring in a new manager is unquestionably at the end of a season. That gives him an opportunity to bring in the type of player he wants and move on those he doesn't.

We won't know if the BoD made the right decision to give AJ a new contract last May or not until the prizes are given out next May. Granted, at this moment, things don't look great but nothing has been decided yet. There were plenty of folk calling for AJ's head before Christmas last season, before he turned things around and with a bit of luck, we could have gone up through the play offs rather than Livi.

I wouldn't push the ejector button just yet...........

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net