DAFC.net
Home 13 July 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 What does it take to go to the next level?
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 21:04

As the subject says, last season we were playing against St Mirren & Livingston, considering how the season ended for ourselves. Pretty positive in my eyes. as I believed that if we had beaten UTD then we would of managed to beat Livingston & been able to clinch promotion. We had had the better of Livy all season. Over all we had also done well against ST Mirren.
Since then St Mirren have struggled in the spl which is a surprise to me as I thought it would be Livingston who would find it harder.
Is it board showing ambition & willing to take the risk in making the big decisions, changing coach staff, having a clear understanding of exactly what each individual brings to the team & being brutal in only keeping them at the club if they can do you job you require now. I was surprised when we were able to sign the Longridge brothers but having watched them this season. I can see why they weren’t given the chance to play in the spl.
In the future should our club learn from this and be a bit more ruthless?
Please don’t turn this into an AJ out thread, too many of them already.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: What does it take to go to the next level?
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 21:12

At least we kept Dobbie fairly quiet, however the blond haired guy was in our face the whole game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 21:25

For all that we,proudly,have bigger Gates than half the Premiership; the bottom line is that the two clubs with money ie Dundee United and Ross County will battle it out this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 22:30

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 22:44

I’d agree SN, I think AJ has lost the ability to motivate the players.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 20 Oct 23:03

A good manager. I've been very impressed by Gary Holt.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Sat 20 Oct 23:03)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 00:33

Mach the blonde haired guy was effective as he was tall, physical and strong, apart from our central defenders only other player who had this is warming the bench.

We’re a team of lightweight midgets who get bullied out of the points more often or not.

It gets better, we’re a long ball from the back team with the smallest midfeild and strike force in the league.

He let falkingham go as he was too small to compete so we sign Connolly who is tiny.

Need some pace and height in this team pronto. Where is L Longridge supposed to be playing? Either he’s useless or he doesn’t know what aj is wanting from him. Positionally he’s all over the place and there’s no right hand side of our team.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 07:31

Jim Duffy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GEW35  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 08:22

Jim Duffy? You’re on the wind up surely? He’s not the answer at EEP. Fingers crossed he signs on the dotted line with Dumbarton today.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 08:37

All that berkey posted above shows how inept our manager's game philosophy has become.
Yesterday amplified everything about such lack of ideas.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 09:03

Give Stephen Kenny a whirl again.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 09:53

A tactically aware coach would be a start, A.J just doesn,t have a clue and niether does his so called assistant, yes we are the most lightwieght team in the league and get bullied out the game most weeks by even the most mediocre sides, thes are A.J,s signings has he not learned anything over the past few seasons, Livi were probably the most physical team in the division last season and look where it,s got them.

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimMcDAFC  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 10:30

Suppose we had won yesterday say 1-0 and continued to win playing that way with 1- 0 results, even if it took us to the top of the league i for one would not be happy watching that kind of football. I may be of a minority but I want to be entertained with a bit of attacking flair and a we but if desire to win. I starting to think a lot of the players in our team are just going through the motions and picking up their wages and if we don't want them then they will be picked up by another team and so the circle continues. I really don't know where we go from here but I think we have to many players who lack ambition.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 10:37

Quote:

JimMcDAFC, Sun 21 Oct 10:30

Suppose we had won yesterday say 1-0 and continued to win playing that way with 1- 0 results, even if it took us to the top of the league i for one would not be happy watching that kind of football. I may be of a minority but I want to be entertained with a bit of attacking flair and a we but if desire to win. I starting to think a lot of the players in our team are just going through the motions and picking up their wages and if we don't want them then they will be picked up by another team and so the circle continues. I really don't know where we go from here but I think we have to many players who lack ambition.

You probably are in a minority, along with me, Jim. That first half seemed to go on forever, but thankfully the last 35 mins were a big improvement, even if we did concede near the end. I think most fans put the result ahead of performance. I once started a thread on this very subject and although dotnet may not be representative of all football fans, it was quite conclusive.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 10:50

If we won yesterday we would be 1 point from a playoff slot with a game in hand over Utd.
There would be a much more positive tone on here if that was so.

Such fine margins can make such a difference in such an emotional sport.

We lost though, and this time even I think it was completely down to managerial error. The Martin slip up aside - but he should have been off earlier.

This is the first time I have not defended AJ.
I wish for his sake he just held his hands up and said ok sorry I got that wrong it was my fault this time.
I think he would have regained some respect if he had.

I hope he can turn it round yet but I think to do that he has to be honest with himself.

A couple of weeks could see this conversation change dramatically in his favour or seal his fate.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 11:01

If I'd rather we have a team that's enjoyable to watch and maybe doesn't win every week than a team that plays the negative carp like AJ. My opinion buf i dont get home for games very often anymore and the way we play just now is not worth the transport and ticket costs
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 12:04

Quote:

PARrot, Sun 21 Oct 10:50

If we won yesterday we would be 1 point from a playoff slot with a game in hand over Utd.
There would be a much more positive tone on here if that was so.

Think that's what makes it worse and much more frustrating, if we were performing better we would be in a comfy playoff position right now. It's always been a case of too little too late for AJ and seems like it's going to happen again.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 12:06

Agree honk, you could see the blond haired guy was getting closer and closer to a tiring Martin but aj waited too long again.

Do we know to get a player fit? I always thought game time helped players coming back? Beadling and muirhead can’t even get 10 minutes to help them back.

Muirhead gets 60 mins when clearly unfit then as he’s getting fitter he gets nothing! What is AJ doing?

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net