DAFC.net
Home 14 October 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Accountability - BoD
Topic Originator: BaldridgePar  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 09:06

Firstly, I think the current BoD have done a great job in stabilizing the club and getting us back to the Championship over the last 5 years, from us teetering on the edge of the abyss.

Whilst AJ will undoubtedly carry the can for the poor performances on the park, along with the poor recruitment in the summer, I think the BoD have to be held accountable for providing AJ with a 2 year deal following a mediocre season just gone.

The biggest issue I have with the BoD is their allowance of all those key players leaving in the summer through not having contracts sorted out well in advance.

I'm delighted that they are running the club in a more sustainable fashion, but were they a bit naive in the way they handled player contracts? Or do you believe that they were correct in only handing these guys 1 year contracts?

This in my opinion has been the main reason behind our poor start to the season.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Accountability - BoD
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 09:10

We let all our best players leave and gave a man who has failed a 2 year deal.

Thanks BOD but you’ve got this one wrong.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 09:22

Was anyone on here privy to the conversations with the manager, Board etc re the players who left? I am anything but happy with the state of affairs at the moment, but I will not start blaming the Board for some of those players who left. They wanted to leave so please, think about it. Everybody is entitled to their opinions, but I believe this is the time for us all to stick together , just like the time when the FANS SAVED OUR CLUB , I would hate to go back to how we were before this Board took the reins.
Footnote...Does any of us know the content of the two year deal given to AJ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA_NO1  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 09:45

We are not alone in having a poor start to the season.

Some clubs wielded the Axe already and it hasn't been the answer, we are not cast adrift and team above us will drop more points.

AJ gets pelters all the time on here ever since his first season.

"a picture paints a thousand words"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 09:56

The first two posts are inaccurate and ill informed.
But no doubt someone will get upset at me pointing that out and criticise me for criticising them for criticising the board..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 10:01

The board already addressed this by saying they did offer some players two year deals but they only wanted to sign one year deals.

Players are obviously going to look for better deals when they are available. Everyone that went to United is more than likely getting paid more cash and there's little the board can do to stop that happening.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 10:19

The issue of players leaving has been addressed so many times and gone through in detail yet some folk keep bringing it up with all sorts of accusations. I sometimes wonder if some posters only read their own posts.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 10:45

Quote:

1981par, Sun 21 Oct 09:10

We let all our best players leave and gave a man who has failed a 2 year deal.

Thanks BOD but you’ve got this one wrong.

You don't half talk some mince, sometimes 1981. We did not "let our best players leave" as has been explained to you on here countless times. We offered the likes of Morris, Clark, Aird and McManus the best deal we could afford and well before the end of the season. They chose not to sign these, preferring to wait and see if their agents could get them a better deal elsewhere and guess what? They did.

It doesn't matter how often you repeat a lie, it remains a lie.

On the subject of the manager, he has improved the Pars league position in each of the 3 previous seasons he's been at EEP. You describe that as failure.

Words fail me.

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Sun 21 Oct 10:45)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 10:49

The players only care about where pays most which is totally understandable nothing the bod could do to keep them clutching at straws I think

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LesliePar  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 10:49

The board getting slated because players left for more money? Jesus wept.

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 10:55

You know it's bad when they are looking this far into it for a thing to complain about LP

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 12:10

I fail to see how you can blame the board for players leaving tbh. However the decision to give AJ a two year deal was absolutely mental, said so at the time and performances so far have only reaffirmed that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 12:32

I’m not defending the way the team are playing, or substitutions yesterday but AJ has improved the team year on year and narrowly lost out in a play off.

If you were meeting the targets your boss set and then you didn’t get a new contract , wouldn’t you feel you had a grievance?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 13:00

cant blame the board for players leaving.

AJ has probably told them it will take time to re-build the team and reckons it will need two years.

What the board and AJ and the Fans will want is the team at the top of the table but the board and AJ may be signed up to the longer plan.

I still think we will be in top 4 around xmas time.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 13:12

Fair play about the players not wanting to sign up, but it's all if's and buts as none of us know what really occurred. But I do agree there's not much we can do when teams offer more money than we can.

@DA NO1 - we have played 5 home league games so far, won 1, drawn 1 and lost 3. In those games we have scored 2 goals and conceded 7.

We've also been beaten at home in cup games by Hearts and Alloa. So played 7 games at home and lost 5 of them.

On what basis does that give you optimism that we'll be in the top 4 by Xmas?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 14:19

defence is looking tighter.

Higgy and Williamson close to getting back fit giving us a better balance on the right allowing craigen to move back into the middle.
Beadling cant be far away from starting

The fact that teams are taking point of each other every week

beat Utd (you never know) and we go 1 point behind them with a game in hand.

Played well against Hearts
didn't get beat by alloa over the 90 min in the cup.

Since Inverness beat us 3-0 at home we have played 7 won 2 drawn 4 and lost 1

Robinson gift for the Morton goal
mistake yesterday for qots goal
really should have beat Alloa both games but lacking in the final 3rd is costing us, that final ball not happening at the moment

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 14:35

Hmm hmm.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 15:36

“Fair play about the players not wanting to sign up, but it's all if's and buts as none of us know what really occurred.”

Yes we do. AJ told everyone at the Supporters Council meeting at that time. It’s also mentioned above.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 15:50

Maybe the players didnt want to sign as they were fed up playing under AJ? I don't know, guess we'll never really know.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 16:04

Quote:

BaldridgePar, Sun 21 Oct 15:50

Maybe the players didnt want to sign as they were fed up playing under AJ? I don't know, guess we'll never really know.

Considering far more re-signed than left it would tell you that actually AJ isn’t the issue....as he said to everyone each of the 4 that left were offered far more money than we offered, seems quite clear why they left
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 16:13

Quote:

BaldridgePar, Sun 21 Oct 15:50

You seem determined to pin the blame for the players who left after being offered a deal on AJ. Why is that?

You do realise that players who are regular starters, normally get on quite well with the manager? It's the ones who are regularly on the bench or in the stand who ate usually hacked off with him because they feel they should be playing.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 18:46

I am pointing the finger at him, for letting the likes of M'Voto, Wedderburn, Cardle & Paton go, when in my opinion the majority of these guys would walk right in to our team at the moment.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WheelKing99  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 19:12

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 19:34

Quote:

WheelKing99, Sun 21 Oct 19:12

The players that left didn’t want to play for AJ.. Heard that from several sources close to the club.

That is complete bollox, Wheelie! The ones who left of their own free will left for more money. I don't have a problem with that.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 19:50

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 19:58

AJ is not necessarily the calm nonplussed chap who gives those sanguine, no blame post match interviews.

He has upset a few former players, unless they have lied or have another reason for their own comments.

But that is also part of life, not everyone can get on with their bosses all the time.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 20:05

Quote:

WheelKing99, Sun 21 Oct 19:50

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 21 Oct 19:34

Quote:

WheelKing99, Sun 21 Oct 19:12

The players that left didn’t want to play for AJ.. Heard that from several sources close to the club.

That is complete bollox, Wheelie! The ones who left of their own free will left for more money. I don't have a problem with that.

It is definitely not bollox.

Let's just say I have a source, too and I believe him to be more reliable than any number of yours - no offence intended to you or them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 20:48

One of the players who left, is the partner of my neice. He hated leaving the pars, got on well with AJ, but nearly doubled his wages. We can't compete with that. Like it or lump it.
Conclusion. GG RIVA is spot on.
Your just a trouble maker wheelie.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 21:08

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toumba Libre  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 21:58

[Post Deleted] - Deliberately provoking fellow DAFC.net poster(s)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 22:12

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 22:26

Noticed you didn't answer the question though.... Well swerved 😉

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 22:59

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 23:01

'Sources close to the club' = two guys standing at the bus stop in Halbeath Road outside EEP.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 23:44

Well I've been getting steadily angrier since yesterday till now it's burstin' oot like a boil.

Sometimes I can't help thinkin' who the F do some folk on this forum think they are? Allan Sugar and Sir Alex rolled intae one? They're slating the folk who run one o' the biggest football clubs in Scotland. They seem tae think it's like runnin' a pub darts team. It's a wonder some o' them can get their heid in the door!

Our BOD want success. Our management team want success. Where's the issue? They're all tryin'. Cut them some slack!

What d'you think Sir Alex would think o' the situation - "AJ can GTF?" Without pretendin' tae know much of what he thinks, I'll bet ma life he doesn't think that. He KNOWS better. If you've got any respect for the likes o' Sir Alex and his opinions - ie folk who know what they're talkin' about when it comes tae runnin' a football club - try having some for AJ and our BOD.

Save yer "GTF" for the likes o' Vladimir Putin. It's totally out of order in regard tae our manager.

Now where's the lint?

Post Edited (Sun 21 Oct 23:48)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 23:59

Wrong thread.

Post Edited (Mon 22 Oct 00:05)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 00:10

Ref: Grant
Date: Sun 21 Oct 23:59

<<< Wrong thread. >>>

I'm no splittin' hairs wi' ye or arguin' for the sake o' it. I'm sure ye get ma drift.

Edit:Sorry Grant, if ye were jokin'. I just got it. A smiley would've helped.😉

Post Edited (Mon 22 Oct 00:15)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 05:54

Quote:

Blackandwhiteblood, Sun 21 Oct 20:48

One of the players who left, is the partner of my neice. He hated leaving the pars, got on well with AJ, but nearly doubled his wages. We can't compete with that. Like it or lump it.

I know who your niece's partner is now, BAWB. 😃

He said the same to me but isn't the source I was referring to further up, as I'm not 100% certain that players always tell folk the absolute truth when it comes to wages and I can't blame them - it's thei business. I'll repeat the only players who are likely to have an issue with the manager are those who do not start regularly.

Players who train hard all week want to play on the Saturday. Hardly rocket science, is it?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 09:15

Quote:

GG Riva, Mon 22 Oct 05:54

Quote:

Blackandwhiteblood, Sun 21 Oct 20:48

I know who your niece's partner is now, BAWB. 😃

He said the same to me but isn't the source I was referring to further up, as I'm not 100% certain that players always tell folk the absolute truth when it comes to wages and I can't blame them - it's thei business. I'll repeat the only players who are likely to have an issue with the manager are those who do not start regularly.

Players who train hard all week want to play on the Saturday. Hardly rocket science, is it?

Absolutely. Its a problem with pools of players and when mixed with freedom of contract and low wages can be a bit toxic for clubs like ours.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 10:32

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 11:21

GG Riva must be AJ in disguise as he knows all the answers.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 12:00

''Not all players are strictly motivated by money. Certainly not when it’s only an extra couple of hundred pounds.''

Absolutely, but some of the players who left (and you don't have to be Albert Einstein to work out who) are on a lot more than they were on at EEP or we could afford to offer them to keep them here. (See BAWB's post further up.)

''I am certain we’d have kept several of the players that left if we had a manager who wasn’t completely useless.''

Well that's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but I think you couldn't be more wrong. A player's career is very short and they owe it to their families to bring in as much as they can before it ends. There are plenty of former footballers around just now who live very modestly and had to get jobs when they retired from football because they were paid peanuts.

As for AJ, the team are not playing well just now, but it's not all down to him. If he was as useless as you make out, we'd still be in League 1 where we spent THREE seasons, in case you've forgotten.........

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 12:07

A couple of hundred quid is also a lot of money at this level. I've had jobs that I've left for a grand or two a year more and the extra definitely helps and that was when I was single. I can only imagine the extra money becomes even more alluring if you have a family to support.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 12:14

Pay no attention to Wheelie.... I'm starting to think that he has a bit of a dislike for our manager so everything is his fault.
Car wouldn't start this morning =AJ's fault
Bank charges on my overdraft =AJ's fault
Price of petrol gone up again =AJ's fault....
Ye get the drift.
I might be wrong mind... But I've just got a feeling 😉

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 14:57

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 15:56

Clark and Aird probably moved to United because they were dying to work with Csaba Laszlo.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 16:03

You just never believe anything that anyone says which seems a negative criticism.

Trouble is sarcasm does not undo what people have heard and believe to be true.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 16:12

I thought it was generally accepted that Clark and Aird moved to United for more money and Morris and McManus moved to Ross Co for the same reason.? I'm just a bit sceptical when someone comes up with a different explanation well after the event. Did Nicky Clark not enjoy working with his Dad either? After all, he was the reason he kept on getting a game - another .net gem of a rumour.

I'd be as well saying you never believe anything anyone says that is positive about the management of the club.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 16:32

I think it might have been McManus's dad that was posting on here and in a post that was deleted fairly sharpish so I don't know how many people saw it, he definitely made reference to the contract offer being poor from DA relative to what was being offered elsewhere. Not 100% sure it was him or his dad but it was definitely a relation to one of the players that left.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 16:34

OK.

All I will say is that two former players have said to me that AJ is not the most likeable guy to work with.
One was referring to on the training ground and the other more generally.

Now maybe they were too sensitive, maybe they were right to be criticised if that's what happened.

I never asked for any details, but I don't think they were making things up and I definitely am not.

These were both from two seasons ago.

On the contrary, one person who has trained with the Pars said he really enjoyed the experience and everybody was decent with him, including the coaches.

I believed him too.

All depends what your experiences are.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 16:46

Shock horror! Some players get on better with the manager or like working with him more than others. That's different from saying that certain players moved on because they did not want to work with him.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 16:49

I think in a nutshell you've just about described any work place going and peoples relationships with their managers.

I know football is quite unique in a lot of respects but I think the board would have a bit of a sense of AJs standing amongst the players and if we were hemoragging players that shared the same views as the first two players you allude to then I'm sure they would take appropriate action to address that whether it be a heads up on his man management style or dismissal if he was burning bridges beyond reprieve.

The bits and pieces that folk get told, are, as you've quite rightly already highlighted, down to personal experience but the board have to look at it as a whole with far more information than any of us will ever have.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 16:55

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 22 Oct 16:46

Shock horror! Some players get on better with the manager or like working with him more than others. That's different from saying that certain players moved on because they did not want to work with him.

I've had a few managers who I didn't like to work for but they were good at their jobs. I moved on and some of them are still there.
I've managed several places too. Got on great with most but there was always someone who just didn't fit with me. Usually someone I had to discipline funnily enough.

I have to doubt Wheelie's claim that a respected person informed him. I dont think he knows what respect means.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 16:59

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 17:13

Quote:

WheelKing99, Mon 22 Oct 16:59

Quote:

PARrot, Mon 22 Oct 16:55

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 22 Oct 16:46

I've had a few managers who I didn't like to work for but they were good at their jobs. I moved on and some of them are still there.
I've managed several places too. Got on great with most but there was always someone who just didn't fit with me. Usually someone I had to discipline funnily enough.

I have to doubt Wheelie's claim that a respected person informed him. I dont think he knows what respect means.

Irony ! “Bawheid” , “fkn clown “ , “utter prat” . Couldn’t paint a red face on you Parrot

Anyone got some valium. A wee spliff maybe? How about a padded cell?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Geordiepar  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 17:43

If you are a manager and are set a target, which you achieve, then I don't think anyone can realistically complain when a new contract is offered.

The B of D set AJ a target of getting into a play-off place last season. Target was achieved.

Whilst I think AJ needs for results to improve, we need to remember that if we do replace him there is no guarantee that performance/results will improve. We've had plenty of managers in recent years who make AJ look like Alex Ferguson.

Over 90 minutes that was our first defeat in 7 games, and the opposition scored with their only shot on target.

We achieved our target in the BetFred cup.

I don't think AJ is perfect, far from it, but I think the criticism is excessive and he deserves until the end of the year to see if results improve. Not a happy clapper, but nor am I a bed wetter

Post Edited (Mon 22 Oct 17:51)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 20:46

Quote:

mach1, Mon 22 Oct 16:34

OK.

All I will say is that two former players have said to me that AJ is not the most likeable guy to work with.

Now maybe they were too sensitive, maybe they were right to be criticised if that's what happened.

I never asked for any details, but I don't think they were making things up and I definitely am not.

On the contrary, one person who has trained with the Pars said he really enjoyed the experience and everybody was decent with him, including the coaches.

I believed him too.

Without expecting you to name names, mach1, are you able to tell us whether the two players who didn't much like AJ were regular starters in that team, fringe players or players who rarely even made the subs bench?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 21:59

Quote:

GG Riva, Mon 22 Oct 20:46

Quote:

mach1, Mon 22 Oct 16:34

OK.

I believed him too.

Without expecting you to name names, mach1, are you able to tell us whether the two players who didn't much like AJ were regular starters in that team, fringe players or players who rarely even made the subs bench?

I have had a similar conversation with one player and going by what Mach1 has said I think it is the same player. The one I spoke to was an ever-present in the team when he was here.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 22:46

In answer to GG, one was a regular first team and the other was a fringe player, not always even a sub, but highly thought of by one of the other management team.

It doesn't really matter, because it was only their perception and not probably a majority view.

Both are gone now and times have moved on
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 06:57

Quote:

mach1, Mon 22 Oct 22:46

In answer to GG, one was a regular first team and the other was a fringe player, not always even a sub, but highly thought of by one of the other management team.

It doesn't really matter, because it was only their perception and not probably a majority view.

Both are gone now and times have moved on

Thank you for providing that info, mach1. I'm relieved that both players were not regular starters, as that would suggest dressing room harmony was not as good as it might have been. Obviously, the manager is not in a popularity contest, but it does no harm to be well liked by your players.

Equally, in a large group of people, there will always be at least a few who do not like their boss. I had several Heads in a 37 year career and they ranged from an almost pathological dislike of my first one, shared by almost all my colleagues, to a near love in, with a later boss and conversely, a few colleagues had no time at all for him, from the minute he arrived in the school, for reasons which only they will know.

I have to wonder as to why you threw this knowledge into this thread if, as you say it doesn't really matter, these players have left and it's in the past. Could it be a bit of mischief intended to discredit AJ, because you think it's time the club called time on his tenure at the Pars?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 07:15

I think football is such a short career players probably do focus on money. I have heard AJ say on many occasions that he has brought players in who want to kick start their careers. Their priority may be that over money. Obviously there are other factors such as living locally, prospects at the club, how you are treated at clubs and their reputation. There is a lot of speculation in these posts about players don't want to play for the manager. If you are any kind of professional in sport or other business you effectively manage your own career and are professionally responsible for what you do. As a professional it would't be a major factor who your manager was.

The bottom line is that the club is financially constrained. The board have to manage the club responsibly. The team have improved their position each season. I want to see them back at the top but it will take time in my view.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 08:04

Quote:

WheelKing99, Mon 22 Oct 14:57

Quote:

widtink, Mon 22 Oct 12:14

Pay no attention to Wheelie.... I'm starting to think that he has a bit of a dislike for our manager so everything is his fault.
Car wouldn't start this morning =AJ's fault
Bank charges on my overdraft =AJ's fault
Price of petrol gone up again =AJ's fault....
Ye get the drift.
I might be wrong mind... But I've just got a feeling 😉

You are definitely wrong. I’m just going by what a highly respected source has told me re players being unhappy about working under AJ. I don’t believe the utter cobblers some other posters are spraffing. Nieces cousins uncles boy at work told me he’s doubled his wage.... zzzzzzz

So your source is "highly respected", presumably by you? Other fans' sources just er.... "spraff utter cobblers?" Right, I've got that. I have to say that I'm surprised anyone would divulge confidential information to you. Do you have some kind of connection to the Pars, other than being a fan?

As a volunteer with the Pars, I'm on good terms with almost everyone connected to the club and no one has been indiscrete enough to undermine our present manager's position by making such negative assertions.

I can only conclude that your "highly respected source" should learn to keep his/her mouth shut when talking to a blabbermouth like you, or that this source is a figment of your feeble imagination. ☹

Post Edited (Tue 23 Oct 08:04)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 09:33

The biggest Irony in all this was the fact that the manager/BOD failed to offer many players 2 year contracts which was a reason we have such a high turnover of players at the end of each season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 09:37

Don't a lot of players prefer one-year deals because they give them more flexibility?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 09:48

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 10:12

😏

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hummingbird Harry  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 10:13

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 10:15

So players left because we didn’t give them a 2 year deal? What a lot of dross. It has to come down to the manager. I agree a couple would have left for more money but I’m sure our budget is stil high in comparison to other teams. It was reported Clark was on £100k per year with us.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 10:16

No mischief intended at all GG.

I added my comments to the debate as it had already been raised that not all players got on with AJ.

I want any manager to stay and do a good job for the club.

Equally, I do not want a manager to stay if I think, in footballing terms, the club is going backwards.

You have a great belief in AJ it seems. It is quite apparent that others don't share that.

What I don't like is the tendency for you and others to immediately disbelieve and challenge a post when it it is not to your liking, effectively implying that the post is a lie, or a fabrication.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 10:17

GG Riva is AJ
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsclub  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 10:21

Looking at it from a different angle, what’s people’s thoughts on the fitness of the team ?

For me the injury list of the past few years has been alarming and to have beadling sidelined for the first quarter and the complete lack of pace in the back four is alarming. Except Williamson who is injured.
The keeper has put on a bit of timber also

Maybe just me but I reckon this is a factor in poor performances.

HF05
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 11:21

Topic Originator: 1981par like | nolike
Date: Tue 23 Oct 10:15

So players left because we didn’t give them a 2 year deal? What a lot of dross. It has to come down to the manager. I agree a couple would have left for more money but I’m sure our budget is stil high in comparison to other teams. It was reported Clark was on £100k per year with us.

it's not Dross in so many ways 1981.

1. Player on a 2 year deal can't just leave at the end of a season and go to another club.
2. Michael Moffat and Andy Geggan both stated the 2 year deals offered by Ayr were key to their moves away.
3. Fais went to Dundee as they offered a 3 year deal.
4. Nicky Clark had his wage subsidised that was coming to an end so the club were not in a position to renew his contract at that same wage. He only originally joined us as we offered him a 2 year deal.

Besides all that we very rarely offer any player a contract extension prior to the 6 month period where they are able to speak to other clubs. So in some circumstances players have already had offers prior to us even getting round to speaking to them. If they have already spent that time changing schools, finding property etc etc in that area during those 6 months we have no hope of keeping them.

As much as this BOD have been our saviour the one thing missing is an out and out Director of Football who know the system, contracts, players, WAGS, agents etc etc. Someone to sit with the manager ask him who he wants to keep, who he wants to lose, who he would like in January/May to do the leg work and the dirty work.

Just my opinion!

Post Edited (Tue 23 Oct 11:21)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 11:39

''Yes, my source is highly respected by myself . I’d never reveal any personal information about them.. You are often on here spraffing on about your sources at the club. I find it utterly embarrassing tbh. I’m not divulging players wages like you and your wee pal. I had heard that players had left the club because they didn’t want to play under AJ. It’s hardly surprising considering you see how we’ve started the season. I don’t think players left simply because club ‘x’ offered them more money. ''

Well, I hope your source doesn't get too big headed on account of you describing him as highly respected, in the same way that you wouldn't get too carried away if I described you in glowing terms. It takes rather more than one swallow to make a summer............ :-)

I hadn't realised I had revealed the wages of any Pars player, past or present. I must plead not guilty to that charge on the grounds that I'm not and have never been, privy to such information. Nor can I plead guilty to your second charge of ''spraffing about my sources at the club.'' Maybe my Auldtimer's is kicking in? Can you please do a quick search and bring up the posts which will mean I can never again show face on this forum? If it's as common as you imply it should be very easy for you to secure a conviction. I'm not holding my breath, though.

With regard to my ''wee pal'', I'm unsure as to whether you're alluding to wee eck or Black & White Blood. Unfortunately, I do not know either poster personally, so I couldn't even tell you if they're 5' 4'' or 6' 4''.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 11:40

I think the manager has a weekly meeting with the Chairman, so I reckon there were discussions along the lines of who was on the keep list and who wasn't. Also, do we know what was offered to the players who left?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 11:41

''GG Riva is AJ''

I'm sure you know who I am and I know who you are, Sean.

You're a grade A roaster......... :-)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 11:49

I actually think the squad is the fittest it’s ever been. GG Riva give it a break.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 12:00

Any players wages posted on here are immediately removed as its against site rules.... Whether its in the public domain or not (it's nobody's business but the players to be honest) and the poster is then red carded... But I'm 99% certain that GG has never posted such figures.
Just for info

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 12:00

I plead 'not guilty' to the charge of being GG Riva's 'wee pal' as referred to in WheelKing99's post. I've never divulged any players' wages for the simple reason that I don't know any.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 12:14

Quote:

renegade master, Tue 23 Oct 11:21

Topic Originator: 1981par like | nolike
Date: Tue 23 Oct 10:15

it's not Dross in so many ways 1981.

1. Player on a 2 year deal can't just leave at the end of a season and go to another club.
2. Michael Moffat and Andy Geggan both stated the 2 year deals offered by Ayr were key to their moves away.
3. Fais went to Dundee as they offered a 3 year deal.
4. Nicky Clark had his wage subsidised that was coming to an end so the club were not in a position to renew his contract at that same wage. He only originally joined us as we offered him a 2 year deal.

Besides all that we very rarely offer any player a contract extension prior to the 6 month period where they are able to speak to other clubs. So in some circumstances players have already had offers prior to us even getting round to speaking to them. If they have already spent that time changing schools, finding property etc etc in that area during those 6 months we have no hope of keeping them.

As much as this BOD have been our saviour the one thing missing is an out and out Director of Football who know the system, contracts, players, WAGS, agents etc etc. Someone to sit with the manager ask him who he wants to keep, who he wants to lose, who he would like in January/May to do the leg work and the dirty work.

Just my opinion!

To be fair that changed over time. I thought that we weren't offering players two year deals for financial reasons but the BoD have said a few times now that players were offered two year deals and only wanted one year deals.

I'd assume the offers for two year deals would have been for the players we considered as our better players who are also the ones most likely to turn down a two year deal as they know they've got a better chance of a bigger deal at the end of a year.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 12:18

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 13:57

Think it's very clear that not all players have been here just for the wages.

McCabe for example dropped a lot when he came from Sheffield Wednesday.
Clark must have taken a dip after being with Rangers, then Bury.

We've had a reserve goalie who drove a Bentley, which I can't think his footballing wage alone funded.

Joe Cardle maybe dipped when he came from Ross County.

Each individual weighs up his options and if they go, they go.

I don't think the BOD can be accountable for the movement of players, unless something was seriously amiss, and thankfully we are not in that position.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 16:15

Quote:

WheelKing99, Tue 23 Oct 12:18

I was referring to the post where it was stated that player ‘x’ had doubled his wages, someone’s niece’s partner apparently.

Ah right, so your previous post, about me revealing players wages and spraffing about all the sources I have at the club was just you being a bit creative and fanciful?

You'll be hearing from my lawyer.........😃

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 16:38

Didn't I read somewhere that Clark's wages were paid ( at least in part) by an outside businessman?

As for the managers position he deserves till the end of the season and then assess the long term future.
Of course there may come a point where we are near rock bottom before then so the BOD will have to be on their toes but I have to say, the turnover in managers thus far in our league hasn't produced any significant turnarounds with their respective teams.
I'm still at a loss as to who we could
A: afford and B: could turn our season around almost immediately.

We might just go on a long unbeaten run soon so I think it's best to keep a calm heid.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 16:58

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/verfuegbaretrainer

A good few thousand here to choose from.

I'm sure if the post was advertised there would be plenty of applicants from far and wide.I wish I shared your optimism but zero sign of us going on an unbeaten run.Results aside performances have been poor.If you give him until the end of the season that means giving him another transfer window-given the amount of signings that have turned out to be poor already that could be even more of a financial mistake.I'd give him until December and assess from there. If the gates keep decreasing at the current rate we can't afford not to sack him unfortunately.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 17:05

Quote:

WheelKing99, Tue 23 Oct 12:18

I was referring to the post where it was stated that player ‘x’ had doubled his wages, someone’s niece’s partner apparently.

That was me. I didn't say what the players wage was. All I said was that had nearly doubled his wages. Big difference from saying what he's paid. I wasn't told or would expect to be told his wages.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 18:32

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 21:22

As long as people work in banks no-ones salary will ever be secret!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 22:20

RM you are totally correct there. 45 years ago, my friend's father was a bank manager he knew the financial state of others, he told me details which he should never have told me.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 22:38

Sad isn't it, but after Fred Goodwin, nothing about bankers integrity will surprise me.

I was once informed of what expenses were going into a high ranking council official's account. The teller, no pun intended, was drunk and probably showing off, thinking I was in the Lodge.

How wrong they were and I wasn't even drunk either.

We do so much on trust. Every time you give bank card details online, you risk them being misused.
Thankfully very rarely happens, but nasty when it does.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 22:55

I've been told many players salaries over the years by different folk it actually makes up many conversations within the banking hallowed halls between staff.

As for Business banking every month each club submits a salary run with every player listed and the amount to be paid or carries out an individual transaction.

So for all the folk saying these people talk rubbish and will never know a players salary. Think again!

Think even harder they could probably find out yours too...........
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: