DAFC.net
Home 24 October 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Different question
Topic Originator: davie moyes the first  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 10:38

The season to date has seen a lack of planning, leadership, creativity, width and goals on the pitch and the result is that we sit 7th in a league of 10 clubs.

Yesterday I walked up to the bar in Legends before the match and got served straight away. At half time I went for a Bovril and got served straight away.

What was the attendance yesterday ?

The question is not how much would it cost to replace the current management team.

How much is it costing the club keeping them ?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Different question
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 11:04

That's a fair question, Davie, but you're assuming the new manager coming in will bring a magic wand as his No. 2.

How easy do you think it is to come in and turn things around almost instantly, with a squad of players who appear to be low on confidence?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 11:16

No he's not, GG, but often a new person with better inspirational qualities than AJ has been known to lift heads up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 11:16

Fair question but I don't see how you can possibly say that keeping him is costing us money ? it's not costing anything as it's money we never had and there is no evidence that we would have this income if we had new management. The crowd always dwindles around this time with holidays, saving for Christmas, weather etc so I don't think it's costing us money as there is no evidence sacking him would bring in significantly more money.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 11:19

You're right, just as there is no evidence that keeping him won't chase fans and therefore money away.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 11:23

Plenty of evidence fans there yesterday and fans will still turn up so yeah plenty of evidence.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 11:32

You're heads in a cloud I'm afraid.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 11:55

How's that ? Instead of posting against me all the time wake up and smell the coffee and start thinking about what your posting

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 11:58

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Sun 21 Oct 11:55

How's that ? Instead of posting against me all the time wake up and smell the coffee and start thinking about what your posting

FWIW I actually have 3 pals who are coming song on Saturday for only the 2nd time to help support the club in what’s clearly a difficult time.

I’ve yet to hear a credible alternative to AJ certainly in the short term.

Jim Duffy...failed every time to get a club promoted, do me a favour.

If there’s no one better then I can’t see what an immediate change will do.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 12:02

I don't think sacking the manager is right I've never said that I'm actually the opposite o don't think it's worth the risk because there is nobody out there better

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 12:02

Glad to hear of that additional support, they should just about balance the ones I know who won't be going next week.

And cammypar, I think about what I write. If you think one guy behind you is evidence of fans wanting the club to lose, it's maybe you who needs to think first.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 12:04

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 12:59

The norrie was empty, the fans tried to back the club but after 10 mins you knew we didn’t have the right quality on the park to score unless it was a mistake or a moment of brilliance.

I want to be entertained, not watching vinny and Martin pass sideways as no one further forward is showing for it.

He’ll get United game but loose that and the bullet will be bitten.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!

Post Edited (Sun 21 Oct 20:03)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: