DAFC.net
Home 14 October 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Now that everyone has slept on the subject
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 12:28

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Now that everyone has slept on the subject
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 12:33

Quote:

WORST, Sun 21 Oct 12:28

What are fans thought on issues now?

I don’t think we performed as badly as others say/think. We had the bulk of the ball, and were the better team imo.
It was an abysmal goal to loose, and if it wasn’t for that dogged determination of the blond guy I’d say we would have shared the spoils.
The subs were a bit baffling for sure, but we still looked dangerous.

As for AJ himself, I’m as a loss as to whether or not we should hold onto him. He has hit the targets set out each season, and we doubted he would get us to the playoffs last season, but he did.
I don’t think he is totally failing as yet, but he is making it very hard for himself. I still don’t think he has found the best combination of players yet, and injured players aren’t helping the cause right now.
I’d be prepared to wait and see if he can find the right team once all our players are available, but, imo, he needs to show a massive improvement before January or I feel we should give someone else a chance to build a team in that window.

Good post and pretty much how I feel. However a couple of more utterly toothless performances and I think his time would be up.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 12:42

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 12:51

I stand by my previous comments about us playing well and that we looked much more threatening.

First half we controlled the play, had most of the possession but didn't manage to work the keeper much. Longridge should have done better with his chance, and it was a pretty decent save from their keeper when Ryan tried to curve one in.

Other than one nice flick can't remember seeing much of Dobbie either. Could have easily been ahead at HT.

Second half started quick enough, FEB missing getting the ball to header in. An Ashcroft header that anywhere other than where he put it then it was a goal.

I agree with AJ in that we had more than enough chances to win that game.

My frustrations with AJ is he fails to notice when a games petering out and becoming stale not until much later. His subs as mentioned previously were incredibly poor and showed a real lack of tactical know how.

He bangs on about having all these options available to him but he doesn't have the ability to make the most of it.

Bring Hippolyte on and we play the first 10mins with him on one wing, playing over the other side.

We take FEB off (which I agreed with) but put Connolly up front, just bizarre.

Then he puts Keena on and takes off Ryan leaving Connolly. It truly was mind boggling.

It was a frustrating game and you could start to see that QOTS would knick it.

It hurt bad, would be better if we managed our expectations better, AJ banging on about putting a run together and challenging for top, and every week him saying we're playing decent stuff and it's 'just our luck', nonsense really.

He won't be given the boot, we're still close enough to the playoffs at the moment.

We need to drop FEB, he's been murder, nice few runs on Saturday but he poses no threat up front, need to give this Keena boy a good run and see what he can do.

Dundee Utd home and Inverness away next....pfft, brave man to be optimistic right now that's for sure.

Post Edited (Sun 21 Oct 12:52)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 12:52

We have went out of a cup and lost at EEP to teams that are poor. our midfield do not penetrate defences that leak goals in other games. We leak goals and nothing seems to get any better. We are not a bad side and ooze talent, the buck stops with the Manager and its time for change. Remember Raith Rovers a couple of seasons ago, they thought they were too good to go down and bingo Brechin relegated them via the playoffs and Alloa kept them where they are via the playoffs the following season. Be careful what we wish for, Fife teams are mince at any playoffs and relegation playoff is a likely finishing place for us on current form. A crap Cowdenbeath drew us down to their level in playoffs then suckered us at EEP with the performance of their season. AJ out and change required before we reach the no confidence on the park stage.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 12:55

The blond guy was getting closer and closer to Martin in the second half as he tired. An astute manage would have taken Martin off as still not fully fit.

We didn’t look like scoring, we are too narrow, to deliberate and slow, no pace or height, have no ideas and to easy to defend against. We are too small but play punt and rush stuff.

It’s all on aj. Our 3 wins this season have come against teams who we caught at the right time.

Ajs signings this year look suspect again, most can’t get in the team or even on the park at any point. We don’t even have any wingers in the squad anymore. Connolly and longridge are poor versions of higgy and cardle and I’m not a fan of higgy.

I think Williamson is a poor defender and craigan makes us far more solid but there’s nothing on the wings. Mind you with longridge roaming and playing central midfeild giving the ball away half the time there’s no1 for Williamson or craigan to ink up with out there.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 13:20

It says a lot imo that East Fife took four off QOS and we got zero.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: YankeeDollar  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 14:17

It's an obvious case we do not have a natural striker. Getting one is nigh impossible.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 14:20

Would be interesting to see where we would be if we took on Shankland and avoided bringing FEB back.

Post Edited (Sun 21 Oct 14:20)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 14:23

Shankland has Moffat playing beside him.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 14:38

Don't want to see anybody sacked. Hope to hell we get a result next week.I for one will be there.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 14:56

I first two will be there.

Sadly I know three others who won't be there, two of whom are regulars.

That type of thing is a big concern for the future of the club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 15:02

Upon sleeping on it, I still say it’s unfortunately time to part company. I say unfortunately as the players he has brought in are much better than what we had last season, however, he is failing to get the best out of them. They don’t seem to gel as they should and his tactics and substitutions (or lack of them sometimes) is bewildering. These are the same complaints that were levelled at him last year, and while it improved towards the end of the season, it’s back to the same old same old.

AJ’s tactics are costing us points, the style of play we are playing now is so boring that it’s potentially costing us money with fans not willing to pay that much money and not be entertained.

I’ve always said that the manager is the face of the club and should be motivating the players and exciting the fans (maybe we were spoiled as Leish was outstanding at this) but the only time I’ve seen the fans excited for a game in recent years was the Borehamwood game and even then there was no big promotion from EEP at all. I know it was away but we could have bigged it up as if it was a European match.

Tbh it’s just getting hard work going to watch the Pars in recent years and a change is needed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 15:13

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 16:23

Good, well-constructed OP.

My feelings about the game are the same as before. First half was pretty dull, 2nd much better and I thought we might sneak it - at worst a draw. Losing the game to Queens only shot on target was a bit of a travesty tbh.

It looked to me as if Martin was fouled before the goal, but I was quite far away from the incident and my eyesight is no longer the best. The fact that no one else has mentioned it makes me think I was probably mistaken.

Like a number of other posters, I don't think the substitutions worked at all. I'm sure AJ had an idea of what he wanted to achieve, but sadly it didn't work out, as we all saw.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cumbrian par  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 17:21

I was talking to a couple of QoS fans on the train home who reckoned they played worse yesterday than they had in losing to East Fife last week. So what does that say about us?

That was my first Pars game of the season and we were that bad there might not be a second. Their no 25 had been closing our players down all afternoon so for us to get caught in possession by him in our own half 83 minutes into the game was just ridiculous, schoolboy stuff. Fatigue is not an excuse. Just pass the bloody ball.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 18:00

Reasonable, well balanced post.

We are just so naive, individually, as a team and from the dugout and seem to just stumble about the park for most of the 90 minutes, with a couple of half chances created.

Dire stuff.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 18:31

Berkey, you definitely have something against Faissal. If you look at the way we played when Faissal was with us before, it resulted in 30 goals and promotion. The midfield now is not getting the ball through to the forwards quickly enough. it is swanning around going anywhere but right through to the lads up front. By the time it gets to them they are so heavily marked there's no room in front of goal. Get the wing play going again and get Ryan Williamson back pronto. My opinion is, we have so much talent for the midfield, get that right and we will get goals.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 18:47

Mostly agree, but I feel we need a strike pair up front, not just Faissal, Ryan or whoever struggling on their own.

PS Certainly not Connolly as happened towards the end of the game yesterday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 19:07

Most boring football I’ve seen at EEP for a long time. Needs to go
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 19:58

Steaua faz was great with us first time round and romped league 1 against part time teams scoring some cracking goals for us.

Faz has done nothing in the league for us all season, he’s getting a game purely on reputation although I don’t think it’s all his fault. Maybe it’s not his fault we’re pumping long balls to him and Ryan to try and create something or that he’s playing with another ball greedy striker who isn’t putting them on a plate for him and they barely pass to each other or even that the defenders in this league are not the slow cart horses like we seen in the league 1.

I’m sure faz can be great for us this season but with he won’t be if he’s playing upfront with Ryan, with no wingers in the team who can get in behind and we’re punting long balls about a foot above his head.

I though Ryan was better on sat, more than a few times when the ball broke free faz was on his heels and the opposition got to it first. Like the rest of them thier confidence is shot.

Really need to get muirhead fit and on the park, the little and little strike force is not working.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 20:44

When did Muirhead sign? How long does it take a full time professional to get fit enough to play?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 21:12

The bizarre thing is that he played Muirhead when we clearly wasn't fit, yet now he and Beadling have been on the bench a few times (and you're not telling me you can't get 20 minutes out or someone on the bench, otherwise there's no reason for being there) they don't get a chance. I was thinking that Keena and Muirhead for the front two, and Beadling for one of the central midfielders were all obvious options to go to but instead we had the baffling rotation of players we saw on Saturday with an out of form Connolly playing out of position etc. I do often wonder what our subs must think when they're on the bench, knowing it's unlikely they'll get on and if they do it's going to be for maybe 5 or 10 minutes tops.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toumba Libre  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 21:15

“The subs were a bit baffling for sure, but we still looked dangerous.”

We did not look dangerous. AJ killed the game with the subs. They were a joke and it was actually embarrassing. The players didn’t have a clue where or how they were playing
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 21:24

The better team lost yesterday. If Queen's "game plan" was to have 1 shot in 90 minutes and walk away with 3 points then Naismith will be at Real Madrid soon enough. The majority of the game was played in their half with us trying to pick our way through 10 opposition players and we couldn't do it. In circumstances like that you need to take the few opportunities that you can create. We did carve out a couple of chances - through good play - but we didn't take them. I'm not saying we played well but I do get the impression that, if we fell in a bucket of t*ts at the moment, we'd come out sucking our thumb.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 22:39

When the history books are written, the reasons for losing are long forgotten, but the results are remembered.

Yesterday's game was totally forgettable and the winners sadly were QOS.

Maybe it's because we were 'so good', that they had little threat upfront. Maybe they chose to play tight at the back and try to hit us on the break.

I don't think their fans will be upset if we were the better team or not.

Many of our fans on the contrary are raging, regardless of who played better.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 01:30

Reluctantly I still think we need a change.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 03:10

Seems like we need the players to perform rather than change the management. I would be sceptical that there is anyone any better who is available and who would want to come. Fais has skill but little power. His legs are hardly of tree trunk proportions. More like stick insect. He's not likely to lead the line with much conviction because he's going to be put into orbit by some hairy legged caber t*ss*r. The pars were always good at attacking with flair and skill down the flanks. That's not happening just now because we aren't getting the ball forward quick enough and we don't have enough pace on the wings, or in the middle for that matter. When we have early possession and pressure we have to score. If we don't score we run out of steam and like yesterday hand the points to the opposition.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 07:58

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 08:17

Couldn’t score at home against newly promoted part timers, lost heavily to other promoted side, got a howler error chance to score only goal v Partick and couldn’t score v QoS.

League tables don’t lie - cue the disbelievers - we are very ordinary in a very average quality division, and I doubt Saturday coming will alter the current positions.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 08:20

Quote:

mach1, Sun 21 Oct 22:39

When the history books are written, the reasons for losing are long forgotten, but the results are remembered.

Yesterday's game was totally forgettable and the winners sadly were QOS.

Maybe it's because we were 'so good', that they had little threat upfront. Maybe they chose to play tight at the back and try to hit us on the break.

I don't think their fans will be upset if we were the better team or not.

Many of our fans on the contrary are raging, regardless of who played better.

It's true that for the majority of fans the result takes priority over performance, mach1, but not sure I remember results as fondly as I remember performances. Among the performances I remember most fondly in 55 years of watching the Pars are a a 5-4 defeat by Celtic and a 6-5 defeat by Hibs in 1966. The fact we lost both games probably adds to the memory, as sadness is an integral part of watching football imo.

That Celtic team went on to win every competition they entered that season, including the Champions Cup and we only went down to a last minute penalty after leading three times by two goals. And all that without our best player, Alex Edwards. In the Hibs game, we were 4-0 down at half-time and 5-2 down with 15 mins to play, brought it back to 5-5 and had a goal disallowed in the final minute and as our players chased the ref in protest, Hibs ran up the park and scored the winner.

Brilliant memories.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 08:36

I want to come back to the perceptive comment by Kelty Par.

We all know that Tom Beadling and Robbie Muirhead are quality signings.

With twenty minutes to go, my friends and I were certain that both were bound to come on.

We were incredulous that they didn't.Surely both are fully fit?

We all(and I include the Supporters) fell neatly into the trap Gary Naismith had prepared.He said ,post match ,that we have a large support and ,given recent failures ,we would panic and get on the backs of the players.And we did!

The match was played around the QOS box and their goalie had sensational saves from Andy Ryan and Lee Ashcroft.FEB did not connect with one cross from six feet.

Like others I do not know why the Club let Joe Cardle go to be replaced by a released player from the 6th tier of English football.Aiden was not "off form".He is not the calibre,sorry.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 09:03

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 09:17

He has to go, my mind hasn't changed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 09:48

Me either still in the gtf camp.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 10:04

Quote:

cumbrian par, Sun 21 Oct 17:21

I was talking to a couple of QoS fans on the train home who reckoned they played worse yesterday than they had in losing to East Fife last week. So what does that say about us?

That was my first Pars game of the season and we were that bad there might not be a second. Their no 25 had been closing our players down all afternoon so for us to get caught in possession by him in our own half 83 minutes into the game was just ridiculous, schoolboy stuff. Fatigue is not an excuse. Just pass the bloody ball.

Right so you missed the poleaxe challenge on Martin.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: