DAFC.net
Home 23 September 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Highlights
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 15:17

The Club highlights on DAFC.CO.UK have been cut from six or seven minutes to just less than three? I was looking to see a couple of incidents that don't appear

1. The save from Ryan's curling shot in the first half that the keeper did well to push round the post.
2. The shot over the bar from Louis Longridge after a great move in the first half -- thought that was our best chance in the game

I am normally a great fan of the highlights.

What it did show however was the shoulder-charge by Dykes on Martin just before the QOS goal. Martin is knocked right off his feet, and you see Dykes leaning in to deliver the blow. In the modern era I am amazed that the referee allowed that.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Highlights
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 15:30

I was hoping to see Clarks antics at the end of the game that infuriated some fans and AJ looking at the NW and shaking his head as the fans shouted for him to resign.
AJ if you don't like it either improve things or get out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 16:58

Quote:

The Roy Barry Fan Club, Sun 21 Oct 15:17

The Club highlights on DAFC.CO.UK have been cut from six or seven minutes to just less than three? I was looking to see a couple of incidents that don't appear

1. The save from Ryan's curling shot in the first half that the keeper did well to push round the post.
2. The shot over the bar from Louis Longridge after a great move in the first half -- thought that was our best chance in the game

I am normally a great fan of the highlights.

What it did show however was the shoulder-charge by Dykes on Martin just before the QOS goal. Martin is knocked right off his feet, and you see Dykes leaning in to deliver the blow. In the modern era I am amazed that the referee allowed that.

I was shouting for a foul on Martin, but since no one else mentioned it and there were no obvious protests from the players I thought I was mistaken. That makes our defeat even harder to swallow, imo.

TRBFC's is one fan whose opinion I respect, even without seeing the highlights.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 17:42

I’m way at moment workng ParsTV from afar
I’ve not checked or known the highlights have been uploaded

Regardless of the result we do need to see true highlights, if we’ve played good or bad then need to be shown

Form Table: https://DAFC.co.uk/league
https://2mx.co.uk
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 17:53

Clark’s antics ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 17:56

If we conceded a late goal unfairly, it maybe should have made the score 2-1, or 3-1.

Unfortunately, it cost us the game 0-1.

How much longer is our gash play and results going to be defended?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 18:03

Quote:

mach1, Sun 21 Oct 17:56

If we conceded a late goal unfairly, it maybe should have made the score 2-1, or 3-1.

What are you trying to say exactly, mach1? Did you think Queens were the better team yesterday? Cos if we were gash, there isn't a word to describe their performance.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 18:06

Queens had a tactic, play deep, throw people to defend in the box, then towards the end break suddenly and hopefully score.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 18:14

That's what I am saying they outsmarted us and they got three points.

If our football was anything decent, I wouldn't be nearly so critical, but if you are happy with the way things are, that's fine.

Keeeep dancing!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 18:24

Quote:

mach1, Sun 21 Oct 18:14

That's what I am saying they outsmarted us and they got three points.

If our football was anything decent, I wouldn't be nearly so critical, but if you are happy with the way things are, that's fine.

Keeeep dancing!

I'm anything but happy, mach1 and well you know it! I just can't be bothered laying into my team and manager because the visitors did a Mourinho on us. $h!t happens. Deal with it without squealing. We get behind the team next week and hope for a better result. It's the only way.

Or we could boo the manager and the team when they come out before the game on Saturday. That'll make them play better......

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 18:54

Now you're just being silly.

I'll wait your 60 days and many more beyond that no doubt, but change is inevitable.

Just hope we don't lose too many supporters whilst waiting.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 19:06

They deserved to win. Defended well and scored a good goal. Mulrany was shocking for goal and Robinson goes down too quickly. Craigen also nowhere to be seen.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 19:19

Quote:

1981par, Sun 21 Oct 19:06

They deserved to win. Defended well and scored a good goal. Mulrany was shocking for goal and Robinson goes down too quickly. Craigen also nowhere to be seen.

Was Martin shocking though? I thought at the time he'd been fouled, a view confirmed by the Roy Barry fan club, who watched the incident on the highlights on COWS.

I can't agree QOS deserved their win and I think you'll find yourself in a tiny minority on that. The Pars should have won on chances created. Unfortunately, it's only goals that count.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 19:22

If you're going to criticise a player, at least get his name right. It's Malaury Martin.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 19:25

Quote:

mach1, Sun 21 Oct 18:54

Now you're just being silly.

I'll wait your 60 days and many more beyond that no doubt, but change is inevitable.

Just hope we don't lose too many supporters whilst waiting.

Silly? Perhaps. Let's wait and see what happens in the next couple of months. If the Pars results don't improve the BoD will be forced to act, because more and more fans would express their dissatisfaction.

I've a feeling we'll start climbing the table once the likes of Beadling, Higgy, Williamson, Keana and Muirhead are fully fit and knocking on the first team door for a starting place.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 19:28

Quote:

1981par, Sun 21 Oct 19:06

Haven’t watched the highlights, but my view at the time was Vincent played a poor pass to Martin and then didn’t warn him there was a man coming in behind him. Surely it’s not Martin’s fault, that nobody told him there was someone coming from behind to challenge him?

Also, are you really criticising Craigen for the fact that he was running forward down the right hand side, when we had the ball at 0-0? He was trying to move into space and bring the team forward. If Williamson had been playing and done the same, he certainly wouldn’t get criticised for that.

Agree on Robinson. Looked like he dived away from the ball, at the game. Very very poor.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swifty  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 20:08

I thought Martin was our best player for about 60 minutes. Then his lack of match practice caught up with him. At which time he shoul£ have been substituted!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 20:20

He's played 6 (I think) first team games now. Shouldn't be struggling after an hour unless he's carrying an injury?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Oct 20:25

Yes, have to agree, especially since he doesn't play the game at a great tempo.

Between game time and training, he should be good for 90 minutes now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: polski par  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 13:15

didn't notice how bad that challenge on martin was at the time.it was like something out of the NFL.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Valley Par  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 13:31

getting less everyweek
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 15:13

it was shoulder to shoulder, he doesnt even appeal for a foul himself either when it happens or when he gets to edge of the box as the ball hits the net and neither do any of his team-mates.

Would be interested to know why there was such booing when we were on the attack on one of the earlier clips though.

Go back to f@lkirk game be 9 mins of highlights.

Post Edited (Mon 22 Oct 16:18)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 16:07

The ref was near enough and I can only assume he thought it was a fair shoulder charge, which the stronger guy won.
He was a physical presence for the whole game.

Whatever, it can't be rewound now and we need to win the next challenge.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 17:08

Quote:

mach1, Sun 21 Oct 17:56

I dont disagree with everything you say but "Gash Play"?

I really dont think that is fair. Gash finishing gash results but the general play hasn't been gash. There is room for improvement but we are not gash, neither is any team in this league bar Falkirk so far.
We are a good team playing teams of very similar ability who stifle our fwd line. We need an answer to that but we are not gash.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 20:36

OK.

We're not gash.

Pick any adjective, so long as they are not synonymous with good.

I've rarely been so disappointed watching my team as in the last few weeks.
Minimal entertainment value, hardly any goals and very little excitement to lift the fans.

But that's just my opinion. Oh, wait a minute.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 22:04

You should have gone to Falkirk.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 22:09

We were very average but there's no way on this earth Queens deserved the win. That was a foul on Martin in my book but we didn't react and cover when they broke away.

As mach1 says every 5 minutes the football we're playing is pretty poor just now but we did create a few decent chances and were definitely on top until the strange substitutions sucked the life out of us and handed them the advantage.

On to next week.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 22:33

Why do you say that wee wee eck? Sounds like you're losing it.

Falkirk are even worse, thankfully.

Kelty Hearts could be a decent shout though, even with the wee fud in charge.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 23:08

You should have seen US at Falkirk. I'm sure you said you had better things to do that day.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 07:08

I'm not sure that the relevance to the Falkirk game is about but I thought we were pretty awful for long spells in that game, especially in the first half. We got better after the goal and the second half was shootie-in but not because of anything we were doing particularly well tbh, more that Falkirk were abysmal. I wouldn't call that performance "gash" but it certainly wasn't very good. The Alloa league game, Partick game and most of the Queens game however has been a turgid watch. I'm not sure how anyone can think otherwise tbh.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 07:52

I've just watched the highlights and the challenge on Martin is a foul all day long

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 10:17

Not a foul. He lost the ball many times that game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 10:28

Quote:

1981par, Tue 23 Oct 10:17

He battered into him at pace wiping him out. It wasn't just a foul it was practically GBH.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 10:54

there shouldn't be any debate about a foul or not as the ball should have been moved quicker.

to the OP, ive not watched them myself but the QOS version might have those included.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYbl0uIp9M4
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 11:00

Quote:

No he didn't. He was one of the few who actually looks for a pass instead of just lumping it and retains the ball if there's nothing on.

It was a foul but it was really disappointing to see the lack of reaction when it wasn't given. Vincent was brushed aside far too easily before the pass was played to the scorer

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 11:52

Nobody appealed it not even Martin.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 13:34

It was a very heavy shoulder charge, which Martin seemed not to anticipate.

If it was illegal, none of our players appealed to the ref.

For a game which we dominated possession wise, it was a sore one to take.

We'll start scoring one of these games, but we need to be a bit more streetwise when the big boys are out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 15:20

Not a foul for me. He was simply far too strong, He put Martin on his erse a couple of times before that. Martin played well on Saturday up until about 70/75 mins when you could see he was knackered.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 16:36

The lad Dykes bossed us throughout the game. Some refs might have given a foul for his shoulder charge. However in my eyes it was a fair challenge and Martin has to be held accountable for loosing the ball. I look at the physical attributes of QOS and I just wish that we had some players like that.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 17:50

May I remind some of you that last season we had a midfielder who Dykes would've bounced off if he'd tried that challenge on him.

Sadly he was deemed too slow by the .net jury.

Fans eh?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 17:54

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 20:58

I too am a big fan of the highlights. They seem pretty professional, and I appreciate that there will be tough choices to make – what do you leave in, what do you edit out, how far back to you go to show how the key move developed etc

I think there were half a dozen incidents I would have liked to have seen again

1 Louis’s first-half chance from the cutback from Ryan, which he blazed over. That was a big moment.
2 Ryan’s curling shot that the keeper turned away – at the time I thought it a bit flashy – one for the cameras perhaps.

(I agree it is a little curious that these weren’t featured.)

3 Ash’s chance from Martin’s free-kick. On second viewing it looked harder than I initially thought
4 Faze’s near thing from Connolly’s cross across the, ahem, face of goal. Difficult to see, but I feel a different player might have got something on it.
5 The shoulder charge on Martin that led to the goal. I can see why nothing was given, but Raymie feels it was a foul. What do the laws say on shoulder charges, and more importantly, what do they mean?
6 Robinson at the goal. He seemed to go down early – looks like he flogged it a bit.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 21:04

The QOS highlights showed all our chances and attempts.

I think if Faiss had been 6' 3", he might have scored with that header attempt.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 19:17

Quote:

It's quite telling that Pars fans are divided into two camps on whether it was a foul on Martin or not, even after watching the highlights. I haven't seen these, but I thought it was a foul at the time, although the fact that no Pars player protested afterwards, made me think I must have been mistaken.

The fact that Raymie is convinced it was a foul makes me think my first impression may have been correct after all.

I find it impossible to take anything 1981par posts seriously, because his reasons for posting on here seems to be to contradict other posters, conduct a campaign against our manager and generally try to wind up his fellow Pars fans. That's if he is a Pars fan.

To suggest a player has not been fouled because he lost possession many times before that is laughable. A foul is a foul, irrespective of what has/hasn't gone before.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 19:46

It is a 50/50 call, the Martin thing, but it wasn't a foul for the simple reason that the ref didn't give it.

If the decision was strongly contested, it could also add doubt, bit that didn't happen either.

We can't even say he was a shoite referee, or showed bias against us.

Just disappointing it decided the game ultimately.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 20:20

If the ref had been baldy I would have said it was a definite foul, however as he had a full Barnet then I recon it was a strong but fair challenge and no foul
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 20:59

Can we not discuss the refs decisions and whether they were right or wrong? Miserable mach1 says no so it would seem not. Close the forum

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 21:36

Way over the top da_no_1.
Why on earth would you want to close the forum?

The ref's decision always stands, unless an appeal or video evidence overturns it.

Sorry that's the rules, even if they go against us. But how it relates to being miserable, I don't know how that equates in your imaginative mind.

Can I just ask you why you think our players did not appeal to or challenge the referee?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 22:52

You do know refs sometimes make mistakes? And that we can discuss what might be construed as an error on the refs part? And that we also know that these discussions will in no way affect the outcome of the game?

I don't know why they didn't appeal the decision. Maybe because they're continually told by guys like you to play to the whistle?

Post Edited (Wed 24 Oct 22:53)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 19:42

You can't send someone flying like that with just a shoulder; you need to use your hips, which is what Dykes did. If you use your hips, it's a foul. In ice hockey, where it is legal to use your hips, that's called a hip check.

Even if the ref does not call the foul, there's no way QoS should have scored there because we had numbers back. The CB is ball watching and does not pick up Todd, who is ahead of Craigen. Easy goal.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 20:17

If I was a coach I'd tell them to shout for everything, so guys like me would do the very opposite of what you suggest da_no_1.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: