DAFC.net
Home 14 October 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Dawning of a new week
Topic Originator: Dafc1996  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 03:53

There has been one hell of lot of unrest on here since 1650pm on Saturday night and I believe everyone connected with the club read this page and if they say they don't...Even for a wee sneaky peak... they are liars.

Do we get a statement from the board.. either fully backing AJ and his management team or do we see AJ etc getting there jotters. I have not once blamed Ross or the board for this.

Even if giving AJ a two year deal was a decision of a screeming lunatic. I will back the boards decision....if he stays or they decide....well enough is enough.

I will always back the pars through hell or high water.. but I believe a statement is needed regarding the boards decision to back him or sack him.....see you all on Saturday Coyp
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Dawning of a new week
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 09:13

I sincerely doubt that everyone connected with the club reads this forum. Some of them will, I don’t doubt that. But if the board were actively reading this forum and making statements based on threads here, I’d probably be concerned.

My guess would be around 100 people have posted saying the manager should be sacked. That’s hardly any sort of majority. We have over 3,000 season ticket holders. Opinions of 100 or so people on a forum, is not a true representation of the views of the entire fan base.

I’ve seen people talking about large sections of the Norrie/NW calling for him to be sacked at the end of the game on Saturday, you couldn’t hear that from the main stand. That makes me think that this wasn’t as large as people are trying to make out. Think there’s a vocal minority on here, that seem to think they’re in a majority, because a small percentage of the overall fan base, that also post on here, agree with them.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 09:32

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 09:36

Par-91 do you sit in a bubble at EEP?
I’m in the main stand and it’s quite clear that even around where I sit there is discontent,which is growing by the week.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 10:01

I wouldnt say 100 posters. A couple of dozen at most as the petition thread shows. They are just more vocal in their group.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 12:27

There is increasing discontent inside the ground, outside the ground, during games, after games and yes on this forum.

Anyone who doesn't believe that is kidding themselves on.

Of course it is a subjective measure and without a proper opinion poll, numbers cannot be quantified.

But the status quo will remain and AJ will be the manager, next week and the week after and for months to come I believe.

If we achieve a win or two and hold our position, without dropping into the relegation zone, AJ will be staying and those who think he is not so bad a manager will be happy no doubt.

Can only hope the fans get to see some decent football along the way.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 12:43

mach1 wrote:

> There is increasing discontent inside the ground, outside the
> ground, during games, after games and yes on this forum.
>
> Anyone who doesn't believe that is kidding themselves on.
>
> Of course it is a subjective measure and without a proper
> opinion poll, numbers cannot be quantified.
>
> But the status quo will remain and AJ will be the manager, next
> week and the week after and for months to come I believe.
>
> If we achieve a win or two and hold our position, without
> dropping into the relegation zone, AJ will be staying and those
> who think he is not so bad a manager will be happy no doubt.
>
> Can only hope the fans get to see some decent football along
> the way.

I would agree with the majority of this, don't think we are looking at a small minority who'd like change in fact I would suggest it's more than half.

I don't think the board will act just now but having spoken to a board member earlier in the season following the draws against Alloa and Boreham Wood and the two bad defeats to Ayr and ICT he wasn't particularly happy then, so can't see how that will have improved.

We've had bad spells before and come through but he can only have a couple of games to change the tide.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA_NO1  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 13:46

More than half based on what ?

"a picture paints a thousand words"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WheelKing99  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 14:51

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bencrawfordd  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 14:53

I ran a poll on my Instagram page:

738 people saw it.
493 people voted (about 60 or so weren’t Dunfermline fans) and the results were:
373 - AJ out (76%)
120 - AJ in (24%)

Pars Review: http://www.parsreview.org
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1BVIChsK6v-iTyJnKNf7Eg
Pars Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thedunfermlineway/
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 15:16

Quote:

dover par, Mon 22 Oct 09:36

Par-91 do you sit in a bubble at EEP?
I’m in the main stand and it’s quite clear that even around where I sit there is discontent,which is growing by the week.

There’s discontent, I didn’t deny that, but a bit of discontent is different from calling for the manager to be sacked.

There are people shouting about it not being good enough, but I certainly don’t hear large numbers of people calling for him to be sacked. You get the odd few, but it’s nowhere near as loud as people seem to be making out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 15:59

That's quite a majority ben.

It may not translate across all of our support, but it speaks for some.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 17:16

Quote:

WheelKing99, Mon 22 Oct 14:51

I’d be surprised if he survives a mauling against Utd. Everyone is pretty much in agreement that the manager has made a complete and utter erse of the season so far. Better sides than the one we have now have been relegated. If Falkirk start winning then we are in serious bother.

Wheelie why do you print this stuff, where do you get it from?

Everyone thinks no such thing. Print your opinion but keep it real ffs.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 17:35

Topic Originator: bencrawfordd like | nolike
Date: Mon 22 Oct 14:53

I ran a poll on my Instagram page:

738 people saw it.
493 people voted (about 60 or so weren’t Dunfermline fans) and the results were:
373 - AJ out (76%)
120 - AJ in (24%)

Cheers Ben, pretty interesting stuff.I'd be interested on the breakdown of the non 60 Pars fans who voted.Were they rival fans voting for AJ to stay? Are you able to differentiate what the Pars fans only voted for?

I think no matter what camp you are in it's pretty clear the discontent seems to be gathering pace week on week with gate numbers falling dramatically and the vocal discontent increasing in decibels despite the gates going down. I've always been an advocate of continuity but the performances more so than the results are leading me to change my thinking.I'm beginning to lose the faith and nothing in AJ's decisions or mannerisms are inspiring confidence in me at the moment. If and when there is change I'd like to see someone with a strong connection with the club coming in as it get's the fans onside straight away.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 18:24

We'll of course the discontent will increase with every poor result, just as it would fall away if we put together a few good results and performances.

For various reasons, AJ has yet to find or be able to play his best team this season. It makes no sense to sack him now. Like a number of other posters, whose opinions I value and respect, I believe he should be given until the end of the year to bring about a marked improvement. The likes of Beadling, Muirhead, Keena and Higgy should hopefully be fully soon and help to bolster our team in areas we've been found lacking.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 18:24

I think you only have to look at how many people were left at the end, and some of those only stayed to have a go at AJ.
If 100 posters on here are wanting him gone a lot less are wanting him to stay, which ties into Ben's survey.
I think the people who are saying a minority want rid of him are kidding themselves, indeed it is a minority that want him to stay.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 22 Oct 18:58

There are a couple of posters who's opinions I have learned to value that want the manager to stay and I respect those opinions but the bottom line is on this occasion I disagree.I was in that camp up until recently but like others I suspect the tide is turning. I would be astounded if we showed marked improvement by the end of the year as the signs quite simply haven't been there that we are about to turn the corner. I can accept defeats but the performances have been poor nearly all season long, struggling to even muster up a shot on target in a good few matches. I don't see where the goals are going to come from on a regular basis, our strikers aren't scoring and nobody is chipping in from other areas either.

To say it makes no sense to sack him now is silly-someone mentioned that gates were down 17% already, than in itself would have resulted in some managers being given the sack.To say he hasn't been able to find his best team doesn't cut it-I'm sorry but that's in his job description. The majority of his signings have been failures with only a few exceptions-do you give him reign to make more signings in January?

Our away record over the last year is dreadful and worryingly our home record is also starting to severely decline. I must stress that at no point last season did I think AJ should be sacked and I had no qualms about him being offered a new deal as he made the play-offs last season. I also felt it would be a 2 year job to get us contending with the player turnover and was prepared to give him that time. The fact is I, like many, haven't seen the basics done correctly or performance levels that this club deserves. Worryingly, I don't see all of the players putting in maximum effort which is the bare minimum I am looking for.The defending from the front has been non-existent in the games I've witnessed. If your strikers aren't scoring the least you expect is for them to put a shift in.

As long as the board stick with him, I'll be behind him and the team and I couldn't be more delighted if I was proved wrong on this.A big month ahead if he lasts that long.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: