DAFC.net
Home 17 September 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Reserve league V Falkirk
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 13:49

Any team news yet ?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Reserve league V Falkirk
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 13:50

Found it

Falkirk: Mutch, Munro, Robson, Russell, Harrison, McKee, O'Hara, Kidd, Lewis, Trialist, Haber

Dunfermline: Gill, Williamson, Allan, Jordan, Morrison, Beadling, Higginbotham, Thomson, McCann, Muirhead, Hippolyte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 13:56

our subs

12 Brandon Luke
14 Josh Robertson
15 Lewis Sawers
16 Lewis Crosbie
17 Paul Brown
20 Craig Burt (GK)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 14:06

On paper a strong side - could almost be our first team midfield and forward line.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 14:29

Yet looks all Falkirk according to Twitter feed, a bit worrying.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 14:30

1-0 down
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 14:38

Mckee Pen 1-0 f@lkirk

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 14:39

Falkirk team pretty strong too wetherby, be disappointing if we don't score in the game given the team from midfield forward.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 15:39

higgingbotham off after 70mins as he continues to build back from injury

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 15:45

2 zip
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 15:45

2-1
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 15:51

Hippo 2-1

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 16:10

Anyone there who can post a report- sounds a better half.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 16:52

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA_NO1  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 17:18

Crawford out

"a picture paints a thousand words"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 17:21

bit unfair when its AJs signings he is having to play ;)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 17:28

"Surely to christ Beadling and Muirhead are fit to play now "

We will see Saturday but something tells me that AJ prefers Vincent and Martin to Beadling
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 17:36

He signed him before the window was eveb open I think, gave him the number 8 shirt and a 2 year deal which is rare for us. Surely he has to rate him, he's the only box to box player we have.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 17:54

why should he walk straight back into the team if the manager feels the current midfield pair are doing well?
is he, Muirhead or anyone else doing enough in training and/or in these games to say you must pick me?

disagree on the only box to box player too, all the centre midfield options can do it apart from Martin but its hard to do that role if he is in the side too imo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 18:04

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jock-par  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 18:37

Vincent and Martin are too defensive to play together. I don’t know what Thomson had done wrong or why he lost his place in the side. Also agree that Beadling should be brought back in.

We are Dunfermline, we're on our way back!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 18:53

Regarding Thomson I don't know what he did wrong either ! At least he isn't scared to have a shot at goals where Vincent is a wee change of personnel this Saturday wouldn't do any harm , will maybe shake the players up a bit too and if today's reserve game is anything to go with some players didn't exactly cover themselves in glory and put their names In The frame for Saturday ! Let's see what Saturday brings
We need a win
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 19:37

Our reserve team looks very good on paper, but have lost 4, drawn 1, won 1, thus far.

They don't seem to be gelling either.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parbucks  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 19:44

^^^
Looks like a common theme at EEP at the moment!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 19:46

Vincent isn't box to box. You see that as soon as he gets to within about 10 yards of the opponents box. He's also not got the legs any longer. Thomson maybe could be but I see him as more of a forward thinking player. Beadling can sit deep when needed and be a late runner into the box. Before his injury he seemed to cover a lot of ground. I'd be tempted to use all three in a 4-2-3-1 although there would be no width other than the full backs getting forward. The three of L. Longridge, Thomson and Beadling floating around behind a central striker could cause all sorts of problems for centre halves not knowing who to follow. Connelly or Hippolyte could come in for Thomson if he wanted a bit more width (although neither exactly hugged the touchline on Saturday past).
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 19:52

I'd like to see that kp. Might shake things up a bit.

Who would get the striker role though an who would the two be?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 20:06

It's a bit concerning that the last two defeats for the Reserves have been with teams that have contained five of the guys that are regularly touted on here as the potential salvation of the first team. Did anyone at the game today see anybody worth a shout on Saturday?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kingseat par  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 20:35

According to the Pars Review article on the match only Ryan Williamson looked worth a start.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bencrawfordd  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 20:44

Pars Review match report ⬇️

http://www.parsreview.org/match-reports/reportopinion-reserves-v-falkirk-231018

Pars Review: http://www.parsreview.org
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1BVIChsK6v-iTyJnKNf7Eg
Pars Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thedunfermlineway/
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 20:57

Just read the review.
Sounds absolutely chaotic, with only Williamson getting pass marks, possibly Hippolyte.

Not good news.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WheelKing99  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 22:06

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 22:10

Probably still Vincent and Martin given the lack of available sitting players mach 1. It would mean that if a full back went up to provide width, one or both of them would stay deep to offer a bit of protection (Vincent would be better at this I'd imagine). Martin would be good in there to take the ball from the centre halves or keeper and trying to start things. As for the lone striker, who knows? I'd be tempted to go with Keena as reports from Jambos say he's a willing runner and knows where the goals are.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 22:14

Yeah, why not try Keena up front.

Nobody else is banging the goals in anyway. He could always be subbed at half time, if no good.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 22:15

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 22:52

There seems an interesting contrast between Stevie C swapping players here, there and everywhere, and AJ's seeming reluctance to change.

Of course, it's only a reserve game and some experimentation may be in order.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Tue 23 Oct 23:10

The only way we will get goals is if the forwards get a decent service through to them. This is just not happening, so it wouldn't matter who plays up front. My preference is to see Faissal and Keena up front together.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 08:12

Quote:

WheelKing99, Tue 23 Oct 22:06

What is happening to our club ? It’s a shambles from top to bottom at the minute.

Aye, we're nearly as bad as Man U....... getting royally thumped 1-0 at home by a team with a smaller budget and a 30 something year old guy up front. 😃

I'm going to stick a wad of cash on Jose and AJ both getting the boot before Christmas......

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: preston par  
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 08:33

FEB has not been good enough since coming back. I feel a bit sorry for him as a lot of fans were under the impression that he would stroll it in this league and fire us to the top. I'm sure he hasn't got any league goals or scored in 12 games or so. Pretty sure he's only got an assist or two as well in the league games so not contributing much as a striker.
Pick any two from Ryan/Keena/Muirhead to start up this weekend (watch him play FEB and Connolly).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 08:58

It doesn’t matter what strikers are put on, the system and style of play isnt suited to any of them.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 09:01

I'm not disagreeing that the system isn't suited to the strikers we've been playing but FEB doesn't deserve his place in the team. If Hippolyte played that many games without a goal/put in that general level of activity, there would be a riot on here!!
I know FEB is the favourite player for a lot of our fans but he just hasn't produced anything like what we thought.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hummingbird Harry  
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 09:05

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 09:38

Question...
(and this isn't a loaded question.... Just something I was wondering about)
When Faissal was a pars player and scored all the goals he got.... What system/formation were we playing?
I understand that the squad around him is different to what it was.... Just wondered if there was any other reason as to why he seems to be struggling to find the net.
Or is it just that he got better service from the other players that were here then?
Maybe he's low on confidence after his spell at Dundee?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 09:50

He's anything but chronic. He still makes a very go FWIW, I would get Ryan Williamson back at RB with Connolly in front of him and get James Craigen back in the midfield. I think our midfield is static and by the time they try to pass to a forward, they are all marked and with no space to shoot or otherwise. I don't think there is any fluency , please bring back wingers.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 10:01

Quote:

kelty_par, Tue 23 Oct 19:46

Vincent isn't box to box. You see that as soon as he gets to within about 10 yards of the opponents box. He's also not got the legs any longer. Thomson maybe could be but I see him as more of a forward thinking player. Beadling can sit deep when needed and be a late runner into the box. Before his injury he seemed to cover a lot of ground. I'd be tempted to use all three in a 4-2-3-1 although there would be no width other than the full backs getting forward. The three of L. Longridge, Thomson and Beadling floating around behind a central striker could cause all sorts of problems for centre halves not knowing who to follow. Connelly or Hippolyte could come in for Thomson if he wanted a bit more width (although neither exactly hugged the touchline on Saturday past).

Whilst I agree that a 4-2-3-1 might work, that would send this site into a meltdown. We played a 4-2-3-1 for the entire second half on Saturday and so many people are moaning about Connolly playing “up front” because he was in the middle of that 3, after Faiss (who was originally in the number 10 role) went off.

Some fans have been moaning about this since Saturday, calling Johnston tactically inept etc, not realising that they’re the ones who can’t actually recognise a change in tactics.

Personally, I’d rather play Beadling as one of the 2 holding players. I don’t think Martin & Vincent work well together, they both sit too deep and look frightened when they cross the halfway line. I’d rather have Beadling who can drive forward with the ball and create space, in that role.

I’d also prefer to have 2 wide players in the 3, rather than more central players, but giving them freedom to drift in, if that’s where the space is, or to create space for an overlapping fullback. But I do feel like our personnel may be more suited to your style.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 10:04

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 11:07

We need muirhead in the team if we are just going to pass sideways until the inevitable punt up the park. I'd drop Faz, great against league 1 standard players but can't cut it against the more physical faster players in this league.

Doesn't change the fact he's living off scraps but when the ball breaks he's on his heels and when he gets it he's head down run until he looses it.

We desperately need some wingers or we need to tell Connolly and Longridge to stay on the wing. Problem is they don't have the pace to beat a man......

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 11:41

I'm surprised Kenna didn't feature in the reserve squad yesterday. I thought he was eligible to play in reserve league games? Maybe he's being saved for a start on Saturday.

Faiss is finding goals hard to come by in this League but some of his ball control is sublime.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hay Fever  
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 12:51

Whilst I agree that a 4-2-3-1 might work, that would send this site into a meltdown. We played a 4-2-3-1 for the entire second half on Saturday and so many people are moaning about Connolly playing “up front” because he was in the middle of that 3, after Faiss (who was originally in the number 10 role) went off.

What a Load of p15h. If it was 4231 then no one told the players. I was in a Box Saturday and you could clearly see Connolly time and time again asking the bench where he was meant to be playing. At one time he went up to Hippo clearly pointing I think you should be in the Middle. Players had no clue what to do in the last 15 mins and it showed

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WheelKing99  
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 13:35

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 13:41

While every striker is only as good as the service he is provided, I don't feel that Faissal and Andy link up particularly well. They're more likely to try and create an opportunity for themselves than look to play in their striking partner. While that's OK if you're in a good position it's frustrating when the other striker is better placed and not used.

Vassal di well in our League 1 winning season because Michael Moffat was a dream to play alongside, constantly looking to set him up - even when he was well placed himself. Not sure if that was down to supreme altruism on Moffat's part, or just a reluctance to shoot from a lack of confidence.

The best Pars strike partnership I've seen in 55 years is Crawford and Brewster, beyond any shadow of a doubt.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 13:45

Hyperbole is absolutely hopeless as a form of expression. Well, maybe that's an exaggeration.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 13:48

Would that be like the opportunity Faissal created for himself, and passed to Hippo at Falkirk?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 13:48

Pretty sure I read that Keena isnt eligible to play for our reserves as he turned out for Hearts reserves last week.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 13:52

Yes, but somebody then said that only applied to the League Cup.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 15:07

Faissal has been below 'Par' since he arrived. I could be wrong but in around 14/15 games he maybe has 2 goals and 2 assists. Goals were in the Pre-Season cup if I am correct. I'm sure that if Nicky Clark had that record (or some of our other current players) there would be an uproar. As mentioned before, just because he's a fans favourite, shouldn't guarantee the guy a game. He should be dropped for the weekend.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 15:15

"I could be wrong but in around 14/15 games he maybe has 2 goals and 2 assists."

Were any of those goals against part-time opposition? As they don't count.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 15:30

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 16:46

Quote:

steaua, Wed 24 Oct 13:48

Would that be like the opportunity Faissal created for himself, and passed to Hippo at Falkirk?

Dinnae be so touchy, Steaua. I didn't say Faissal never plays a team mate in - just that he and Andy Ryan tend to be a bit selfish, imo and don't link up too often. That's not a terrible trait in a striker, but it can sometimes be a disadvantage. In Michael Moffat's case, the opposite was true. He often looked for a team mate when he should have been trying to score himself.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 17:47

I would drop Fass. There to score goals and not delivered. Others there deserve a shot.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 18:14

If a defender makes costly mistakes game after game, he will likely be dropped at some point.

Same if a midfielder constantly makes misguided passes, or gets caught in possession too often.

So a striker who is not scoring should also be given a rest.

I am a Faissal fan, but with each successive game, he looks more and more like a man under pressure.

Not that any of the others are doing well either, but we need to start getting results, so maybe a change is as good as a rest.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 18:23

Strikers get off lightly when they make a mistake. Robinson and Devine cost us goals from winning positions against Morton and Alloa and were rightly criticised but on Saturday Louis Longridge missed a gilt-edged chance when it was 0-0 which could have changed the game and it was hardly mentioned.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 18:34

Agree with that and that more excuses are made for them.

Things are said like, he's a confidence player, and the goals will flow once the first goes on.

The perception is that strikers win matches whereas defenders and goalies lose matches.
Very unfair.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 18:50

I think wee George O'Boyle went 16 games without a goal before opening his Pars account. There was never any chance of him being dropped for he was a rich man's Michael Moffat, constantly bringing his team mates into the game with wonderful play and exquisite, probing passes.

Along with Kozma, they were an absolute joy to watch, although they were nowhere near as prolific a goalscoring partnership as Brew and Craw.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 19:35

Brew and Craw were the best pairing I've seen for the Pars as well, but for out and out scoring, Charlie D was the man, certainly going by statistics. He must have averaged more than 20 goals per season, over ten years.

That said Fergie and John Watson also scored plenty for us, over less time.

Winker in fact went 17 games until he got his first as well.

Him and Norrie were a great pairing as well, not always on the pitch lol.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 21:13

Strikers are judged on scoring. Fass hasn’t scored to date. He needs to be dropped. Will do good for him
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 22:58

Jim Fleming and John mcglaughlan were a good pairing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 23:00

Quote:

1981par, Wed 24 Oct 21:13

Strikers are judged on scoring. Fass hasn’t scored to date. He needs to be dropped. Will do good for him

Read the posts about O'Boyle and Watson. They weren't dropped.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 23:10

Didn't it take Stewart Petrie a while to score his first goal for the Pars?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 23:20

Keena and Fais for me. With Ryan W and Higgy back on the rhs and Beadling beside Vincent.
Thought Keena looked a handful in his wee cameo on sat. Much more so than Muirhead when I've seen him.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: