DAFC.net
Home 07 December 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Dortmund
Topic Originator: Par-anoid  
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 13:22

Looking for a bit of assistance. I would like to take my son to a Dortmund game and wondered whether anyone had any experience of purchasing tickets or could offer any advice?
Cheers
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Dortmund
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 13:32

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bangorpar  
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 13:36

I went to watch Dortmund earlier this year. I bought tickets from Viagogo and had them delivered to the hotel where we were staying in Eindhoven. (Also watched PSV that weekend so not as crazy as it sounds!).

I think from memory the tickets were roughly 3 times face value but they were for the yellow wall which I've always fancied being in amongst so personally given that the face value was only something around 18€ I thought it was worth paying the inflated value.

Your match ticket also gives you free rail travel to the ground as well which if I'm being honest I didn't know until I got talking to a few Scotsmen who lived in Dortmund at the station that were also going to the game.

Overall it was a great experience and I'd really recommend it .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 13:42

Been to the stadium for Germany v Scotland

Can certainly recommend it, a visit to the club shop is an experience in itself, they have cars in there for sale in the club colours

It got me thinking.........
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 14:41

I'm also looking to take my son, so interested to see the responses from the resident bvb fans.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 14:48

What game are you looking to go to mate?

Post Edited (Wed 24 Oct 14:49)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 14:54

OK first tickets.
If you choose a game that isn't one of the big ones, e.g. Sch*lke or Bayern then there is always a decent chance of tickets in front of the North stand or on your way there.
Best spot is usually next to the fan shop but if you're determined to get tickets and not leave it to chance then as suggested through websites but you will pay over the odds.

I'd love to say I could guarantee you tickets myself but they tend to go on sale about a month before a game and usually snapped up quickly.
Depending on the age of your sons , if young then the Yellow wall might not be suitable but if teens then they will simply love it there.
Note there is also now standing area at the opposite end of the stadium now too.

Transport to and from the stadium is free when you have a ticket but even when not, you'll be fine as trains are usually packed so no ticket checks go on.
I've yet to see one on match days in 15 years.

You can drink beer in the stadium and smoke if you want apart from the family section.

If you two plan to come over then it would be great to meet up before with your lads.

Feel free to email me at antmania34@googlemail.com

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 15:30

Cheers guys. I was looking at a game in March or April next year and would prefer to be in the yellow wall if I’m going to do it. My son is 12 so I think he’d appreciate the experience of the wall.

AAPS, I’ll drop you an email later this evening if that’s ok?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 15:36

Quote:

Par-anoid, Wed 24 Oct 15:30

Cheers guys. I was looking at a game in March or April next year and would prefer to be in the yellow wall if I’m going to do it. My son is 12 so I think he’d appreciate the experience of the wall.

AAPS, I’ll drop you an email later this evening if that’s ok?

Nae bother mate.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 16:50

Emailed you mate. Might drop into your spam as I’m still hanging about in the 1980s and use hotmail.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 24 Oct 16:52

Not Dortmund specific but if anyone wants to "try out" german football it is impossible not to be attracted. Few of us arranged a xmas trip and return flights and match tickets under £50. Sales running to get RETURN flights for £11. normally easy enough to pick up tickets if planned in advance. We are doing it in 24 hours with no digs but easy enough to add a hotel room split between couple of people for £20 a head for a few hours sleep. Chance to even do a couple of games if your really looking to push the trip.

Only thing is match schedules tend to only be around 6-8 weeks notice and get released in 3/4 game blocks to confirm kick off dates/times. Bigger teams bit easier to plan around knowing European games etc

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bangorpar  
Date:   Thu 25 Oct 13:30

That's kind of what me and my mate did only we stretched out the trip. We watched Fortuna Dusseldorf on Friday night, PSV Eindhoven on Saturday night and then Dortmund on Sunday afternoon. Pretty sure the whole trip (excluding beer money) was about £250-£300. Not bad for return flights, 3 nights in hotels, 3 match ticket, train from Dusseldorf to Eindhoven and a return train from Eindhoven to Dortmund.

We're thinking of trying a similar thing at some point next year but probably visiting some different stadiums.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Oct 17:20

Quote:

Par-anoid, Wed 24 Oct 16:50

Emailed you mate. Might drop into your spam as I’m still hanging about in the 1980s and use hotmail.

Replied buddy.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: