DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 FIFA - Same old, same old
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 25 Oct 14:36

Discredited former FIFA president, Sepp Blatter, was notorious for coming up with lots of crackpot ideas, which he was convinced would improve the game for fans e.g. make the goals bigger to increase the average number of goals scored per game. (He abandoned that idea when he was advised about the costs involved.)

His successor, Gianni Infantino, appears to be another cheek of the same err.... bum. He and his FIFA Executive Committee, have hatched a number of plans to squeeze even more football into the calendar, which if implemented, will make the rich even richer................

See what you think.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45970117

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: FIFA - Same old, same old
Topic Originator: 1957Par  
Date:   Thu 25 Oct 15:03

Heard of this yesterday, more tamperferance from the Big Wigs(as they see themselves) of world football, but to what end? Good news appears to be UEFA's reluctance to green light the scheme. As you say, the rich getting richer perhaps.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 25 Oct 20:43

I'm not convinced this is the best idea in the world and I'm a fan of the Confederation Cup too especially as it allows a World Cup host some practice before the main event so I hope it doesn't happen. However the brass neck of UEFA complaining about it takes hypocracy to a whole new level.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Thu 25 Oct 23:45

The only thing I’d like to see from them is to get rid of the legalised match rigging in the seeding system. The smaller teams ie Scotland are always gonna struggle to get to finals while this joke of a system is in use.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRFC_no1  
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 10:29

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: