DAFC.net
Home 12 December 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Referees for next two games
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 25 Oct 10:08

Steven Kirkland will referee Saturday's game against Dundee United and Barry Cook will be in charge of next Tuesday's game at Inverness.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Referees for next two games
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Thu 25 Oct 10:48

Steven Kirkland has reffed us once in a 2-2 draw through at Dumbarton in 2016.

Barry Cook reffed the 3-0 win at Brechin and the 4-0 win at Dumbarton last season.

I like to see refs getting opportunities in bigger games as the top flight officials dont inspire.

How did the ref fair last saturday he was unfamiliar to us?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Thu 25 Oct 11:00

lets see if Kirkland will put up with Fyvie trying to referee the game for him.

if Cook could go back to giving us a penalty in the games he does that would be very welcome, the Dumbarton game last year was the first game he hadn't given us a penalty in about 7 or 8 games. if Inverness score and he doesn't see it like the Partick Morton game, again that would be very welcome :)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Thu 25 Oct 11:32

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Thu 25 Oct 11:34

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Thu 25 Oct 10:48

How did the ref fair last saturday he was unfamiliar to us?

I thought he was quite poor, but ultimately his decisions didn’t influence the game.

There were a few incidents, where his decisions were just mental. I can think of one in the second half, when J Longridge played the ball forward and a Queens player blocked it and you heard and saw the ball hit off him and go out of play. The Queens players all started moving back into position for our throw, but the referee and linesman awarded it for them.

He would go through 5/10 minute spells where he would give fouls for every little bit of contact and not play advantage. Then go through spells where he wouldn’t give anything, making his decisions very inconsistent.

Likewise, he booked Connolly for attempting to bring a man down, who had got past him. Then when Dobbie tried to trip Craigen, after he’d got past him, didn’t even speak to him.

Far from the worst we’ve seen, but he didn’t impress me. For me, refereeing decisions (what’s a foul/booking and what isn’t) need to be consistent throughout a match.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Thu 25 Oct 15:59

"Likewise, he booked Connolly for attempting to bring a man down, who had got past him. Then when Dobbie tried to trip Craigen, after he’d got past him, didn’t even speak to him.

Far from the worst we’ve seen, but he didn’t impress me. For me, refereeing decisions (what’s a foul/booking and what isn’t) need to be consistent throughout a match"

from an officials perspective he will probably set the tone with some early fouls given. Then let game flow based on the early foul/tolerances set. If he feels getting out hand then again reign it in and give fouls. Players can respond and relax a bit or continue and fouls keep being given. Appears inconsistence but is very good game management. Bookings are the same, number of fouls against a player, time in the game, number of fouls in the game aorund the same time. Types of fouls. A yellow card can nip pettiness before it ruins the game and stops others getting involved.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: