DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Manager on Thursday
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Thu 25 Oct 20:38

Wasn’t at the game Saturday but says “We probably had five or six really good chances but you have to be clinical, you have got to take them”, didn’t get the feeling that was the case by reading the twitter updates and the aftermath on here.

However what I didn’t like reading was this, “For me the way that we have reacted is important. We started the season really well with a win away against Dundee United then we lost three games on the bounce but in the five games since then, believe it or not, we are one of the form teams in the division. That is unbelievable when you see some of the stick some of the players have been getting. We have to make sure that we can handle that and go and get the wins we need”
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Manager on Thursday
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Thu 25 Oct 21:36

Yes it’s not true what he says. 5 or 6 good chances is mince. Maybe 3 at most. Had to defend the team I guess. As for one of the in form teams. I’m yet to see it.

Post Edited (Thu 25 Oct 21:39)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ronaldo  
Date:   Thu 25 Oct 21:47

"had five or six really good chances"

"the stick some of the players have been getting"

both these statements are true.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafcburty  
Date:   Thu 25 Oct 21:52

Quote:

1981par, Thu 25 Oct 21:36

Yes it’s not true what he says. 5 or 6 good chances is mince. Maybe 3 at most. Had to defend the team I guess. As for one of the in form teams. I’m yet to see it.

Saturday was our first defeat in 90 mind for 7 matches in all competitions... We had 2 wins (Partick and Falkirk) and 4 draws (Boreham Wood, Morton and Alloa x 2) in that spell. So, we were one of the form teams in that regard. The performances can be debated - whether they were good, bad or indifferent, AJ isn't making any false statements when he talks about how the team have been doing results-wise recently.

https://jordanburtfootball.com
bringing you up-to-date Interviews, Match Reports and much more!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kyle DAFC  
Date:   Thu 25 Oct 22:13

I wouldn’t class 2 draws against Alloa as particularly good form. As for the 5 or 6 good chances created, I can’t agree with that either.

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafcburty  
Date:   Thu 25 Oct 22:24

Quote:

Kyle DAFC, Thu 25 Oct 22:13

I wouldn’t class 2 draws against Alloa as particularly good form. As for the 5 or 6 good chances created, I can’t agree with that either.

It isn't the results we would've liked but in terms of form, we were unbeaten in 6 matches in all competitions within the 90 mins prior to Saturday and I think that's what AJ was trying to get across. As GG Riva says on here a lot, stats can be manipulated any way they want... I was just trying to say that he isn't factually incorrect in what he is saying. I'm not disputing two draws at home to Alloa is disappointing results considering our ambitions this season but I'm sure the manager would agree on that front too.

https://jordanburtfootball.com
bringing you up-to-date Interviews, Match Reports and much more!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paristotle  
Date:   Thu 25 Oct 22:45

I think his appraisal was generally accurate, and don't see the problem with it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Thu 25 Oct 22:56

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Oct 23:38

Would love the team to shut everyone up with an impressive performance on Saturday
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 00:29

Points from last 5 matches, according to the BBC table:

Ayr 12
Ross Co 11
Dunfermline 8
ICT 7
Dundee Utd 7
QoS 6
Morton 6
Alloa 5
Partick 3
Falkirk 3

It's a tight league.

Support Pars United (costs you nothing) when you shop online with 3100 retailers and insurance firms etc, including Argos, Amazon, John Lewis, Tesco, LV=, O2 etc.
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/parsalive
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 07:17

We are 7th in the league.

The rest is just playing with statistics.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 07:32

I think in fairness to AJ, he can't just come out and say exactly what he thinks. He will defend the players in public, where as he may tell them other things in private. His comments are fairly bland and generic which is probably the best approach, if not very interesting.

It is a tight league and it is fine margins, we should probably have got in from against QOS and if we had, who knows we may have played better and won comfortably, instead it was a dire performance.

He needs to get us up towards the top of the table soon though, otherwise it will be time for a change.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 07:49

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 08:27

I get his comments about form, as there are so many teams who beat each other and drop points. The one about 5 or 6 clear chances though? Not for me. Longridge blazing over the bar, the Ashcroft header and the Faissal non-header where he just needed to get something on it are the three chances I can remember.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 09:11

we maybe did create 5 or 6 good chances however we are bottom half of the 2nd tier in scottish football. The calibre of players we have means that you probably need about 8 chances for a goal as we dont have a a 1 or 2 chance per goal striker

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Perkins  
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 09:12

One of the form teams, playing in front of some of the league's biggest crowds!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 10:25

Post what ever stats you want but what I’m watching at EEP just now is dross.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 10:28

The good chances I remember us having were:

Longridge - ball was cut back to him and he skied it, should have done better.

Ryan - nice curve destined for the goal, great save by the keeper

Ashcroft - header in second half, anywhere other than where it went it was a goal

FEB - ball went into the box and he just missed getting onto it.

So that's 4, and no doubt I've missed one or two so think AJ is right on that point.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 10:42

Quote:

Stanza, Fri 26 Oct 00:29

Points from last 5 matches, according to the BBC table:

Ayr 12
Ross Co 11
Dunfermline 8
ICT 7
Dundee Utd 7
QoS 6
Morton 6
Alloa 5
Partick 3
Falkirk 3

It's a tight league.

Thanks for that, Stanza. It's cheered me up quite a bit. Nobody's pretending everything is rosy, but it's interesting to note that, had we beaten QOS and I believe we should have, we'd be joint 2nd in that table.

Those who like to take the glass half empty approach won't be happy with AJ's take on things, but it's undeniable that results have improved, even though stats can be misleading.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 12:26

Should have could have would have.

I will judge the performance tomorrow on a rejuvenated Dundee Utd team. In those last 5 games I can’t think of a good team we played. Alloa twice Morton Falkirk and Partick. All under performing teams. What I’m watching on the field is dross so I don’t really care about stats.

I really hope AJ gets a good win tomorrow.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 12:30

Sorry 1981 I think Alloa considering that they are part time are possible playing better than people give them credit. It will be interesting to see how well we do at the Recs.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 12:52

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Fri 26 Oct 12:30

Sorry 1981 I think Alloa considering that they are part time are possible playing better than people give them credit. It will be interesting to see how well we do at the Recs.

This is exactly what riles me a bit. The insinuation that other teams in this league are poor so we are gash if we cant beat them. We are all losing points to each other, there are no really gash teams involved ( apart from Falkirk at present). Surprise results every week, if you are still surprised.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 13:00

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Fri 26 Oct 12:30

Why on earth are you apologising to 1981, eeap? There are a fair few miserable sods stalking this forum but he probably shades it for the crown. While no Pars fan in their right mind would be happy at the poor start we've made to the league campaign, 1981 is completely negative day in day out on here. Initially, I thought he might just like winding folk up, but nobody could keep that up indefinitely- he is just a miserable sod and shoul change his username to Eyore - you know, that upbeat donkey from Winnie the pooh? 😃

The manager tries to put a positive spin on things by saying our results have improved - which they have and Eyore comes back with "dross." Maybe that's how he expects AJ to described the players and their performances of late? That worked really well for Yogi Hughes at the San Starko, eh?

Good point made about Alloa. They're not exactly a swashbuckling team, but they're extremely difficult to beat - well organised, very stuffy and don't concede goals easily.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 13:08

Only Falkirk have a worse home record than us.Only scored 2 goals at East End in the league all season and conceded 7.Our goal against Partick was gifted on a plate and even with that we have scored once every 225 minutes in the league at home.Hard to dress that up however you look at it.

Here's hoping tomorrow is when it all clicks.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 14:01

Quote:

parathletic, Fri 26 Oct 13:08

Only Falkirk have a worse home record than us.Only scored 2 goals at East End in the league all season and conceded 7.Our goal against Partick was gifted on a plate and even with that we have scored once every 225 minutes in the league at home.Hard to dress that up however you look at it.

I'm glad you added that last sentence, Parathletic. I was beginning to think Eyore had infected you, too.😃

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 17:59

Oh Jesus wept GG Riva.

Your points are irrelevant on this forum.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 18:55

Quote:

1981par, Fri 26 Oct 17:59

Oh Jesus wept GG Riva.

The one thing this forum lacks is an ignore button

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 20:00

Quote:

parathletic, Fri 26 Oct 13:08

That's because fans get on their backs within the first 5 minutes. There is absolutely no encouragement for the team these days. Wonder why we have better away form, because the atmosphere is better and it spurs them on.

EEP is just vile at the moment.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 20:43

Yep, it's absolutely because the fans get on their backs within five minutes. Except it's not, and we don't. As for better away form, we've won at Dundee Utd (who have since sacked their manager) and Falkirk (who will do well to get to 6 points by January). It's hardly like it's chalk and cheese.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 20:53

Berrys 100% correct - our fans are brutal. Unbelievable considering how hard everyone worked to save the club. Yet some "won't be back til AJ goes"....call yourselves supporters? Pathetic.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 21:03

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 26 Oct 20:53

Berrys 100% correct - our fans are brutal. Unbelievable considering how hard everyone worked to save the club. Yet some "won't be back til AJ goes"....call yourselves supporters? Pathetic.

Everyone?

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 21:16

Quote:

Rastapari, Fri 26 Oct 21:03

Quote:

Everyone?

Post Edited (Fri 26 Oct 21:23)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 21:28

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 26 Oct 18:55

Quote:

1981par, Fri 26 Oct 17:59

Oh Jesus wept GG Riva.

The one thing this forum lacks is an ignore button

Christ it's quiet enough!

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 21:50

Quote:

Quote:

Everyone?

Yes I believe everyone played their part. Some like yourself were on the front line so to speak. Others behind the scenes. But everyone had a hand in our survival.

Post Edited (Fri 26 Oct 21:50)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 21:50

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 21:51

Not exactly supporting tho

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 22:23

At the Queens game there wasn't that much to get excited about yet there were still a few songs and supportive shouts. The tram have to give the fans a reason to get on their feet though. Keeping the ball is all well and good but fans react to honest to God chances and attacking play. We've not seen much of that this season as evidenced by the goals scored column.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 22:34

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 22:41

Worst thing the club has done was closing that section. The ground is like a morgue now, even in the big games.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parbucks  
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 22:54

The fans usually respond to what they see on the pitch.

If the line up doesn’t make sense and the players can’t adapt quickly then they will pick up on this right away.

AJ has not helped the cause by playing the wrong formation at times, predictable tactics, players out of position and poor timing of substitutions.

Some on here gave him until the first series of matches were played. Others now give him until the end of year. IMO he has until the end of November to get us into play off contention and show we are going forward otherwise he is toast.

That includes away games at RC and ICT who have already beaten us at home and Alloa who we can't seem to beat.

It doesn’t look good.

Post Edited (Fri 26 Oct 23:10)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Fri 26 Oct 23:34

Quote:

Bamba-Daft, Fri 26 Oct 22:41

Worst thing the club has done was closing that section. The ground is like a morgue now, even in the big games.

Certain fans are happy the NW section was closed and sure they are delighted now nobody is there trying to give the team backing.

All options or alternatives have been ignored by our BOD but cut of the lifeblood of our support , you pay the price.

Carry on letting The police dictate how you run your club though.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 00:30

We have only scored 2 goals at home in 5 games, now their is a worry.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 07:34

''Oh Jesus wept GG Riva.

Your points are irrelevant on this forum.''

Opinions are like @r$eh0les - everybody's got one. In your case, 1981, you have many, but they're all much of a muchness.

A quick search through your posts, reveals some real gems:-

" In those last 5 games I can’t think of a good team we played."

''Fass hasn’t scored to date. He needs to be dropped.''

''What a lot of dross.''

''We are playing such boring football it’s painful to watch.''

''Best thing Shaun (Byrne) did was leave the Pars.''

''Most boring football I’ve seen at EEP for a long time.''

''We let all our best players leave and gave a man who has failed a 2 year deal. Thanks BOD but you’ve got this one wrong.''

''...we are failing massively. Get the Googles off''

''I have never been so bored watching the Pars in over 20 years. Dross''

''Why we gave a 2 year deal to a man of a failure last season is beyond me.''

''Well he’s the chairman of the club so bulk of blame lies with him''

''I think the board know they have cost the club thousands in giving this man a 2 year deal.''

''Fais who is hopeless is having his best game ...''

''I thank you for saving my club and doing what you can but you have cost the club thousands in giving a 2 year deal to the manager from a season he failed in. I have come come to acceptance that a boring scrappy 1-0 is best we can hope for. My enjoyment is complete sucked out of me.

It’s not the fact we are not winning games but the football we play is awful.''

''We scraped in to 4th spot in one of the worst leagues in a long time.''

''Usual post match nonsense. Better pressing play on the tape for the next one.''

''Ashcroft is the only one with pass marks for me.''

''Great. 3 points of scraping in to 4th. I’m so chuffed.''

''When are fans going to stop being happy in scraping a play off spot.''

''BOD have to take the blame here as we are now becoming a mediocre club.''

''I think the question needs to be asked to Ross and the BOD why they handed out a 2 year deal to AJ''

''I am yet to see what Faissal contributes to the team.''

''Our u10’s would have won last week (v Falkirk)''

''Getting tired of his hopeless management.''

''Hopeless again. We play awful football. Manager no clue what to do..''

''How Faissal stayed on pitch for full game I will never know.''

''2 wins against a poor Partick team and a terrible Falkirk team isn’t going to get me on the positive train again.''

I'm stopping now. Getting really depressed reading this stuff again. Maybe AJ should get 1981 to do the motivational pre-match team talks?

How anyone who posts so much negativity manages to drag himself along to Pars games is beyond me. Maybe you get some kind of masochistic enjoyment out of being so miserable and you're trying to infect other Pars fans?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 07:57

That's quite a back catalogue you pulled out there and indeed pretty negative stuff.

Tbf, one or two of the points have a truth to them, but put together like that makes me feel almost in the "happy clapper" camp and I have been described on here as "miserable mach" by a certain poster who also has the first odd number in his forum name.

Anyway, I hope, despite the feelings generated that all Pars fans do "drag" themselves along today, for what I feel will be the most atmospheric game for a while.

No predictions on outcome, but I'm hoping for a decent performance.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 08:12

Yip Mach 1 . I've been described in the past , by a certain shoulder perching bird . The most negative person on the forum .
1981 , you take the biscuit , but I have to admit I agree with almost everything you say .
Keep on telling it how it is .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 08:25

Quote:

mach1, Sat 27 Oct 07:57

That's quite a back catalogue you pulled out there and indeed pretty negative stuff.

Tbf, one or two of the points have a truth to them, but put together like that makes me feel almost in the "happy clapper" camp and I have been described on here as "miserable mach" by a certain poster who also has the first odd number in his forum name.

Anyway, I hope, despite the feelings generated that all Pars fans do "drag" themselves along today, for what I feel will be the most atmospheric game for a while.

No predictions on outcome, but I'm hoping for a decent performance.

Aye, mach1. I don't dispute that 1981 doesn't make the odd valid point, but it's depressingly negative all the same. You're positively sanguine in comparison. 😃

I don't like the term "happy clapper " at all. There's an insinuation that those in that group are of very low intelligence, idiots even. I can't imagine there's a happy Pars fan anywhere right now. Everyone connected with the Pars, players, fans, management team and BoD is desperately disappointed that we're not at or near the top of the table, where we feel a club of our standing should be.

I try to stay as positive as I can but it's not blind optimism, nor do I think everything in the garden is rosy, but if we all pull in the same direction and believe, we can turn things around. This constant sniping at the players, manager and even our Chairman, by 1981 and others of his ilk, does no good to the cause whatsoever. Aren't we all Pars fans and in this together?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 08:55

GG Riva. I will try and be more positive for you. How does that sound.

Hoping for a great performance and win today.

Post Edited (Sat 27 Oct 09:05)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 09:58

On the other hand I take my hat off to1981 if he seriously thinks it is all so bad yet continues to attend.
I hope we give him cause to write something positive today.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 10:04

I've never used the happy clapper term to imply anything about intelligence or people being idiots. I try not to use insults.

When I have used it is because it is easier to type than over optimistic supporters, or something similar.

What I do get uptight about are those fans on here who keep 'lecturing', please note the inverted commas, about how lucky we are to have a club as some kind of argument against poor performances, or in defence of some odd tactical decisions by our manager.

It's all opinion based anyway when football is being discussed, but if some have less tolerance than others, they are no less fans for that.
I know I can be quite demanding, my grandson will testify to that, but not because I want anyone to fail, quite the opposite in fact.

Anyway, whatever group of fans we fall into, we all want the same thing on the end.

Looks like a good day for football, so let's hope our team can add some sunshine to the day.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 13:09

Quote:

1981par, Sat 27 Oct 08:55

GG Riva. I will try and be more positive for you. How does that sound.

Hoping for a great performance and win today.

Atta boy, 1981. Look I realise it's far from easy trying to remain positive when results and performances are poor, but by articulating your frustration and disappointment, you run the risk of feeling even worse.

I'm probably better than you at dealing with poor runs involving the Pars, because I've had twice as much practice as you....😃

A good performance and 3 pts today, will be a great tonic for us all. COYP!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 14:10

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 26 Oct 21:50

Quote:

Quote:

Everyone?

Yes I believe everyone played their part. Some like yourself were on the front line so to speak. Others behind the scenes. But everyone had a hand in our survival.

There are some surprising characters that did nada....in it for the money.. .I wasn't referring to any perceived front line stuff.
Apologies.. .I wasn't clear.

I Hope You're Ok Today....

Post Edited (Sat 27 Oct 15:47)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 15:59

Quote:

Rastapari, Sat 27 Oct 14:10

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 26 Oct 21:50

Quote:

Quote:

Everyone?

There are some surprising characters that did nada....in it for the money.. .I wasn't referring to any perceived front line stuff.
Apologies.. .I wasn't clear.

Nae bother lad

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: