DAFC.net
Home 19 August 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Formation
Topic Originator: cmonpar  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 17:24

Ok, I’ve got the goalkeeper and I maybe have the back four but the rest was an absolute mess. I expected changes at half time but no. Then when they come out at half time all the subs go for a seat. No need to warm up at all for the entire time before they come on. Now I was cold and I was wrapped up for the weather. We are 2 down at home, why not give it a go. Like for like subs are not working. Go 2 at the back and stick another 2 up front ffs. Go out fighting. Basic stuff. I have been a supporter of the manager as he is the manager of the club I love but after today I’m afraid times up imo.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Formation
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 17:37

Jimmy Calderwood would have .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 17:45

There’s not enough width, quality, pace or height in this team.

Important there was no reaction after we conceded the second and nothing after they let us off with penalty. They are not playing for AJ.

Last sub and he puts joe on while muirhead warms the bench. How come beadling goes from not fit enough to get on last week despite Martin blowing out his bottom after 70 mins to getting the whole 90 today?

It’s just baffling decision after baffling decision. It’s a Waste of time.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!

Post Edited (Sat 27 Oct 17:47)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 17:50

Quote:

cmonpar, Sat 27 Oct 17:24

Ok, I’ve got the goalkeeper and I maybe have the back four but the rest was an absolute mess. I expected changes at half time but no. Then when they come out at half time all the subs go for a seat. No need to warm up at all for the entire time before they come on. Now I was cold and I was wrapped up for the weather. We are 2 down at home, why not give it a go. Like for like subs are not working. Go 2 at the back and stick another 2 up front ffs. Go out fighting. Basic stuff. I have been a supporter of the manager as he is the manager of the club I love but after today I’m afraid times up imo.

I'm not defending today but you must be crazy to think playing a 2-4-4 formation would have resulted in anything less than an 8 goal victory for United.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cmonpar  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 18:10

Not crazy, 0-2 or 0-8 makes no odds. At least show a bit of fight
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MESSIAH  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 18:45

Would like to see Muirhead and Ryan/Keena get a chance up front. We have nothing up there.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 18:55

Quote:

MESSIAH, Sat 27 Oct 18:45

Would like to see Muirhead and Ryan/Keena get a chance up front. We have nothing up there.

With Craigen taking the corners etc.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MESSIAH  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 18:58

I was referring more to the punted balls in the second half. Can’t recall us winning any flick ons or second balls at all. Nothing stuck at all.

As for corners and free kick did any clear the wall/first man?? If they did especially corners they were right into the keepers gloves.

Terrible day at the office and something has to change.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 19:31

Two got through in the second half, one an easy catch for the keeper & the second one pinged around the six box before being cleared. Corner kicks have been murder recently, I don’t think we got one passed the first defender in the QOS game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 19:40

About 90% of our corners hit the first man. The others floated into the keepers hands without him having to move. 2 free kicks in decent positions, both hit the wall without the wall even jumping (Faissals was actually waist height into the middle of the wall, woeful). What do they do all week?

It was evident after about 20 mins that we were giving fyvie and Stanton far too much time on the ball.. there was no pressure on them. Jackson longridge looks half the player he was at the start of the season, he just thumps the ball up the line 9 times out of 10 now.. might aswell bring back auzzy McCann. Louis longridge is invisible, same as Faissal. Hippolyte just isn’t up for the fight, complete charlatan.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 22:28

We have developed a losing mentallity. our inability to do even basic things is alarming as said before corners and free kicks are embarrassing

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 22:42

If corners and free kicks are to Ever work for you you need 1 of 2 things.....Great quality delivery or some giants in there. We have neither.

Vincent never laid a glove on Fyvie all day, he had all the time in the world. To be fair Vincent must be up for a fair play award, never bothers to even get close to the opposition never mind make a challenge. On the rare occasion it breaks to him he either gives it away it’s a backpass.

As per usual we lost pretty much every aerial challenge and half the time we didn’t even bother competing for it.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 23:50

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 27 Oct 22:42

If corners and free kicks are to Ever work for you you need 1 of 2 things.....Great quality delivery or some giants in there. We have neither.

Vincent never laid a glove on Fyvie all day, he had all the time in the world. To be fair Vincent must be up for a fair play award, never bothers to even get close to the opposition never mind make a challenge. On the rare occasion it breaks to him he either gives it away it’s a backpass.

As per usual we lost pretty much every aerial challenge and half the time we didn’t even bother competing for it.

Never thought I'd say this berkey but you took the words right out of my mouth. When the ball dropped invitingly to him in the D against Partick he turned back and looked for any pass that removed the responsibility of shooting. He's just not good enough.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: