DAFC.net
Home 19 August 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The one thing that will cost AJ his job.
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 17:25

Signings - they don’t look good enough,if that’s because they are genuinely no good or he’s unable to get the best out of them, either way he’s brought them in.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The one thing that will cost AJ his job.
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 17:36

That is exactly how I was thinking after the game. Looking back to last year's team excluding those who wanted to leave every new signing seems to be worse than those that did not get offered a contract. I don't think sacking AJ would make any difference, as I don't think that anyone new can lift these players, they just don't seem to be good enough.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 17:52

At this point

Hippo
L Longridge
Faz
Vincent
Devine
Muirhead

Are contribution nothing to the team.

If your punting the ball up the park every time then you don’t sign faz. Today we had 4 central midfeilders on the park, as usual no width and none of them could skin a banana.

I have never believed AJ signs players to play a position, he signs them then tried to fudge them in somehow. Half the team today reminds me shiels last season. Players out of position or being asked to do a job they are not capable off.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!

Post Edited (Sat 27 Oct 17:55)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 18:02

I don't think punting the ball long is a tactic. The lack of creativity, movement and the amount of mistakes means it's the easy option.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 18:04

A decent manager could make the play offs with our current squad
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 18:38

Faisssl is not good enough for this league. Amazes me how he plays every game. Longridge Vincent are good. Muirhead not see enough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 21:41

A lack of any tactical awareness will be his undoing and cost him dearly, has no idea how to alter a game by using his subs, the subs today were a joke again , and the fact that he paid money for Andy Ryan shows he has no idea what is required in this division

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Taxipar  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 22:39

Seen AJ on the touch line today with a little note pad thought he was writing his shopping line out for Aldi, bout all he did today

A par since 1985
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 23:22

I was thinking it might be a draft resignation letter!

In all seriousness, aaagghhh!

I'm just lost for words.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Higgys Mohawk  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 01:14

Needs to drop Faissal. He’s had his chance. Ultimately it’ll be his decisions that’ll cost him and he’s making the wrong one time and again.

The mowhawk (also referred to as a mohican) is a hairstyle in which, in the most common variety, both sides of the head are shaven, leaving a strip of noticeably longer hair in the centre.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paradox  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 01:22

I actually think we have a good squad, they're just not performing, either individually or collectively.

We were flying during the cup games before the league season. A couple of heavy defeats have sucked the confidence out of everyone, and there are no leaders in our team to drag us out of this rut.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 06:36

None of the players seemed to be putting much fight in. It appears to me that all is not good between manager & players. Possibly caused by AJ insistence on playing a formation that didn’t suit our players. Most supporters could see it wasn’t working but week after week we had to endure it. Players don’t like playing in positions their not comfortable in. It’s makes them look bad & ultimately gives them a get out of jail card “but that’s not my normal position boss”.
Now that we’re gone back to a 4-4-2 it’s been slightly steadier at the back but the tactics have never changed. Long balls to FEB or whoever is partnering him up front are easily defended by the opposition & our midfield/defenders quickly find themselves under pressure. This is when we’re making silly ill judged passes that are going miss placed.( normally land at the feet of the oppositions striker).

Also far too many pass backs to Robinson as well. If the defenders are under pressure kick it out for a throw. UTD yesterday were happy to get the ball out when required, giving their players time to get organised and into their positions
Maybe Robinson fancies having a go as an outfield player, he could swap with Hippo cause he obviously doesn’t like running round much & ive heard he’s pretty good at diving!😂

I can’t see the football getting any better this season😭 I can’t see us being able to afford or attract better players in the transfer window if we’re still down the bittom of the table😭😭
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 06:48

The available players are much of a muchness around the park. No-one can do anything particularly different. We did have players who could but they have gone - seemingly not wanting to play for AJ. I can't think of many games where his subs or half time talks have ever made a difference. Subs yesterday without warm ups - who does that? Players out of position, long balls to wee guys, etc etc. Play Faisal on the last man - let him harass, he is capable of something special.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 07:28

Quote:

Paradox, Sun 28 Oct 01:22

I actually think we have a good squad, they're just not performing, either individually or collectively.

We were flying during the cup games before the league season. A couple of heavy defeats have sucked the confidence out of everyone, and there are no leaders in our team to drag us out of this rut.

We weren't flying in the cup games, we did however get wins.
We struggled against Peterhead and Stirling at home, a decent performance vs a poor Dundee team and the only good performance was at Brechin when we had a night every shot we hit went in.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 07:30

FEB couldnea harass my 6 year old! He needs a player like Moffet to get the best out of him.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 07:44

He needs a player like Moffat and to be up against posties etc in league 1.

As we have seen over the last few seasons, there is a huge difference between the seaside league and top half championship. Too big a difference for us.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 07:47

Players confidence and morale is low. I'd bring in a sports psychologist to change that. Perhaps an open and frank conversation internally to bottom out any issues if there are any would help. That may help AJ as there is shared responsibility here over the poor performances. Everything can be turned around its just identifying the issues and taking action.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 08:42

It's a very strange situation.

Consider Williamson. Not long ago, he was coming back from two bad injury plagued seasons, playing well enough to have several scouts casting a serious eye over him and being chosen for national honour.

Yesterday, apart from one or two moments, he looked very poor.

Louis Longridge started very decently with us, yesterday he was virtually anonymous.
His brother had possibly his worst game since joining us.

Ashcroft who had been well thought of by many fans, looks under pressure more and more each game.
As does Faissal, who we know to have skill and energy, but is turning into a player that some junior teams wouldn't choose.

Hippolyte contributes so very little.

Andy Ryan, came to us with a goalscoring reputation, but hardly gets a sniff just now.

I could go on, because none of the players are doing well in honesty.

As a team, we can hardly string three passes together, energy levels and urgency lacking, determination mostly absent, leadership none.

Subs come on and have no impact.

We don't seem to know how to come back from losing the first goal, nor how to press home the advantage when we are leading.
The few games we dominate in, we still struggle to close out.

Our tactics are weak and easily countered and we seem unable to change them during a game.

Our reserve team results are disastrous, even lost to Falkirk reserves last week.

It is said by many posters on here that we have a good squad of players who are underachieving.

You could go on, but it is depressing and achieves nothing anyway.

I think the sum conclusion to much of that is that we need change. No team can change most of It's squad, so the more obvious thing to replace is the management team.

We cannot afford it though, so here we are, stuck with what we've got. I seriously hope I'm wrong, but I feel it's going to be a long, hard winter.

I hope the fans can stick with it though, because while none of the foregoing is very encouraging, to lose the fans will be far worse for the club ultimately.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paristotle  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 08:51

Quote:

Agree with this entirely
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 10:01

Need to stretch teams and give the front guys better service and some space. That said they are suffering through lack of confidence.
That's why I couldn't understand why he didnt bring on Keena at half time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paradox  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 10:18

Quote:

the saline hill puma, Sun 28 Oct 07:28

Quote:

We weren't flying in the cup games, we did however get wins.
We struggled against Peterhead and Stirling at home, a decent performance vs a poor Dundee team and the only good performance was at Brechin when we had a night every shot we hit went in.

Ourselves and Ayr were the form teams in the country at that point. That instills belief and confidence, which enables you to get results even if you don't play well.

Ayr have retained that momentum - we haven't, and look at how each team is faring now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 11:28

Six points from Inverness,Alloa and Falkirk are now the bare minimum requirement.

To answer the OP, what will decide everything is the haemorrhage of the Home Support and reduction of Centenary Club subscriptions.

Yesterday the exodus of the Pars support, and the deafening silence at the Home end ,were far more devastating than the profanities being spewed out a week earlier.

I would love to see him turn it around ,but this cannot go on.

Peter Houston,Jim Duffy or John Hughes would have to be approached, not some popular Manager at a little club,not when we have a bigger support than half the Premiership.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 13:46

Totally agree Mach. High hopes from the likes of L Longridge and he looks to be a dud who offers nothing bar a few nice flicks.

Last season we had some money to get playing in, in jan. I’m not sure there’s anything in the kitty this time round, spent a chunk on muirhead who will no doubt play 90 mind on Tuesday despite not being fit enough to get on today.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: