DAFC.net
Home 23 August 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Apathy - board must act now
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 20:00

Sorry another long post for those that choose to read it, and more therapy for me....

Another toothless performance sees another blank scoresheet at home, and yet another defeat. Dundee United were improved from the opening day but still no great shakes - but at least they are playing better than they were.

For me the most alarming thing about today was the whole air of apathy through the whole stadium, warm up thru to final result. Everyone seemed resigned and apathetic. Such a nothingness atmosphere. According to the “reliable source” of Allan Preston in his full time analysis he said 1800 United fans. Crowd announced as 6300. 4500 home fans there today then...(!). Even the season ticket holders are thinking twice about going now.

For the budget we have, and the potential of this club, we require better. The players on show today were not fighting for themselves never mind their manager nor the club. Performances again today throughout were woeful - god help the sponsors picking a MOM although surely at least Vincent won’t receive it again....!

Robinson - watching his modern day goalkeeper video you’d think that he’d bring some of his precise kicking and throws into a match day setting. Today he made a few errors and seems to focus more on barging into opposition players than focusing on his own job.

Williamson - caught out today on a couple of occasions. Needs a Paton or a Higgy in front of him who will help him out.

J Longridge- worst game in a while I thought for him today - error strewn and interestingly despite having his sibling in front of him that didn’t help his cause. More on the sibling later...

Ashcroft - didn’t look comfortable today and has to take responsibility for his teammates all shirking their own areas again today. He’s captain but only in name from what we’re witnessing

Devine - to be fair, would be easy to put the boot into him because of his previous misdemeanours, but he didn’t do anything too noteworthy of ridicule from what I saw through my fingers.

Vincent - I thought I’d have seen Vincent out for Beadling, but to see him start today was a surprise. He headed the ball 5 times today, all
Backwards and losing possession. Far too slow on the ground and got himself losing the ball on the deck far too often.

Beadling - wrong partner in midfield, not 100% match for yet, so judgement being reserved

Craigen - couldn’t get off The Park quick enough today. Shafted by the manager to accommodate Williamson, but then he also displayed some of the less redeeming qualities levelled at him by Falkirk fans, his lack of commitment at times on the park. He’s not a right winger far less a right midfielder. Felt sorry for him but also frustrated.

L Longridge - a cynic would say he is using his groin strain to hide his inadequacy today. Tries to be far too clever, loses possession again more than he retains it. Today he was That bad even his bloody brother didn’t give him the ball.

Hippolyte- hot and cold, off and on, never in a million years a striker. Baffling why we signed him, more baffling is the managers usage of him.

El Bakhtaoui - Dundee has ruined this boy. What a crying shame. A boy alone out there, friendless, frustrated and at war with himself. His petulance leading to foul, goal then booking for mouthing off pretty much sums up his return. I really expected him not to start today to give him a bit of a rest and share the pressure - but no.

Subs
Connolly for Craigen - fair, but AC not good enough for me, doesnt impact the game enough

Ryan for Longridge - My memory of him today is his new nickname - Ryan Offside. All I can remember of his “impact”. ( to be fair I left with 5 mins to go.

Thomson for Vincent - another shadow of a player. QOS fans raved about this guy.

Not much else I can say about today other than a few points of note:-

- United while poor, displayed what we lack in terms of game management and footballing street sense. Delay tactics, getting in front of the ball, kicking ball away, unsettling the opposition. Anything they could do to ruin our flow. We’ve not done that for a long time, almost as if our players don’t care or they’re too nice.

- set plays, our lack of height or even a natural striker is obvious at times. No pushes into goal scoring areas, delivery of set plays woeful

- AJs demeanour today looked that of a man knowing that the end was near, but in not using Keena or Muirhead as his subs, he’s said more in his inaction...

To the board, appreciate that at times you shouldn’t react too quickly and calm heads are needed (as per my previous post), however today is the day where we really need them to display leadership. Either come out and publicly back the manager to at least show the fans and the players you recognise the situation and are demanding improvement, or make the call and get rid. I don’t buy this two year deal so got to pay off, surely a simple business requirement would have a clause to cover poor performance(which by now, this is surely meeting that sentence!)

Either way, in my opinion we need a statement or intent on Monday, or the apathy will take over.

P S. - should any of the players be reading this and get offended, why not prove on the park why I (and so many fans today) are wrong?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Apathy - board must act now
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 20:07

Great post.

I would be surprised if Ross said anything. He probably isn’t sure what to do right now as being new in the job and never had to deal with a situation like this before.

As for the pay off. Who knows but will hit the club hard. Remember it isn’t just AJ that will be paid off.

Post Edited (Sat 27 Oct 20:10)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 20:07

Quickly read this, Ross, as I need to go out, but I wouldn't disagree with much of that.

I'll be on tomorrow with my own thoughts...

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 20:08

Good man Raymie. Respect your posts and thoughts so cheers. 👍

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 20:11

Excellent post.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 20:14

It's funny you mention Robinson in relation to his distribution as I was thinking almost word for word this exact same thing today. If his online training stuff was his show reel you'd think he had world class accuracy (for anyone who hasn't seen it look up "the modern goalkeeper" it's impressive stuff) but in reality it's terrible. He gets on my nerves with his yard stealing too.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 20:15

Look at the Dundee Utd keeper today. Just put the ball down and hoofed it up the park. Prefer that all day than fancy dance kicking
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 20:16

Agree with everything Ross.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 20:21

Good post ! not far off the mark with everything , could have went further with the players ! they really need to stand up and be counted they must know we supporters are passionate about our club and expect more commitment from them on the park and not just to go through the motions
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 20:38

Agree with all of that. Except.. harsh on Faissal regarding the free kick. Was never in a million years a foul to them, was pure frustration with a ridiculous decision which led to the card. Atleast he looks bothered which is more than can he said for certain others.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 20:43

Bamba, I’ve been reticent to criticise the lad at all because I genuinely believe that when he was here last time he was one of those “special” players. But today the foul was correct as he had a fistful of the opponents jersey from what I saw and his reaction and subsequent booking meant he was on a tightrope for rest of the game.

I think you’re right, he really cares. Problem is he’s trying too hard and his manager is hanging him out to dry at the moment by persisting on playing him rather than giving him some out time and letting others share the burden.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parbucks  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 21:20

Excellent post.
This was my first home game of the season and I have only seen them at Borehamwood before today.
Something has to change and soon.
There is seems no urgency or sense of direction on or off the field.
Play in the last third is aimless and set pieces diabolical.

The lack of atmosphere and apathy among fans is obvious.
United were no better than us in general play but they had a cutting edge at finishing that made the difference.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 21:34

Faz brought it on himself trying to skin 2 boys on the edge of his own box. It’s not worked all season why is it suddenly going to work now.

Jackson longridge the only player putting a foot in and actually competes. His brother is nothing short of an empty shirt at the moment. Makes higgy’s ball retention look amazing.

A struggling team is not the place for Williamson, he needs to be carried. Zero awareness for the penalty and his touch caused him more problems than United did.

The enigma that is hippo, goes down pretty much anytime anyone goes near him, that’s a rep that won’t help with refs. Not good enough as a striker not good enough as a winger leads me to summise he’s just not good enough. Got into a good positiom at the edge of united box, looked up saw no1 in the box so put it in anyway. No brains at all.

Can’t argue with the op on his summary. They are all let downs just now but totally agree about Vincent, marks the space rather than the man and can’t pass forwards. His lack of ability is killing us in there. Couldn’t even trap the ball today despite having about 20 goes at it. Connolly looks bang average at best not got the pace to create that yard of space smalller players like McMillan has.

Crying out for quality set piece, everything we’re putting in is just punt and hope.

If the players can’t get the basics right then we’re stuffed.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hamepages  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 21:55

Superb summing up of the situation. Balanced and totally sensible although sadly reflecting why there can only be one outcome as far as AJ and coherts are concerned.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sat 27 Oct 22:32

I think a number of the players are not really good enough unfortunately. They are not playing as a team and that compounds the problem.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 01:02

The only worry I have is that we are only 5 points off the playoffs, and that might be enough to keep him in his job for now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 01:34

Seems everybody wants a sacking but have no clue who to step in.

Keyboard warriors indeed on here.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 01:41

Think that’s a completely unfair summation Adam and you can’t just say “keyboard warriors”. I’ve been at every game this season so far so I know exactly what I’m watching and what I think about it.

Candidates, Danny Lennon. Jim Goodwin. Stewart Petrie. Stevie Crawford.
If you put your mind to it there are plenty.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 02:12

Quote:

rossmcno1, Sun 28 Oct 01:41

Think that’s a completely unfair summation Adam and you can’t just say “keyboard warriors”. I’ve been at every game this season so far so I know exactly what I’m watching and what I think about it.

Candidates, Danny Lennon. Jim Goodwin. Stewart Petrie. Stevie Crawford.
If you put your mind to it there are plenty.

Pretty crass comment from Adam Ant id agree. Easy when you are watching from afar.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 02:15

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WheelKing99  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 02:36

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 06:47

punt him and get stewart petrie in with hamish french as his assistant

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 06:52

I get told I’m negative on this forum. Whatever you want to say the score is simple. Stay in the league and be a mid table team then stick with AJ. Want to try and get promotion, then change. It’s really that simple. AJ has done well in the time he’s served and should be applauded for this. Wish we had Neilson in charge.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 06:58

Not convinced we will stay in this league with AJ - things are deteriorating at a pace
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 07:41

Quote:

1981par, Sun 28 Oct 06:52

I get told I’m negative on this forum. Whatever you want to say the score is simple. Stay in the league and be a mid table team then stick with AJ. Want to try and get promotion, then change. It’s really that simple. AJ has done well in the time he’s served and should be applauded for this. Wish we had Neilson in charge.

That's because you were negative, 1981, but I can see you're trying hard to change and this isn't the easiest of moments to change, give results and performances of late.

I'm not sure it's as cut and dried as you suggest 're AJ. If he does go, the new manager coming in may not be any more successful. He won't have a magic wand or any new players.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 08:14

Not being clever after the event , but many of us have seen this coming for months . Total lack of any sort of back up plans for things going wrong on the park .
Ludicrous substitutions !
Some of us saw through the folly of bringing FEB back to appease the majority of our fans .
Not so many folk slagging off our so .called negativity now .
At last . Too late I think for this season but change might come in time for next .
I'm not sure who to put in charge , but Parrot , you tongue in cheek I assume , even touted myself and another lol
I would even have a bash . I couldn't make much more of an erse of it than has already been done .
Now , when do the pubs open .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 08:31

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 28 Oct 07:41

Quote:

That's because you were negative, 1981, but I can see you're trying hard to change and this isn't the easiest of moments to change, give results and performances of late.

I'm not sure it's as cut and dried as you suggest 're AJ. If he does go, the new manager coming in may not be any more successful. He won't have a magic wand or any new players.

You could say that about every change of manager though to be fair Riva, it doesn't always work out but we can't continue with a fear of change. AJ has had a few years with us now, yet still he makes such naive tactical decisions. He's had in my opinion enough time this season to make things happen.

If you look at league positions, 5 points off of playoffs isn't THAT bad, when you take into consideration how poor we've been, but that shouldn't be used as a smokescreen for him to keep his job. He looks totally out his depth.

Unless we're willing to accept that this season is a dead rubber then we need to make a change, another manager can get more out of this crop of players, and with a little patience and opportunity for him to bring in his own players we could turn things around.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunPar  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 08:50

Looking beyond the manager as the OP heading suggests, do we actually have the right people running the club ? Is our model the right one ?

In simple terms, in Scottish Football, a club should be in a relatively similar position in the league as their attendances (as income and hence player buying power is now, almost, fully related to gate money since we dont have many people ploughing their personal millions into non OF clubs and sponsorship money isn’t massive), hence we should be 6-8th in the top league ? We’re not. Why not ? The board appointed AJ. He’s had his chance - we need better. We must be able to attract better.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 09:07

Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe done
Date: Sun 28 Oct 01:34

Seems everybody wants a sacking but have no clue who to step in.

Keyboard warriors indeed on here.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere

Aye ok keyboard warrior............
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 09:21

I don't know about our football model and certainly won't criticise it.

What I would say, is that we are far from alone in being a club who were in administration and into cvas, to avoid liquidation and not all are run the same way as us.

I do find it frustrating like DunPar above that our loyal and decent sized regular support is not helping us to a better position.
I reckon, without any sense of entitlement, that we should be in the top ten in Scotland.
Take out Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and sometimes the two Dundee teams and we regularly attract bigger crowds than the others.

And before I get accused of forgetting where we have come from, I am well aware, but right now, I'm equally concerned with where we are going.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 09:29

We are fortunate Falkirk are so bad.
We will be fortunate not to be in the relegation playoffs, we are rotten
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 09:55

I hope that we will win our next 2 games however I can see us getting beat heavily up in Inverness and either a draw or a narrow defeat at Alloa. Will the board take action if we collect 0 or 1 point?

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 10:20

Quote:

Berry, Sun 28 Oct 08:31

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 28 Oct 07:41

Quote:

You could say that about every change of manager though to be fair Riva, it doesn't always work out but we can't continue with a fear of change. AJ has had a few years with us now, yet still he makes such naive tactical decisions. He's had in my opinion enough time this season to make things happen.

If you look at league positions, 5 points off of playoffs isn't THAT bad, when you take into consideration how poor we've been, but that shouldn't be used as a smokescreen for him to keep his job. He looks totally out his depth.

Unless we're willing to accept that this season is a dead rubber then we need to make a change, another manager can get more out of this crop of players, and with a little patience and opportunity for him to bring in his own players we could turn things around.

I wasn't trying to suggest we shouldn't even consider replacing AJ - just flagging up the possibility that it won't automatically guarantee an upturn in the team's fortunes. The fact that there don't appear to be any outstanding managers we can afford in Scotland, makes me think we should give AJ a bit more time to try and turn things around. Christmas would be a good time to take stock, imo, but I understand those who demand change now.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paradox  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 10:30

Quote:

DunPar, Sun 28 Oct 08:50

Looking beyond the manager as the OP heading suggests, do we actually have the right people running the club ? Is our model the right one ?

In simple terms, in Scottish Football, a club should be in a relatively similar position in the league as their attendances (as income and hence player buying power is now, almost, fully related to gate money since we dont have many people ploughing their personal millions into non OF clubs and sponsorship money isn’t massive), hence we should be 6-8th in the top league ? We’re not. Why not ? The board appointed AJ. He’s had his chance - we need better. We must be able to attract better.

The model that we have was set up to protect the Club, make it sustainable, and prevent a similar situation happening again.

Despite people continually banging on about the size of our budget, most seem to forget that we are run almost like a charity these days. Every penny is a prisoner, and we still rely largely on volunteers for the day-to-day running of the Club.

Are the right people in charge? Absolutely yes IMO. I doubt if you could meet a more dedicated Board of Directors, who all work for free AFAIK. But they are all managing the Club in a very prudent manner.

They have admitted that running a football club is different to any other business, and it's a steep learning curve for them.

Absolutely no guarantee that the size of your crowd translates into success on the pitch, otherwise we'd be a Premiership team every season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 10:39

Having bigger crowds doesn't make it easy to compete against clubs which have bigger budgets because of financial benefactors and parachute payments. It's very difficult to break into the elite of Scottish football. Livi managed it but I'm not sure how they are financed.

If success was simply linked to crowd size clubs like Aston Villa, Leeds and the Sheffield teams would never be out of the English Premiership.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 11:01

When I was a kid, the team that Pars fans viewed as most similar to ours was Kilmarnock - a provincial side with a similar fan base, similar stadium, and a relatively similar history in terms of success.

In the 50 years since, Killie have been far more successful, but I would still view them as the model we could and should emulate. In other words, we ought to have a target of being a mid-table premier side.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 11:11

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 11:21

''I wasn't trying to suggest we shouldn't even consider replacing AJ - just flagging up the possibility that it won't automatically guarantee an upturn in the team's fortunes.''

That's the dilemma, GG Riva. I bet most St Mirren, Dundee, Falkirk and Partick Thistle fans were glad to see the back of Stubbs, McCann, Hartley and Archibald respectively but I wonder how they're feeling now. The days when teams seemed to get an immediate 'bounce' from appointing a new manager appear to have gone, possibly because the existence of the transfer windows now means a new manager is limited in his ability to bring in new players immediately and has to work with what he has inherited.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 11:36

Agree with that Ozpar.

I am not suggesting that our club is being run in anything other than a financially responsible way, but there are other clubs which have been in Admin which are run differently.

Kilmarnock has a bigger ground than us and surely similar, if not greater running costs.

My comment about us potentially being a top ten club is indeed based on our crowd size and loyal support.
If we have no debt, lots of unpaid volunteers and decent income stream, there must come a turning point surely.

The no brainer is getting into the top league, because many teams with poorer support than us, seem to do or have done well.
Hamilton, Partick, ICT, Ross County, St. Mirren, St. Johnstone, Livingston to name a few.

We can't seem to develop players to earn a transfer fee, we scrabble around in the transfer market picking up loan players, we don't spend a lot on buying in players, and obviously we have no very rich benefactors.

So, to begin to compete with those clubs mentioned, we have to be in the top league.
IMO, that should be our goal today and tomorrow, not some unspecified time in the future. If we fail, we go again with the same goal seriously tried for, without accepting the standards of play that we are suffering now.

Or, we can just accept that we are lucky to have a team and wait and wait.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 12:02

I'm sure the Board have stated their goal is to get into the top league and I believe St Johnstone has been cited as an example of a club we should try to to emulate.

As ever with your posts, mach1, you offer absolutely no ideas as to how we go about achieving this goal - apart from sacking the current manager presumably. You seem to think it should be achievable simply because we are a relatively 'big' club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 12:23

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 12:55

We need an identity/style of the way we play-wouldn't have any way of describing how we play at the moment.

We need a clear go to formation(whilst having the ability to be flexible as games develop)

We need a settled spine of the team-nobody knows the best team and we've played a third of our home games already.We need more 'captains' who can get the fans onside with attitude and work rate alone and push on their team mates. In the long term some local players that the fans can identify with would help but not a necessity.

Judging by some of the signings we need to improve our scouting network and due diligence.We never seem to have a balanced squad and always seem to be weak in one area at least,that generally the fans seem to identify before anybody else.

We still aren't seeing enough youth players make the grade for whatever reason.Look at some of the funds other Scottish clubs have generated from moving players on.

We need a manager who as well as managerial ability is good at PR and can get the fans onside(See Robbie Neilson-already put 1000 fans onto their away gate)Football is a lot easier when everyone is pulling in the same direction.I thank AJ for his contribution but don't see what attributes he is especially good at that will take the club forward? He doesn't strike me as a motivator, doesn't change games when we are down, the fans don't relate to him,seems to assemble lop-sided squads and has square pegs in round holes.Some of his signings have been poor and he has an unwillingness to change his ways.

I always supported AJ but ironically started to lose the faith when we beat Partick and nothing since has changed my mind. Worryingly there seems to be a lack of urgency from some players. No pressing from the front and giving opposition defences an easy time of it. I can forgive defeats but 100% effort is a prerequisite.

You can't expect to improve all of these factors overnight but the reality is that with improvement in one or two areas we can challenge to get out of this league and possibly even still this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 13:41

Wee eck posted this.

"Date: Sun 28 Oct 12:02

I'm sure the Board have stated their goal is to get into the top league and I believe St Johnstone has been cited as an example of a club we should try to to emulate.

As ever with your posts, mach1, you offer absolutely no ideas as to how we go about achieving this goal - apart from sacking the current manager presumably. You seem to think it should be achievable simply because we are a relatively 'big' club."

Let's just get a few facts sorted out.

Firstly I have never asked for AJ to be sacked.

Secondly, I have in the past made a few suggestions, such as working on different things in training, so that we can perform better in games.
I've suggested some fund raising ideas which were deemed by a poster to be impractical.
I have proposed trying to do more to increase revenue by utilising our facilities for public events. Also discounted by some.
I have proposed extra training after bad results and performances to try to impress on the players that they need to contribute more.

So I have made a few suggestions, which you and others may well disagree with, but that is always the case.

Other than that I expect those with executive positions at the club to do more as part of their role, to challenge the acceptance of what is becoming normal, to try to lift the club.

Thirdly, I do not expect us to get promotion just because we are a relatively big club and nowhere have I stated anything like that.

I suggest you get your facts sorted out before allowing your almost instant dislike of almost anything I post to overtake the thinking part of your brain.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 13:55

''I suggest you get your facts sorted out before allowing your almost instant dislike of almost anything I post to overtake the thinking part of your brain.''

For someone who constantly tells fellow-posters not to insult people who have different opinions, that's pretty rich. I'm sure we've agreed on quite a few things on here.

You may not have asked for AJ to be sacked but you certainly haven't been supportive of him. With regards your suggestions, I'd be very surprised if any of them hadn't been put into practice, or at least considered, already.

You do appreciate that the directors, and a few other key people at the club, give their services voluntarily?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 14:26

I know they are volunteers, in fact I have said that in another post and all thanks and credit to them. I know some who are paid quite well also.

I make no disguise of not being supportive of AJ, mostly in recent weeks, but my criticism of his ability is positively mild compared to other posters and also the many fans I talk to off forum. You don't seem to have a pop at them for some reason.
There are also a some who stand up for him, good for them.

As for my suggestions, I would imagine some have been considered already. I would hope so.

That is different from what you posted i.e.

"As ever with your posts, mach1, you offer absolutely no ideas as to how we go about achieving this goal - apart from sacking the current manager presumably."

Sorry if you felt insulted, but I do defend myself against statements made which are patently wrong.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WheelKing99  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 14:37

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 14:42

I don't see the point in suggesting stuff that's already been done or considered. That's not going to improve anything. Take your own advice and stop the insults.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 15:03

Wee eck as per normal bringing absolutely nothing to the table apart from snide comments and cheap shots

Have a day off wee man you are embarrassing yourself yet again

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 15:24

Where are the snide comments and cheap shots? If someone tells me to engage the thinking part of my brain I consider that a 'cheap shot'. In my experience when folk start throwing insults about it usually means they've lost the argument.

If we followed WheelKing's advice and only posted criticism without any suggestions to improve things it would be a pretty dull forum but surely we can do it in a civilised manner.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 15:37

You've lost eck just give it up.

If you think I insulted you, you must be very sensitive, but then insultingng my opinions, even if they have been suggested before is neither intelligent, nor helpful.

If you remember, I responded because you wrote

"As ever with your posts, mach1, you offer absolutely no ideas as to how we go about achieving this goal - apart from sacking the current manager"

If you believe that, it makes no sense to say

" I don't see the point in suggesting stuff that's already been done or considered."

So I have made suggestions.

But hey ho, you just dad on.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 15:43

I don't think telling me to engage my brain was meant as a compliment, was it? If you don't suggest anything that hasn't been tried already you're suggesting nothing.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 15:53

Just keep digging eck.

You make up stuff and if I show it to be wrong, you try a different tack.

Whether a suggestion has been made a hundred times is irrelevant, if I suggest something similar.

That is clearly not suggesting nothing, and maybe I am unaware of all the proposals that have been put forward.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 16:09

Why don't you put them forward to the board if you really think they can improve things? You could also write to Nicola Sturgeon suggesting a new road bridge be built over the Forth because the FRB isn't fit for purpose.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 16:28

I have in the past spoken to people at our club with thoughts for change.

Not just in this era either. At least at those times I had a reasonable discussion, even though most of the things were already in their thoughts.

And believe it or not I wrote to Gordon Brown many years ago and one thing was about congestion crossing the Forth, by road and rail.

He replied saying that a guy called wee eck had already made suggestions, so don't come here with nothing of value to offer.

Julius Caesar was the same when I said that yon wall will never keep the Saxons out after you and your legions have gone.

Anyway, I'm stopping this silly discussion now as other forum users must be thinking wtf.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 16:33

Wtf !!

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 16:36

Quote:

DunPar, Sun 28 Oct 08:50

Maybe because most clubs have substantial yearly investment from owners and directors. Ross County have had 1.2 million in there accounts for directors loans this season. Dundee Utd have had external investment from an American ex pat supporter to the tune of £750k

Fairly clear why we’re down the food chain
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: