DAFC.net
Home 21 October 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 BBC Stats
Topic Originator: Murphy  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 07:26

Possession 41% - 59%
Shots 10 - 6
On Target 3 - 2
Corners 6 - 5

Quite surprised by some of these, if they are correct. it kind of tells a similar story which is being repeated week in week out. Notably misfiring strikers and not being able to capitalise on corners.
In the current squad I don't believe we have anyone capable of swinging in a decent corner or free kick, and more to the point don't appear to have anyone who can time a run and attack the ball. Geggan was the last player we had that could do that with any regularity.
This has been going for weeks now and you just wonder if it is even getting worked on in training. Watching the subs come on yesterday without even a few runs up the line leads me to think that the management team are incapable of even coaching the basics.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: BBC Stats
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 07:30

Only one stat matters
0-2

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 07:39

Been saying for ages, to be effective in set pieces both attacking and defence you need 1 of 2 things. Giants who attack the ball or good quality delivery to give smaller players a chance.

We have neither. United were a threat from every set piece and the smallest player on the park (til our midget came in) scored a header from a set piece!

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 07:39

UTD didn’t need to get out of 1st gear yesterday. To beat the Pars this season all you need to do is clear a couple of long balls, hold possession & wait till we gift wrap the ball in paper, stick a ribbon on it & pass it directly to the opposition striker & say go yersel mate! 🤢🤧sick of it!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 07:42

Don’t get hung up on stats, particularly the corner one, you get a goal from a corner every 42 corners and average about 5 corners a game.

Nothing between the two teams except for two things,giving away cheap goals and the lack of goals (just 2goals in 6 home league games is deplorable).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 08:53

"Only one stat matters, 0-2"

.........and the league table - the newly promoted part timers have a better negative goal difference.

"Dunfermline Athletic Nil" is becoming too familiar on the results roundup.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 09:59

We could get 100 corners and still not score from any. In my opinion we don't practice at training or none of the players have the power to hit a decent cross.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Murphy  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 10:11

"Don’t get hung up on stats, particularly the corner one, you get a goal from a corner every 42 corners and average about 5 corners a game".

The irony of that statement isn't lost on me, hope it's not lost on you.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WheelKing99  
Date:   Mon 29 Oct 01:12

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: