DAFC.net
Home 23 August 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 DUFC V PARS 4/8/18
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 11:39

I have just watched the highlights of this match to let me see how we can play, and the energy/play within our team is simply superb. That goes for the Hearts game when we played them off the pitch. So what has changed? I honestly thought here we go with a terrific squad for the new season, therefore, you just cannot go from that form to what we have been watching recently without something being not right. Wish I knew.

Post Edited (Sun 28 Oct 11:54)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: DUFC V PARS 4/8/18
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 11:49

Like you steaua, I find it baffling as well.

After the Hearts game I genuinely believed we could win the Championship, not just get into playoffs, but my optimism has been crushed.

If we were even playing well and losing I wouldn't be so down about it.

It merits a special meeting imo, with no big fanfare, but just the Board and the management sitting together for an honest assessment of what is going on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SAP PAR  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 11:50

I think we are starting to see the effects of Potter leaving.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 11:52

Maybe. It's one possibility, but can't be the only issue.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 12:00

If you really look at our squad how many would get in a Championship X1?-none I would suggest. Even at Tannadice I thought we were poor first half. We did okay against Hearts but didn't score in that game either.Every other team has a talisman or a goalscorer. I don't think we have an outstanding player in any area and are average throughout.In saying all that it's pretty clear the manager isn't getting the best of what he does have at his disposal.

Post Edited (Sun 28 Oct 12:18)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 12:02

Like Steaua and Mach 1, I thought we were in for a great season after the superb Hearts performance.

You can add our wins over Dundee and Dundee Utd.

All of which makes the last three insipid Home League games inexplicable.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 12:10

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 12:32

Quote:

steaua, Sun 28 Oct 11:39

I have just watched the highlights of this match to let me see how we can play, and the energy/play within our team is simply superb. That goes for the Hearts game when we played them off the pitch. So what has changed? I honestly thought here we go with a terrific squad for the new season, therefore, you just cannot go from that form to what we have been watching recently without something being not right. Wish I knew.

Bonus problems maybe, or simply the confidence has completely gone. I think its just the latter. I think they changed the system back too quickly. Were still making silly mistakes at the back. By changing we've lost our width.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 13:18

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: