DAFC.net
Home 14 November 2018 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Highlights
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 19:06

Just watched the highlights. As I thought Faissal should have just booted the ball away for the first goal instead of trying his tricks as always. He cost the team. . Robinson no chance with both goals. Andy Ryan best chance of game for Pars last minute.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Highlights
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 21:36

Good to see some non existent defending from Williamson again, letting the smallest player on the pitch beat him to a header and diving in like that for the penalty, shows why he’s no been playing
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 21:42

Ironic that the guy interviewing Johnston made a point of saying it was good to see Williamson back. No.. it wasn’t. Schoolboy defending as always from him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Sun 28 Oct 22:05

As Per probably still in Zo's drinking Cristal and Grey Goose by the bottle last night!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: polski par  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 13:45

williamson wasn't at fault for the first goal because the cross landed plum on the attackers head.the only way to stop that would have been on the other side of him between the cross and the attacker .maybe there should have been an extra body in front of the attacker.
the penalty he gave away if you watch closely he was ready to clear it and at the last second ashcroft poked the ball and threw williamson off.
i'm sorry i know ashcroft is meant to be the captain but i think he is being very hard on williamson and is destroying any confidence the lad has.
i didn't see ashcroft get torn into jackson longridge for the hash he made for the second goal.
i didn't see anyone getting torn into ashcroft for making a hash of the 2 chances he had inside the box.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LesliePar  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 14:11

This^ As always Ryan is the scapegoat. Absolute commical defending from Jackson Longridge and Ashy on Saturday but Ryan gets all the criticism, those who say he's not championship standard etc etc have absolutely zero knowledge of the game.

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 14:11

Quote:

parsfan97, Sun 28 Oct 21:36

Good to see some non existent defending from Williamson again, letting the smallest player on the pitch beat him to a header and diving in like that for the penalty, shows why he’s no been playing

And there was me thinking that he hadn't been playing because he got injured while on international duty with Scotland. Once he was fit, he found Craigen was doing well in his place, so the manager stuck with the same back four.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 14:48

Craigan, a right midfielder is currently much better defensively than Williamson.

A more naïve player I've yet to see. Rapidly approaching 100 games for us in 6 seasons and every game looks like his debut as a raw 17 year old.

Maybe try Williamson at right midfield tonight? Longridge hasn't done anything this season and it could turn out he's better there?

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!

Post Edited (Tue 30 Oct 15:03)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 15:33

Berkey, your views on Williamson are too well known on this forum -- you spout the same old dross. Polski's points are all valid.

Last time Ryan got stick for what was viewed as a poor game in his first game back in the lineup, he went out and played a blinder in the next game, which is the perfect way for a player to respond.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 15:34

I agree with Berkey. On Saturday I thought that Craigen would be the fullback with Williamson playing in front of him. Surely tonight we have to do this as Williamson looks like the only player that can run forward with the ball.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WheelKing99  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 15:36

Jackson Longridge is utterly humpty. We should have just kept Talbot if we needed a player to needlessly shell it up the park.

Form is temporary, Class is permanent
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LesliePar  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 15:45

Berkey you literally only post when things are going badly, you claim Ryan is hopeless defensively. It's no surprise that when he played a blinder both going forward and defensively against hearts (a team at the time flying in the premiership having just beat Celtic) that you were nowhere to be seen on the forum. He was also ever present in the defence last season which conceded the least amount of goals in the league. You're lack of knowledge of the professional game is utterly baffling, which is some feat considering the stuff posted on here daily.

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 15:49

"Craigan, a right midfielder is currently much better defensively than Williamson."

Similarly with Geggan couple of years back

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 17:08

I dont think ashcroft is captain matetial .But who is in our current starting 11 .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 17:13

"williamson wasn't at fault for the first goal because the cross landed plum on the attackers head.the only way to stop that would have been on the other side of him between the cross and the attacker "

That's exactly where his starting position should have been.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 17:20

Quote:

polski par, Tue 30 Oct 13:45

williamson wasn't at fault for the first goal because the cross landed plum on the attackers head.the only way to stop that would have been on the other side of him between the cross and the attacker .maybe there should have been an extra body in front of the attacker.

Surely not serious? Williamson is about 8 inches taller than mcmullan.. if 100 balls are swung into the box towards mcmullan, Williamson should be winning every single one. He was dreaming and mcmullan got infront of him, he didn’t even have to jump because there was no pressure on him whatsoever. He’s never a right back, he can’t tackle, is woeful in the air and positionally he is all over the place to the point where numerous centre halfs have to talk him through the game.. often pointing and telling him exactly where to stand. He’s not completely hopeless. He’d be much more effective as a right winger I think, he is very good and getting to the by line, and his crossing has improved drastically over the last 2 seasons.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KilsythPar  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 18:55

Wheel King. Your comments relevant Jackson Longridge are ridiculous. You may not have noticed that he was the sponsors MOM on Saturday and rightly so in my opinion. Wonder who your MOM was? For me he has been our best and most consistent player this season. I wonder who yours is.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 19:03

If you keep reading his posts you’ll realise he doesn’t see things the way most folks do.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 19:34

Jackson is a quality left back, he just doesn’t have any options going forward as we’ve no wingers at the club and no Midfeilders running forward to help create space. He attacks its in the air, strong and physical in the challenge and always makes sure in his first challenge he lets the wingers know he’s there. Pretty much the opposite of Ryan.

It’s the same folk defending Williamson on here. Yes he’s capable of having a good game here and there but his default performance is not good defensively. People really underestimate how good Morris was, he got Ryan through last season using his pace to cover and using his reading of the game to marshal him. It also appears he can’t play without higgy helping him out. He needs carried.

Folk defending Ryan after McMillans goal on sat need to have a think about what they expect from a professional footballer and in particular a defender.

Again i’ll say it, a more naive footballer you won’t see.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!

Post Edited (Tue 30 Oct 19:40)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 19:49

Jackson Longridge was just as culpable at the second goal.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: