DAFC.net
Home 22 November 2018 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Talk with your feet!
Topic Originator: Parnear  
Date:   Mon 29 Oct 22:05

Need I say more.
Good money for nothing. I won’t be back until BOD do something to change things.

Bail out
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Talk with your feet!
Topic Originator: AlfonzoBonzo  
Date:   Mon 29 Oct 22:10

You go girl

Show us yer....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parnear  
Date:   Mon 29 Oct 22:13

How constructive ...

Bail out
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Superally  
Date:   Mon 29 Oct 22:31

^^^^Will be missed^^^^ ha ha

2009/10, 2010/11, 2013/14, 2015/16 dafc.net Prediction League Champion

It's a well known medical fact that some men were born two drams below par.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Mon 29 Oct 23:30

The expression is “Vote with your feet”
Or
“Talk out your @rse”

Might I suggest the latter more suits your attempted quote

2015/16 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 00:03

Unfortunately Parnear, the majority of the average home support backed the club at the start of the season by buying a season ticket. Many in addition pay an extra £20/month (£240/ year) as a lifeline to keep our club afloat. We do this because while short term success is nice, we desperately want to ensure our club is around for years to come and for future generations to enjoy.

Feel free to dip in and out of supporting the team, with the option of simply not going along and paying your £18. In the meantime, over 3000 season ticket holders and multiple other regulars will continue to attend on the basis we've already paid for the privilege.

For the record, I think it's time for AJ to go too. However I refuse to deliberately harm the very club we fought to save through a petulant need to get my own way immediately.

I trust the board to make the right decision - not just based on the results on the pitch - but also the financial stability of the club.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 00:10

Well said Roger.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 00:15

Excellent post Roger

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 00:54

Good reply, RD

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 03:06

Ooft cracker Roger. Well said.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 05:56

Perhaps the people who volunteer should withdraw their labour?

Or those who do fundraising should stop?

Maybe all of the people who contribute to the various groups in the clubs should resign?

The peoole who go to hospitality should not attend?

You would soon get rid of the manager, the only problem is that you would get rid of the rest of the club as well

Success is not guaranteed at a football club, we are all concerned about the current state of affairs and the teams poor form. Knee jerk reactions are not the way to demonstrate your feelings

Everyone wants an upturn in form whether it be with or without the current manager in place. By all means show your disgust after a game has ended but non attending is the last thing to do

The BOD will have budgets set for the season, budgets which will be tight with some provision made to strengthen the team come the transfer window, if the budget is not adhered to then there will be no funds available to whoever is in the hot seat and a possible downward spiral can ensue

Every single Pars fan helped in some way when the club was faced with extinction, many, many people choose to continue to do so, Non attending can see all that work collapse or see the team drop down the leagues or become a part time outfit in a small stadium with one stand

Being a Pars fan is one thing, you don’t need to attend games to be a Pars fan

Being a Pars supporter is a different thing, they support the club through thick and thin, supporting a club means backing financially, attending games, going to hospitality, having a few beers in the club bars, buying a 50-50 ticket or a pie at half time, a programme, taking a junior fan along hoping he/she get the bug and becoming a supporter for life therefore ensuring the club has a fan base in the future
Being a supporter means going into the club shop and doing a bit of Christmas shopping, dropping in to see Marvyn and her team who continue to give their time and drip feed funds into the club, paying your centenary club membership

Being a Pars supporter means you back the club when times get tough and results are not going how you want them to

Allow our board to do the right thing, to make the correct call when required

Are you a Pars fan or a Pars supporter?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 06:01

Aye, form is temporary and something we have very little influence over. The clubs survival is permanent and something we have the biggest influence over.

I want a change too but you have to look at the bigger picture. I can't really muster any enthusiasm at the moment but also know that when we became a fan owned club, we took on a greater responsibility than fans of most other clubs.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 06:05

A fantastic post from RD, and this part probably speaks for the majority of our supporters

<<<<<I refuse to deliberately harm the very club we fought to save through a petulant need to get my own way immediately.

I trust the board to make the right decision - not just based on the results on the pitch - but also the financial stability of the club>>>>>

When the BOD rallied the fans to help save our club, we all did so knowing we’d have to stick together through “thick and thin” to ensure the future of DAFC.
Withholding money from the club can only be counterproductive.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 06:10

Another two fantastic posts from, 1970 and SN above.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 06:41

Yes, excellent replies from Roger, 1970 and SN to a rather simplistic, ill-conceived OP.

Kenny especially, who must have got up about 3 am to type out such a coherent, articulate and well constructed post, while still half asleep - takes some doing.

I doff my hat, Sir............. :-)

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 06:48

Daltrey nails it.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 06:52

Insomnia rules
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Murphy  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 06:54

Well said guys.

Sorry to disappoint but my toys are staying in the pram.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 06:57

I agree with the OP

However I will continue to go to games and be a Pars Supporter

Support the team throughout the game and should you choose to vent your feelings at the end

Vote with your feet though, make tracks to East End Park through thick and thin

Are you a Pars fan or a Pars supporter?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: preston par  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 08:17

What an absolute roaster. Sometimes wonder if these people realise how close we were to not having a club at all. Not going to the games is the worst thing we could do for the club right now! Happy or not, The Pars are our team and we need to get behind them. Doesn't mean we have to like the manager or his team selection/tactics. But withdrawing our support and not going is just absolute pettiness.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 08:24

For me, this thread sums up perfectly what supporting the Pars is all about.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 08:55

Cracking posts RD 1970 & SN
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hail2Crail  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 09:14

This thread seems to have turned into a congratulating people on excellent posts one. Get a room and pump each other.

Admin can we get a new subsection page created for this?

Excellent post by the way. Wanna get a room?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 09:22

Quote:

Hail2Crail, Tue 30 Oct 09:14

This thread seems to have turned into a congratulating people on excellent posts one. Get a room and pump each other.

Admin can we get a new subsection page created for this?

Excellent post by the way. Wanna get a room?

Only if we can get another room for all the roasters hoaching all over this forum. It'll need to be quite spacious. 😃

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GEW35  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 09:24

I agree with all that Roger said.
I too am well scunnered with performances just now however, like so many, I have a season ticket (& pay extra for a plaque), pay into the Lifeline (to try to ensure the club is here for my grandchildren), buy 50/50 tickets, buy fundraising items from 1970 Par, paid up member of the disabled supporters club (though I’m not disabled but I’m trying to help their funds). I can’t attend every home game due to other commitments but buy a season to give the club vital funds in the summer (I know not everyone can do this). I’m far from alone - most fans do everything they can to help their club.
As for voting with my feet - I fully realise this post was perhaps a deliberate fishing attempt and yes, I’ve bitten but honestly, have a bit of a thought to yourself!!
Other teams look on with envy at the level of our support and fundraising, you only have to look along the road at the Rovers to see how hard it is with a poor stadium, hardly any fans and very little funds. This is but a blip, we’ve had many over the years but we’ll be on the up again soon hopefully- you’ve been around long enough surely to know this!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 09:32

Some sensible posts at last!

From a season ticket holder and lifeline member 😎
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 10:24

There's an argument to be made that long term Dunfermline as a football club could be helped by non attendance, prompting the dumping of our manager, the appointment of a successful one who could then take the club forward. Ultimately what normally brings about a change in management is non attendance, when the BoD realises that the current management team is counter productive not just in terms of us moving forward, but financially that's usually when the penny drops.

I'll still go to games when my work aligns but I can 100% see what the OP was getting at.

The collective circle jerking in the posts that followed were pretty nauseating. If you genuinely believe the OP was wanting to put the club out of business you need to take your head for a wobble.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 10:34

Topic Originator: Grant like | nolike - 1
Date: Tue 30 Oct 10:24

There's an argument to be made that long term Dunfermline as a football club could be helped by non attendance, prompting the dumping of our manager, the appointment of a successful one who could then take the club forward. Ultimately what normally brings about a change in management is non attendance, when the BoD realises that the current management team is counter productive not just in terms of us moving forward, but financially that's usually when the penny drops.

I'll still go to games when my work aligns but I can 100% see what the OP was getting at.

The collective circle jerking in the posts that followed were pretty nauseating. If you genuinely believe the OP was wanting to put the club out of business you need to take your head for a wobble
——-

Utter urine and a pi$$ poor argument. Why would we want to starve the club of money if we want them to pay off a manager? Surely that’s counterproductive?

Post Edited (Tue 30 Oct 10:36)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 11:00

Quote:

Grant, Tue 30 Oct 10:24

The collective circle jerking in the posts that followed were pretty nauseating. If you genuinely believe the OP was wanting to put the club out of business you need to take your head for a wobble.

Grant, with the greatest respect, the assertion that the BoD needs fans to stay away to realise that results and performances are unsatisfactory, is more than a tad insulting. Do you think they're not smart enough to see that for themselves?

The difference between the BoD and the average fan is that they will examine all the many pros and cons of changing the manager, while fans tend to make hasty judgements, often based on as little as a single performance and without looking at the bigger picture or knowing all the facts associated with such a potential decision.

I've posted tnis before and make no apology for posting it again. Jimmy Calderwood was given a new, extended contract by John Yorkston just after the Pars had lost 8 (yes, eight) SPL matches in a row. I remember thinking Yorkie must have flipped. Incredibly, the Pars went on an unbeaten run over the next 7 or 8 games. Go figure.

Good and poor runs are quite commonplace in football. Look back no further than last season for confirmation. The Pars started really well, followed by a spell when they couldn't buy a win and finishing with a long, unbeaten run - all with the same manager.

With regard to the OP, I don't believe for a minute he/she wants the Pars to go out of business, but by posting that, he/she left him/her self open to such a charge.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 12:21

If they were smart enough too see it for themselves GG then they certainly wouldn't have given him an extended two year contract in the summer. It's visible, and pretty obvious to anyone that AJ isn't going to get us out this division, at the very best you could argue that he has achieved the very bare minimum each season while with us, to then award him with a two year contract was utterly mental. At best it should have been a one year contract, at best.

Part of them looking at the bigger picture will be perhaps waying up whether we can afford to come to a settlement on such a large contract, fans are obviously not privy to such information but then it doesn't mean they will meekly accept that, and continue to throw away the best part of £20 every fortnight. It's obviously lost to a few posters on here but we are a football club, it's a very expensive hobby and if fans don't think we're likely to win then less will turn up.

The OP didn't leave himself open to such a charge, a few posters got very excited to jump on their high horse to receive some online plaudits and continued to post the same in order to do so. Cringe worthy.

Post Edited (Tue 30 Oct 12:25)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swifty  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 12:59

We are not aware of the content of the 2 year contract. Perhaps the BOD have included some performance indicators such as must finish in top 4 season 1 or must secure a minimum of X points by 31December 2018. Probably not but why football managers are paid hefty settlements for failure has always annoyed me!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 13:17

Quote:

Grant, Tue 30 Oct 12:21

If they were smart enough too see it for themselves GG then they certainly wouldn't have given him an extended two year contract in the summer. It's visible, and pretty obvious to anyone that AJ isn't going to get us out this division, at the very best you could argue that he has achieved the very bare minimum each season while with us, to then award him with a two year contract was utterly mental. At best it should have been a one year contract, at best.

Part of them looking at the bigger picture will be perhaps waying up whether we can afford to come to a settlement on such a large contract, fans are obviously not privy to such information but then it doesn't mean they will meekly accept that, and continue to throw away the best part of £20 every fortnight. It's obviously lost to a few posters on here but we are a football club, it's a very expensive hobby and if fans don't think we're likely to win then less will turn up.

The OP didn't leave himself open to such a charge, a few posters got very excited to jump on their high horse to receive some online plaudits and continued to post the same in order to do so. Cringe worthy.

Point out one advantage of staying away that will help DAFC short term or long term. If the manager goes it costs money, not just to pay him off, but also a budget for the new manager and if fans stay away it also costs the club. Better to try and turn things round at the moment and reassess at the end of the season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FergPar  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 13:22

"Better to try and turn things round at the moment and reassess at the end of the season."

You happy finishing 8th this season?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 13:45

There's no way he will last to the end of November, never mind end of the season if this form continues.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 13:53

Ultimately paying off the manager may not cost the club as much as you think.I’d predict an uplift in crowd numbers with a new man coming in and offering new hope.the extra cash this would generate should go along way to off set AJs termination.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-ticular  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 14:01

I dont post as a rule, but there's a lot of talk here about nearly losing your team. Has anyone out there lost 'Their team'? I have. As a young boy I followed Third Lanark. I remember I had to be moved aside at Cathkin to let Davie Wilson (Rangers) take a corner kick the crowd was so big we were sitting along the touchline. The crowd tore the gates off getting out.I Watched a team with a forward line that scored 100 goals in a season destroyed. Huge crowds successful football team (yes I know criminal management - the point is the team is no more)
My links with the Pars began when I stood on the terracing at Hampden and watched when they won the cup in 1960. My first away game with Third L. was at East End. When I came to live here in early 60's I went with my mates to EEP most weeks and was thrilled to watch the European matches. It seemed right therefore that I should support the Pars when the HiHi died. My family now are all big Pars fans. I've sat through some dreadful management teams often wondered how they were deemed managers. But they passed. We've been here before.
The important thing is to have a team.Think what you would do if you didnt.
So I would say think seriously before you withdraw any financial support from the club, its a fragile thing.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 14:08

Quote:

Grant, Tue 30 Oct 12:21

I bet AJ would get us out of this division if we had Ross County's resources, Grant. A number of posters appear convinced we have a stronger squad this season, but I don't think we've adequately replaced the likes of Callum Morris and Nicky Clark. We've also been unlucky to have had Tom Beadling and Lewis Martin out injured for so long.

There's no doubt crowds drop when results and performances are poor and that will be central to the BoD' s thinking. There's no way they'll have to pay AJ the whole whack, if the Pars do decide to dispense with his services. Trust me, the Chairman is nobody's fool.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one, Grant. It's all about interpretation and unless any poster takes a great deal of care over what they post, folk reading it may not get what the poster intended - not that any of us are inside his/her head, so we're all just speculating.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 14:48

I'll be at East end on my feet,no matter what.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 15:21

With County being in this division GG I'll have absolutely no complaints about finishing behind them, as long as they're adequately managed, which they do appear to be, they'll have a huge financial advantage over everyone. However we're so far away from that level it's not even worth speculating about.

I'll still go to EEP when I'm back home from work but I can fully understand why anyone would stay away, and likewise I can understand why someone might think staying away might quicken the process of changing management. I hope we've got a favourable break clause in the contract, the board will know what it is, I can only hope sentiment doesn't get in the way of activating it.

Re assessing at the end of the season? Oaft.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 15:33

Quote:

Grant, Tue 30 Oct 15:21

With County being in this division GG I'll have absolutely no complaints about finishing behind them, as long as they're adequately managed, which they do appear to be, they'll have a huge financial advantage over everyone. However we're so far away from that level it's not even worth speculating about.

I'll still go to EEP when I'm back home from work but I can fully understand why anyone would stay away, and likewise I can understand why someone might think staying away might quicken the process of changing management. I hope we've got a favourable break clause in the contract, the board will know what it is, I can only hope sentiment doesn't get in the way of activating it.

Re assessing at the end of the season? Oaft.

Assessing at the end of the season I would imagine would be dependent on results improving over the next few weeks, otherwise a decision may well be taken before the Jan transfer window.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 15:43

I want a change of manager too and as previous posters said the board will be looking at the financial implications if they do pull the trigger.

I will continue going to games but I don’t feel the need to boo or shout “ Johnson out”. The directors will hear and see the reaction of the fans at games, they are not blind or deaf, patient certainly, cautious probably but impetuous ? No.

If we lose tonight and lose or draw on Saturday I am not sure if AJ will be in charge against Falkirk.

My opinion on the matter is that he will be around until Xmas and if we are still struggling then the board might act and bring a new man(men) in then.

Not that we are likely to have any cash though during the January window.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 15:50

Quote:

FergPar, Tue 30 Oct 13:22

"Better to try and turn things round at the moment and reassess at the end of the season."

You happy finishing 8th this season?

No, but that's better than getting into financial problems.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 16:09

We will be taking a greater risk if we keep him on and the gates keep falling.Someone said the attendances were down 17% already-do the maths. That's already a huge fall in income and a decrease well over and above what AJ will be on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 16:14

I think that 17% was on one game comparison was it not?

I think it takes longer to identify a downward trend on attendances.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 16:58

Parnear is obviously too young (lucky man) to remember the really bad years when we were drifting around the bottom of the lowest tier with gates below 1000 most home games.

Particular is correct, this is not a new scenario, walking away does NOT help the club.

For Widtink - sorted
"For info VEE... You can edit your post.
Just incase you weren't aware."

Post Edited (Tue 30 Oct 22:30)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: average white par  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 17:32

Psst... VEE... I won't tell anyone but I think you forgot the word "not" in your post...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 17:37

Well spotted that man - and correct, my bad.

Post Edited (Tue 30 Oct 17:37)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 17:41

For info VEE... You can edit your post.
Just incase you weren't aware.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 19:40

Interesting post. I will always go home and away to game. I’m in Inverness now and have to be in work at 7am tomorrow morning. We must be the only club that fans pay £20 a month. I’m sure the club are financially very stable now. I will however keep following regardless of how moany I get.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 20:45

Yeah. The folk that are going off on one have never watched , late seventies dross or early eighties games.But hey ho .I still go.

Post Edited (Tue 30 Oct 20:45)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 22:22

Those who insist that AJ must go now seem to be assuming that a new manager would WITHOUT A DOUBT improve results. Or they are willing to risk results getting worse.

I'm willing to write off the season and stay in this league rather than risk changing and then be in an even worse position. I don't see any signs that we're incapable of staying in this league, so I'm looking beyond this season for new management - unless we get into the bottom two with AJ - but that's not where we are; so it just strikes me a bit gung-ho and OTT all this attitude of AJ must go IMMEDIATELY! as if it is the obvious and CERTAIN cure for our poor results.

Post Edited (Tue 30 Oct 22:23)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 07:35

I want to refer to the post by Par-ticular above.

I have friends who were devastated by the loss of Scarborough FC.

The horror of seeing McKain Park ,reminded me of seeing overgrown Cathkin Park as a wee boy.

Seeing Scarborough haunted me as we emerged from Administration.Ross and the Board have our Club in good hands as we operate a tight ship.

Yes it was me who said Gates were down by 17%.The current average Gate is 5033 ,not vastly different from 5312 last Season.

I will be at the Alloa and Falkirk matches hoping young Keena can emulate his astonishing impact last night!I will be talking with my feet,therefore.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 07:46

I will be! In my seat in the Norrie as usual, clapping, chanting. That’s what we do we’re football fans. Sometimes at 16:45 on a Saturday you feel as though you’ve been kicked around like the ball on the pitch and if you post or read here after the game youwill know that it won’t improve your mood.
But come Monday morning I’m full of confidence that this coming Saturday will be the weekend we start to turn our season round, and I will start to get excited about the game.
That’s what football does to us,that’s why we keep going back for more.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 08:40

I feel sorry for the OP, and folks like him that are staying away from Pars games. You guy could potentially be about to miss a possible upturn in Pars performances under AJ’s stewardship.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 08:53

Sliema, it was sad seeing houses getting constructed on the site of McCain Park. I remember taking my son there when we were on holiday. They were playing Blackpool. My son was in a wheelchair at that time and everyone at the club were so friendly. Indeed we bought a scarf and I remember him wearing it at EEP when Scarborough were playing Chelsea in FA Cup. The annoying thing for Scarborough fans was that the club had invested a great deal of money in building 2 new stands.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 08:54

Quote:

1981par, Tue 30 Oct 19:40

Interesting post. I will always go home and away to game. I’m in Inverness now and have to be in work at 7am tomorrow morning. We must be the only club that fans pay £20 a month. I’m sure the club are financially very stable now. I will however keep following regardless of how moany I get.

Some clubs pay more. Motherwell, Hearts etc.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 09:03

Presumably those fans who are prepared to withdraw their support until AJ goes don't want us to improve our performances and results under his management?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 09:46

I've always found a way to support AJ until the last 2 matches. I was beginning to agree that confidence had gone and he was for some reason not managing to restore it.
I have never thought he or the team are not capable of doing much better but for some reason it just wasn't working. I became certain this would culminate in his replacement if he didn't find a way over the next few games. This was a tough one but he survived it and it looks like something might just have clicked. He has improved us each year and my faith that he can progress from here is restored but I fear if he doesn't follow up with maximum points from the next two games we will have to hold our hands up.
This is the point where we really need to turn up and get behind the team for the full 90 minutes.
His responsibility is to manage the club, ours is to support and encourage the team. We can hardly criticise him if we are failing in our responsibility. We have to be loud and encouraging to the team on the park and save demonstrations for the appropriate channels.

Lets hope this very decent result is the start of the progression and do our bit to help the confidence return.

Staying away is for losers.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 11:42

I've no issue with anyone who wants a change of manager.

However, when it gets to the stage of proclaiming that you won't be back until he's gone and/or actively encouraging others to do the same, I think you probably need to talk things through with someone.

AJ seems a decent enough guy to me, albeit I don't know him, so I can't see how it would be some sort of choice based on ethics or morality. I therefore can't see why you wouldn't want him to start turning things around given that it would mean that the team you support would be winning, which should, in turn, lead to you feeling better about life in general. Seems fairly obvious to me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I was in World War Two they'd call me spitfire

Post Edited (Wed 31 Oct 11:43)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 12:04

There are different reasons why people will vote with their feet. Last season I stopped going after the Morton Cup game because I stopped enjoying going, as I was a season ticket holder the club had my money, I also won a signed Martin Hardie print in the auction. I am not yet at walking away stage for this season however yet again I have a season ticket so the club will not loose. Other people possibly are financially struggling to go to games and as the product on show is not as good as everyone would want, would rather spend the money on food or other financial outgoings.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 13:06

There will always be lower crowds when things are not going well - and there will always be those who need to make a call based on their finances.

They're not the people who I am talking about though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I was in World War Two they'd call me spitfire
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yvb-par  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 17:29

Not going to talk with my feet but recent home performances are akin to going to church. Halfway through I zone out and my mind wanders elsewhere.
That is not enjoyable Saturday afternoon entertainment.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 17:52

Quote:

yvb-par, Wed 31 Oct 17:29

Not going to talk with my feet but recent home performances are akin to going to church. Halfway through I zone out and my mind wanders elsewhere.
That is not enjoyable Saturday afternoon entertainment.

If it was akin to going to church I would be there every week 😃

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 19:19

Not being a religious man, East End Park is my church

It’s the place I worship every other week, I also like to visit other places of worship and see how others offer up their particular brand of worship

It would take a huge amount to make me lose my faith

My personal pilgrimage to the hallowed ground will be a well worn one hopefully for many years to come, I do believe we shall overcome one day

Being a Pars supporter will test the congregation and will seldom be a journey of fulfilment, however when the glorious times arrive they should be savoured and the examination of ones resolve will be reviewed and savoured

Keep the faith my children, keep the faith
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 20:17

Amen

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: