DAFC.net
Home 14 November 2018 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Positive post.
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 21:40

A bloody good point tonight when very few gave us a chance.
A "lost dressing room" would have chucked that match.

AJ knows he was too loyal and took a gamble which has somewhat paid off with a draw and more importantly makes the journey home easier for our visiting fans tonight.
Well done to you all.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Positive post.
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 21:44

Didn't like the look of the team pre-match.

Was proven wrong after a decent performance. We looked the more dangerous side all throughout the game. One or two looked quite tired at the end though, so maybe could have utilised another sub. Much more like it tonight though - Ayr Utd aside, we look a good side away from home.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I was in World War Two they'd call me spitfire
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 21:45

Agreed.
Could we be finding our feet again?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 21:49

We didn't get beat by a team who have won 3 games all season, the fact that people think that's an incredible achievement shows just how low the acceptable standard has become.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 21:50

Inverness always a hard place to go, good draw, let's keep it going.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 21:51

Problem is Grant, no-one thinks it's an incredible achievement.

What's actually being said is that it's a decent result against a side that haven't lost in 20 league games and, as importantly, a much better performance than Saturday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 21:52

It's a step in the right direction. We need something to build on.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 21:53

If you want to win the league you need to win in Inverness. A point is good as we are a mid table side trying to get 4th spot.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 21:54

Quote:

Grant, Tue 30 Oct 21:49

We didn't get beat by a team who have won 3 games all season, the fact that people think that's an incredible achievement shows just how low the acceptable standard has become.

Who said it was " an incredible achievement"?

It was a better result than we all thought if you can be honest with yourself?

[IP address logged]

Quote:

1981par, Tue 30 Oct 21:53

If you want to win the league you need to win in Inverness. A point is good as we are a mid table side trying to get 4th spot.

I really give up....

[IP address logged]

Originator: Grant like | nolike
Date: Tue 30 Oct 21:49

———-

Grant on his fishing trip

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 21:55

Only going off the op, surely if very few people gave us a chance then to come away with a draw is quite the achievement?

They have drawn the majority of those matches, is it really that surprising that we in turn also got a draw?

Being generous, an OK result. Looking at it realistically, as a team who were hoping to mount an outside challenge for the title/qualify for the playoffs... It's not really that great a result at all, Inverness will be happier with it than us in the grand scheme of things.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 21:55

Exactly that Angus W. Looking for 2 wins in the next 2 now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 21:56

....If that's where we are so be it. We need to improve but the players showed they are up for it.

Big support on Saturday let's get into them......

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  

Quote:

1981par, Tue 30 Oct 21:53

The only teams to beat Inverness in the last 20 matches are Hearts and erm....us.
So nobody is going to win the league I guess

[IP address logged]

"If you want to win the league you need to win in Inverness"

That's a cliché often thrown out with little thought. People were saying it after we drew at Livingston last season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 21:57

Hearts might
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 21:58

And no AAPS, I genuinely thought it would be a draw, being quite the realist I thought it was the most likely outcome.

I did think it would be under 2.5 goals, you can't win them all though.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 22:00

Quote:

Grant, Tue 30 Oct 21:55

Only going off the op, surely if very few people gave us a chance then to come away with a draw is quite the achievement?

They have drawn the majority of those matches, is it really that surprising that we in turn also got a draw?

Being generous, an OK result. Looking at it realistically, as a team who were hoping to mount an outside challenge for the title/qualify for the playoffs... It's not really that great a result at all, Inverness will be happier with it than us in the grand scheme of things.

It was my OP I grant you, but defeats and booing from the stands really does demoralise a team.
It makes them nervous and on edge and afraid to make mistakes which is why I think some positive reaction is needed from 'supporters' when we clearly got a good away point this evening.

I hope you agree with that...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 22:04

A point i didn't think we'd be getting .
Happy with that , but we really need to back up tonight's performance with another couple against the bottom 2 in the league .
Well done tonight tho !

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 22:05

Of course it was a good point. Anyone who says otherwise is either fishing or on another planet

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 22:05

A point is a decent result up in Inverness. Sounds like we were still all over the place at the back though. Now, Nothing less than 6 points from the next two.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 22:07

''Inverness will be happier with it than us in the grand scheme of things.''

I doubt Inverness will be happy with a point against a team they beat away from home who are below them in the league. Quite frankly though, I'm not bothered how they view it. You've got to view this result in the context of our last two results.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 22:09

We were generally ok defensively. We gave away two good chances and they were dispatched fairly clinically. Losing two goals was probably as bad as it could have got - I'm sure the XG would have been less than 2 for those that are in to the stats.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 22:09

This isn't EEP though AAPS, it's obviously good to support the team from the stands but I don't see the point in pretending this result is something it wasn't on an online forum. A loss today would've put us effectively 7 points away from a playoff spot, a draw tonight was the very minimal, a loss would've been dreadful.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 22:25

What's the point in speculating what a loss would have meant? Baffling!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 22:28

A point is ok. Inverness has hardly been a happy hunting ground for us.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 22:31

A more than decent point especially considering recent results. To argue otherwise is a bit weird to be honest

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 22:32

They've now gone 22 games undefeated in the League apparently - a club record. John Robertson said he'd never seen his side so ill-disciplined in defence and generally disorganised. Maybe that was down to us.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 22:44

If you want someone to reply to you da_no_1 you're probably best actually replying to a post, pointing out what you disagree with and saying why it is you believe in your viewpoint.

It's quite wild that I'm having to explain how a forum works but every post I see from you on here consists of a snide remark without actually saying anything much in the way of a constructive post. A presumption would be that you're a child, only able to sneak onto your dad's computer for short intervals hence the short posts consisting of little thought. Wild.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 22:57

What a state to get in. Chill out man.

I wasn't at the game. We've been pretty poor the last 2 games I've seen. We got a draw and a new striker scored a couple. I'm quite happy with that on the face of it because as I said I wasn't there.

Your posts tonight are a bit weird. P&B might suit you better. Run along.

Post Edited (Tue 30 Oct 23:01)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 00:08

My posts are weird? The grand sum of your posts tonight has been to call someone a dork, insinuate that someone was on another planet and to then call someone weird, of course you didn't reply, or tell whoever it was you were aiming your posts at for whatever reason.

All because people had a different opinion on a game you didn't even watch, that's weird.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 00:20

Count to 10 Grant

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 01:16

I dont think he can.

Ok only kidding....couldny resist.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 01:51

See no reason why I'd have too tbh. Run along now and let the grown ups talk xox
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 06:43

''We didn't get beat by a team who have won 3 games all season, the fact that people think that's an incredible achievement shows just how low the acceptable standard has become.''

I'm beginning to think you're 1981par's twin brother, Grant. The old 1981, that is, not the new version, who admitted to being happy with a point and he was at the game, so he must have seen enough to make him think the trip was worthwhile.

In 9 out of 10 seasons, an average of 2pts per game (win at home and draw away) will win you the title. Our away record, other than the result at Ayr, has been reasonably decent. It's our home form that's been the problem, as AJ acknowledged before the ICT game. We can't seem to break down teams who sit in and wait for an opportunity to hit us on the counter, or make some individual defensive error and we normally oblige......... :-(

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: petrie_pants  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 07:13

If we could beat sides like queen of the South and Morton then a point up in Inverness would be seen as a decent return. As it is, we still don't have nearly enough points on the board.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 07:22

We really should be looking to win the next two. Anything less will not be acceptable in my eyes.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 07:37

Quote:

Grant, Wed 31 Oct 01:51

See no reason why I'd have too tbh. Run along now and let the grown ups talk xox

Awww sweet 😍

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 07:38

I’m happy with the result, certainly better than I expected & 2 goals scored will hopefully raise confidence in the players.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 08:02

I think the best way to look at it is a draw is a decent result up there with the way we’ve been playing recently, however with us playing catch up at the moment - with such a poor goal difference, we really need to start picking up 3 points. We really need a big result against Alloa.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 08:24

Maybe, we can kick on from that decent result and gather some momentum.

As St. Mirren showed last season and Ayr United are this season, you can come from a lowly place and get on a roll, all the way to the top.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 10:08

"I'm beginning to think you're 1981par's twin brother, Grant. The old 1981, that is, not the new version, who admitted to being happy with a point and he was at the game, so he must have seen enough to make him think the trip was worthwhile."

In isolation a draw up in Inverness normally is a good result, but when looking at the bigger picture with regards to our season last nights simply wasn't. For example last year at the end of the season, a draw was a fantastic result. All about the bigger picture. Petrie Pars sums it up in the next post.

I'd say that if we're going to get into the playoffs this year then Inverness and to an extent Ayr are the teams we're most likely to catch. Dundee United under Neilson are an entirely different proposition to the shambles Laszlo presided over and I can't see us overturning the points deficit they have over us, and we'll County are long gone. Our hope is to either catch Inverness or hope that Ayr crash and burn spectacularly. That doesn't look likely though.

So with all that in mind a loss yesterday would've had us needing 9 points to overturn Inverness, that's a pretty big gap. A draw was the minimum required yesterday and we got just that, an OK result that keeps us hanging in there. Anything less than 6 points v Alloa and Falkirk and the games a bogey for AJ, arguably if we don't get 3 points against Alloa it would be the better time to part ways with a two week break until the next game.

Post Edited (Wed 31 Oct 10:12)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 10:21

We can't do anything about the past but we can about the future. Everyone accepts that performances and results have to improve if we're going to challenge for promotion. Some think that's possible under the present management and squad of players and some don't. After losing our last two games at home a point at Inverness is a good start to possibly turning things round.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 13:26

Grant, I think you should start supporting a different team.
Supporting a team like the Pars has alway had its highs and its lows, many many lows. Trust me when I tell you it’ll continue to be this way for a long time to come, and you are going to live your life a seething mess if the Pars don’t start winning all the time. It seriously can’t be good for your health to live life in a rage over football the way you do.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 13:39

The two week break comes after the Falkirk game rather than after Alloa.

Stevie, I think your just the man to mentor Grant about not getting in to a seething mess.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Slevin Kelevra  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 14:24

Quote:

WORST, Wed 31 Oct 13:26

Supporting a team like the Pars has alway had its highs and its lows, many many lows. Trust me when I tell you it’ll continue to be this way for a long time to come, and you are going to live your life a seething mess if the Pars don’t start winning all the time. It seriously can’t be good for your health to live life in a rage over football the way you do.

Tbf he’s only stating the obvious.

We got style and we got grace
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 14:28

Quote:

Slevin Kelevra, Wed 31 Oct 14:24

Quote:

WORST, Wed 31 Oct 13:26

Tbf he’s only stating the obvious.

Tbf he's giving his opinion which some of us completely disagree with.

Post Edited (Wed 31 Oct 14:29)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 14:34

What an odd couple of posts.

If Worst you turn into an angry mess when Dunfermline get beat then that's on you, best not to presume that everyone else does likewise. In my comparatively short time of 20 years as a Pars fan I've seen us at our best since the 60s and at our lowest ebb in our history, I'm pretty aware that we have a tendency to lose games tbh.

Rather than trying to attack the poster try and think about the post, try reading.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 14:53

^^^^furious

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 15:32

Quote:

Grant, Wed 31 Oct 10:08

"I'm beginning to think you're 1981par's twin brother, Grant. The old 1981, that is, not the new version, who admitted to being happy with a point and he was at the game, so he must have seen enough to make him think the trip was worthwhile."

In isolation a draw up in Inverness normally is a good result, but when looking at the bigger picture with regards to our season last nights simply wasn't. For example last year at the end of the season, a draw was a fantastic result. All about the bigger picture. Petrie Pars sums it up in the next post.

I'd say that if we're going to get into the playoffs this year then Inverness and to an extent Ayr are the teams we're most likely to catch. Dundee United under Neilson are an entirely different proposition to the shambles Laszlo presided over and I can't see us overturning the points deficit they have over us, and we'll County are long gone. Our hope is to either catch Inverness or hope that Ayr crash and burn spectacularly. That doesn't look likely though.

So with all that in mind a loss yesterday would've had us needing 9 points to overturn Inverness, that's a pretty big gap. A draw was the minimum required yesterday and we got just that, an OK result that keeps us hanging in there. Anything less than 6 points v Alloa and Falkirk and the games a bogey for AJ, arguably if we don't get 3 points against Alloa it would be the better time to part ways with a two week break until the next game.

Good post, Grant. I can see where you're coming from now, whereas your previous post, which I alluded to, seemed unduly pessimistic. I come to it from another direction, namely that after two painful, consecutive home defeats with no goals scored, last night's result was very welcome. I dunno if it's the glass half full or half empty scenario, but I've never really been into psychoanalysis.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 17:01

Maybe me expecting us, and not being shocked that we drew up in Inverness makes me the most optimist poster on here GG. If last night showed anything it is that while Inverness are on a long drawing run, I think they'll lose more than us in the next eight.

I'll be at all the games in November hoping for the best.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 17:11

Fair enough Grant.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 19:02

Quote:

Grant, Wed 31 Oct 17:01

Maybe me expecting us, and not being shocked that we drew up in Inverness makes me the most optimist poster on here GG. If last night showed anything it is that while Inverness are on a long drawing run, I think they'll lose more than us in the next eight.

I'll be at all the games in November hoping for the best.

Maybes aye, maybes naw, Grant. Perhaps if you were to post that you still believe we can go up as champions this season, with AJ as manager, I might award you that accolade. 😃

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 23:54

I believe! Hic!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 02:11

Ref GG Riva:

<<< Perhaps if you were to post that you still believe we can go up as champions this season, with AJ as manager, >>>

Ref PARrot:

<<< I believe! Hic! >>>

I love these fantasy moments - too much realism does the heid in.

That's the spirit guys - keep it up. 👍
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 02:43

Erm...if you are saying I am one of your fantasies, well that's just too creepy!
On that note I'm out.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 10:54

Ref: PARrot
Thu 1 Nov 02:43

<<<Erm...if you are saying I am one of your fantasies, >>>

Well, tae a blind man on a gallopin' horse... That reminds me - did a gi'e Trigger his hay, and where's ma white stick!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FergPar  
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 12:41

It's a good draw but we need six points from the next two games, anything less won't be good enough.

Proud of the players for digging in at a difficult venue against a team that are pretty solid. I felt Tuesday's game was irrelevant as Inverness isn't an easy place to go, it's the next two that matter most.

Post Edited (Thu 01 Nov 12:41)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 13:20

Quote:

FergPar, Thu 1 Nov 12:41

It's a good draw but we need six points from the next two games, anything less won't be good enough.

Proud of the players for digging in at a difficult venue against a team that are pretty solid. I felt Tuesday's game was irrelevant as Inverness isn't an easy place to go, it's the next two that matter most.

Based on black and white a point might seem irrelevant but for team morale it might be crucial going into these two games.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Nov 13:20

Quote:

FergPar, Thu 1 Nov 12:41

Based on black and white a point might seem irrelevant but for team morale it might be crucial going into these two games.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: