DAFC.net
Home 14 November 2018 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Much better
Topic Originator: DAVEDAFC  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 22:31

First of all a massive well done to all the Pars fans who travelled up to Inverness tonight.

Aidan Keena, brilliant. Two great goals, hopefully he can get a decent run of games now.

Connolly and Hippolyte much improved imo. Both looked threatening going forward. Felt Hippolyte tired tho and should have been replaced but put in a very good shift nevertheless.

At the back still conceding very soft goals, not to sure what we can as it seems to be individual positional mistakes costing us.

Fais looked good off the bench and tried to drag the team to a winner. And to be honest we looked more likely to grab the winner, Connolly hitting the bar and Muirhead squandering a huge chance in the box towards the end.

Still a better performance, hopefully build on this now and go on a result.

Ps. Think an ex captain has a hell of a cheek sitting amongst the pars fans this evening. Judas 🐍

We’re on our way! We’re on our way! πŸ‡ΎπŸ‡ͺ🏁🍻
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Much better
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 22:43

Callum Morris?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 30 Oct 22:50

I noticed he wasn't in the Ross County squad tonight; injured presumably. I think they play ICT on Saturday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsdaft  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 00:36

If he was fit enough to watch the Pars, surely fit enough to watch his new team.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 07:03

''Ps. Think an ex captain has a hell of a cheek sitting amongst the pars fans this evening. Judas 🐍''

I think many fans have been unnecessarily hard on Morris. He loved both his spells at the Pars, especially the second one. I'm not surprised he was at the game and sat among the away fans. He'd be wanting his former team mates to win. He got on really well with all the players, the management team and the Chairman. He moved for significantly more money, although the Pars did their best to keep him at EEP. Young family, short career - who can blame him?

He was brilliant with the kids on all the school visits he attended, too.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sierra Nevada  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 07:19

It was a good point in terms of current form, a difficult midweek trip and the fact it sounds like we put on a decent performance.

On the other hand, we need more than draws to get up back up the league and it will mean very little unless we now take confidence from this and start a winning run.

I for one will now be looking for winning our next two games against the bottom two teams. Still lots to prove.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 07:25

Quote:

Sierra Nevada, Wed 31 Oct 07:19

It was a good point in terms of current form, a difficult midweek trip and the fact it sounds like we put on a decent performance.

On the other hand, we need more than draws to get up back up the league and it will mean very little unless we now take confidence from this and start a winning run.

I for one will now be looking for winning our next two games against the bottom two teams. Still lots to prove.

Good post, SN.

I think it was Confucius who said "Even the longest journey begins with a single step."

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 09:56

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 31 Oct 07:25

Quote:

Sierra Nevada, Wed 31 Oct 07:19

Good post, SN.

I think it was Confucius who said "Even the longest journey begins with a single step."

It was Laozi....not Confucius πŸ˜‰

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimMcDAFC  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 10:23

Well done team and supporters who travelled but like other posters have mentioned the next two games are even more important because we do not want the usual slump after a good performance so please keep it up pars and give the supporters some hope/ entertainment for the future.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 11:29

Hope this is used as a springboard to go on a good run if we can win the next 2 games and i see no reason why we can't do so and that would set us up nicely ahead of the gap week before our trip to Dingwall where nobody will give us a chance in hell of getting a result but you never know what might happen
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsdaft  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 16:32

I do wonder why Hippolyte felt he had to take the free kick near the end? Connolly had not the bar from a similar but slightly closer to goal effort just 5 minutes earlier. Designated free kick taken required? P.S. Diplomats had a good game though overall.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 31 Oct 17:19

Nice of ICT to give away the ball so Hippo could set up the first goal.

Unfortunately he decided to be a spectator when Calder was given an invitation to equalise.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: